REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

Obsideon 06-18-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iVTEC_Do_You? (Post 8847141)
Markelle Fultz, Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, Dario Saric.... :o

Ya Philly starting to look goooood!

Celtics are starting to have too picks for their own good they need to unload them for a star. Good trade for C's to trade down since the top 3 projected picks are all PG which wouldn't make sense with IT breaking out.

EDawg 06-19-2017 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 8847263)
Any true basketball fan would never respect KD's ring, it was bought not earned.
Facts are facts, the guy joined a 73-win team.

Also I'm hoping Griffin goes to OKC and CP3 joins the Spurs. Leave that bum DJ on the Clips by himself after that Dallas stunt.

i don't get why people are still butthurt about KD signing with the dubs

yes he joined a 73 win team. who cares? he wanted to win and GSW had the cap space to sign him. why did no one hate on Aldridge when he signed with the spurs? or Bogut when he signed with the cavs? everyone in the league wants to win. that's the entire point of playing in the NBA.

KD legitimately likes playing in oakland. the only reason he's getting so much hate is because he is one of the best players in the world. you don't see anyone hating on mcgee/pachulia/barnes or anyone else the warriors picked up this past season. what's the difference here? everyone is chasing a ring and signing with the team that they think allows them the best chance to win. if GSW has a roster spot and the player is willing to accept the salary that they are being offered, its legit.

i think we all have to remember that this is his career and he can do whatever the fuck he wants

Gh0st 06-19-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 8847263)
Any true basketball fan would never respect KD's ring, it was bought not earned.
Facts are facts, the guy joined a 73-win team.

real talk.

Spoon 06-19-2017 08:30 AM

The way Lebron was playing in the series, GSW would not have won it without KD.

I don't even care about the regular season, neither do most of the contenders as long as they make the playoffs.

pastarocket 06-20-2017 08:29 AM

Hot trade rumour between the Cavs and Pacers.

Paul George going to Cleveland to form a new big three? Kevin Love traded to Indiana?

Interesting. :considered:

Cavs wanna reload in order to get stronger against GSW. Can you imagine another Finals match up between these teams with PG13 playing with LeBron? FeelsGoodMan

Cavaliers Rumored to Be in 'Very Early Stages' of Paul George Trade Talks | Bleacher Report

Obsideon 06-20-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDawg (Post 8847289)
i don't get why people are still butthurt about KD signing with the dubs

yes he joined a 73 win team. who cares? he wanted to win and GSW had the cap space to sign him. why did no one hate on Aldridge when he signed with the spurs? or Bogut when he signed with the cavs? everyone in the league wants to win. that's the entire point of playing in the NBA.

KD legitimately likes playing in oakland. the only reason he's getting so much hate is because he is one of the best players in the world. you don't see anyone hating on mcgee/pachulia/barnes or anyone else the warriors picked up this past season. what's the difference here? everyone is chasing a ring and signing with the team that they think allows them the best chance to win. if GSW has a roster spot and the player is willing to accept the salary that they are being offered, its legit.

i think we all have to remember that this is his career and he can do whatever the fuck he wants

That's exactly the point, he is in his prime right now and one of the best players in the world. Even LMA clearly doesn't move the needle the way KD does. Speaking of which Zaza the real MVP for taking Kawhi out of the game or GSW wouldn't have been 15-0.

KD is an all-world talent, joining a 73-win team that was up 3-1 in the finals. This just in too; he's opting out to re-sign a cheaper contract so GS can keep the team intact. He totally bitched out.

Before you get to Lebron, IMO he was in the same boat when he took his talents to south beach, until he earned my respect back the last 2 years.

The NBA is so watered down this years playoffs was sooo boring.
Infact the off-season so far has been more interesting than the playoffs lol.

At this point might as well cut the league into 8-teams and stack all the teams together lol

Rumours swirling with PG and Butler heating up.
Where is Melo gonna go, and apparently even Porzingis is available.
CP3 and Griffin?

Sir_Loin 06-20-2017 01:41 PM

I don't buy the crap Lebron was coming "home" in 2014. He leaves when the team around him sucks, Wade was is OLD and Bosh medical retirement, he left for Cleveland to join a younger Kyrie and already established All-Star in Love. Lebron is smart in the way he moves besides the Announcement in 2010 everything is well thought out and deliberate.

It's not like KD joined the exact 73-9 GS team, they lost a lot of their bench depth and starting Center and SF Barbosa/Bogut/Barnes also Speights. Stars have been doing this since the 70s when the team around them sucks or the owner wont pay up to put a good team around them they go to bigger teams. Wilt and Kareem to the Lakers, Barkley to the Suns etc. Superstars moving isn't a new thing.

Obsideon 06-20-2017 02:00 PM

Oh I don't buy it either. I still don't "like" Lebron but I respect his talent, the last 2 playoffs really boosted him into the next echelon.

GS didn't lose any depth at all.
Barnes was invisible last playoffs and was directly replaced by KD himself.
Bogut was a shell and was replaced by MVP Zaza.
Losing Speights offset by signing West.
34 year old Barbosa filled in by 36 year old Matt Barnes and opened up playing time for Livingston
Javale McGee stepped up too and made losing Festus a moot point, especially when he was injured the entire season.

And let's face it do you really need 12-man deep bench when you have 4 All-NBA + super 6th man Iggy (who would be a starter on 29 other teams)? They blow out teams by 30 points then let the kids play.
Especially in the playoffs when the bench is tightened up to 7-8 players, 3 of them can carry their own teams.

Sir_Loin 06-20-2017 04:52 PM

They did drop 6 games going from 73 to 67 this season after Durant missed half the season. The whole he joined a 73-9 team would make more sense if they get the same roster and added KD but they did have to make some trades to clear enough room for him. KD > Basura aka Barnes and Bogut and Barbosa.

KD joined an already established championship caliber "core" , whereas Lebron in 2010 built his core both have positives and negatives. KD could've easily fucked up their chemistry in GS and Lebron in 2010 could've picked the wrong guys to team up with.

Obsideon 06-20-2017 05:03 PM

Notification just popped up on my phone, Butler has informed Cavs he rather stay on Bulls and try to make them a contender than join up with them.

Respect.

Kawhi is my favourite player but Butler is not far behind.

see.lai 06-20-2017 06:13 PM

I'd rather have Butler move to a different team than build around that aging group in Chicago..

Maybe if they could bring in a couple more big names to Chicago, it'd be great.

EDawg 06-21-2017 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 8847577)
That's exactly the point, he is in his prime right now and one of the best players in the world. Even LMA clearly doesn't move the needle the way KD does. Speaking of which Zaza the real MVP for taking Kawhi out of the game or GSW wouldn't have been 15-0.

KD is an all-world talent, joining a 73-win team that was up 3-1 in the finals. This just in too; he's opting out to re-sign a cheaper contract so GS can keep the team intact. He totally bitched out.

Before you get to Lebron, IMO he was in the same boat when he took his talents to south beach, until he earned my respect back the last 2 years

sooo... KD is a bitch for willing to take less money? i dunno, to me that actually shows maturity and selflessness by sacrificing for the greater good of the team. this is a team that KD loves playing for and feels like gives him the best chance to win. so why not take less money and keep the team together? obviously winning is more important to him than money

as for Lebron, regardless of what he says, he DID start the superteam in the modern era. now every team is trying to build a big 3. people give him all this credit for coming home to Cleveland to win a championship for his hometown. in my opinion, LBJ bitched out too. after the spurs beat him in 2014 he realized he probably wasn't going to win again in Miami. So he decided to go to Cleveland because they had a prodigal PG in Kyrie and immediately made them trade for Kevin Love. instant big 3 in Cleveland. not to mention all the other stars they've picked up along the way in smith, shumpert, deron williams, kyle korver, etc. If you want to talk about rings being bought, Cleveland's championship in 2016 was way more so than the warriors in 2017. people gotta remember, the Dubs DRAFTED curry, thompson, and green. KD is the first big-name free agent that they have picked up in years.

F3 06-22-2017 12:35 AM

People bitch about Melo selling out for the paycheck when he signed a max deal with the Knicks when it was clear they weren't going to win anytime soon, and then the same people bitch about KD taking less money to try to win...? So they're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't. I guess haters gonna hate.

pastarocket 06-22-2017 02:12 PM

-latest trade rumour involves PG going to the Spurs or Trail Blazers.

Paul George playing with Kawhi Leonard and Pau? Interesting. :considered:

Paul George Trade Rumors: Spurs, Blazers 'Serious Players' in Race for Star | Bleacher Report

Obsideon 06-22-2017 10:07 PM

Butler to the T-Wolves.
Minny and Sixers are going to be very interesting to watch develop.
Rubio/Butler/Wiggins/KAT
Fultz/Saric/Simmons/Embiid

If Boston can land PG ... ooh!
IT4/Bradley/PG13/Tatum/Horford

Spurs drafted some efficient shooter guy and trusting Popp and co they know who they got. Makes Green expendable, and dropping LMA to get CP3?

Obsideon 06-22-2017 10:20 PM

IMO KD and Lebron are both bitches :lol
Melo I ain't got no beef, he wanted to go NY and they (Phil) were dumb enough to pay him and staple on a NTC for good measure lmao. It's no secret; he literally said it himself. He is staying in the Big Apple for his wife and family. So what if he ain't a ring chaser, no reason to hate on him. He still gives it his all on the court for better or for worse.

While on a related now, ho wow Zen Master is such a shitty GM lol he's single-handedly turned the Knicks into the basketball version of the Canucks. Forcing the coach to adapt to his archaic triangle system (Similar to Aqualini's meddling with the coach), alienates his best player and then throws his only budding star (Porzingis) under the bus. Nobody will want to play for the Knicks as long as he's running the show.

iVTEC_Do_You? 06-22-2017 10:39 PM

This offseason is gonna be spicy :fuckyea:

dachinesedude 06-23-2017 09:09 AM

Wolves look awesome on paper but we'll see how they do, still lacking 3 point shooting which you need nowadays to compete

pastarocket 06-26-2017 07:54 PM

-much respect to Russell Westbrook for his MVP performance this season and his acceptance speech in praising his parents. The sacrificial love of parents in raising their children and helping them grow and develop their talents can never overlooked.
:thumbsup:

Obsideon 06-27-2017 03:10 PM

Not bad for their first ever Awards show. Kinks need to be worked out and Drake had some cringey AF moments lol

and the shit was Draymond wearing... cut off dress pants? :heckno:

Bender Unit 06-28-2017 10:21 AM

LA Clippers to trade Chris Paul to Houston Rockets

I am not sure how it will workout as the Rocket switched James Harden as PG last year with hugh success.

roflwaffle604 06-28-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender Unit (Post 8849069)
LA Clippers to trade Chris Paul to Houston Rockets

I am not sure how it will workout as the Rocket switched James Harden as PG last year with hugh success.

doesn't hurt having another playmaker so harden doesn't have to do everything all year again. he was gassed by the time playoffs came around last season

also not like they're getting just ANY playmaker. this is CP3 we're talking about. the point god

pastarocket 06-29-2017 02:10 PM

More Clippers players are jumping ship. Griffin to the Suns?

Brad Turner
✔ ‎@BA_Turner

Blake Griffin scheduled to meet with Phoenix Suns Saturday, per source. Suns can offer BG 4 year deal, $130 million.

Phoenix would have a strong lineup with Griffin, Bledsoe, Devin Booker, and the no. 4 pick in the draft Josh Jackson.

Euro7r 06-30-2017 06:48 PM

Wow. PG to OKC.

West full of stacked teams....

These teams offering their superstar players max contracts/extensions, ridiculous amount of money.

pastarocket 06-30-2017 07:54 PM

LeBron is gonna be pissed at not being to get Paul George on his team.

Cavs can still acquire old Melo despite his defensive shortcomings. :lawl: