REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-13-2015, 06:19 AM   #251
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanks!

If you're around and free, we'll be in nha trang Jan 14-17. We owe you some drinks for the advice!
Advertisement
sil-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:16 AM   #252
Need to Seek Professional Help

will hit you up on PM. Internet is shit in Vietnam at the moment so can contact on my cell.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:41 AM   #253
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Lol got to nha trang at noon and so far it's been good. People here are nice and out going
I had food poisoning yesterday so I spent the today resting in the hotel room. But my friends went out to the beaches after lunch. And while out there they met some local guy. Dude jus sat down n chatted. Then he said he got some pretty nieces and took my buddy's number. When they got back to the hotel the Dudes niece called and we ended up having dinner and drinks with her and her friends .
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:52 AM   #254
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Ladies night at Lush will be the most busy.

Chill Skybar is always good.
Went to HCMC in December, Chill skybar has amazing views but drinks are pricey. Cocktails are around $15usd each.

91cord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:49 PM   #255
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

currently in hai phong right now. what's good?
i went to kara oke last night at number 9 with friends they didnt have much english songs LOL

btw skybar has happy hour from 530-8 so drinks and appies are half price

Last edited by guurl; 01-15-2015 at 03:25 AM.
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:11 AM   #256

Any recommendations on where to catch ufc in ha long?
Edit nm fox 2 plays it

Been in Vietnam for a month haven't seen seen anything rowdy go down. Earlier two motorcycles collided, guy got up and sucker punched the other guy and jus drove off while a crowd gathered.
And two weeks ago my buddy saw a tourist white girl get her bag snatch in Saigon district 1 by the market.

Last edited by Fafine; 01-30-2015 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:52 PM   #257
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
going to VN in july, anyone else?? also looking to volunteer at an orphanage/temples, someone steer me in the right direction!!

TIA
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:27 AM   #258
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
I don't know if you're going to Hue but I went to an orphanage/temple there.
It was a great experience. We brought the kids some milk and food. My wife and her sisters cooked and prepped them lunch. The kids were so adorable, will make u wanna go brangilina and adopt u some lol. Let me know if u will be in that area, I'll get u the addy
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:04 AM   #259
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo View Post
going to VN in july, anyone else?? also looking to volunteer at an orphanage/temples, someone steer me in the right direction!!

TIA
You should check out some of Kyle Le's videos on YouTube. Here is a few of them you might be interested in.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:19 AM   #260
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Anyone around hcmc in may24-30? I'm heading there if anyone wanna grab a drink
cecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:44 PM   #261
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

how is the Pho noodles there compared to Vancouver?
Jtseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:12 AM   #262

Depending on where you eating, Pho is street food really, actual restaurants are better
Old 05-04-2015, 09:07 AM   #263
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,340 Times in 969 Posts
street food pho is very different. it's preference based but overall, when i was in Hoinoi, when you sit on the street, pho is not as fully developed as ours in vancouver.

Think about it, it's street food and not a lot of the hawkers spend so much time on making an awesome broth. It's just a cheap bowl of noodle soup. Bland and bland, it's very local back alley cheap bowl of pho.

Of course there are some epic hawkers but I wanted to try what the locals normally try.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2015, 08:06 AM   #264
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

pho noodles here are quite different. they are nothing compared to what you get over in vancouver. im currently in hai phong, and i've had pho at two different locations and once at home. the noodles are softer.

i've never had pho noodles like this in van.
heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:36 AM   #265

You guys have seriously no idea what you are talking about or when you were in Vietnam you ate in some shitty places.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:34 PM   #266
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^I agree. Even my mom's pho doesn't compare to the pho made in Vietnam.
Arirang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:09 PM   #267

Anyone in hanoi atm ? meet up and chat with dinner with my two friends that wanna practice their English haha
Old 08-10-2015, 08:10 PM   #268
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Going for 3 weeks in Nov/Dec. Once I get my itinerary figured out, would it be easier/cheaper to book accommodations in advance or just go to hotels on the day of?
raysquared is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
G
Old 09-07-2015, 01:49 PM   #269
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 2,284 Times in 186 Posts
Hi,

I will be in Vietnam in mid Oct to mid Nov to backpack from north to south.

1 )How would I go about converting my CAD? Do it here from CAD->VND is the most cost effective?

2) There are some cool opportunities to motorbike/scooter in Dalat and Sapa...I am concerned though as I have never done either before (does mountain biking count? lol). How safe is it in these areas? I definitely won't be doing it in the city or from city to city..

3) any useful equipment/swag I could get from Vietnam seeing as a lot of things are made here and exported out? (ex. tents, backpacks, shoes? or is it just the typical suit and dress pants..) Basically, cool things to bring home!!
Old 09-11-2015, 12:11 AM   #270

1. Convert a large amount in Vietnam, you can get it done at gold shops if you know someone.

2. biking in the city is safer than rural areas. Having lived here for 7+ years I never recommend anyone to bike around. Super dangerous if you don't understand the traffic. Driving on the highways and country roads is where it gets scary b/c bussess, trucks, etc.. are moving fast. Seen a lot of disgusting aftermath.

3. Vietnam sucks for shopping. Its hard to get a hold of the real stuff that is imported out unless you have clear contact. Maybe buy some coffee.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:07 AM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysquared View Post
Going for 3 weeks in Nov/Dec. Once I get my itinerary figured out, would it be easier/cheaper to book accommodations in advance or just go to hotels on the day of?
When me and some friends went Vietnam in January, we traveled from the south to the north. We would stay in a city for a few days then move on to the next. Found hotels online and called them to book because it was usually cheaper than the online prices. Didn't have problems booking either 1 day ahead or morning of. Not sure if it wouldve been cheaper if we booked much earlier but for 3 star hotels it wasn't expensive.

They do require you to leave your passport with them when you check in and they keep it until you leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akalic View Post
Hi,

I will be in Vietnam in mid Oct to mid Nov to backpack from north to south.

1 )How would I go about converting my CAD? Do it here from CAD->VND is the most cost effective?

2) There are some cool opportunities to motorbike/scooter in Dalat and Sapa...I am concerned though as I have never done either before (does mountain biking count? lol). How safe is it in these areas? I definitely won't be doing it in the city or from city to city..

3) any useful equipment/swag I could get from Vietnam seeing as a lot of things are made here and exported out? (ex. tents, backpacks, shoes? or is it just the typical suit and dress pants..) Basically, cool things to bring home!!
Can exchange currency at the Vietnam airport and most jewelry stores. Try and get 100k bills, they're easier to spend.

if you can ride a bike you can moped. when you arrive in the north you'll understand how traffic works, you can decide if you want to moped after. we had mopeds at Vung Tau and Ha Long, very convenient.

Last edited by Fafine; 09-11-2015 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:15 AM   #272
G
Banned (BBM)

Does anyone know of any places that help get your Vietnam Visa?

There are so many websites that do it, but they all look soooo sketchy...
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:38 AM   #273
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post

Vietnam visa Canada. Vietnamese visa application form for Canada passport
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:52 PM   #274
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post

i just did it at a travel agency
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #275
G
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guurl View Post
i just did it at a travel agency
Which one did you go to? Was it expensive? The website above has it priced at around 150$
G is offline   Reply With Quote