REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:07 PM   #2976
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,209 Times in 2,287 Posts
He had a fall, complications after hip surgury, 3 heart attacks later

its sad, the guy influenced many things we see in wrestling today.
Advertisement
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 07:42 PM   #2977
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

what a great dynamite

aew really putting hte rocket on a few of the young guys now

Old 03-17-2022, 08:09 PM   #2978
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,014 Times in 8,292 Posts
This faction Regal is starting is already the best thing in all of wrestling
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 04:45 PM   #2979

Details of the last days of Scott Hall's life makes it even more tragic

From WON

Quote:
"His closest friends knew this was coming, but it probably made it worse because there was nothing they could do about it. Sean Waltman noted that he called Hall a month ago to come out to stay with him because Hall had been deteriorating for the past two years due to drinking.

“The pandemic did him in,” said Waltman. “It was hard enough for him as it was, but he was isolated in his house with no social interaction. He was down to 210 pounds. We called Dally (Dallas Page) and he went over. It was really bad..”

When Hall fell and broke his hip, he was unable to move and was laying on the ground, unable to get to the phone. He laid there for a few days before friends told Page to check on him since they couldn’t get in contact with him. Page found him and got him to the hospital."
Old 03-26-2022, 09:05 AM   #2980
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

so did stardom announce when this weekends ppv will be on stardom world
i'd like to watch this
Old 03-26-2022, 09:13 AM   #2981

They never officially announce when they go up, but most likely right after the PPV VODs expire, which is March 29/30.

Today's show was really good.. Main and semi main were awesome, tag championship match was great, and KAIRI IS BACK OMG

Also don't skip Saya Iida vs MIRAI which was basically like an Ishii match (Iida's hero)
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2022, 08:50 AM   #2982
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,339 Times in 587 Posts
Wrestlemania Night 1 was quite good in my books. Austin glass shatter never gets old, awesome to see him open up a can of whoop ass after 19 years later. Cody Rhodes, excited to see what he does in his return. Undertake HOF, gives me chills of how much respect he has earned from his peers and fans, for what he has accomplished in his career.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:21 AM   #2983
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Let just say, I watched way too much wrestling over the last 5 days.

Wheeler Yuta

This man is fantastic. He's being given all the right opportunities and now he is a champion. He's gonna join that Regal/Danielson/Moxley stable. maybe this wednesday?

ROH

Briscoes vs FTR. This one has been building up for a few months now. Great tag team wrestling match. A refreshing change from the gogogogo spotfest that are a Young Bucks match. Now we get FTR vs Bucks 2 on Dynamite for two sets of titles. Im gonna say it, let FTR be the first two time tag champs.

Now if only WarnerMedia says okay to TK to bring in the Briscoes. AEW has the deepest and best tag division in all of wrestling hands down.

Samoa Joe is ALL ELITE.
Glad to see Jay Lethal doin something

NXT

wtf why did Ziggler win? Don't fuck up the Stiener kid please. I see great potential here

WWE

Undertaker can go on tour and be a motivational speaker... hahahha that was a hell of a speech.

Night1

ADRENLINE
IN MY SOUL
HERE COMES CODY RHODES
Great match, didn't need to work the wwe style, and seth can do anything.
Monday Night with Cody on the mic gonna be great

god that was awesome.

Austin. Austin and AUSTIN. KO is the perfect guy to give Austin the match. Its likely his last.

Bianca is gonna be a great champion.
FUCK RONDA ROUSEY. glad she jobbed to charlotte. lolol
Logan Paul looks like a better wrestler than Dominik. That heel heat when he did the three amigos omg.

Night 2

Sami vs Knoxville was fun. Michael Cole and Pat McAfee enjoyed themselves here.
AJ vs Edge. good stuff here
AUSTIN McMahon stuff really brings back childhood memories. Pat McAfee is great.
Loved the stunner sold by Austin Theory

Brock vs Roman is the same old shit, but this is how u present two big men in a match like this. the Crowd helps.

Cody should go over roman ahah..

and.. there is no one that can generate a pop like Austin.
Old 04-04-2022, 06:20 AM   #2984

I watched both days of WrestleMania, plus a Stardom PPV, and the FTR vs Briscoes match.

Wrestlemania day 1, the first half felt like a regular episode of Smackdown, but with a large audience. But once Bianca and Becky made their entrances, the show got a lot better. They had IMO the best match of both shows, and the crowd was really into it, and super hot for the rest of the show.

Cody came across like a megastar, and had a good match with Seth. It was a very WrestleMania style match which I'm not a huge fan of anymore, but the crowd got super into it

Logan Paul was definitely the 2nd best wrestler in that match. Better than Dom and of course better than Miz. It was embarrassing seeing them try to turn him babyface by having Miz attack him, but all it did was make Miz look like a babyface. The Paul brothers can not be babyfaces. EVER. In ANYTHING THEY DO. Everyone hates them, and will forever.

The Ronda vs Charlotte match came across super rehearsed, and it was not very good, and the crowd hated it.

And of course what can you say about Austin's retirement match after how many years? He definitely moves worse than Sting, but still he was bumping all over the place and doing suplexes and it was awesome. It was a great finish to the first show, and made it feel like the entire event was really good, although only about 1 hour out of the 4 was any good.

As for day 2, no hours out of the 4 were any good. It really was a dull, regular old WWE PPV with a big audience. The ONLY good parts were the HHH farewell, and the main event was fine.

Briscoes vs FTR was a 5 star match, and probably the MOTY top runner for now. This was actually my first time watching a Briscoes match, and I was blown away by how good they were.

The Stardom show was round 1 of the Cinderella tournament, with 10 minute time limit matches which can be won by pinfall, submission, or over the top rope. There were 16 matches on the card, and they were all good to great with a few exceptions with some rookies and a comedy match. They introduced a new wrestler, and she is AWESOME with power moves like a POUNCE and does British Bulldog's RUNNING POWER SLAM. She's the first of 3 members of Syuri's new unit, GOD'S EYE and they will be feuding with her old unit DDM for a while. In fact their whole side of the bracket has interesting matchups!
Old 04-04-2022, 07:30 AM   #2985

WM Night 2 was quite terrible. The main event was brutal. Tired of seeing RR win, they need to change it up with another championship holder. Same shit on a different day, RR is boring as heck now continuing to watch him be champion.
Old 04-04-2022, 11:31 AM   #2986
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
WM Night 2 was quite terrible. The main event was brutal. Tired of seeing RR win, they need to change it up with another championship holder. Same shit on a different day, RR is boring as heck now continuing to watch him be champion.
ADRENLINE
IN MY SOUL
ROMAN FALLS TO
CODY RHODES

WWE live up to all this hype... considering all the interviews cody gives.

They say Roman might have torn a muscle from the kimura leading to that flat finish. either way, its 5 stars to the crowd, they were really into it and that noise definitely helps.

I love stone cold. He has said, being able to do his schtick with his own beer is the cherry on top and I'm happy for the guy.

Ronda is a cunt...now im not sure if Bryan Alverez is just pulling rumors out of his ass about her not happy with not closing night 1, but it definitely sounds like something she will say.

You really have to be tone deaf to think you are going to top a Stone Cold "main event" in the WWE
Old 04-04-2022, 12:14 PM   #2987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
ADRENLINE
IN MY SOUL
ROMAN FALLS TO
CODY RHODES

WWE live up to all this hype... considering all the interviews cody gives.

They say Roman might have torn a muscle from the kimura leading to that flat finish. either way, its 5 stars to the crowd, they were really into it and that noise definitely helps.

I love stone cold. He has said, being able to do his schtick with his own beer is the cherry on top and I'm happy for the guy.

Ronda is a cunt...now im not sure if Bryan Alverez is just pulling rumors out of his ass about her not happy with not closing night 1, but it definitely sounds like something she will say.

You really have to be tone deaf to think you are going to top a Stone Cold "main event" in the WWE
The stunner on McMahon was brutal LOL. Great to see Austin back in the ring to bring some excitement.
Old 04-04-2022, 02:55 PM   #2988

Thanked 3,305 Times in 1,254 Posts
I don't watch WWE anymore but I'll always tune in for Stone Cold. The pop be still gets is fucking crazy lol

Last edited by MarkyMark; 04-04-2022 at 07:31 PM.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 07:03 PM   #2989

FTR vs Briscoes
FTR vs Young Bucks
Jon Moxley vs Wheeler Yuta

3 MOTY contenders within 1 week!
Old 04-08-2022, 09:28 PM   #2990
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

BAH GAWD.
If Brock would sell for Mox, like how Mox sold for yuta, Mox would have found more success in WWe.

i fucking loved this match so so much.
FTR vs Bucks, there's room for more from these two, but 5star for a TV match for sure haha
Old 04-11-2022, 10:32 PM   #2991
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

its too bad this match is gonna be in a tiny ass venue with njpw super low budget tv crew
Old 04-13-2022, 05:54 PM   #2992

WHAT A TIME TO BE A PRO WRESTLING FAN!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2022, 09:51 PM   #2993
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

got a very nice treat with CM PUNK vs PENTA, that blew my expectations
but wow
JOE vs SUZUKI...

Joe's chest as red as his shorts hahah

i now wait for FTR to take the tag belts off jungle express.
FTR is totally the best damn thing in all of pro wrestling.

While AEW didn't get a TV deal in Japan, they are now part of NJPWworld with Japanese commentary AND Wrestle Universe(matches featuring TJPW and DDT Talent only)
The Japanese ABSOLUTELY loved the bucks vs ftr match.
Old 04-20-2022, 04:47 PM   #2994

Old 04-20-2022, 07:05 PM   #2995
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

I hope we get Yano vs Colt Cabana hahahahha
but for real.

Tanahashi vs Moxley in May,
Ishii vs Eddie Kingston in May
Suzuki vs Brody King in May,

Adam Cole vs Ishii this friday..
Suzuki on dark next week.

SO MANY DREAM MATCHES
Old 05-03-2022, 09:21 PM   #2996
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Bullet Club 4 4 4 4 LIFE

haha
Old 05-30-2022, 04:54 AM   #2997
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

damn AEW turns a lackluster build into a very very good show
Old 05-30-2022, 05:59 AM   #2998

Double or Nothing had a lot of great matches, but also 3-4 bad to mediocre ones.. Overall a good show, but not top to bottom great like the last few have been

Hardys need to retire NOW. Bucks worked their asses off to get a watchable match, but man it's sad seeing them, especially Jeff who is definitely still not "well" after walking out on that house show match.

Stardom's PPV on Saturday was great top to bottom, though the main wasn't so great if you're not into heel beatdowns. Syuri's comeback was fantastic though
Old 06-01-2022, 09:16 PM   #2999
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

this fucking guy lol
Old 06-01-2022, 09:22 PM   #3000

It was so funny following that story, going all the way back to when he did that TSN interview without permission

Great promo! Excited to see where it goes

Also how about Tanahashi coming out on Dynamite!