REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #2276
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
i don't see an apology for her "apology"....? just the shortened down version where she cut out her laughable justifications.

save the trees meme please!
ToeKnee took a screencap of the original apology. You can find it here:

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/2...lleapology.png
Advertisement
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #2277
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgman View Post
Hirbod & Linda

Riots @ night,
Dim sum for birthday.
Asian trash at it's finest,looks like she has already developed a case of cocksuckers cramp and from the looks of it,she can suck some serious dicks.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:01 AM   #2278
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
i don't see an apology for her "apology"....? just the shortened down version where she cut out her laughable justifications.

save the trees meme please!
"The aftermath has been a tough ordeal and I let my emotions get in the way of my original apology."
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #2279
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

that is one dumb bitch = = if I didn't wanna knock her out before ... I do now
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #2280
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Lady Godiva rode naked through Coventry to protest oppressive taxes on the peasants. Joan of Arc led the French army to victories over the English in the Hundred Years War. Sacagawea guided Lewis and Clark on their exploration of the Pacific Northwest. Lucretia Mott battled against slavery. Susan B. Anthony fought for women to gain the right to vote. Nellie McClung pressed Parliament to recognize women as persons and allow women to sit in the Senate. Rosa Parks refused to sit at the back of the bus. And Camille Cacnio stole a pair of mens sized 42 trousers to prove that women can be riot loving assholes too. Well done!
A comment from therealcamille blog

Hahahahahhaha~
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #2281
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
ToeKnee took a screencap of the original apology. You can find it here:

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/2...lleapology.png
http://therealcamille.wordpress.com her original post got recreated here with comments allowed
taki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #2282
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,264 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBroScientist View Post
"The aftermath has been a tough ordeal and I let my emotions get in the way of my original apology."
ahh, i didn't see that sentence, thanks. well, no use backtracking now. what's done is done and will live in infamy.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #2283
I bringith the lowerballerith

Dear Camille,
Why doesnt Wordpress have a fail button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
reposted it for you

SlySi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #2284
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Do you really need to quote the whole fucking picture?
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #2285
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
dunno if it's a repost but here you go...kids a joke

XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #2286
SardaukarMod

The Chief fires back:

Quote:
VPD Police Chief fires back over Stanley Cup riot criticism

Vancouver Police Chief Jim Chu issued a strongly-worded denunciation Tuesday of criticism around his handling of last week's Stanley Cup Riot.

And he singled out Robert Whitelaw, who worked on the report into the 1994 Stanley Cup Riot. Chu said he has misrepresented his involvement in the inquiry 17 years ago.

In a letter to officers and staff that he encouraged them to circulate, Chu said Whitelaw falsely claimed he was the author of the report into the 1994 riot. In fact, he said, Whitelaw's suggestions in a preliminary report were discarded as impractical, and the inquiry hired new investigators who provided different recommendations.

"I confirmed yesterday that Mr. Whitelaw did not write the 1994 report, and that he has misrepresented to the news media his involvement with the BC Police Commission. This was confirmed yesterday when I talked to the former Chair of the BC Police Commission, Mr. David Edgar. I also have talked to others who were involved in writing the final report," Chu said in his letter.

In an email to The Vancouver Sun, Edgar said Whitelaw is "grossly exaggerating" his involvement in the 1994 investigation.

"He had no qualifications or experience in policing, security or crowd management and was not hired to be involved in the investigative or recommendation side of the inquiry. He was a "wordsmith" only," Edgar wrote.

"For him to suggest or to allow the idea that he was the author or had any substantive role in its contents is quite simply a fabrication. Nor was he an investigator, let alone a "head investigator", as one broadcaster suggested. He was, rather, an embarrassment to the Commission on this project."

But Whitelaw, contacted Tuesday at his home in Ottawa, said he was surprised at the allegations. He read a letter of recommendation Edgar sent to Whitelaw's employer in the provincial Comptroller's Office at in November, 1994, that said his efforts had been included in the final report.

"As a result of this work the final report was able to reflect accurately the essential facts and draw from the lessons that the report sets out," Whitelaw read from the letter.

In his letter to his officers, Chu said Whitelaw's involvement in the 1994 investigation was largely discarded.

"I was given a copy of an early report that I was told Whitelaw did help write. It was immediately discarded by the BC Police Commission in 1994. I was also told that because of the inadequacy of Mr. Whitelaw's work, new investigators were brought in and a completely new report was written without any use of this first inadequate report.

"Many of Mr. Whitelaw's recommendations in his discarded report were rejected as unrealistic, and recommended a police reaction disproportionate to the offence being committed."

But Whitelaw said no one ever raised any concerns about his work and he can't confirm that his findings were discarded. He said he didn't claim he was the author of the report or the chair of the inquiry.

"I was providing information and I know there were a number of writers. It was not my report, it was the Police

Commission's report," Whitelaw said.

Edgar said in his email to The Sun that Whitelaw's work was never used in the final draft.

"When it came time for him to submit his draft (which was late), it was, to be polite, below standard and unacceptable. The work of drafting the report was taken away from him and assigned to a senior researcher on the Commission staff, Jill McIntyre," Edgar wrote.

"It was Mrs. McIntyre who wrote the report. Nothing written by Whitelaw is in that report."

Chu said Whitelaw also tried to offer his services to the VPD on June 1 and went to The Vancouver Sun after his help was rejected. He said Whitelaw also appeared to misrepresent his involvement with other police forces.

"Mr. Whitelaw has definitely raised his personal profile and received a lot of attention at our expense. I found out yesterday that Mr. Whitelaw did offer his services to the VPD as a consultant on June 1st but we did not accept his offer. Shortly after, he appears to have contacted the Vancouver Sun with his opinions and an article warning of a riot appeared on June 4th. One recent article I read has him assisting the Montreal and Calgary Police with their playoff runs. I talked to the Chiefs in both Calgary and Montreal. Both of these agencies have never had any relationship with Mr. Whitelaw nor have these police agencies heard of him," Chu said in his letter to staff.

Whitelaw said he did contact the VPD to offer his services since Vancouver was once again in the Stanley Cup playoffs and he felt they could benefit from the findings of the 1994 report. He said he never claimed to work with the Calgary and Montreal police departments, but rather gave interviews to the media there.

Chu's strong attack on Whitelaw comes as pressure intensifies on the police department and the city to explain how they could not have predicted or prevented the riot from happening. Chu continues to refuse to say how many police officers he had on the streets Wednesday, saying it remains an operational piece of information. However, the Vancouver Police Union said the number was between 500-700 out of a total police force of 1,300.

On Monday the province and the city announced the terms of reference for an independent inquiry into the riot, but stopped well short of calling for a full public Commission of Inquiry.

jefflee@vancouversun.com

© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun
http://www.vancouversun.com/mobile/i...028/story.html
Posted via RS Mobile
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #2287
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
LOL, I dont think Dustin Anderson know hes gonna get hurt real bad.
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #2288
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

All these news of kids getting the consequences they deserve need to be complied and shown to all the schools in Vancouver. I bet some of these kids still thinks this is all a joke and something fun for them to talk about. Most of these punk ass kids obviously care less about news and are oblivious with everything happening around them.

What happened was a shame but what more important is to learn the lesson and educate parents and kids about the consequences of their actions. Just because it's the spur of the moment and everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you can get away with it.

I wonder those kids are cheering and yelling in front of the camera during the riot, do they know that everyone else is talking about how stupid and shameless they are on the other side of the TV?

Past:
Mercedes 2003 SLK 230
VW 2007 Rabbit MK5

Last edited by Yuffa; 06-21-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Yuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #2289
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,212 Times in 188 Posts
Most of you have probably seen this but this is just the definition of idiot:
smaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #2290

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Fac...#ixzz1PwcRg1OY

See how social media is saving tax payer money and investigators time?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2063297/

1 ups for the heros, jail rape for the zeros. @0:31 Dustin Anderson fat-fuck again in this video. How does he move his pugdy body fast enough for this much humiliating coverage of this douche? I guess he herd the crowd chant "We want food" and followed his little piggy nose.

Last edited by lgman; 06-21-2011 at 12:53 PM.
lgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #2291
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
If Camille did a genuine heartfelt apology I definitely would have accepted it. Her original apology speaks volumes of her character. Apology not accepted.
Posted via RS Mobile
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #2292
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
I guess it's too soon to joke around about it with my management. The determination is the fact that they opened at 9:30 am the next day, restocked and ready to go.

also my car was damaged during the riot. But it's not major (dent on hood, impact on bumper).

I'll call when im not so busy with school.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #2293
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
so apparently im going to be in tomorrow's 24 newspaper. Somoene keep an eye out for my name (andreas)
Didn't see your name in the 24,and I looked it over a couple times. Maybe tomorrow's paper?
Old 06-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #2294
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

is there a list of stores that got hit up? Im pretty sure everyone had Louis Vuitton and Futureshop on their minds when the riots were happening.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #2295
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
If Camille did a genuine heartfelt apology I definitely would have accepted it. Her original apology speaks volumes of her character. Apology not accepted.
Posted via RS Mobile
Yep, if she just said "Sorry, I'm going to go turn myself in. I did something wrong." then I'm sure we would've been sympathetic but the second you start making excuses, no one is going to care.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #2296
SardaukarMod

Everyone can stop the search. I know who started the riot:

(stolen from facebook).
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #2297

Lol @ pic.

(#10 right corner) Ronell Kuhmar, will thou slay thy giant???
Old 06-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #2298
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

chara by himself and not with the help of the thomas wall?
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #2299
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
is there a list of stores that got hit up? Im pretty sure everyone had Louis Vuitton and Futureshop on their minds when the riots were happening.
low life thugs have no clue that hermes across the street is 10X what LV is.

A croc tie runs 8K, bags from 10K and up, jackets 10k.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #2300
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yep, if she just said "Sorry, I'm going to go turn myself in. I did something wrong." then I'm sure we would've been sympathetic but the second you start making excuses, no one is going to care.
i dont think it makes a difference even if she said no excuses. People will still want her punished to the max. Look at the other ppl that apologized without excuse, ppl still want their head on a platter.