REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

see.lai 05-07-2018 07:19 PM

It's nice when the whole team is actually contributing, and not just Lebron.

I hope Philly comes back from the dead.. 3-1 now. Need Embiid to go godmode on boston's rockies

Euro7r 05-07-2018 07:27 PM

Disappointing playoff as usual for Raptors. Didn't expect 4-0 sweep.

whitev70r 05-07-2018 08:02 PM

OK, I eat crow ... was REALLY off on this one. WTH happened ??!!

pastarocket 05-07-2018 08:16 PM

Will this offseason be a time of big changes for the Craptors? :considered:

-interesting article on NBA.com:

https://ca.nba.com/news/toronto-rapt...s1oz82hriz298p

It would be difficult to trade DeRozan with his big contract of 84 million US over the next three years. DeMar was a no show in game 3 with an 8 point performance. Can this player really lead the team to become a championship contender?

Fire coach Casey as part of a reset? He's a good coach who keeps losing to LeBron's Cavs.

Lowry is 32 years old with 2 years, 64 million US on his contract. He is also difficult to trade because of his age and salary.

Van Vleet is the engine on the bench. Raptors need to keep this player.

whitev70r 05-07-2018 08:19 PM

Keep it together one more year, see what happens to Lebron in free agency ... he may be in the West (LA?).

If you ever felt bad about being let go or fired ... Casey could be fired from the Raps and he might very well be the Coach of the Year. He was already voted as such by his peers, fellow NBA coaches!

Update ... Casey fired today, kinda feel bad for the guy. But I'm sure he has a nice contract that still pays him until he lands somewhere else. There are not too many coaches out there that can beat a team with #23 on it. I mean who is available and can be considered an upgrade?

Euro7r 05-11-2018 12:36 PM

Casey fired after named coach of the year...

Raps are garbage team, none of the players even showed up in the playoffs as usual. Fire coach because he is 100% liable for early summer? Doesn't really make sense to me by this move.

whitev70r 05-11-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euro7r (Post 8902445)
Casey fired after named coach of the year...

Raps are garbage team, none of the players even showed up in the playoffs as usual. Fire coach because he is 100% liable for early summer? Doesn't really make sense to me by this move.

Yah, this one I think are on the players. Raps need to get a bona fide superstar. They have good supporting cast.

acrophobia 05-11-2018 07:41 PM

The Raps have become a laughing stock in the US and since the players’ stock is so low after the playoff debacle, someone had to go...finanacially Casey was the easiest out.

IMO, JV’s horrible missed layups in the 4th quarter of game one sealed the deal on the death of the Raps this postseason.

jonwon 05-11-2018 07:52 PM

Only recent bandwagon fans of Raptors would think this isn't the right move.

Casey doesn't know how to make adjustments, he let Love and LBJ feast on CJ Miles for multiple possessions without addressing it. He is also TERRIBLE at drawing plays out of a timeout, it will always end up in some garbage ISO. This has been going on since he started coaching the team. The reason the offense did so well this season is because of Nick Nurse. Believe me, I am appreciative of these 7 great seasons under Casey's wing, but we need a different coach to push us into championship contention.

However, finding the right coach will be difficult and it is a big gamble on Masai's part.

Special K 05-12-2018 12:22 AM

I’d never understand why a rookie OG guarded LBJ and most of the time there are no double teams...

Obsideon 05-12-2018 03:47 PM

The 2 biggest mysteries's of the season so far have been Kawhi and Fultz.

Fultz came back the last bit of the regular season, looked healthy. Broke Embiid's face, played a couple more games, then didn't play a single minute in the playoffs?

Nobody has a clue what is going on with Kawhi... which is so strange given it's coming out of the rock solid Spurs camp.

Writers already throwing out trade scenarios for Kawhi.
Raptors and Spurs
Kawhi and Gay for Derozan, OG and Siakam
Would you do it? Given Leonards situation ... don't know if he's hurt, or a mental issues?

daval 05-12-2018 03:51 PM

Fultz, he aint that good and i dont think he will be good in the nba.

The claws rumor to be going to lakers, celtics.

Obsideon 05-12-2018 03:55 PM

Celtics have either been super lucky or the GM is a mastermind.
First fleecing Nets for a thousand years.
Then he trades down the same pick from the Nets 1st overall to 3rd overall and getting an extra future 1st rounder, with of all teams - Philly.
Philly drafts Fultz and Celtics uses Sixers pick to steal Jayson Tatum who was key in eliminating the same team that traded his pick away.

- Trading a broken Isiaiah Thomas for Kyrie was brilliant.

And now they are fighting for the ECF without their 2 biggest stars. Mindboggling! Also hiring Brad Stevens who IMO is now the 2nd best coach in the league behind Poppovich obviously paying dividends.

Obsideon 05-12-2018 04:00 PM

How scary would they have been if Kyrie and Hayward were still playing? Could definitely challenge Rockets and Warriors IMO.
I think they might even have a chance against Cleveland this series! They are smart and gritty defensively, similar to the Pacers in Round 1 who pushed Bron to the limit.

dachinesedude 05-13-2018 02:15 PM

did anyone watch the cavs and celtics game? dam cavs got dominated

Euro7r 05-13-2018 06:21 PM

No Irving and Haywood, Celtics played well today.

pastarocket 05-13-2018 08:22 PM

Celtics executed their defensive strategy against LBJ to near perfection.

Marcus Morris backed up his words by playing good defence against LeBron.

The King had 7 out of the 9 turnovers for the Cavs. Morris held James to just 15 points.

-team effort with Jaylen Brown, Tatum, and Marcus Smart cutting off passing lanes, stopping ball penetration, and contesting everything at the rim.

Taylor Snow

@taylorcsnow

UPDATED – LeBron's last 12 Games vs. a Marcus Morris team
– 20.6 PPG
– 14.6% from 3
– Has not reached 30 points in a single game

pastarocket 05-15-2018 07:23 PM

Celtics win game 2 with great defence in the second half of the game. Boston only allowed the Cavs to score 39 points total in the third and fourth quarter.

Meanwhile, Cleveland's defence deteriorated in the second half. LBJ had a 40 plus point triple double but his team mates shot poorly and looked frustrated. Shooting 3 for 17 in the second half from the 3 point arc. :lawl:

JR Smith is a punk for pushing Al Horford. :fuckthatshit:

Euro7r 05-16-2018 11:52 AM

Cavs are done.

Lebron has no additional support from rest of the team.

Spoon 05-16-2018 12:02 PM

Definitely routing for the Celtics before they lose to GSW. But they're home wins. Let's get one on the road first. The Cavs roleplayers are bound to wake up for a few games.

daval 05-16-2018 01:13 PM

hou -2 tonight, anyone?

pastarocket 05-22-2018 07:34 PM

What a game four tonight between the Warriors and Rockets!

Houston gets a comeback win thanks to a strong game by CP3, good defence, and hustle plays by PJ Tucker. Tucker had sixteen rebounds! :notbad:

GSW had chances to tie this game but Curry and Thompson tried to force shots from the 3 point arc instead of setting up higher percentage plays with time remaining on the shot clock.

Euro7r 05-22-2018 08:52 PM

Warriors meltdown in the 4th quarter. Didn't like some of the shots by KD/Curry/Thompson down the stretch.

daval 05-22-2018 09:14 PM

Couldnt believe kd passed up the last shot and gave to thompson when he is alreafy driving passed the 3pt line. Glad the under hit tho.

whitev70r 05-24-2018 09:44 PM

Interesting ... must admit that I didn't see this coming. Go Houston! Would be nice to see some other teams in the finals other than Cleveland and GS.