REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 12-12-2009, 02:31 AM   #76
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
what's it like to party in saigon? what type of music do they listen to there?

are there local clubs vs foreigner clubs?

how much do you usually spend during a crazy night out at the clubs?

are the chicks hot? are they slutty? (serious question) hah.

i only really go travel to party, shop and eat now, i don't really care about the scenery. unless it's something really special, like one of the wonders of the world.

saigon has a crazy nightlife, top 3 in asia for sure

shadow @parkson, gossip, and velvet are super cool discotheques.
foreigners tend to go to i love hip hop saturdays at bounce @parkson or lush on ly tu trong, but check out the discos man, there aren't any good hip hop djs in nam.

you step in and there's like 2 people ushering you to your table. i usually get 2 belvederes, fruit platters, and a buncha red bull.. and that's where they get you, the mixers.. each bottle's about 80USD and the bill's roughly 6million dong=330USD, not bad

if the PR girls entertain you at your table, best slip em a 500.000vnd. same with your servers, 50.000vnd does it. tip the security guard too and he'll keep an extra eye on your table, keep dancing goofs from bumping into your table.

i find shadow and gossip have the hottest girls, gossip being almost quadruple the size of shadow, but shadow's girls are more fine.

but if you're into slutty hot girls, you should go to apocalypse now or vascos lol i've only been once. bear in mind that the crowd is a buncha old fuckers and a buncha wild viet girls trying to be foreigners

be very careful of who you choose to talk to,

you know how to tell the difference between a hooker and reg. girl?

the hookers are the ones looking at you HAHAHA
Advertisement
boss_clad is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2009, 03:40 AM   #77
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss_clad View Post
you know how to tell the difference between a hooker and reg. girl?

the hookers are the ones looking at you HAHAHA
wow i totally have to keep that in mind, you sir have been thanked
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:59 AM   #78
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
LOLOLOL that's a good one man.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:14 AM   #79
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Jesus christ I didn't know so many girls were hookers!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #80
Need to Seek Professional Help

Boss are shadow, gossip, and Velvet like #1 Club in Nha Trang?

What is the name of the Disco beside Jaspers? To get in you have to walk up a flight of stairs?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #81

Quote:
if the PR girls entertain you at your table, best slip em a 500.000vnd. same with your servers, 50.000vnd does it. tip the security guard too and he'll keep an extra eye on your table, keep dancing goofs from bumping into your table.
You truely are "Boss" haha. I find if someone does a really good job or if I am going somewhere only once then 500,000 might be worth it, however being a regular in some discos in Da Nang, tipping 100,000 or 500,000 doesnt make a difference in terms of service.

In a lot of places I have found the more you flash the more you get these girls hanging around the table only when the bill comes and your wallet is out.

Good point about the bouncers/security, always worth it to tip them as they will actually help you out if something happens.

Remember to tip the bathroom people too. They actually provide a service in most places.

Apoc is the biggest piece of shit in HCMC along with that entire backpacker area. Just a bunch of auzzies, English, etc. acting like jackasses with very few worth while girls who arent hookers.

If your really looking for slutty girls go to the pool bars. Smileys, 35, 91. Absolute Filth.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #82

So is that what Vietnam is all about for most people? Slutty girls and cheap booze?
Old 12-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Boss are shadow, gossip, and Velvet like #1 Club in Nha Trang?

What is the name of the Disco beside Jaspers? To get in you have to walk up a flight of stairs?
like i said, #1 is a sleazeball hangout..just like apocalypse n shit.
shadow has hands down the best music. a lot of celebrities and models go there.
gossip has a really good atmosphere all around.
velvet is a higher class club, don't go in there just for beers.

i think the club you're talkin bout is "blue"

Quote:
You truely are "Boss" haha. I find if someone does a really good job or if I am going somewhere only once then 500,000 might be worth it, however being a regular in some discos in Da Nang, tipping 100,000 or 500,000 doesnt make a difference in terms of service.

In a lot of places I have found the more you flash the more you get these girls hanging around the table only when the bill comes and your wallet is out.

Good point about the bouncers/security, always worth it to tip them as they will actually help you out if something happens.

Remember to tip the bathroom people too. They actually provide a service in most places.

Apoc is the biggest piece of shit in HCMC along with that entire backpacker area. Just a bunch of auzzies, English, etc. acting like jackasses with very few worth while girls who arent hookers.

If your really looking for slutty girls go to the pool bars. Smileys, 35, 91. Absolute Filth.

the PR girls usually take care of their whole family, and i think of it as giving back to the community haha

smileys is awesome. good cheap fun, that's all i can say. you play pool with them, and whoever wins, the other person has to strip. good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
So is that what Vietnam is all about for most people? Slutty girls and cheap booze?

hey man, you ask a question, you get an answer.

this thread's bout vacationing in nam, and when you go to saigon, it's a clubber's haven.

Last edited by boss_clad; 12-13-2009 at 01:36 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2009, 01:56 AM   #84

eww
Old 12-14-2009, 05:58 AM   #85
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
nope, never did either when I was there. But for most chinese/japanese/taiwanese/white pedophiles it's a sex playground.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:00 AM   #86

eww
Old 12-14-2009, 07:07 AM   #87
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
haha funny story about apocalypse now
first day back which was like 2 weeks ago me and my friend went there, we were having drinks, meeting new people and then we met these 2 aussies that werent very friendly, said vietnamese were crazy and laughed, and they started pushing my friend around thinking he wouldnt do nothing my friend snapped and gave them bottle service and so we beat the shit out of them and got kicked out, as we were being dragged out by security the crowd cheered and then we went back to the hotel, got changed and came back again cuz they were the only joint open past 2am, good times
best club so far has to be gossip
worst apoc and ozone (now known as saigon face or someshit)
decent club se7en, lush and shadow

in hue now.. going back to saigon in a few days
2 n r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #88

^ Nice... Out of all the places I have been Apoc seems to be the worst for this. Expat/Backpack dickheads thinking they are the shit.

Diktionary, are you flying out from Hue or will you make it back down to Da Nang or Hoi An?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #89

^already went to da nang and hoi an buddy, gonna fly out of here at the end of the week. this place gets pretty boring after a few days.. r u coming back to saigon? i will be in vietnam til early jan.

btw for future visitors, unless u take precautions (and by that i mean buying meds, only eating at fancy restaurants and possibly home cooked meals) u will, without fail, get diarhea.

also club tip: when its time to get the bill, make sure it is paid to one of the managers or someone that IS NOT THE WAITER/SERVER.

this one time at ozone, my friend had taken care of the bill, and as we were leaving the workers there stopped us and said we didnt pay, we were like "we did pay" and they asked who? my friend being slightly buzzed said "the short waiter guy" but couldnt point out who cuz he didnt remember the guys face. we insisted that we paid, well they wouldnt have it so we almost got into a fight with the bouncers cuz my friend ended up throwing wads of money in their face and so i paid the bill again cuz they were gonna kick his ass. these bouncers were surprisingly pretty big dudes.

and i hear that sometimes when ppl get the bill, the waiters will pocket it before recounting it and tell u its short
thats why even tho everyone bitches about vancouver club scene, i still prefer it over this shady shit. and i hate vietnamese money. the plastic material makes it so fucken hard to count. and in the dark club light it's hard to tell the difference btwn 20,000 and 500,000. and u know what? its actually pretty uncomfortable having the servers light up ur cigarette. like the moment u reach for ur cigarette they'll have their hand out and lighter ready

so unless ur with some locals or regulars at the clubs, be cautious

Last edited by 2 n r; 12-14-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #90

i guess i cant blame the ppl here entirely for being shady tho. the ppl that work in cafes n bars make like what.. 100bucks a month? boss_clad can u confirm? :P
Old 12-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #91

Not sure if I will be back to saigon, however I may be in Nha Trang for New Years. I find Hue and Hoi An very boring and will only spend a maximum of 1 day at either place.

100 bucks is probably too much. Salary anyways. The real money and benefits come from tips, presents etc.

I know a bunch of old guys that buy motorbikes(mopeds), jewlery, air tickets, etc. for these bar girls. Not to mention the money they are supplying each month.

But when they are getting 10 - 20gs a month(net) I dont think they really care. Especially since so many of the guys doing it have been divorced and are living in vietnam or asia permanently and have no financial obligations back home. Most will have revenue coming from thier home country as well.

Another classic in terms of shadyness is when the servers will pour your bottle into a random cup and make it look like water. Speeds up the pace in which you drink that bottle so you buy more and also you dont get as drunk so you can drink and spend more.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:20 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by diktionary View Post
i guess i cant blame the ppl here entirely for being shady tho. the ppl that work in cafes n bars make like what.. 100bucks a month? boss_clad can u confirm? :P

not even, it's usually 80USD(1.500.000).. but like scottsman said, they get good benefits.
PR girls in nha trang have a 900.000 salary(50USD), but they reel in over 10.000.000+ in tips plus gifts and shit.

there's a lot of good honest people here, i've seen my fair share, but don't let a few rotten apples give you a general perspective.

Quote:

I know a bunch of old guys that buy motorbikes(mopeds), jewlery, air tickets, etc. for these bar girls. Not to mention the money they are supplying each month.

But when they are getting 10 - 20gs a month(net) I dont think they really care. Especially since so many of the guys doing it have been divorced and are living in vietnam or asia permanently and have no financial obligations back home. Most will have revenue coming from thier home country as well.

i don't know which i hate more, the sight of a cute viet chick with an old guy, or a hot tall viet chick with a real goofy looking vietnamese midget
Old 12-15-2009, 06:12 AM   #93
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
i never experienced club life in vietnam as i was told not to go out late at night cause it was shady as fuck and u could get kidnapped or osme shit lol dam i wanna go though, prob hit it up next year when i go with a bunch of friends and not family
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:34 AM   #94
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Anything else to do in nha trang besides vinpearl cable ride, the beach,and the4 islands tour trip? I been here for 4 days getting quite bored now
Posted via RS Mobile
cecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:58 AM   #95

lol consider urself fortunate ur not in the boonies like i am
but seriously depending what ur into, nha trang isnt meant for long stays anyway
i find 3 days to be good enough then bounce it to a different city
Old 12-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
i never experienced club life in vietnam as i was told not to go out late at night cause it was shady as fuck and u could get kidnapped or osme shit lol dam i wanna go though, prob hit it up next year when i go with a bunch of friends and not family
lol typical parent propaganda.. but they're right, the wild people come out at night for all sorts of reasons, anywhere in the world.

i know people who have been to vietnam within the last 4 years can attest that vietnam is the safest destination in south east asia. just mind your own business and you should be ok.

pm me if you guys stop by nha trang, i'll hook up your lot with great deals @ diamond bay, hit up a club or 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by diktionary View Post
lol consider urself fortunate ur not in the boonies like i am
but seriously depending what ur into, nha trang isnt meant for long stays anyway
i find 3 days to be good enough then bounce it to a different city
tell me about it, i work here with many friends and even i find it pretty boring

pretty much if you're 35+, you'll love nha trang and it's chill pace of life, but us young guns need to be in the metropolis

which boonies you talking about?
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #97

im in hue but not the city.. the village.. where all the shops close by 7pm and there are no street lights and nothing to do except drink coffee. the only thing keeping me going is that theres internet!
Old 12-18-2009, 02:30 AM   #98

go and chill at the hotspring and mud baths in Nha Trang.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:02 AM   #99
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

You gotta visit the casino in saigon!
everything is so advanced they dont even use cards at the table instead they have pictured screens of the cards and shuffle with a press of a button!
TynMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:11 AM   #100

Which Casino? At Sheraton?

So far all the casinos I have seen in Vietnam have been shit for exactly that reason, they are all electronic. Not to mention the selection of games are lacking.

Another problem with the casinos is that they only let foreign passport holders enter.

Boss,

How far away is Diamond Bay Resort from the "city center" of Nha Trang?