REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:38 AM   #301
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Well being bible thumping lunatics that should be HILAROUS, the amount of fraud going on because they would never support someone who leaves his first wife while she suffers from MS and meets his second wife while the first one is suffering. Then he leaves the second wife when she has cancer and tells an aide that she is too old and ugly to be a presidents wife anyways and he needs something younger and hotter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
SC wouldn't care. They're bible-thumping hicks. They're the kinds of people who hear about censorship of the internet and get all happy 'cause all them child-raping job-leeching internet-peoples is finally gonna get whut they disurv.
Advertisement

Last edited by Death2Theft; 01-23-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #302
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Well being bible thumping lunatics that should be HILAROUS the amount of fraud going on because they would never support someone who leaves his first wife while she suffers from MS and meets his second wife while the first one is suffering. Then he leaves the second wife when she has cancer and tells an aide that she is too old and ugly to be a presidents wife anyways and he needs something younger and hotter.
And they say politicians lie.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #303
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,040 Posts
Quote:
It honestly amazes me that there is no huge outcry about voter fraud. Like...how can people not get pissed off about the ultimate perversion of democracy?
what democracy? i lost all hope in democracy when bush pulled the ultimate voter fraud in florida in 2000.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #304
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,405 Times in 590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
what democracy?
Exactly. The United States is almost as un-democratic as it gets. It's a closet dictatorship.

The Republican primary's are unbelievable to watch. Ron Paul presents common sense which is completely unheard of in American politics. As for the other candidates, nowhere else have I seen and heard so much bullshit spewed by people who would otherwise be classified as bigot's, irrational, and downright retarded. But they're politicians, so it's OK.... and people actually vote for them!?

God bless America
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #305
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
Exactly. The United States is almost as un-democratic as it gets. It's a closet dictatorship.
Technically it is a Republic, not a true Democracy. Thus why even 51% of the vote isn't enough to change some laws/constitutionally rights.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #306
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
what democracy? i lost all hope in democracy when fox news pulled the ultimate voter fraud in florida in 2000.
Fixed
Posted via RS Mobile
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #307
My homepage has been set to RS

Major news networks cannot stand Ron Paul, and I cannot stand major news networks so I support Ron Paul.
D@N@ B@SH is a piece of ****

4doorVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #308
SFICC-03*

Quote:
Fixed
Posted via RS Mobile
"first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" -Ghandi

the problem is, in the USA, once they fight you, you lose. the moment you fight back you get detained. even if you're fighting peacefully. the constitution that was meant to protect people from government, is now twisted to empower the government and disarm the people.

can you imagine if the american people tried to overturn their government like in egypt? the demonstration would be ended swiftly.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #309
SFICC-03*

almost forgot to mention about the whole citizens united stuff.
these super pacs are just way out of control.

unlimited funding for support/attack ads, as long as you dont coordinate with the candidate?
is this the american ultimate expression of free speech?
since when are corporations allowed free speech? since they are considered people?
really sad world we live in.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #310
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,405 Times in 590 Posts
Quote:
really sad country Americans live in.
Fixed.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #311
SFICC-03*

disagree.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #312
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Quote:
almost forgot to mention about the whole citizens united stuff.
these super pacs are just way out of control.

unlimited funding for support/attack ads, as long as you dont coordinate with the candidate?
is this the american ultimate expression of free speech?
since when are corporations allowed free speech? since they are considered people?

what's worse is super pacs don't have to release info of who their donors are... so you could technically have foreign donators (which isn't allowed) driving which candidate they support
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #313
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #314

Lolz look at how Manic sneaking in the fails because he's got nothing but BS to spew. If he dares post in here again i'll just bring up his "fair and square" post.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #315
SFICC-03*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
it was a rhetorical question but thank you
Old 01-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #316
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Mitt Romney's newly released tax returns represent an extraordinary accounting of the household finances and corporate investments of one of the richest U.S. presidential candidates in generations, with an annual income that tops $20 million.

How the details of Romney's extensive wealth will play among Republicans, rivals, the media and the American public started to emerge Tuesday, as more than 500 pages from a 2010 tax return and a 2011 estimate spilled revelations about his holdings, tax strategies and charitable donations.

The details will make it even harder for Romney to fight the Democrats' charge that he is out of touch with normal Americans as he fights for the chance to challenge President Barack Obama in November's election.

Romney's income puts him in the top 0.006 per cent of Americans, based on the most recent Internal Revenue Service data, from 2009. He could be worth up to $250 million, based on previously released financial information.

The returns released Tuesday outline the complex tactics used to reduce his effective tax rate close to the one paid by many middle-class Americans. New details include Romney's continuing profits from the private equity firm he no longer runs, a Swiss bank account closed as Romney launched his campaign and investment funds set up in offshore locations, from the Caribbean to Ireland and Luxembourg.

The documents came out as Obama prepared to deliver his State of the Union message, in which he is expected to talk about economic fairness in a country where the recent Occupy protest movement against inequality coined the term "the 1 per cent" for the very rich.

Romney's advisers stressed that he met all his federal tax obligations, provided maximum transparency and did not take advantage of "aggressive" strategies often used by the ultra-rich. Still, for millions of American taxpayers, Romney's returns provide a window into an unfamiliar world.

"The average American has a hard time understanding their own two-page tax return, let alone Gov. Romney's 200-page return," said Joseph Bankman, a Stanford University professor of business and law who has testified to Congress on tax issues. "What would jump out at anyone is the sheer amount of money and low tax rate he pays, as well as the enormous complexity of his financial transactions."

Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, paid about $3 million in federal income taxes in 2010 on an income of $21.7 million. He gave nearly $3 million to charity, about half of that to the Mormon Church, which helped lower his effective tax rate to a modest 14 per cent. His charitable giving is above average, even for someone at his income level.

Asked during TV interviews Tuesday about Romney's tax rate, White House adviser David Plouffe said: "We need to change our tax code so that everybody is doing their fair share."

Romney's Republican rivals had no immediate comment. Top rival Newt Gingrich released his 2010 returns Thursday, showing he paid almost $1 million in income taxes, a tax rate of about 31 per cent. This would mean Gingrich earned just over $3 million in 2010."

Romney had long refused to disclose any federal tax returns, then hinted he would offer a single year's return in April. But criticism from his rivals and a hard loss in last week's South Carolina primary forced his hand.

For 2011, Romney will pay about $3.2 million with an effective tax rate of about 15.4 per cent, the campaign said.

___

Associated Press writers Kasie Hunt reported from Tampa and Stephen Ohlemacher from Washington
cliffs:

Romney earned over $20million in each 2010 and 2011
is worth $250million
is in the 0.006%
pays 14% income tax, similar to middle class americans
lots of his money is offshore
his tax return was 200 pages long. most americans have a 2 page long return
Gingrich made $3million in 2010 and paid 31% income tax
Old 01-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #317
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts

'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #318
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

HAHA^^^^

I support Ron Paul 100% Its nice to see people think the same. Too many fallow the idiot media and uninformed people puts a sour taste in my mouth.

I've been listening to coast to coast am for a decade now. They have always been advocating Dr. Paul as well as Alex Jones and the like.
Orca Bay Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #319

Unfortunately Americans dont see things that way.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #320

Bit of a long video..

Ron Paul interviewed back in 2008 about the Federal Reserve, and how the US dollar is no longer backed by gold..but backed by printing even more money out of thin air....devaluating the dollar more and more each time with inflation
Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Unfortunately Americans dont see things that way.

They are slowly waking up
Old 01-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #322
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Snoop supports Ron Paul.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #323
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,500 Times in 3,522 Posts
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80U04220120131

The rapper and marijuana enthusiast appeared to grant his endorsement to GOP candidate Paul on his Facebook page late Monday, posting a picture of Paul with the headline "Smoke Weed Everyday." Snoop Dogg -- born Calvin Broadus -- included the message "Because I said so" with his post.

Broadus -- whose most recent marijuana-related arrest occurred earlier this month, at the Texas border town of Sierra Blanca -- is presumably drawn to Paul due to the libertarian-leaning candidate's stance on drugs. Paul, an advocate of smaller federal government, was a co-sponsor of the States' Rights to Medical Marijuana Act, and supports the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:16 AM   #324
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Florida Results on CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

results for ron Paul 116,776 7% he didnt campaign there since only the winner gets any delegates but 116k votes is still good considering

hmm (for not having him in that results window)

Last edited by StylinRed; 02-01-2012 at 02:22 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #325
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,500 Times in 3,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Florida Results on CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

results for ron Paul 116,776 7% he didnt campaign there since only the winner gets any delegates but 116k votes is still good considering

hmm (for not having him in that results window)
You don't see the guy who came in 4th at the Olympics get on the podium do you?