REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #451
Circle Stick Square Mod

rofl deep fried a shoe
Advertisement

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #452
My homepage has been set to RS

i used to work at boston pizza back in the day and they never washed vegetables. I thought maybe this is normal or something, but then when the food inspector came, we were instructed to make sure we wash them (for that day only). So yeah...that's kinda fucked up...

it's the boston pizza in richmond, at ironwood plaza
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:18 AM   #453
My homepage has been set to RS

also, friend used to work at sammy j peppers (3 road) and for soups of the day, they'd throw in random shit. One time, they ran outta ingredients and made "hot dog soup" consisting of cut-up hot dogs and water lol
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #454
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amargovs View Post
also, friend used to work at sammy j peppers (3 road) and for soups of the day, they'd throw in random shit. One time, they ran outta ingredients and made "hot dog soup" consisting of cut-up hot dogs and water lol
Why would Sammy J Peppers have hot dogs to begin with?
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #455
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,558 Times in 302 Posts
At superstore when we say we're gonna go look in the back to check for an item...we usually just walk around the back or just go talk to someone for a while and come back and say its sold out
Timewav3zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #456
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I don't know what your talking about the twoony on the floor under the seat must have gotten sucked up the vaccuum. If your stupid enough to take a car to get cleaned and detailed and leave money on the floor under the seat thats your problem. I call it a reward for a job well done. You cant expect kids making minimum wage at a shit job like to NOT take the 50 cents or whatever they find on the floor. Get a grip.

Berz out.
wow.
Berz, I actually had a type of respect for you. you know from seeing you on the forums, you being a recognizable figure here.. i dont' know..
but now, you're a complete douche bag.
if you simply replied with, "yeah i was a douche bag back then, sorry" that would have been fine. but the fact that you're defending what you did?

whether it is $0.50 or $10 or $0.01 it's still theft. granted it doesn't seem like a big deal. but don't defend yourself in saying you were working at a shit min. wage job. and you call it a reward? i hate people like you. ie. servers who think they deserve a tip for doing their got damn job. a tip is for a job well done. not just because you brought my food from the kitchen to me.

and don't bull shit a bull shiter. you make it sound like you only took money less than $1. I'm sure you've taken a couple of bills here and there.

Last edited by TheKingdom2000; 05-27-2009 at 11:50 PM.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #457
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J____ View Post
80% of the producers on the movies i work on are all married and all bring hookers to the wrap parties.

oh and the majority of ppl working in film are overpayed, underskilled, cave men who thinks they're the shit. In reality, without union regulations, i can pick a handfull of ppl off the streets that can do a better job.
What do you do?
manonthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #458
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
i think this deserves a bump....

some good shit here

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #459
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

When you come in for an oil change, we check your brakes, air filter and fluids! ^^

When it's low (coolant, washer fluid) we top it off for you!
Lamboda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #460
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
anyone here worked at EB Games before? I hear all kinds of sketchy shit on RFD.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #461
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
wow.
Berz, I actually had a type of respect for you. you know from seeing you on the forums, you being a recognizable figure here.. i dont' know..
but now, you're a complete douche bag.
if you simply replied with, "yeah i was a douche bag back then, sorry" that would have been fine. but the fact that you're defending what you did?

whether it is $0.50 or $10 or $0.01 it's still theft. granted it doesn't seem like a big deal. but don't defend yourself in saying you were working at a shit min. wage job. and you call it a reward? i hate people like you. ie. servers who think they deserve a tip for doing their got damn job. a tip is for a job well done. not just because you brought my food from the kitchen to me.

and don't bull shit a bull shiter. you make it sound like you only took money less than $1. I'm sure you've taken a couple of bills here and there.
All depends on one's interpretation of the term "cleaning out"

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #462
DUHHH HELLLLLLLLLO

BMW
-All managers and sales gets bmws as demos but they pay 300ish flat rate for a demo whether it be a 323i - a 7 series. But because of regulated showing every sales/managers will get a different car different spec " a demo" most managers will take the 7's and 6's m3

-for obvious reasons, buy a new car rather than a demo
-we use Automagic products
-we make new lot staff wash all the cars by hand for at least a month

For Sale
BMW Multimedia cord for iDrive
GDchoi's Closet Cleanout
GDChoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #463
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
those faulty or defective samsung tv's you buy from any store in the LML.... they were not done at the factory

don't work there anymore though, but by the time i left they cracked down on a lot of people damaging products on purpose.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #464
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Its not really a secret but normal people won't realize it. At Aberdeen stores like Gibson, Menji, look so real, Hobby store, you think everyone is working hard behind a computer and constantly looking at the screen or typing. Fact is, they're using the internet and slacking off because they're bored as hell and hired just to watch the store pretty much.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #465
lol
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Futureshop/BB

If you actually want to get an extended warranty for your TV, get the exact same warranty thru the manufacturers website and save hundreds of dollars.

fuck i hated working at the shit hole. the managers there were such geeks. lifers trying to make something out of themselves.. 30+ yrs old trying to become a department manager lol
lol is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #466
DUHHH HELLLLLLLLLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol View Post
Futureshop/BB

If you actually want to get an extended warranty for your TV, get the exact same warranty thru the manufacturers website and save hundreds of dollars.

fuck i hated working at the shit hole. the managers there were such geeks. lifers trying to make something out of themselves.. 30+ yrs old trying to become a department manager lol
dont you guys get commission only if you sell warranty? and those side products (cleaning shit) no body buys?

For Sale
BMW Multimedia cord for iDrive
GDchoi's Closet Cleanout
GDChoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #467
I bringith the lowerballerith

Probably applies to all fast-food restaurants:
When going at night, when you order ask for all fresh ( if you dont mind waiting a bit[usually 5min max if order has chicken, 3min for fries, ~3min for burgers] ).
Don't get coffee near closing time.

For Poco Wendy's, it closes at 2am. so at like 11-12pm ish, we fry an abundant amount of chicken to last us through the night. so if you buy a spicy chicken burger at 130am it couldve been sitting since midnight. (TBH though, its not that bad since workers take leftovers home and at least to me it tastes fine)..
Beef burgers are always cooked fresh though.

Hacks:
if you go at a rush hour time, 12,3,6-7,ish; the double window system is in use(drive thru) pay at the first window and at the second window, you could say, Oops i meant to supersize that, or I wanted to add a small frosty, whatever doesnt require a grill and use cash. sometimes they just give it to u. (i did)

and if i was on drive thru at nights, i upsized for free. some dude asked for a free drink so i gave him np. (try ur luck at late nights. when its slow, the workers dont give a shit anyways [but not burgers,meats,anyting but maybe fries]) cuz usually the manager is also a college student.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #468
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewav3zer0 View Post
At superstore when we say we're gonna go look in the back to check for an item...we usually just walk around the back or just go talk to someone for a while and come back and say its sold out
why waste people's time? If you are a lazy worker just say whatever's on the shelf is all we got.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #469
I bringith the lowerballerith

^ because it allows him to go to the back and kill some time.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #470
RS Licensed Vendor

Secrets about work eh....

-I sometimes browse RS NWS section when people aren't around
-Phil spends alot of time on the shitter
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #471
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Don't order room service past 12 at smaller hotels. More likely or not, the cooks are all gone and ur food is probably refridgerated/frozen and just microwaved or baked by whoevers working that shift.

Being friendly to ur bartender is key to them throwing u a little extra. Depending on how extensively the liquor is logged, they sometimes have some leeway in terms of how much they can "overpour"

never order soup or sandwich specials. its just leftovers from the day or week before which is about to possibly expire.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by Jer3; 07-28-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #472
My name is ANDREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdub333 View Post
BMW
-All managers and sales gets bmws as demos but they pay 300ish flat rate for a demo whether it be a 323i - a 7 series. But because of regulated showing every sales/managers will get a different car different spec " a demo" most managers will take the 7's and 6's m3

-for obvious reasons, buy a new car rather than a demo
-we use Automagic products
-we make new lot staff wash all the cars by hand for at least a month
Sounds like Jessel
1mcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #473
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post

I'm disappointed that 15 years ago I did something that makes you have less respect for me now.
Sorry bud never came across a bill. Bills are usually kept in wallets and don't get tossed around the interior of cars to be forgotten about or sucked up by vacuum cleaners.....

Berz out.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #474
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

at an old car shop i volunteered at they would adjust the alignment heads to give false readings to make the alignment appear better.

I also knew someone who would take synthetic oil or any good brand from the customer and replace it with shop oil to keep for their own vehicle.

now im a lot guy at the dealership:

if you have a black car, it's supposed to be hand washed with a wash mitt. Why? scratches are more easily visible. Now, if its any other color-- we'll use a brush. If you care at all about your paint-- skip the wash. Its all about volume when it comes to washing cars

just to ad to the above, my friends dad who also worked at Oasis in north van (if there's another one) and said the manager took $300 under a seat. He got really paranoid after and put it in the vacuum. I dont know where it went from there but i'll ask my friend about it another time lol.
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #475
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
when i used to work at the panago call centre and you were waiting to order, you were usually on mute because i was too busy talking to a coworker or i'd tell you to hold so i could talk to my coworker haha
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: