REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #5601
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chin3se604 View Post
Thanks guys ..ill forsure call them and see my options, hopefully i can get a month or two for somewhat at a reasonable rate

Yea i went to bcit and their gym.. But done now..problem with bcit is, theres no customer parking
Posted via RS Mobile
there is a side street at bcit where you can park like 2 mins away from campus.
Advertisement
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #5602
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotong View Post
there is a side street at bcit where you can park like 2 mins away from campus.

Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:45 PM   #5603
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
I think im gonna have to start hitting up the gym at BCIT for my leg days, need squats!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #5604
I subscribe to Revscene

fuck I need to start eating more haven't gained any weight in the past month.. any tips on making a natural weight gainer?
Posted via RS Mobile
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #5605
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
My chest went up in everything. Up to 205 for incline, 245 for decline, 94lb dumbbell chest press all for sets. Not much, but I've been stuck at a plateau for the longest time
Feelsgoodman
Old 03-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #5606
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
fuck I need to start eating more haven't gained any weight in the past month.. any tips on making a natural weight gainer?
Posted via RS Mobile

coconut milk, whole oats, protein, milk, fruit
blend and win
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #5607
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
http://imgur.com/J8RVl
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #5608
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
That's a lot of sugar... and effort being put into low fat FrankenFoods make it worse

Replace all the "low fat" with "full fat" and make up for the calorie gain by losing some of the sugar (ditch the pineapple and less oatmeal)

Then you will have the weight gain and healthy heart to boot
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #5609
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
275x3 incline bench, officially incline stronger than flat lol :/
Posted via RS Mobile
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #5610
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
275x3 incline bench, officially incline stronger than flat lol :/
Posted via RS Mobile
w0w that is crazy
Old 03-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #5611
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
my $70 in low-carb atkins protein bars came today lol

$73 for 27 bars, 3g of carbs per with 10g of protein
Old 03-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #5612
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I think im gonna have to start hitting up the gym at BCIT for my leg days, need squats!
How is the gym at BCIT anyways? Once I go back fulltime I wont be able to pay for a membership anywhere
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #5613
RS Operative (G)

^^^ the one in Burnaby is great
Old 03-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #5614
RS Operative (G)

has anyone every done this for legs, u put your feet on the smith machine lol, and do like a leg press but upside down, i did this yesterday, so fucking good for hamstrings you can actually get a full stretch and feel it the whole time, yeah your gonna get like 100 heads looking at u but its bad ass
Old 03-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #5615
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^ LOL! that is pretty crazy, id be a bit paranoid that the bar would slip out from my feet.

I'll try it out tho... i am looking for a few new exercises to work the back of my legs, i find when i dolying leg curls it puts a lot of bad pressure at the back of my knees....and all the seated leg curl machines are sooo fucking difficult...the ones @ my gym have like 50 different settings, and they all feel so un-natural
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #5616
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnthony View Post
^ LOL! that is pretty crazy, id be a bit paranoid that the bar would slip out from my feet.

I'll try it out tho... i am looking for a few new exercises to work the back of my legs, i find when i dolying leg curls it puts a lot of bad pressure at the back of my knees....and all the seated leg curl machines are sooo fucking difficult...the ones @ my gym have like 50 different settings, and they all feel so un-natural
yeah those are a bit of a bitch,
have u ever tried stiff leg deads
Old 03-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #5617
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Leg machines always feel so bad for you.. Luckily there are a million different variations on squats and deadlifts, so you should never have to use them.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #5618
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
yeah those are a bit of a bitch,
have u ever tried stiff leg deads
I started doing those on my legs day. Gives the hamstrings a really good stretch.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #5619
I subscribe to Revscene

wats the coupon for bb.com
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #5620
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
^ lift10 IIRC

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #5621
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

How heavy do you guys go on stiff legs?
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #5622
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
How heavy do you guys go on stiff legs?
Posted via RS Mobile
2-4 plate range
Old 03-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #5623
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
What can I do to get my military press to a plate? It seems like I'm stuck at the 40 lb/side .. and today I failed on that. It seems like its decreasing almost ... wtf?

I'm doing it standing. My shoulder workout is usually warmup with dumbbells 4 x 8 on a weight that's ~60% my max. I get a nice warm feeling in my shoulders and then I go for military press, start out at 20x6, 25x6, 35x6, and then I go 40x3 (can do more but don't wanna tire self out) and usually that's where I call it quits lately because I'm just so dead .. and I end it with 25lbs a side to failure (usually ~16 reps). I then do some seated military press, and go into my front raise > side raise > rear shoulder fly superset/Trap shrugs on the bar and machine (these last two i do in any order, depends on availability). What am I doing wrong? When I first started doing shoulders this workout was the shit .. now it seems like my muscles are getting so worn out by it. Could it be because I made the mistake of doing it right after a chest day? I'm gonna try doing shoulders first thing next week to see if that makes a difference.

... today was still a pretty good workout nonetheless, didn't let my failure get me down. Was lifting shit till the lights went out, got in the car and realized my eyes were red from the sweat dripping into them ... sweet, sweet pain.

... also I think I hit a new max for my dumbbell shrugs ... but I have no idea what the fuck the dumbbells weighed all I know is it the lights went out, and from the shape of them .. they looked pretty big and were definitely pretty heavy .. and they tore up my hands pretty good. I'm starting to love the gym more and more every day

Last edited by BrRsn; 03-18-2011 at 11:39 PM.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #5624
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
What can I do to get my military press to a plate? It seems like I'm stuck at the 40 lb/side .. and today I failed on that. It seems like its decreasing almost ... wtf?

I'm doing it standing. My shoulder workout is usually warmup with dumbbells 4 x 8 on a weight that's ~60% my max. I get a nice warm feeling in my shoulders and then I go for military press, start out at 20x6, 25x6, 35x6, and then I go 40x3 (can do more but don't wanna tire self out) and usually that's where I call it quits lately because I'm just so dead .. and I end it with 25lbs a side to failure (usually ~16 reps). I then do some seated military press, and go into my front raise > side raise > rear shoulder fly superset/Trap shrugs on the bar and machine (these last two i do in any order, depends on availability). What am I doing wrong? When I first started doing shoulders this workout was the shit .. now it seems like my muscles are getting so worn out by it. Could it be because I made the mistake of doing it right after a chest day? I'm gonna try doing shoulders first thing next week to see if that makes a difference.

... today was still a pretty good workout nonetheless, didn't let my failure get me down. Was lifting shit till the lights went out, got in the car and realized my eyes were red from the sweat dripping into them ... sweet, sweet pain.

... also I think I hit a new max for my dumbbell shrugs ... but I have no idea what the fuck the dumbbells weighed all I know is it the lights went out, and from the shape of them .. they looked pretty big and were definitely pretty heavy .. and they tore up my hands pretty good. I'm starting to love the gym more and more every day
You're pre-fatiguing your shoulders already by doing DB press then military. If you goal is purely to increase your military press, ditch the DB presses. IMO You don't need 3 warm up sets before going on to your working set (40 x 3) Ditch either the 20 or the 25.

I m fairly confident you can get a plate up for 3+ if you just did what i mentioned.

You're also doing way too much pressing movements, you dont need to do DB press, standing and seated military all at one go.
L0uie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2011, 01:19 AM   #5625
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0uie69 View Post
You're pre-fatiguing your shoulders already by doing DB press then military. If you goal is purely to increase your military press, ditch the DB presses. IMO You don't need 3 warm up sets before going on to your working set (40 x 3) Ditch either the 20 or the 25.

I m fairly confident you can get a plate up for 3+ if you just did what i mentioned.
I find if i don't warm up it hurts in a bad way when I do it. I also do 3 sets of rotator cuff exercises, but they're quick and easy and preventative more than anything (i do them inbetween db press). I'll ditch the 20 and start at 25 ... is there anything else I can do to help myself out? My biggest issue is throwing that bar up, once it's up its easy.. just sometimes I lock up mid way and have no option but to give up (i try my hardest for a couple seconds, but if its not happening i'd rather ease off than injure myself)'

And I'll try to limit myself to just 2 pushing exercises .. I just don't feel that burn as intensely as I like if I don't do 3 exercises though, so I feel a bit confused as to what to do.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote