REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #2526
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
GodZilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 915
Thanked 70 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
And then you'll be "those guys at fright night looking for a fight".


Idiots who want fights should not be rewarded with what they're looking for.
Clarification, Never said to fight just meant if a group of three came up wanting to play tuff guys, it would be nice if all of a sudden there was 50 or more people staring them down. Then to watch them back down and walk away. My guess is those types always pick on one person alone to make them look tuff.
Advertisement
GodZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #2527
Ricer Mod
 
Berzerker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Smithers
Posts: 6,665
Thanked 4,675 Times in 1,352 Posts
No I usually pick on groups of 4 or more... THAT makes me look tough.

Berz out.
__________________
President of RS Beat Down Crew
Berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #2528
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,310
Thanked 580 Times in 230 Posts
Would never happen in todays society. A whole lines worth of people would be starring the kids that budged in yet if one guy stands up to the kids and get his ass kicked, not a single person in line would help the guy who stood up. All they can do is "stare"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodZilla View Post
Clarification, Never said to fight just meant if a group of three came up wanting to play tuff guys, it would be nice if all of a sudden there was 50 or more people staring them down. Then to watch them back down and walk away. My guess is those types always pick on one person alone to make them look tuff.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #2529
RS Lurker, I don't post!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Irony.

I absolutely love this:
1) That the proles here have taken it as their duty to expound those blasted criminals!
2) That the spoiled morons who rioted actually have more publicity than child rapists.
3) That the pity party is now throwing laurels far and wide to the corporate underbelly for being 'heroic'.

Let's not forget the criminality of the whole community here; that you actually drive 'souped up' pieces of metal, blasting your Ipad, contributing to the rape not only of our planet, but of culture itself:


But everyone does it... right?
Wintgecrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #2530
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel
 
Jsunu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,797
Thanked 563 Times in 247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintgecrim View Post
I absolutely love this:

But everyone does it... right?
This is not irony...
__________________
My Flickr
Jsunu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #2531
RS Lurker, I don't post!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post
This is not irony...
'To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence.'
Wintgecrim is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #2532
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel
 
Jsunu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,797
Thanked 563 Times in 247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintgecrim View Post
'To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence.'
Wait, are you trying to use an quote, which is actually less of an "expenditure of intelligence" in order to escape a disagreeable situation as well?

The only reason I pointed out the "irony" was because it was the most salient issue I had with your post.

Of course people are aware of all the misfortunes of people/environment/crime but the riots were the most important issue to vancouver because it effect us as a city. It was our citizens who were both committing and trying to prevent crime.

Then all of a sudden you come in and say we are hippocrites because we do not rage against the machine enough against corporations and the injustices of the world.

To say that prosecuting the rioter is sucking the dick of the coporate machine is both insulting and frankly a narrow-minded view of our society. We are not prosecuting these people because we love the bay so much, we are doing it because we as a people love Vancouver and I fucking hated it when we flipped cars and physically and symbolically destroyed our city. We prosecute in order to curb any future instances of this happening.

But I guess I am part of the masses, ill go back to using my child labour created ipad and drive my environmentally damaging car.
__________________
My Flickr
Jsunu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #2533
Zombie Mod
 
Presto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Langley
Posts: 9,270
Thanked 4,403 Times in 1,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post
This is not irony...
It sure isn't, but this sure is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintgecrim View Post
'To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence.'
Presto is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #2534
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,731
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post
This is not irony...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
It sure isn't, but this sure is:
A black fly in your Chardonnay.
A death row pardon two minutes too late.
A traffic jam when you're already late.
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break.
Ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.
Meeting the man of my dreams, then meeting his beautiful wife.
Rain on your wedding day.
The free ride when you've already paid.
The good advice that you just didn't take.

(OH YES I DID. BRING THA FAILZ.)

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #2535
RS Lurker, I don't post!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post
Wait, are you trying to use an quote, which is actually less of an "expenditure of intelligence" in order to escape a disagreeable situation as well?

The only reason I pointed out the "irony" was because it was the most salient issue I had with your post.

Of course people are aware of all the misfortunes of people/environment/crime but the riots were the most important issue to vancouver because it effect us as a city. It was our citizens who were both committing and trying to prevent crime.

Then all of a sudden you come in and say we are hippocrites because we do not rage against the machine enough against corporations and the injustices of the world.

To say that prosecuting the rioter is sucking the dick of the coporate machine is both insulting and frankly a narrow-minded view of our society. We are not prosecuting these people because we love the bay so much, we are doing it because we as a people love Vancouver and I fucking hated it when we flipped cars and physically and symbolically destroyed our city. We prosecute in order to curb any future instances of this happening.

But I guess I am part of the masses, ill go back to using my child labour created ipad and drive my environmentally damaging car.
I'd say users here and the rioters have similar motives, or drives. We excoriate someone for looting, or for destruction, and what we mean to say is that the repression of society wasn't strong enough to deter them from expressing an instinctual drive. Let's take a deeper look: Aren't the cars you polish off not only excessive, but also destructive? If clearly this is excess in that they go way beyond adequate transportation, aren't they damaging to the world around you? -(a brief example being the pictures above) The truth is that you couldn't give a rats ass whether or not your car results in a winter holocaust as long as you are feeling instinctual gratification. Society's regulations haven't repressed you to a degree that guilt is felt. Still, aside from society, and I mean truth and lies in a non-moral sense (real honesty), the fact is that you are damaging as much as a rioter. You will retort that the rioters are some sort of evil monster anarchists, simply because your values derived from society don't have to be in touch with anything other than fads and trends.

I don't simply think the rioters are ignorant, I think this whole forum, and further: our whole culture is.

Last edited by Wintgecrim; 06-27-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Wintgecrim is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #2536
SFICC-03*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: richmond
Posts: 7,049
Thanked 1,525 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
A black fly in your Chardonnay.
A death row pardon two minutes too late.
A traffic jam when you're already late.
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break.
Ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.
Meeting the man of my dreams, then meeting his beautiful wife.
Rain on your wedding day.
The free ride when you've already paid.
The good advice that you just didn't take.

(OH YES I DID. BRING THA FAILZ.)

i got drunk this weekend and went to karaoke and sang this song.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #2537
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...
 
Redlines_Daily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,482
Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
A black fly in your Chardonnay.
A death row pardon two minutes too late.
A traffic jam when you're already late.
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break.
Ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.
Meeting the man of my dreams, then meeting his beautiful wife.
Rain on your wedding day.
The free ride when you've already paid.
The good advice that you just didn't take.

(OH YES I DID. BRING THA FAILZ.)

I don't think any of these statements represents irony..just unfortunate events.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #2538
The RS Freebie guru
 
InvisibleSoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: East Vancouver
Posts: 22,029
Thanked 2,489 Times in 859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintgecrim View Post
Let's not forget the criminality of the whole community here; that you actually drive 'souped up' pieces of metal, blasting your Ipad, contributing to the rape not only of our planet, but of culture itself
How do you blast an iPad? I am very intrigued.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #2539
"Entertainment" mod.
 
CorneringArtist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 4,593
Thanked 2,877 Times in 872 Posts
What's with the sudden bullshit leftism being spouted? Since when was personal excess EVER a part of the equation? What gives a person the right to come out of nowhere, and bash the basis of the forum while grouping us in with the rioters? We have done NOTHING wrong outside of finding out who was responsible for looting and destruction of property.

I motion for ban not because of extreme eco-leftism, but because of straight stupidity.

tl;dr: leftist needs to GTFO.
__________________
MX73->B3->MX83->AE92->BL3FW->5K(MkVI)->UCF11->JZX110
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #2540
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,491
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,198 Posts
Wintgecrim = Arash???

sure sounds like it hahah
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #2541
SFICC-03*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: richmond
Posts: 7,049
Thanked 1,525 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
I don't think any of these statements represents irony..just unfortunate events.
thank you for regurgitating an observation thats been made for the last 15 years and then trying to pass it off as your own.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #2542
WOAH...shut the music off...
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,802
Thanked 4,708 Times in 1,890 Posts
he's just mad b/c a lot of his buddies got busted from this thread.



he came on here to complain ppl here "contribute to the rape of our planet", but used a computer to do so, which is also "contributing to the rape of our planet"
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #2543
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel
 
Jsunu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,797
Thanked 563 Times in 247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
he's just mad b/c a lot of his buddies got busted from this thread.



he came on here to complain ppl here "contribute to the rape of our planet", but used a computer to do so, which is also "contributing to the rape of our planet"
His buddy got busted and he is using his psuedo-intellectual dribble from his first year philosophy and communication classes.

We can argue all we want about the moral corruption (exemplified in the riot) is in actually a micro-representation of society as a whole. I argue that it isn't. What the riot represented was the select individuals/deviants that was then amplified through a combination of "mob mentality" and social observation/acceptance.

The true vancouver is those who cleaned up the next day, those who go out of the way to prevent this from having through legal means.

I don't even know what you are going with the whole car cleaning angle.
__________________
My Flickr
Jsunu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #2544
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
epicbeardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: van
Posts: 153
Thanked 54 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
How do you blast an iPad? I am very intrigued.
Maybe he's from Boston and he meant Ipod.
epicbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #2545
RS Lurker, I don't post!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The only thing that any of you have demonstrated is that you're full of excuses, and pretty stupid. You've accomplished sidestepping my accusations by childlike retorts. Bravo!

Now, do I sound like I am into hockey or anarchism? Probably not. However, I do find it hilarious how a bunch of apes actually pay millions to see a bunch of grown men pass a ball around. It takes more integrity to wash dishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
he's just mad b/c a lot of his buddies got busted from this thread.



he came on here to complain ppl here "contribute to the rape of our planet", but used a computer to do so, which is also "contributing to the rape of our planet"
Most activities result in entropy. Actually spending time souping up a 'sports car' is not simply destructive, it's pure gluttony.

Anyways. Waste of time. Bye.

Last edited by Wintgecrim; 06-27-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Wintgecrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #2546
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene
 
$_$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Space
Posts: 1,919
Thanked 560 Times in 172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintgecrim View Post
The only thing that any of you have demonstrated is that you're full of excuses, and pretty stupid. You've accomplished sidestepping my accusations by childlike retorts. Bravo!

Now, do I sound like I am into hockey or anarchism? Probably not. However, I do find it hilarious how a bunch of apes actually pay millions to see a bunch of grown men pass a ball around. It takes more integrity to wash dishes.



Most activities result in entropy. Actually spending time souping up a 'sports car' is not simply destructive, it's pure gluttony.

Anyways. It's pretty pointless arguing here. Whether or not this whole thread is filled with hypocrisies and morons means naught. Waste of time.
Lol why don't you shut the fuck up already? Nobody wants to hear your anti-corporate bullshit here. You sound just like a troll that wants attention. (And guys, stop giving it to him!) If you really believe in the stuff you say, why don't you go do something about it instead of keyboard-warrioring here making it sound like you make a difference? Do you go to eco rallies? Do you walk everywhere? Why don't you post some credentials or information on how shit can get done, instead of just posting what other people have done wrong. What are you, some kind of eco police now? What have YOU done?
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #2547
Summertime Sadness
 
LSF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,601
Thanked 2,910 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
came back from grabbing coffee at the mcdonalds on main/terminal. some idiot kids (prob around 16 or 17) with their parents stock civics and celica's acting tough were bragging about their cars. as im walking back to my car 1 of them saw my rs landyard and was like "hey you're on rs? you assholes on rs with that riot thread busted a lot of my buddies. fuck you guys, all you niggers on rs dont know shit about cars and youre all snitches for ratting people out in the riot."
i just ignored them and took off, i was going to take a picture and post it here, but that would probably result in them smashing my car or something.

i got a good kick out of it

hahaha i bet wintgecrim was one of them
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #2548
nuggets mod
 
freakshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: richmond
Posts: 6,706
Thanked 3,047 Times in 842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintgecrim View Post
blah blah blah
You're in highschool or first year, aren't you? When you grow up, and life experience shows you how to apply the things you once heard in a classroom, come back and find these post, you'll laugh at yourself for being a naive hypocrite.
__________________
I searched for truth, and all I found was You

'00 323i (Sold)
'01 Civic Si (Sold)
'95 240sx (Sold)
'02 LMB M5 (Sold)
'92 4Runner (Sold)
'92 Civic VX (Sold)
'03 SL500 (Sold)
'92 NSX
'99 M3 (Totalled)
'07 A4 2.0T (Sold)
'01 CB M5 (Sold)
'01 540i (Sold)
'11 535ix
freakshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #2549
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod
 
RacingMetro92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Surrey
Posts: 783
Thanked 269 Times in 126 Posts
Hmmm....somewhat eloquent (but naive and immature) university writing. Check

Talking about the environment...Check.

Saying that cars are bad and that Revscene as a whole fail to "see" that we are just as bad as the rioters? Check

Camille, is that you? Camille Cacino? Come on now, first it's an apology that isn't even an apology and you go after Revscene? I think you need to use that degree about trees and take it elsewhere
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #2550
Banned (ABWS)
 
MrGoodbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,268
Thanked 425 Times in 146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintgecrim View Post
The only thing that any of you have demonstrated is that you're full of excuses, and pretty stupid. You've accomplished sidestepping my accusations by childlike retorts. Bravo!

Now, do I sound like I am into hockey or anarchism? Probably not. However, I do find it hilarious how a bunch of apes actually pay millions to see a bunch of grown men pass a ball around. It takes more integrity to wash dishes.



Most activities result in entropy. Actually spending time souping up a 'sports car' is not simply destructive, it's pure gluttony.

Anyways. Waste of time. Bye.
ALL activity results in net entropy in this universe. If you're going to spout thermodynamics, do it right.
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net