REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #226
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
It's even more ridiculous because the people in that electoral conference or whatever aren't even bound by the results of these things. It's more like one giant fucking poll!
The delegates are pledged to vote for the wishes of the state in accordance of state law for the division of the electoral votes, or if no state law supercedes, then the laws of the party over-ride.

There are also a group of superdelegates made up of party leaders and other people of political influence, of which McCain may be one that can vote for the person of their choice.

It's a very similar system to that of the actual election.
Advertisement
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #227
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

What I do find funny is how they are changing all the voting and vote counting methods to be less transparent and more behind closed doors now that rp fever is catching.
Posted via RS Mobile
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #228
Banned By Establishment

Now, the part that fascinates me is the electoral college in general.

Let's say you live in a swing state. You vote democrat, but the majority vote republican. With the electoral college, you voted Republican. How's that for representation. The majority makes your states electoral college votes all go to the majority's choice, except for Colorado that switched to dividing their states votes along proportional lines. Therefore, no one campaigns there, as its not an easy victory.

Now, no system is perfect. The electoral college is a way to give smaller states a voice in the election. In the states, voting for someone that isn't the winner of your state is like voting for the winner of your state, and in Canada outside Ontario(mostly western Canada), voting is a waste of time, nationally. We can occasionally determine a majority or minority win.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #229
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Here's an excellent podcast on the science of voting.

Only 10 minutes, worth listening to IMO
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #230
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
What I do find funny is how they are changing all the voting and vote counting methods to be less transparent and more behind closed doors now that rp fever is catching.
Posted via RS Mobile
im reading about people claiming there was voter fraud going on causing ron paul to lose

stating there was polling done @ each precint and Romney wasn't even in 2nd place... and something about votes not being counted on site but being driven off to be counted elsewhere behind closed doors

i wouldnt be surprised if it was proven though
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #231
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
....it's going to be over soon if this isn't fixed.
Like I said, it's already over. It's collapse is inevitable. The question is what will happen when the whole system implodes.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #232
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
im reading about people claiming there was voter fraud going on causing ron paul to lose

stating there was polling done @ each precint and Romney wasn't even in 2nd place... and something about votes not being counted on site but being driven off to be counted elsewhere behind closed doors

i wouldnt be surprised if it was proven though
I read in a Ron Paul newsletter that the CIA was involved in the first world trade center attacks.

Nut jobs can claim what ever they want. Stop grasping at straws. Ron Paul lost fair and square.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #233
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I read in a Ron Paul newsletter that the CIA was involved in the first world trade center attacks.
True or not, I think you'd shit bricks if you knew what the CIA is capable of and has been involved in. To dismiss their power would be quite ignorant.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #234

Quote:

involved how? they have an office in wtc7; they created the guy who America claims is responsible (bin laden)

oh im sorry you're talking about the 1993 bombing

yeah supposedly there was a cia & fbi connection there

according to the Boston Herald newspaper the CIA has admitted to being "partially culpable" to the '93 bombings because they had trained some of those involved

i dont really know about it just started googling now

that's interesting

considering what's known of their tactics in other countries it shouldnt be a surprise that some of those actions had backfired; so this fits in with some of what Ron Paul has been saying all along... if America hadn't meddled in so many other nations the state would likely not have seen any of the attacks that had happened
Old 01-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #235

Also that solider who who was supporting Ron Paul is in trouble with the military. Not a smart idea to support a competitor in company uniform.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...n-national-tv/
Old 01-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #236
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:

Also that solider who who was supporting Ron Paul is in trouble with the military. Not a smart idea to support a competitor in company uniform.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...n-national-tv/
Much respect to the soldier for the risk he took.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #237

ron paul gets the most support from the active military so i guess this soldier feels that the rest of america has to see that so as will said much respect
Old 01-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #238
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
Ben Swann’s Reality Check: The Story Behind the Ron Paul Newsletters – Jan 4 2012 | Ron Paul videos - Ron Paul Flix
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #239
Banned By Establishment

I don't know...the whole thing trips me out. I like RP. I think his financial ideas are brilliant. Stop spending money you don't have. It's novel, and new.

You get a bunch of people coming out of the woodwork with newsletters and whatever else can be found to discredit him, and you start to think, "shit, I know he's out there, but maybe a little TOO out there" and he is, some of his ideas I disagree with. He wants to set it up for the states to do the dirty work. Cool, can't eliminate abortion across the board? Let's go one by one.

Whatever.

Here's my concern. Herman Cain. Total nutjob. His 9-9-9 plan would raise taxes on everyone but reduce for the rich. Step in the wrong direction, friend.

Suddenly, we get woman after woman saying he's a womanizer. Who cares? One person-his wife. Even with Clinton, the only problem he had was lying under oath about it. Fucking around is not a crime!

Where are they now? He's out of the race, so no one is handing out checks for stories. They be gone. Mission accomplished.

I don't need to tamper with votes. I can tamper with your minds. And in the primary race, the republicans have a vested interest in who wins. They(party leaders) know who they want to win. I'm not sure Romney would be the one I'd choose, but thats just me. This election will be DOA if you put up Mr. Socialized Medicine against Mr. Socialized Medicine.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #240
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
I don't know...the whole thing trips me out. I like RP. I think his financial ideas are brilliant. Stop spending money you don't have. It's novel, and new.

You get a bunch of people coming out of the woodwork with newsletters and whatever else can be found to discredit him, and you start to think, "shit, I know he's out there, but maybe a little TOO out there" and he is, some of his ideas I disagree with. He wants to set it up for the states to do the dirty work. Cool, can't eliminate abortion across the board? Let's go one by one.

Whatever.

Here's my concern. Herman Cain. Total nutjob. His 9-9-9 plan would raise taxes on everyone but reduce for the rich. Step in the wrong direction, friend.

Suddenly, we get woman after woman saying he's a womanizer. Who cares? One person-his wife. Even with Clinton, the only problem he had was lying under oath about it. Fucking around is not a crime!

Where are they now? He's out of the race, so no one is handing out checks for stories. They be gone. Mission accomplished.

I don't need to tamper with votes. I can tamper with your minds. And in the primary race, the republicans have a vested interest in who wins. They(party leaders) know who they want to win. I'm not sure Romney would be the one I'd choose, but thats just me. This election will be DOA if you put up Mr. Socialized Medicine against Mr. Socialized Medicine.
As a quick aside, I personally loved how Herman Cain could totally be excused for several attempts at forcing himself on unwitting women...but was undone by a 13-year COMPLETELY CONSENTUAL extramarital relationship.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #241
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
bachmann drops out
About time.

That bitch cray.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #242
SFICC-03*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post

Whatever.

herman cain was a joke anyway long before that.
he spent his whole life in the private sector and knows nothing about politics.
999 was just his excuse and answer for everything that he didnt have a real answer for.
he said it was simple and not complicated, then when people asked him for specifics, he said you'd have to go read the details of the plan.
only thing simple about it was the gimmicky number scheme (possibly taken from sim city's default tax plan)
didnt you see the interview where he completely blanked out on the issue of libya?
you'll never see ron paul or obama doing that because they actually have a clue.
cant blame cain tho, life can be a challenge, life can be impossible, but its never easy when theres so much on the line.

Last edited by unit; 01-05-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #243

Rick Santorum wants to turn the USA into an official Christian state and to insure American Law matches the "higher law" of God

he doesn't want to let rape victims abort; wants to ban contraceptives; and outlaw gay marriages + he's guaranteeing he'll bomb Iran

now that the attention is on him i imagine he'll be dropping in the polls... hopefully

cnn opinion piece outlining much of it http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/05/opinio...ntorum-sharia/
Old 01-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #244
SFICC-03*

they all plan to bomb iran except paul
Old 01-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #245

I dare anyone to dispute his points .

Also heard that certain voting stations didn't even ask for ID to vote.
Quote:

Soldier in Trouble for Praising Ron Paul on National TV - ABC News

Last edited by Death2Theft; 01-05-2012 at 08:34 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #246
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
^ was just about to post that video. amazing.
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #247
SardaukarMod

OT: FB friend's video about the upcoming US election made it onto the Huffington Post.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1186527.html

2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post

Also heard that certain voting stations didn't even ask for ID to vote.
Some of the counties had less than 200 people vote and they had multiple poling stations. That's like 25 people per station. I'm pretty sure everyone knew everyone there. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone was related.

Look at Fermont county on the bottom left.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1182233.html
Old 01-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #249

Rules are there for a reason and I am talking about them not asking for ID for the first time. People were complaining about not having to show ID, that it wasn't this way the last time so they are changing the rules as they go.
Quote:
Some of the counties had less than 200 people vote and they had multiple poling stations. That's like 25 people per station. I'm pretty sure everyone knew everyone there. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone was related.

Look at Fermont county on the bottom left.

Iowa Caucus 2012 Results MAP (REAL-TIME DATA)
Old 01-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #250
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I didn't browse all 10 pages of this thread, but this video is relevant:
white_guilt is offline   Reply With Quote