REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-19-2021, 10:39 AM   #2826
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Roman Reigns & Bobby Lashley. Fuck get these off the heavy weight championship, sick and tired of seeing these boring fucks. Just watching these two makes me fall asleep.
Advertisement
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 03:35 PM   #2827
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Roman Reigns & Bobby Lashley. Fuck get these off the heavy weight championship, sick and tired of seeing these boring fucks. Just watching these two makes me fall asleep.
That's just WWE style main event these days.

WWE can have good matches (Charlotte vs Rhea) and good spots (Ricochet and Owens in the MITB) but the rest of their card is so dull. And also despite the good matches, the booking is bad (Rhea's title reign)

If you want really good wrestling you should switch to AEW or something else. Fuck even Impact is probably better
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 06:11 PM   #2828
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
i thought Roman vs Edge was fantastic.

Kofi doin the job to Lashley... and with Big E winning MITB... setting up bigE for the champ belt? I'll take it
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:54 PM   #2829

Roman vs Edge was 20 minutes too long, or at least the first 20 minutes were too boring and didn't mean anything in the end.

Watched Raw today for the first time in 18 months or so

-They still sweeten the crowd noise, and turn down volume when they boo who they don't want

-Keith Lee makes his triumphant return just to job to Lashley setting up another Goldberg match.

-Karrion Kross comes in as NXT champion, they take away the best part of his act, the cool entrance, they take away his girl, and they job him out to Jeff Hardy, who has been jobbing on Raw and Main Event for the last year. What a kick in the nuts to HHH

-Nikki ASH beats Charlotte serving nothing more than giving Charlotte another "Championship Win" so she can copy her dad's gimmick. Thing is it doesn't mean much when she holds the title for 1 day every time she wins it.

What a shit show. Crowd was DEAD after 2 hours. Smackdown was shit too. I thought they'd see this as a way to restart after having full crowds again... But the shows are exactly like they were then, except big pops for returning stars in their 50's. MITB was good
Old 07-22-2021, 02:25 PM   #2830

So AEW most likely signed Bryan Danielson, and possibly CM Punk

And their ratings have been trending upwards since going back to Wednesdays. 1.1m viewers last night

Raw and SD got bumps since fans came back, but the shows are still bad so the downward trend will be back in a few weeks

How long until AEW beats Raw in the ratings?
Old 07-22-2021, 09:37 PM   #2831
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

If Punk debuts at All out.. TK needs to license this

hell Punk shared this music today hahaha. The pop he would get in Chicago when this blasts through the arena and BAM it ain't MJ, but its CM PUNK

Lookin forward to what TK has up his sleeves if these rumours are true.
Old 08-01-2021, 10:13 AM   #2832
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

lol WWE

Bray Wyatt's gimmick was very well done, very well thought out, but incompetent writers completely FUCKED the character over.

I think the wwe will rehire him at some point
Old 08-01-2021, 10:29 AM   #2833
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

i am predicting AEW to try to sign him and Braun..
I am always a WWE fan..hardly watch AEW, but i am sensing WWE going the way of WCW..if they don't force Vince to step down and let some new blood to run the empire
SuperAman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 03:20 PM   #2834

AEW won't touch Braun

Wyatt maybe but I doubt any time soon

They have an over stacked roster as it is, with two huge names coming in the next couple months
Old 08-01-2021, 06:25 PM   #2835
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

unless Khan wants to go for the kill..compete on Monday..maybe move Dynamite to Monday. I don't think money is an object so it could be bragging rights now...
heard Nick Khan is the one doing these cuts... that's what is gonna happen when you put non wrestling guys there and they gotta answer to shareholders.
SuperAman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:13 PM   #2836

They don't need to go after WWE, they just need to do well on their own. They can get Raw type ratings (actually they already beat them in important demos) on Wednesdays.

WWE tried going after them and failed miserably, and killed their own show... They'd have to move Raw to Wednesdays to try it again

Tony Khan has said that they won't ever go to Mondays because they don't want to compete with NFL
Old 08-01-2021, 09:17 PM   #2837

Just came out that Adam Cole's contract ended last month and is on a handshake deal to finish up to Summerslam and evaluate from there.

Now THAT is a signing that AEW can use.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:07 AM   #2838
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAman View Post
unless Khan wants to go for the kill..compete on Monday..maybe move Dynamite to Monday. I don't think money is an object so it could be bragging rights now...
heard Nick Khan is the one doing these cuts... that's what is gonna happen when you put non wrestling guys there and they gotta answer to shareholders.
TK has no interest on moving dynamite to Monday to compete with his NFL team.

TK does understand wrestling. So the product will be fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Just came out that Adam Cole's contract ended last month and is on a handshake deal to finish up to Summerslam and evaluate from there.

Now THAT is a signing that AEW can use.
AEW and Adam Cole is a great pairing given what Adam Cole can do. He can have his redemption story after getting kicked out of Bullet Club... But I don't think he is going anywhere. He is a HHH and HBK guy in NXT.

But if Cole wants to leave. It's AEW
Old 08-02-2021, 03:15 PM   #2839

I don't think he's decided yet.. If he stays in NXT, his work there is already insanely stale. In a few months it'll be even moreso. HHH and HBK don't need him anymore, and I don't think he needs to be loyal to them if he wants to add to the legacy of his career. Also he'd get to be with his gf full time...

If he stays, he won't quite be at Ricochet level of geekdom, since at least they don't book him like a total loser. Just really boring and repetitive.

If he moves to the main roster, Vince will take one look at him and bury him 10 feet under.

Some people don't care about being great and doing great work, they just want to get a paycheck. I don't know if Cole is like that, but I doubt it... Tommy End and Andrade aren't like that, while Thea Trinidad is (Charlotte doesn't apply since obviously she's booked as a top star by them). Ricochet clearly is, Brawn StrowMan probably is too... we'll see I guess.

Also Ric Flair asked to be released from WWE as well, so that should be fun
Old 08-14-2021, 11:35 PM   #2840
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

Also Ric Flair asked to be released from WWE as well, so that should be fun

What a hell of a match between Kenny and Andrade.
and what a great match between Kenny and Christian the day before

the NJPW Resurgence show isn't a much watch, but some key things here

- Will Osprey returns, willing to challenge anyone, declares himself the real IWGP World Heavyweight Champion.

- Real Bullet Club vs Karl Anderson and Gallows

- Tanahashi will probably be in AEW for the rest of the summer
Old 08-15-2021, 03:47 PM   #2841

Wrestling in 2021 is FUCKING CRAZY

It's like the entire industry has been freed from tyrannical rule, and everyone is going extra hard to prove how good it can be. This is AMAZING.

And yes, the AAA show yesterday was... well I can't say great, but it kind of was. Total trainwreck but highly entertaining. Andrade had a much better match compared to his match with Sydal, but he still has to work on shedding that WWE lunkhead style. He's like 10/10 charisma before the match, but as soon as the bell rings he's a 3. He used to be a 10 all the way, so he can get there again. Ric Flair will certainly help.

BTW NXT is dead, and HHH, once seen as the future of WWE after Vince retires, is now irrelevant. Starting this week they will start introducing the new style and are pre-taping all shows. They are going to focus on young, tall non-wrestlers. Anyone under 6'0 or over 33 is probably not going to be around for long. Either moved to the main roster, or fired. I don't know if this policy applies to the women, but considering they just fired Mercedes Martinez, it might.
Old 08-20-2021, 07:08 PM   #2842
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,104 Times in 974 Posts
That pop when cm punks music hit!
Old 08-20-2021, 07:22 PM   #2843

I think we'll look back on this day as an important moment in history... This is such a big deal for pro wrestling fans.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-21-2021, 02:15 AM   #2844
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

goddamnit it TK, Bucks, Kenny, Cody

ya fucking nailed this.

ironic how the entertainment company let their two big guys have free reign over promo and Mr. Cena brings up references to CMPUNK, followed by Roman doin the same on teh same week Punk returns.

but yea. i popped, that was fucking cool
Old 08-21-2021, 10:53 AM   #2845
I STILL don't get it

crazy.

reminds me of this pop back in 2011..

wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 08:49 PM   #2846
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Not gonna lie CM Punk came long after i stopped watching wrestling but the pop he's gotten is impressive. From the videos Skinny posted it sounds like his stay in WWE was not a positive one lol. Either way it's great to see he's back to wrestling and not in an MMA cage lol

I'm gonna have to start setting AEW on my pvr and try to get back into it.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-21-2021, 10:24 PM   #2847
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
And just to show how out of the loop I am I guess every WWE "ppv" isn't on Sundays anymore lol, looks like WWE spent some cash and got Brock back. Just to confirm do I bother with WWE anymore or is it still the same old child friendly bullshit since the attitude era finished? I hate their product now but I have a soft spot for them if they decided to get back to what they once were.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 10:42 PM   #2848
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
AEW and CMPunk. What a reaction from the crowd. Stoked to watch AEW now.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 01:43 AM   #2849
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

CM PUNK turned some heads in the mainstream media so this is nothing but good news for AEW. TNT will put their marketing machine behind the signing now.

As for WWE... Summerslam today... why do u have to have becky squash a promising young talent

and Brock returned.. (likely Vince's break glass in case of emergency, and parked a few trucks of money in front of his yard)

Great look for brock tho.
Old 08-22-2021, 02:35 AM   #2850

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
And just to show how out of the loop I am I guess every WWE "ppv" isn't on Sundays anymore lol, looks like WWE spent some cash and got Brock back. Just to confirm do I bother with WWE anymore or is it still the same old child friendly bullshit since the attitude era finished? I hate their product now but I have a soft spot for them if they decided to get back to what they once were.
They managed to ruin Becky's feel good moment by squashing the one who had been carrying the division in her absence. Think about Bianca going from main eventing a night of WrestleMania, to losing to an Uranage in 6 seconds. She was their future star, their legit role model. And now she's a geek.

To make it worse, they already had a geek out there, and Becky beat her up anyway.. That could have been a 3 way, which they always do to move the belt without pinning the champion.

And now Brock is back, which, great, but his absence didn't seem much longer than usual. And he's back to feuding with Roman which was stale anyway.

Goldberg looked dangerously bad out there. He was so bad the crowd completely turned on him, and cheered a young kid getting beat up by Lashley their top heel. Brutal stuff, I'm just glad nobody got hurt. He almost spiked Lashley on his head with that top rope slam. And this feud must continue! My god. At least it'll likely be at the Saudi show so who cares

That show was pretty bad. Couple good matches, I liked Sheamus vs Punishment, I liked the women's 3 way (because I know they'd always treat Nikki like a geek, I'm not mad that they made her look so bad). RK Bro is funny.

The WWE main event formula of 10 minute of nearfalls nobody buys, then 7 minutes of a good match is so dull, especially when they do it two matches in a row.

AEW and Stardom make me so happy when I watch it. 2 hours goes by like nothing. Then I try to give WWE chance after chance, and it's just boring or really bad, with a few good things which you can't get into because you know it'll go bad eventually anyway.