REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #276
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Watching the South Carolina debate at the moment, the American lemmings are hilarious.

Rick Santorum responded to the question, what are your thoughts on Apple's 500k employees in China and only 46k in America, he declared that under his administration those jobs would return to America. Never, ever, will Americans be willing to work in Foxconn level factories. Republicans, democrats, independents, none of them will ever bring that type of manufacturing business back to American soil. If Macbooks were made in America, they would start at $5k.

Ron Paul actually recognized that in his response, instead of spewing pure rhetoric.
Advertisement

Last edited by MindBomber; 01-21-2012 at 06:52 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #277
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
I cant believe gingrich won in SC rofl Americans

he slaughtered everyone else too
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #278
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
How fcuking dumb are Americans? Really? How fcuking dumb are they?
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #279
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
well, I don't think Paul is going to get the nomination.

In that scenario, I would rather see Gingrich than Romney. I'm picking a lesser of two evils thing here.

Gingrich comes across as kind of angry, yes, but he's been there. I think he knows how to get shit done. The budget surplus in the 90's was his doing, not Clinton's.

Romney comes across like an old school, republican rich white man douche.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #280

romney ran MA quite well though as governor
Old 01-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #281
Wanna have a threesome?

I think Santorum will bow out and pass along his votes to Romney.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #282

If you really study newty you'd see he's way worse than anything else out there. Guy is a flat out power tripping egomaniac. Which is funny because the neocons just might get the chance to see what happens when you elect someone who not only thinks he's greater than you, but also thinks your too stupid to know what to do so he should tell you what to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
well, I don't think Paul is going to get the nomination.

In that scenario, I would rather see Gingrich than Romney. I'm picking a lesser of two evils thing here.

Gingrich comes across as kind of angry, yes, but he's been there. I think he knows how to get shit done. The budget surplus in the 90's was his doing, not Clinton's.

Romney comes across like an old school, republican rich white man douche.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #283
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

CNN's Post Debate coverage name drops:
Romney....87 times
Gingrich....82 times
Santorum..76 times
Ron Paul....1 time

CNN's Debate Winner Poll:
Paul........42%
Romney..29%
Gingrich..18%
Santorum12%
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #284
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
^ I'm not calling you out but do you happen to have a link for those numbers so I might share this elsewhere?
Old 01-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #285
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaupunkt69 View Post
^ I'm not calling you out but do you happen to have a link for those numbers so I might share this elsewhere?
I can't find it, but Ron Paul talks about it near the end of this clip:

Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #286
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
If you really study newty you'd see he's way worse than anything else out there. Guy is a flat out power tripping egomaniac. Which is funny because the neocons just might get the chance to see what happens when you elect someone who not only thinks he's greater than you, but also thinks your too stupid to know what to do so he should tell you what to do.
Yeah, I pick up on that, really, anytime he talks really. You ask him a question, and he doesn't just spin the question into a talking point, but berate you for asking it. As if you should just ask him about his talking points, so he doesn't need to spin the question to get there.

I don't like Romney. Sure, he's probably qualified and knows what he's doing and would make a perfectly reasonable president.

Great.

I don't think the US needs him. I haven't really sat there and read through each candidate that much. Usually, I just write off the GOP as a party of nutbags and hope the democrat wins so "we" don't go to war with anyone available in the first term.

I look at the debate, and despite Gingrich's flaws, I do get the perception that he is at least trying to talk straight. McCain had that as well. I know, its rehearsed inside out and backwards, but its that perception.

With Romney, I get schmoozer. That guy is the Chuck Norris of political face.

Don't know if he wants to run the country, or sell me a high mileage Buick.

I don't think he'll fare well against Obama. Can't really run against Obamacare when its child program "romneycare" is out there. He's from a liberal state. Obama's team is sitting there just waiting for him to get the nomination. It will be those fucking swift boats all over again.

I think this is the first election where I hope the republican wins it. I really think that Obama has not done a good job. He crashed the WH with huge support, and people thinking he could cure cancer with his smile, and then...oh look, he's the same as everyone else.

He can talk a good talk, but can't walk the walk.

Everyone looks back at Bill Clinton as a really good president. I think he did well, and honestly, I think he got a lot of mileage out of work completed by the republican house and senate. The thing with Clinton, is he seemed to be getting things done, and then was a little charming for the people on the side. With Obama, I get the impression that its charm first, "oh look, BHO can sing Al Green!" and very little substance on the job.

This is so much fun. I could talk this shit all day. Great thread! US p[olitics is so much more entertaining than ours.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #287

The only guy who isn't pro war is RP but you knew that.
Bill Clinton "did" well but he is also a complete scumbag, he is the one that got rid of glas stegal act. Allowing brokerage banks to screw around with non invester money.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #288
Wanna have a threesome?

I think Obama has a good chance of winning.

Romney would be a difficult candidate to elect since obamacare and romneycare are so similar and that's a major sticking point for the nutbag conservatives. Gingrich just self implodes when he's given to many opportunities to speak and is not overly well liked as a person.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #289
SiRVs up, dude

^ amazing to see that Obama still has more money than all the republican candidates combined

The 2012 Money Race: Compare the Candidates - Campaign Finance - Election 2012 - NYTimes.com
Old 01-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #290
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
^ amazing to see that Obama still has more money than all the republican candidates combined

The 2012 Money Race: Compare the Candidates - Campaign Finance - Election 2012 - NYTimes.com
Not that surprising. Obama is the Democratic candidate--he's going to be running for president. Once the Republicans stop the infighting and decide on a single candidate, his funds will shoot up pretty high pretty quick.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #291
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I think Obama has a good chance of winning.

Romney would be a difficult candidate to elect since obamacare and romneycare are so similar and that's a major sticking point for the nutbag conservatives. Gingrich just self implodes when he's given to many opportunities to speak and is not overly well liked as a person.
I think Obama is in a good position. Getting rid of an incumbant is an uphill battle.

I honestly can't say if he's locked in on winning. He'll most definitely not have the same support as 2008. That's for sure.

So can they pick off enough swing states, and independent voters to knock him out? I think its possible. He's running against a do nothing congress, and I think that will speak to a lot of people. But that can be a double edged sword, as people, like myself, could argue that he really hasn't put anything compelling before congress to do anything.

Everyone remembers the jobs bill..pass it. Pass it now. You should pass it, right away.

It was crap! He made the statement that it was going to be paid for. Bullshit. He was paying for it by asking the super committee to make extra cuts to cover the extra 500 billion. They couldn't even agree on their original mandate.

So I look and see a republican house that is purely out to say no to democrats, and purely acting on political points, but I see a democrat senate that passed a shit health care bill and some shit economic reforms that will do nothing to either stimulate, or protect the economy.

They managed to hand a small fortune to banks, and nationalized a couple of car companies.

To what end? GM today isn't any better than GM of before. They cut some union contracts, but handed them an ownership stake. There's a sweet heart deal for union supporters.

So, to tie this in with the subject at hand...I really don't think Romney or Gingrich is a real question. Apples and more apples. They ain't Obama. That's their pitch.

So, in choices so far, we have Obama playing oranges, romney and Gingrich as different flavours of apples and Ron Paul playing the role of a fruit roll-up. Just completely different.

Now, here's the question...a fruit roll up isn't necessarily bad, but I don't think now is the time to completely revolutionize the country.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #292
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
the presidential race makes me not want to live on this planet anymore
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #293
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Every time I watch any politician speak, I feel like all their answers are rehearsed with a team of handlers telling them how they should answer everything to get a certain angle on a subset of voters.

When Ron Paul speaks, I never doubt that what he's saying is reasoned with his own head and worded how he wants to word it, not some bunch of advisors telling him how he can appeal to housewives or teamsters or whatever.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #294

Either SC was vote fraud or people don't know that newt supports internet censorship
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #295
The Lone Wanderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Either SC was vote fraud or people don't know that newt supports internet censorship
Posted via RS Mobile
SC wouldn't care. They're bible-thumping hicks. They're the kinds of people who hear about censorship of the internet and get all happy 'cause all them child-raping job-leeching internet-peoples is finally gonna get whut they disurv.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #296
Wanna have a threesome?

Classic politician, Newt's opinions are ever evolving and changing

A few days ago Newt said, he does not support censoring the internet and if companies feel that they have had there copyrights infringed upon they should pursue individual offenders on their own.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #297

The bailouts the car companies got was to move all the plants off shore further reducing jobs and increasing third profits on the taxpayers dollar. How do you like that? Tax payers on the hook for more debt that also takes jobs away from them.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by Death2Theft; 01-23-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #298

voter fraud detected in South Carolina

953 votes were found so far that were cast by deceased citizens

local news links
http://www.wtoc.com/story/16571904/s...-for-primaries
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...live-not-dead/
Old 01-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #299
The Lone Wanderator

It honestly amazes me that there is no huge outcry about voter fraud. Like...how can people not get pissed off about the ultimate perversion of democracy?
Old 01-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #300
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
It honestly amazes me that there is no huge outcry about voter fraud. Like...how can people not get pissed off about the ultimate perversion of democracy?
People do get pissed off but it gets pushed aside by public media and thus public "interest" in due time.

As someone who lived in America, I actively recognize myself as American (even though I was born in Vancouver) and am Conservative (personal views, not "Republican"): these primaries make me sick.

Ron Paul, albeit not perfect, is the only hope remaining. After the middle tier of primaries are over - it'll be Paul, Gingrich and Romney remaining. Romney will win a couple big states and a majority of the delegates to go on and lose to Obama.