REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-20-2022, 09:58 PM   #3101
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Looks like you're becoming a fan of Stardom! That's awesome. You should check out most of the 5 Star GP if you haven't yet.. I posted some ratings before in another forum, and I can dig them up if you're looking for recommendations

I didn't get to see the main event yet since I had to make dinner.. I'm not really into that belt, but I am really looking forward to Kairi vs Mayu

Full Gear was fucking great! The return of The Elite was an all time moment, and then the crowd started chanting Fuck CM Punk lol

Best of 7 with those trios is pretty insane, but we all know it'll be amazing

Looks like AEW is ready to turn things around after a really rough year
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 12:49 AM   #3102
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
i've seen bits and pieces of the 5star GP and its very clear to me that Stardom is on another level when it comes to women's wrestling.

Im familiar with SLK and Guilia. Same with Cosmic Angels.

I'll try to catch the Stardom show at Korakuen on Jan6th.

Hopefully im not completely burned out by wrestle kingdom. there's already 7 matches on the card, Tanahashi and Naito don't have matches yet.
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2022, 08:22 PM   #3103
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
only dreaming, but now that Nakamura gets to do the NOAH show... why not have Nakamura go celebrate 50years of NJPW for a match with Tanahashi at WK...

I think if they announce this in the next two weeks or so, i'll just jump at them. International tickets are available now too so easier to get instead of going thru a service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
NJPW won't work with WWE, no way. I don't even know if Anderson will be able to go there to drop his title. Maybe he retires and does a quick stop for a goodbye there before retiring for good.
Great O'Khan threw out a "challenge" to Nakamura yesterday for the Tokyo Dome...
Old 11-21-2022, 08:44 PM   #3104

Sounds like Nakamura's WWE contract might be ending then, or they are way different under Stephanie and Nick Khan. They wouldn't let Kairi do the Stardom anniversary show or even the Hana Kimura memorial show

Or it's quite likely that G-O-K went into business for himself
Old 11-21-2022, 08:48 PM   #3105
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Sounds like Nakamura's WWE contract might be ending then, or they are way different under Stephanie and Nick Khan. They wouldn't let Kairi do the Stardom anniversary show or even the Hana Kimura memorial show

Or it's quite likely that G-O-K went into business for himself
i woudln't rule out the latter haha, but that guy has been such a great rep for njpw

someone on reddit suggested that... since the GOK promo mentions muta. i wouldn't rule out keiji mutoh tagging wtih nakamura, throw in tanahashi and shibata and you got the team representing inoki for the show

and it was great muta's last match in njpw, not keiji mutoh haha
Old 11-21-2022, 08:53 PM   #3106

Oh Mutoh's last match is with NOAH in Tokyo Dome in Feb, he could be referring to that show. He's been feuding with Mutoh already
Old 11-21-2022, 09:23 PM   #3107
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

could be!
Old 12-15-2022, 03:30 AM   #3108
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Tony Khan bought the rights to the NBA on NBC theme song and it just opened Dynamite HAHAHHA
Old 12-15-2022, 02:13 PM   #3109

Yup, theme song for the best of 7 Trios title series LOL

Which btw has been fucking AWESOME

Seems like AEW is "back" to being good after a pretty rough year at times
Old 01-01-2023, 07:47 AM   #3110
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Shinsuke Nakamura is such a fucking rockstar.

Paid the 900yen for the wrestle universe sub...
NJPW and TV Asahi gotta get their shit together for the broadcast and service, and also the presentation of the big events. Every entrance feels special !
Old 01-08-2023, 02:25 PM   #3111
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts

I haven't been following Wrestling in any form for a while now, I saw this pop up on my algorithm. I was blown away at the entrance theme
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2023, 06:15 PM   #3112

I was blown away by the match! Practically in tears, and you know they were holding back in many ways
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2023, 12:40 AM   #3113
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Reports wwe has been sold to Saudi arabias investment fund.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:00 AM   #3114

Yup looks like it's about to go down (but hasn't yet as of now, and will probably take a while to go through)

My theory is there was never going to be a bidding war or anything like that. This was all planned since pretty much the moment Vince was forced to retire. If he just wanted to sell the company, they could sell it to anyone.

Nope, his goal is to get full power of the company back, and that meant striking a deal with the Saudis. Work the sale with them, and then as legally as possible take control of the company, sell it to them, and get rid of anyone who has any power that he doesn't want to have any power.

They will have to go through the motions and it'll take a while, but I am 100% sure this will go down this way. Stephanie already resigned today, AND left the board.
Old 01-15-2023, 12:57 PM   #3115
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
https://youtu.be/E_WNaso8A_w

I haven't been following Wrestling in any form for a while now, I saw this pop up on my algorithm. I was blown away at the entrance theme
The crowd was HOT for this, especially when the song itself is so iconic. Crowd was very very loud for his entrance. Kenny is really missed in Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Reports wwe has been sold to Saudi arabias investment fund.
Quote:
Yup looks like it's about to go down (but hasn't yet as of now, and will probably take a while to go through)

My theory is there was never going to be a bidding war or anything like that. This was all planned since pretty much the moment Vince was forced to retire. If he just wanted to sell the company, they could sell it to anyone.

Nope, his goal is to get full power of the company back, and that meant striking a deal with the Saudis. Work the sale with them, and then as legally as possible take control of the company, sell it to them, and get rid of anyone who has any power that he doesn't want to have any power.

They will have to go through the motions and it'll take a while, but I am 100% sure this will go down this way. Stephanie already resigned today, AND left the board.
I hope whoever wwe ends up selling to will respect that back catalogue of footage and make it even more available.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2023, 01:44 PM   #3116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
The crowd was HOT for this, especially when the song itself is so iconic. Crowd was very very loud for his entrance. Kenny is really missed in Japan.

I hope whoever wwe ends up selling to will respect that back catalogue of footage and make it even more available.
99% sure it'll be the Saudis, I don't think the back catalog will be any more or less better off than it is now. I think Vince might have actually attempted to rush the sale which is why the rumor came out that night
Old 01-15-2023, 09:09 PM   #3117
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
99% sure it'll be the Saudis, I don't think the back catalog will be any more or less better off than it is now. I think Vince might have actually attempted to rush the sale which is why the rumor came out that night
not so much what the catalogue is now, but all the territories footage that the E has acquired over the years is something special.

anyway, an article i saw on twitter on my flight to WK17. Really great long form interview with Kenny Omega. Dude is very humble and some of the things he has done over there reminds me of a few friends here that I know, who are not of chinese dissent but take time to learn the language and culture etc.

https://monthlypuroresu.com/features...h-kenny-omega/
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2023, 04:41 PM   #3118

RIP

Old 01-18-2023, 02:08 AM   #3119
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

very tragic news
Quite enjoyed the Briscos work.
Old 02-12-2023, 08:34 PM   #3120
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

A solid US card for NJPW... headlined by Okada vs Tanahashi

Kickoff Match 1: JR Kratos vs Alex Coughlin
Kickoff Match 2: Bobby Fish vs David Finlay
1st Match: Volador Jr., Kevin Knight, KUSHIDA & The DKC vs Rocky Romero, Josh Alexander, Adrian Quest & Mascara Dorada
2nd Match: STRONG Openweight Championship: Fred Rosser vs KENTA
3rd Match: STRONG Openweight Tag Team Championships: Motor City Machineguns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) vs West Coast Wrecking Crew (Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs)
4th Match: Eddie Kingston vs Jay White
5th Match: Filthy Rules Fight- Tom Lawlor vs Homicide
6th Match: NJPW World TV Championship- Zack Sabre Jr. vs Clark Connors
Double Main Event I: IWGP Women’s Championship- KAIRI vs Mercedes Moné
Double Main event II: IWGP World Heavyweight Championship- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kazuchika Okada

The match between Eddie Kingston vs Jay White should be an interesting one to way, all signs lead to Jay White leaving NJPW as a whole and not just Japan, however, this mad man has really done everything in NJPW. If he is done, I expect HHH to throw a truck of money to him, after all somoene's gotta be the top heel in wwe and this guy can definitely fill the role.
Old 02-12-2023, 08:47 PM   #3121

Yeah I'll probably watch it.. Top 5 matches look really good

Both AEW and WWE should go after Jay. I think AEW could use another top heel, but on the other hand their roster seems so bloated with similar types of guys. With WWE you have to assume they would drop the ball like they always do, but they are doing really good job with Cody and Sami Zayn so I dunno
Old 02-17-2023, 12:21 AM   #3122
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

official now.
Jay leaves NJPW if Eddie beats him
Eddie can't wrestle for NJPW without Jay's permission if Jay wins

liklihood of Jay White losing, 90% LOL
Old 02-17-2023, 12:30 AM   #3123

So he already lost the "loser leaves Japan" and now he's doing "Loser leaves NJPW"? Way to get two matches out of it
Old 03-05-2023, 02:25 AM   #3124
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

loving the njpwworld tv belt matches... 15minutes and will be free for everyone to watch on youtube
Zack Sabre Jr. is definitely the right guy to hold this.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DI6FJUzHdCw&si
Old 03-05-2023, 11:59 PM   #3125

So AEW just had one of the best American wrestling PPVs in history today. Don't miss it!