REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-22-2021, 05:04 PM   #2851
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Becky return was good moment, but kinda of stupid how they made Bianca lose the title like that. Might as well just hand Becky the title back without the official match.

Lashley, I'm just tired of seeing this garbage as Champion. Boring as FUCK on screen.
Advertisement
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 05:41 PM   #2852
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Crowd popped big for Becky's return, but by the end of the segment they were already tired of her

Quite the contrast there
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 05:47 PM   #2853
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,104 Times in 974 Posts
I felt bad for Goldberg when fans started booing even though he started to botch early in the match. It's past his time to retire from in ring action, I just hope he doesnt seriously injure someone.
Old 08-22-2021, 08:53 PM   #2854
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Becky return was good moment, but kinda of stupid how they made Bianca lose the title like that. Might as well just hand Becky the title back without the official match.

Lashley, I'm just tired of seeing this garbage as Champion. Boring as FUCK on screen.
There's a whole bunch of speculation that Becky isn't quite ready to return and that Sasha being a huge antivaxxer and the supposed change in policy backstage and at live events lead to her being off the card.

It sounds like desperation on WWE's part, but yea the return sadly completely botched by terrible booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
I felt bad for Goldberg when fans started booing even though he started to botch early in the match. It's past his time to retire from in ring action, I just hope he doesnt seriously injure someone.
It's what happens when people have expectations for 2 move goldberg. And he can't even do em properly. Given the shitty finish, the story isn't over and this match will happen again in Saudi Arabia... along with Brock vs Roman for the i dunno how many number of times.

NJPW put up a GREAT match on youtube. In a somewhat passing of the torch
Nakamura Shinsuke vs Kazuchika Okada, G1 Final 24

Nakamura would go on to have a legendary IC Title Reign for NJPW and have his classic with AJ and well.. OKADA would go on to be.. the guy for NJPW

In other notes.. Fans boo'd the finish to Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Riely tonight hahaha
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 08:58 PM   #2855

That reaction to the Cole/O'Reilly match was weird. I don't know what those fans expected, they should know Cole is either going to the main roster or AEW after this match.

And based on the finish of him tapping out to a guy in handcuffs, I'd expect it to be AEW
Old 08-22-2021, 09:59 PM   #2856
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
My algorithm recently popped up with the debut of CM Punk on AEW, and wow the pop that he got was insane. It was so loud it droned out his theme song, which I found to be pretty impressive.

I haven't watched Wrestling in a LONG time, pretty much stopped after the attitude era on WWF/WWE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 04:18 AM   #2857

I'm trying to find the best way to describe AEW. It's kind of "everything good you remember about wrestling".. Basically it's what happens when a long time fan and expert happens to be a billionaire, so started doing wrestling the right way. Everything you loved about wrestling is there, and everything you hated is not there.

Now is the time to get back into it!
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2021, 10:33 AM   #2858
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
My algorithm recently popped up with the debut of CM Punk on AEW, and wow the pop that he got was insane. It was so loud it droned out his theme song, which I found to be pretty impressive.

I haven't watched Wrestling in a LONG time, pretty much stopped after the attitude era on WWF/WWE
I didn't know that u were a wrestling fan
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 07:28 PM   #2859
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Dirt sheets reporting Bryan Danielson.. or.. Daniel Bryan set to debut at AEW All Out
Old 09-01-2021, 03:35 AM   #2860
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

This title is cursed with COVID

All former champions have caught it. NJPW just can't catch a break

Old 09-05-2021, 07:49 PM   #2861

AEW All Out was an all time great PPV

I hope people who were curious to check out wrestling again get to watch it!
Old 09-05-2021, 09:15 PM   #2862
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

I took the morning to work from home to watch this
totally worth it

This coming Wednesday is going to be REAL exciting. Can't forget about Rampage on Friday when we get PAC vs Andrade. which I think given what we got today, it's fine those two are not on the PPV
Old 09-06-2021, 06:44 PM   #2863
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
AEW All Out was an all time great PPV

I hope people who were curious to check out wrestling again get to watch it!
I watched bits and pieces of the PPV, first one in a LONG time and did not disappoint.

CM Punk vs Darby Allin

And then the last couple of debuts which was pretty exciting, too bad WWE holds the rights to the names though.

EDIT: I'll have to watch the rest of it later
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2021, 06:54 PM   #2864

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
I watched bits and pieces of the PPV, first one in a LONG time and did not disappoint.

CM Punk vs Darby Allin

And then the last couple of debuts which was pretty exciting, too bad WWE holds the rights to the names though.

EDIT: I'll have to watch the rest of it later
The cage match was probably one of the best cage matches ever, and one of the best tag matches ever

I say that with no hyperbole whatsoever
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2021, 07:36 PM   #2865
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

My top 5 tag matches...

Bucks vs Golden Lovers
Bucks vs Hangman and Kenny Omega
Bucks vs Lucha Bros (cage match 2021)
Bucks vs Lucha bros (Ladder Match 2019)
Tanahashi and Will Osprey vs Kenny and Ibushi...

there's a trend here.. hahaah
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2021, 09:17 PM   #2866

Quote:
The cage match was probably one of the best cage matches ever, and one of the best tag matches ever

I say that with no hyperbole whatsoever
Lucha bros vs young bucks cage match was infuckingsane. What an awesome ppv, just blown away
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2021, 09:21 PM   #2867

I really think Rey Fenix is the best in the world right now, but I suppose it depends on what criteria you want to use. In ring, he's the best. For most complete I still go with Kenny or Tanahashi
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2021, 09:53 PM   #2868
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Kenny proved time and time again he can work and adapt to any wrestler.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:40 PM   #2869
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,104 Times in 974 Posts
Yesterdays episode of raw was one of the most boring I've seen.
Old 09-07-2021, 04:03 PM   #2870

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
Yesterdays episode of raw was one of the most boring I've seen.
I only watch WWE ppv's, I stopped watching raw and smackdown a long time ago, even now, some of the WWE PPV's are getting boring as well.

I've hopped onto the AEW train because they know how to put on a good show. It's only a matter of time before they start beating WWE in ratings
Old 09-07-2021, 04:35 PM   #2871

I would play Raw in the background while doing other stuff, and watch if there was a good match going on.. I stopped during the covid and thunderdome era but started again recently.. I almost never actually watch it, it's just so boring and the heel and face stuff makes no sense.

AEW I watch beginning to end without even looking at my phone, and the 2 hours just flies by.

WWE has the talent, they just don't know how to use them, or more accurately don't care. They don't want to feature wrestling, they want wrestling themed "moments" that get shared on social media. Guys like Reginald and Omos are the future of WWE. Athletic freaks, physical freaks, etc. even if they can't wrestle at all.

Kevin Owens has been hinting at leaving
Old 09-07-2021, 05:19 PM   #2872
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I watched the last couple AEW Dynamites, although both times after 2 hours the main event was still going and cut off so I had to extend it on the PVR for this week. Pretty surprised how many guys I remember that still wrestle lol. Definitely more interesting than what WWE is doing the last time I watched it.

Still trying to figure out some of these gimmicks, like the guy who keeps his hands in his pockets and taps his feet on the other guys legs lol... Pretty cool entrance music with The Pixies though
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2021, 05:48 PM   #2873

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I watched the last couple AEW Dynamites, although both times after 2 hours the main event was still going and cut off so I had to extend it on the PVR for this week. Pretty surprised how many guys I remember that still wrestle lol. Definitely more interesting than what WWE is doing the last time I watched it.

Still trying to figure out some of these gimmicks, like the guy who keeps his hands in his pockets and taps his feet on the other guys legs lol... Pretty cool entrance music with The Pixies though
That's Orange Cassidy, his gimmick is that he is incredibly lazy, and does the absolute bare minimum effort when he wrestles. Like he won't crawl through the ropes, he'll slowly lay down and roll underneath. And he can't be bothered to give a thumbs up, it just goes up halfway

Watch part of his debut match

He was MEGA MEGA over with the live audience, but kind of suffered through the covid era and hasn't really gotten the heat back.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2021, 09:20 PM   #2874
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:

Kevin Owens has been hinting at leaving
Dirt sheets are saying KO's contract is up in January. I wouldn't call it a lock that he be leaving, but like Adam Cole, He can join his friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post

Quote:
That's Orange Cassidy, his gimmick is that he is incredibly lazy, and does the absolute bare minimum effort when he wrestles. Like he won't crawl through the ropes, he'll slowly lay down and roll underneath. And he can't be bothered to give a thumbs up, it just goes up halfway
Orange Cassidy vs PAC vs Kenny Omega from Double or Nothing 2021 is a fantastic match that really shows off what Orange Cassidy is capable of as a wrestler with a gimmick.

AEW put up sort of BTS of all the debuts. You can feel the energy that they are just happy to be there.

Old 09-07-2021, 10:32 PM   #2875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
Dirt sheets are saying KO's contract is up in January. I wouldn't call it a lock that he be leaving, but like Adam Cole, He can join his friends.

Orange Cassidy vs PAC vs Kenny Omega from Double or Nothing 2021 is a fantastic match that really shows off what Orange Cassidy is capable of as a wrestler with a gimmick.

AEW put up sort of BTS of all the debuts. You can feel the energy that they are just happy to be there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgFeGjfUY3k
Yup not a lock but he's hinting at it on twitter.. But with workers you never know until it happens.

He is treated relatively well in WWE but still it's obviously not a good place to work
This post thanked by: