REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 02-16-2016, 01:42 PM   #326
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
damn, that's a lot of money to bring into Vietnam. Especially for 2 weeks.
Could be giving to family?
Advertisement
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:05 PM   #327
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

planning to go to mui ne and nha trang or phu quoc this time during my two week stay
sand duness!!
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:35 PM   #328
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,419 Times in 917 Posts
What would you guys do if its your first time in Vietnam and your staying for 3 weeks?

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:00 PM   #329

^ explore the country. dont just stay in one place because it gets super repetitive and boring if you do unless you have family there
go to the mekong delta, nha trang, hoi an / da nang tours, or fly up north and explore hanoi + ha long bay. wont cost you too much to travel around anyway. at least 60-80 dollar one way flight
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2016, 09:23 PM   #330
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by guurl View Post
^ explore the country. dont just stay in one place because it gets super repetitive and boring if you do unless you have family there
go to the mekong delta, nha trang, hoi an / da nang tours, or fly up north and explore hanoi + ha long bay. wont cost you too much to travel around anyway. at least 60-80 dollar one way flight
Just came back from Vietnam.

If you can book in advance and have a schedule. But your plane tickets right now.

I stuck with Vietnam Airlines, because of their great record. And free check-in.
If you booked early and got a super deal, some flights could be as cheap as 400,000 dong. If you were spontaneous like me, and night before.... it was 1.5 million dong at times.

The Mekong Delta, you'd need a night, 2 days for that. The day tour is a joke.

But in 3 weeks, you can accomplish a lot.

In 10 nights roughly, I did Hcm (mekong day tour), hoi an (2 nights) - toured around the island village, went to dong hoi by train, went to paradise/dark cave (worth it), then hanoi for 4 nights (did a tam coc/hoa le day tour..don't do it...you need a night/2days to really experience the area)

The hanoi one was a bit longer than expected because I had to cancel SAPA, since weather wasn't great.

But three weeks will afford you alot of time to enjoy the country. Have fun. I went solo and had a blast. I also felt incredibly safe. I mean, there are also tons of female solo backpackers.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2016, 09:43 PM   #331

just went to can tho, crossed by soc trang, bac lieu and down to ca mau to visit cha diep (father francis truong buu diep) then back up to can tho to the floating markets
Old 06-11-2016, 12:10 PM   #332
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

bump.

guys post updates on ur recent trips.. where to stop between ho chi min, hanoi

Last edited by Rallydrv; 06-11-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2016, 02:04 PM   #333
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

booked, via united but on ana metal for 2

yvr-ho chi min

hanoi-manila (not incl._$500 cad via cebua air)

manila-tokyo (2 night stopover)
tokyo-yvr

TotalCA $1,375.22
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:42 PM   #334
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallydrv View Post
booked, via united but on ana metal for 2

yvr-ho chi min

hanoi-manila (not incl._$500 cad via cebua air)

manila-tokyo (2 night stopover)
tokyo-yvr

TotalCA $1,375.22
From Hanoi you could go to Ha Long Bay or SaPa/Hai Giang or Ninh Binh, depending on how long you plan on staying in the area.

Domestic flights are cheap so you could be flexible with your itinerary. I saw this deal as well, was tempted on going back again next year. Hmm.....

Where to stop between HCM And Hanoi? Tons of great places,

Da lat (coffee/tea plantations, waterfalls, hikes),
Hoi An (Tons of tourists, make yourself a nice suit) and nice night market festivals of sorts. Also Hoi An had awesome food.
Hue - Original Capital city, so tons of citadels and monuments and great different variation of food.
Mui Ne (South of HCM) - for a more beach like.
Ca Ba Island (I read people preferred this over Ha long bay).
SaPa (over night train and 1 hr bus) from HaNoi - for a country like setting.
Hai Giang (Just past SaPa) - Also Country like and less tourists.
Dong Hoi/Phong Nha Park - for Caves. I found the city of Dong Hoi very quiet/not many tourists, nice quiet environment. About a 1 hr bus ride from Phong Nha caves/park.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2016, 10:56 PM   #335
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Heading to Nam next week. Probably staying with the family in Saigon. Anyone knows a decent late hours/247 full equipment gym in town?
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:06 AM   #336
Need to Seek Professional Help

Star Fitness Saigon
Fit 24

google search and those came up. Might want to find somewhere close to where you are staying though.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:22 AM   #337

Just came back from a 10 week back packing trip in SEA. Backpacked Vietnam in 3 and a half weeks and I felt like it was still rushed. I started in Hanoi > Phong Nga > Hue > Hoi An > Nha Trang (full of Russians) > Dalat > Mui Ne > Ho Chi Minh. I took the sleeper bus to each city and it costed roughly 5usd to 15 usd. Vietnam is such a beautiful country and was probably my favourite out of the 6 countries I've been to. The highlight of Vietnam was renting a scooter in Hue and taking a 9 hour ride with stops through the Hai Van Pass to Hoi An.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]

Last edited by Gerbs; 08-16-2016 at 04:18 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2016, 09:38 PM   #338

Gerbs what hostels/hotels did you stay in during your time in HCMC?

Cheers.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:02 AM   #339

The hangout/hideout, they are a sister/brother hostel. They hosted a pub crawl almost every night. The hangout has a more relaxed vibe compared to the hideout. The party is at the hideout and everyone at the hangout head to the hideout together at around 10PM. During the days where I did cultural stuff I actually stayed new saigon hostel/hotel and split a private room for about $25ish/night.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Old 08-16-2016, 06:52 AM   #340
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Just came back from a 10 back packing trip in SEA. Backpacked Vietnam in 3 and a half weeks and I felt like it was still rushed. I started in Hanoi > Phong Nga > Hue > Hoi An > Nha Trang (full of Russians) > Dalat > Mui Ne > Ho Chi Minh. I took the sleeper bus to each city and it costed roughly 5usd to 15 usd. Vietnam is such a beautiful country and was probably my favourite out of the 6 countries I've been to. The highlight of Vietnam was renting a scooter in Hue and taking a 9 hour ride with stops through the Hai Van Pass to Hoi An.

nice! Im planning to do something similar in a few months. Starting from Saigon then head south all the way to Can Tho, then making my way back up North via train or bus and go all the way up to Sapa then back to Saigon. gonna be making a ton of stops of different citys and tourist spots along the way.

Hope I can do lots within the 3 weeks lol. The new Lonely Planet Vietnam guide just came out a few weeks ago. still waiting for mine in the mail before I plan my trip.

open to suggestions on city/places/things to do/see/eat/stay if any of you guys got any suggestions
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #341

Rent a scooter or a motorbike and Bike from Hue to Hoi An or Hoi An to Hue. Driving through the Hai Van Pass with a bunch of backpackers I met was the highlight of the trip. Roads were super fun to drive on and the scenery is amazing. One side is the Ocean other side is a view of the whole city of Denang. If your in Hoi An / Denange make a trip out with the scooters to Lady Buddha, Monkey Mountain, Marble Mountain. I can make a list of things I did in the cities I went to if u like.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2016, 07:03 PM   #342

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Planning to head there during new year's time with family. Haven't decided which city to go.

Any recommendation on a good plan for 1 week as a family who have never been there?
We'd be with in-laws and baby... so, nothing like hiking or anything physical. Just to enjoy the culture, food and some sightseeing.

Also, would it be hard to get by with Chinese/English?
Old 08-16-2016, 07:25 PM   #343
HELP ME PLS!!!

Was there a temple at the end?

That pass is super fun!

DSC01144 by Vince Wong, on Flickr

DSC01159 by Vince Wong, on Flickr
Old 08-17-2016, 05:38 PM   #344

It's like ruins from the Vietnam War at the top I believe.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Old 08-17-2016, 09:37 PM   #345
J89
RS controls my life!

Round 2 this year. Anyone going to be in Saigon on the first week of October?
J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:51 PM   #346

Come by my Brewery, We should be opening at that time.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:04 AM   #347

Brewery in Saigon?

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Old 08-18-2016, 12:55 AM   #348
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Man traffic is crazy these days. Scooters, cars, makeshift vehicles from all directions. Feel like I'm gonna die every time I get a scooter ride. Hot as fck too.

Hehe - there are transport service, for something like two fiddy, you can get a driver(who can also be your guide) driving you around in SUVs (7 seaters) for a full day to wherever you want. Might want to mix in some flying (pretty cheap) to save time and see more places.

Also bring with you toilet paper.......... Toilets in some places don't have paper... Even hotel's are French style (bidet). I learned the hard way.............................
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:05 PM   #349

The Craft Beer scene is picking up not only in Asian but in Vietnam as well. In October/November I am opening up a 500sqm (1500sqm build out) Craft Brewery and Restaurant in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City, near to the market in District 1.

We got the brewer from Amnesia in Portland.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #350
J89
RS controls my life!

Post the address here when you can and I'll come through for sure

Also can anyone give a tip where I can rent a scooter? And usually how much is it per day.

Thanks.
J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: