REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #126
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,501 Times in 3,522 Posts
[quote=will068;7739815]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

Perhaps that's why he didn't get voted back then.

He probably does have records, but it's the best move for him to not expose his writers and just have consistent answers as he had before.
So it's best for him not to tell the truth?
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #127
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

You are really dumb, he has told the truth. Countless times you chose to ignore it and have no further arguement. Maybe throwing people under the bus is how the people you vote for chose to roll. He can man up and admit he made a mistake and not blame "drugs/rehab" like all these other morons you hear about in the media. What does dragging other people into the mud teach aside from having no responsibility. He has already apologized for printing that under his name. Clearly in your eyes standing up for the constitution is racist because it only applies to white people right?
He gave his answer the ethnic population has responded with giving him the highest number of votes. So are you going to be like an emotional woman who argues on emotion with no fact and logic and just chose to keep calling him racist? If thats the case I may as well ignore you now, however if you do with to bring up any new/real points to debate i'll gladly shut you down.

Last edited by Death2Theft; 12-27-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #128

Hey any time you want to put him up against bush jr on a iq test to see who can "run a country" I'm sure he wont back down if you can set it up. People dont always have to stay ignorant so there is hope for you yet.
Back then he was focused on being a doctor with the news letter being secondary. Now that he has his attention fully focused on one thing you better watch out.
[quote=Manic!;7739798]
Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post

Back when he was 56 years old. He couldn't run a news letter but thinks he can run a country.

Still don't have any names from him on who wrote the letters. If he paid them he should have some records.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #129
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:

So it's best for him not to tell the truth?
Best for him to take responsibility for the oversight as publisher (which he did) than drilling down to whoever he hired at that time and blaming them.

Btw, please fix your quotes when quoting me. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #130

Quote:
Best for him to take responsibility for the oversight as publisher (which he did) than drilling down to whoever he hired at that time and blaming them.

Btw, please fix your quotes when quoting me. Thanks.
So let's not find out who did it. You think that's a good way to run a country?
Old 12-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #131

Absolutely, because we then wouldn't be wasting time or tax dollars on shit that doesn't matter. Just like people shitting all over Clinton when he got busted on shit that had no bearing on running the country. Unlike then, we have way more important issues at hand and the constitution/liberty trumps ALL.
Quote:
Old 12-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #132
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

If black america benefit from Ron Paul being president, i'm sure they could care less about something he wrote 22 years ago. Finding out who did it doesn't always put the issue to rest. This is an extreme example, but take the assassination of JFK. Lee Harvey Oswald was apparently the lone gunman. To this day, there are ppl who doubt that and try to seek the truth. Chances are nobody will ever find out. Ron Paul could just as easily name a scapegoat but it wouldn't matter and it doesn't seem like something he would do. It's his honest character that has won so many ppl over imo.

*just wanted to add it's kinda fitting to mention jfk seeing how some view him as the last honest president who didn't work for the bankers.
LT Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #133
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

lol at all this over Ron Paul. Good luck becoming leader of the government you want to dismantle.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #134

So instead of promoting Ron Paul and his idea's in this thread all his supporters have been doing is defending him. Good luck winning a election.

I guess I have made my point.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:19 PM   #135

I am hardly defending him I've just shown my support x392048 times by saying he supports liberty and the constitution while you say he's a racist. I prove it doesn't matter to the ethnic groups he's won over and you still dont know when to shut up.
Quote:
So instead of promoting Ron Paul and his idea's in this thread all his supporters have been doing is defending him. Good luck winning a election.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #136
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Quote:
all you've been doing is ignoring what's said and continuing on and on with your view that he's a racist..... even if its refuted you continue.....

unless your point was to show that you're thickheaded

:P
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #137
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:

If you want to think of it that way, then you could also think about it as one guy who doesn't really give a shit trying to derail the process just to prove that the people who care about it actually care about it enough to try and argue their side to someone who isn't actually listening.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
all you've been doing is ignoring what's said and continuing on and on with your view that he's a racist..... even if its refuted you continue.....

unless your point was to show that you're thickheaded

:P
And you think the American public is smart? Newt was on CNN and he bought up the issue too. None of the media and none of the politicians are going to stop attacking in on this issue. Even if he gets elected president nothing will happen because he will get no support from the house or senate. Non of the other politicians on either side like him. That's why he has a real hard time getting support and co-signers for any of his bills. He can sit in the white house twiddling his thumbs.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #139

on the front page of bbcnews' website is a story about ron paul impressive

BBC News - Republicans attack rival Ron Paul in Iowa

if he gets the presidency he can just push through whatever he wants even if the senate etc dont agree with him thats what Bush did

Obama can too but he doesnt want to for some odd reason and thats what makes him look weak (but if he did push things through they'll use that against him too)

Quote:
Ms Bachmann's own Iowa campaign suffered a major setback, as its manager Kent Sorenson resigned and endorsed Mr Paul.

"When the Republican establishment is going to be coming after Ron Paul, I thought it is my duty to come to his aid," Mr Sorenson said, quoted by Reuters news agency.

Wednesday's Public Policy Polling survey found Mr Paul leading in Iowa on 24%, ahead of Mr Romney on 20% and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich third on 13%.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #140

Quote:
on the front page of bbcnews' website is a story about ron paul impressive

BBC News - Republicans attack rival Ron Paul in Iowa

if he gets the presidency he can just push through whatever he wants even if the senate etc dont agree with him thats what Bush did

Obama can too but he doesnt want to for some odd reason and thats what makes him look weak (but if he did push things through they'll use that against him too)

Separation of powers under the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Congress has the sole power to legislate for the United States. Under the nondelegation doctrine, Congress may not delegate its lawmaking responsibilities to any other agency. In this vein, the Supreme Court held in the 1998 case Clinton v. City of New York that Congress could not delegate a "line-item veto" to the President, bypowers vested in the government by the Constitution.

Also: legislative process of the United States, where a two-thirds vote in both the House and Senate may override a Presidential veto of legislation.

Bush had support from the republicans.

The congress can make a low. If Ron Paul dosn't like it he can veto it. But the congress can overturn the veto with 2/3 support.

The congress can also impeach the president.

Ron Paul would be a lame duck president. Being president does not make you got.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #141

bush introduce special powers for the president that would allow them to bypass all that

something about congress being unconstitutional if it had powers over the president blah blah blah
Old 12-29-2011, 12:37 AM   #142

Quote:
bush introduce special powers for the president that would allow them to bypass all that

something about congress being unconstitutional if it had powers over the president blah blah blah
Blah Blah Blah. Need more info than that. Again 2/3rds majority can overturn any presidential veto. They can also keep sending the same bill to the president to sign. Without support from the congress the president will have a hard time doing anything.

About the Presidential Veto

A presidential veto is the rejection of a bill passed by the majority votes of both the House of Representatives and the Senate. While Congress can vote to override a presidential veto, causing the bill to become law without the president's approval, this is rarely done. More often than not, the threat of presidential veto is sufficient motivation for Congress to modify the bill prior to its final passage. This article provides a brief overview of procedures involved in vetoing a bill and the ways Congress can respond to a presidential veto.

The Veto Process

When a bill is passed by both the House and Senate, it is sent to the president for his signature. All bills and joint resolutions, except those proposing amendments to the Constitution, must be signed by the president before they become law. Amendments to the Constitution, which require a two-thirds vote of approval in each chamber, are sent directly to the states for ratification. When presented with legislation passed by both houses of Congress, the president is constitutionally required to act on it in one of four ways: sign it into law within the 10-day period prescribed in the Constitution, issue a regular veto, let the bill become law without his signature or issue a "pocket" veto.

Regular veto
When Congress is in session, the president may, within the 10-day period, exercise a regular veto by sending the unsigned bill back to the chamber of Congress from which it originated along with a veto message stating his reasons for rejecting it. Currently, the president must veto the bill in its entirety. He may not veto individual provisions of the bill while approving others. Rejecting individual provisions of a bill is called a "line-item" veto. In 1996, Congress passed a law granting President Clinton the power to issue line-item vetoes, only to have the Supreme Court declare it unconstitutional in 1998.

Bill becomes law without president's signature
When Congress is not adjourned, and the president fails to either sign or veto a bill sent to him by the end of the 10-day period, it becomes law without his signature.

The pocket veto
When Congress is adjourned, the president can reject a bill by simply refusing to sign it. This action is known as a "pocket veto," coming from the analogy of the president simply putting the bill in his pocket and forgetting about it. Unlike a regular veto, Congress has neither the opportunity or constitutional authority to override a pocket veto.

How Congress responds to a veto

When the President returns a bill to the chamber of Congress from which it came, along with his objections in the form of a veto message, that chamber is constitutionally required to "reconsider" the bill. The Constitution is silent, however, on the meaning of "reconsideration." According to the Congressional Research Service, procedure and tradition govern the treatment of vetoed bills. "On receipt of the vetoed bill, the President's veto message is read into the journal of the receiving house. After entering the message into the journal, the House of Representatives or the Senate complies with the constitutional requirement to 'reconsider' by laying the measure on the table (essentially stopping further action on it), referring the bill to committee, postponing consideration to a certain day, or immediately voting on reconsideration (vote on override)."

Overriding a veto
Action by both the House and the Senate is required to override a presidential veto. A two-thirds majority vote of the Members present is required to override a presidential veto. If one house fails to override a veto, the other house does not attempt to override, even if the votes are present to succeed. The House and Senate may attempt to override a veto anytime during the Congress in which the veto is issued. Should both houses of Congress successfully vote to override a presidential veto, the bill becomes law. According the the Congressional Research service, from 1789 through 2004, only 106 of 1,484 regular presidential vetoes were overridden by Congress.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:06 AM   #143

http://www.google.ca/search?q=bush+bypasses+congress&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
http://www.google.ca/search?q=bush+bypasses+senate&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
Old 12-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #144

That's to make appointments. The congress could have stopped him if they wanted to. The can also impeach presidents.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:19 AM   #145

Bush asserts authority to bypass defense act - The Boston Globe

there are other things listed if you go through the search results

its not simply to make judicial appointments...
Old 12-29-2011, 02:41 AM   #146

Quote:
His organization probably knows who wrote it. Being the chief executive/head of the organization, it is his duty to take blame.

Just like any other head of an organization, the sole responsibility of blame or praise is directed towards the top executive - especially the negative outcomes. In this case, yes it is an excellent way to run an organization when you don't use scapegoats.

Now is it best for his campaign to go public on the subordinate who wrote the actual paper or the lower level editors who let this pass ? If you do a cost/benefit analysis on this, it's best to just be consistent with what RP's been saying all along. He acknowledges the mistake, and disavows the message. He also has the most organized campaign out of all the GOP candidates, I'm sure this tells you that he's improved his organizational and leadership skills over the years. But to some, this still may not be enough improvement.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #147

Quote:
His organization probably knows who wrote it.
I know too. The guys name was Ron Paul.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:00 AM   #148

Quote:
And you think the American public is smart? Newt was on CNN and he bought up the issue too. None of the media and none of the politicians are going to stop attacking in on this issue. Even if he gets elected president nothing will happen because he will get no support from the house or senate. Non of the other politicians on either side like him. That's why he has a real hard time getting support and co-signers for any of his bills. He can sit in the white house twiddling his thumbs.
When the public sees this, they will vote for senators and congressmen/women who will align themselves to his values.

If you he gets elected president, this means a large chunk of people align themselves with his vision. This would translate in who the public will vote 2 years down the line for congress and senate.

Do you know why Obama's support has decreased. It's because he backed down on what he promised during his campaign. Not because he pursued and was rejected by the house in the issues he was proposing, but he acted upon on the opposite of what he promised in 2008.

Obama wanted to make wall street execs pay ? Did he ? No? Did he even try ? No. Instead, he hired the very same people who advised in orchestrating the deregulation of rules that were placed since after the depression. The same regulations that were placed to prevent a financial depression.

Did Obama close down guantanamo like he promised ? No. Did he end the war on Iraq ? The fucking troops are still there dying for NOTHING. The soldiers are not saving America, democracy, or fighting for freedom. They are being lead by a government that wants to steal resources from overseas.

The scary thing is, if you talk to some Americans, they would agree that stealing resources from oversees is their right. That is a fucking scary thought. That's why you have GOP candidates who focusing on Iran. If we really love freedom, why won't the USA invade North Korea and have South Korea help out ? Well, there's no money to be made in it.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:27 AM   #149

Since Manic feels we need some RP fist pumping going on.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #150

Hey if Obama can go to war without the approval of senate or house..... Along with all his "executive order" crap. I'm sure RP could use those powers for good as well.
Quote:

Last edited by Death2Theft; 12-29-2011 at 05:39 AM.