REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2012 Jeremy Lin Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/663106-official-2012-jeremy-lin-thread.html)

subordinate 02-15-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 7797950)
Lin only 10 pts tonight, and sitting out now.
Is he done for the night I guess?

This is a blow out game tough.

you forgot to mention 13 assists....lol

NLY 02-15-2012 05:40 PM

Knicks will be fine when Carmelo comes back as long as Novak/Fields/Chandler keep playing well. Any double teams for Lin, Stoudemire or Melo will result in shooters from the perimeter being wide open. Novak hits threes like free throws and Fields can shoot pretty well.

Chandler/STAT/Melo/Shumpert/Lin -> freaky athletic lineup

Novak, Fields, Bibby, Walker, Douglas and Jeffries can contribute

Knicks need a defensive Big man off the bench who will just play defense and rebound (Think Reggie Evans)

I've loved the knicks since Allan Houston and Spreewell were a problem. The atmosphere at MSG is amazing, every game feels like the playoffs and you can't help but stay standing and cheer them on.

wuuhoo 02-15-2012 05:40 PM

10 pts 13 rebs and 5 reb in 26mins is good :p

DanHibiki 02-15-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinamix (Post 7797952)
mods please change the title!

more likes mods merge the two threads or close one of them

wuuhoo 02-15-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizo (Post 7797959)
Knicks will be fine when Carmelo comes back as long as Novak/Fields/Chandler keep playing well. Any double teams for Lin, Stoudemire or Melo will result in shooters from the perimeter being wide open. Novak hits threes like free throws and Fields can shoot pretty well.

Im interested to see how Melo will play in the 4th quarters. I doubt he will get much touches since NY has so many more weapons like you mentioned.

NY will be fine if Anthony doesn't complain about his stats

Not really racist! 02-15-2012 05:52 PM

Another win for the Knicks

Career assist night for Lin

NLY 02-15-2012 05:54 PM

D'Antoni's systems all require a serviceable point guard that can shoot, pass and penetrate.(think Nash on the suns) Pick and roll up top, and spread the floor. Teams will have to double team/collapse on someone which means someone will be open.

Players lose athleticism over time and production drops, B-Ball IQ is something you can't teach and will age well for extensive years.

jack_dangerous 02-15-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k20er (Post 7797826)
so how does one become a fan? I am pretty sure 50% of the people like myself started as "band-wagon fans" learned the sport and began to love it. I encourage my friends to watch and participate and like myself they became fans too, now we have nba nights or nhl nights to hang out and enjoy the game and the company.

The type of band-wagoner I'm talking about is... never watched a basketball game ever, maybe even never played it, blowing up status updates about linsanity and starting off conversations with " oh i was just finishing watching the knicks game.." The only reason everyone is cheering is because he's chinese taipei, if he was afro american or somthin this thread would never exist

bballguy 02-15-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizo (Post 7797959)
Knicks need a defensive Big man off the bench who will just play defense and rebound (Think Reggie Evans)

Pryzbilla is making a come-back; though I heard he's weighing offers to sign with either the Heat or the Bulls.

DanHibiki 02-15-2012 06:04 PM

^so do you find this hype, lintolerable?
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/e...png?1298459960

Sir_Loin 02-15-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 7797979)
Pryzbilla is making a come-back; though I heard he's weighing offers to sign with either the Heat or the Bulls.

Greg Ostertag is in the D-league right now after "retiring" 4 seasons ago lol. I remember him being a decent defender with Utah but he's soo slow.

Mike Oxbig 02-15-2012 06:24 PM

the word bandwagon shouldnt even be used to put others down... since we all are here witnessing LIN-sanity because hes asian.

NLY 02-15-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 7797979)

He would definitely help strengthen the front court with chandler. I remember him posting solid 10/8 + 1 block averages on Portland.

The Knicks have a great coach and tons of valuable pieces, it's going to be an exciting post-season (yeah I said it :fuckyea:)

wuuhoo 02-15-2012 06:36 PM

But thats the whole point. Lin would have so many options to choose to win the game. So why rely on Melo? if melo can take a step back from the spotlight and share the ball, like I said, the knicks will be fine.

If melo doesnt share in the 4th, then the ball rotation stops and it becomes a half court game in which the knicks system wont last (think how the spurs kept on beating the suns back then)

Dont get me wrong, I like anthony and want the NYK to succeed. But i rather see it with my own eyes than hear it from reports ( in which he proclaims he do this and that)

NLY 02-15-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuuhoo (Post 7798033)
If melo doesnt share in the 4th, then the ball rotation stops and it becomes a half court game in which the knicks system wont last (think how the spurs kept on beating the suns back then)

Carmelo will score on most players one-on-one, throw another guy at him and you're in trouble.

You go to remember that Carmelo is an all star and he will command the defense's attention whether or not he has the ball. He's a smart player if you remember his syracuse days, he would score TONS of off backdoor cuts and off the ball jumpers. On Denver he was giving the reigns as their superstar so you can't blame him bringing that mentality to the Knicks. The Denver nuggets basically gave Carmelo the ball and he could do whatever he wants. Pair him up with a guy that can get him the ball where ever he wants without double/triple teams, Carmelo will score most of the time.

Carmelo is a very important asset regardless if he's putting up points or not. He is one of the quickest forwards in the game and can definitely hold his own against stars like Lebron/Kobe. Once Carmelo gets the ball and penetrates he's an excellent finisher or he'll find someone open for a jumper whether it be Lin, Novak, Fields, Shumpert or Bibby.

The main problem is Amare. He's got to stop taking jumpers, get his ass in the paint and rebound. There is NO excuse for him to average less than 10 rebounds.

You've got a hard-nose defensive minded center in Chandler, All-star calibre forward in Amare, a terror on the perimeter and in the paint Carmelo, an athletic slashing guard like Shumpert and a point guard with a high basketball IQ in Lin.

Success

twitchyzero 02-15-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack_dangerous (Post 7797976)
The only reason everyone is cheering is because he's chinese taipei, if he was afro american or somthin this thread would never exist

i think you are missing the point.

yes race is a big thing here, but that's probably the reason why he was undrafted in teh first place. So to see an underdog story unfold and still being so humble about it (giving credits to his team and his belief) after such a hot streak warrants all this attention.

side note...he's always lived in the US...dont know why you mentioned chinese taipei as if he's in a baseball team.

Mike Oxbig 02-15-2012 06:53 PM

Has anyone bought any knicks merchandise yet?

Vansterdam 02-15-2012 07:01 PM

lol waiting for massive shipment of fake lin jerseys to arrive from china :troll:

sexyaccord 02-15-2012 07:07 PM

went to champs the other day, they had no Lin merchandise

bing 02-15-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

The type of band-wagoner I'm talking about is... never watched a basketball game ever, maybe even never played it, blowing up status updates about linsanity and starting off conversations with " oh i was just finishing watching the knicks game.." The only reason everyone is cheering is because he's chinese taipei, if he was afro american or somthin this thread would never exist

people who actually have something going for them in life probably wouldn't waste time to care about something so trivial. Why does it even matter? seriously

KuSouL 02-15-2012 07:28 PM

i'm so glad i caught the raptors game last night ~ place went crazy after he sunk that 3

TheKingdom2000 02-15-2012 07:31 PM

You know what pisses me off.
These types of facebook updates...

"I'm sick of hearing all this stuff about Lin, he's good, but hasn't proven anything"
Coming from people I KNOW who do not watch bball.

It's like wtf do you know? I mean I would say i'm a bandwagoner, but I probably spent the last week familiarizing myself with Lin. I was watching his highlights from early on in the year and he was playing well when he got his shot.
The reason he broke out was because of all the injuries on the knicks. It worked out perfectly.

I think people should give Lin credit where credit is due. The fact is he's in the NBA, off the bench, dropping 20+ points a game, 38 points against KOBE and the Lakers, has completely energized his team, the country, the world, and has lead his team to 6 straight wins. Yet, everyone is down playing his stats.
I mean come the fcuk on. Some people just want to bring people down when they're on top.

Yes, I know he's young and he turns the ball over. But, come on, he deserves every bit of press he's getting. This kid is changing the game of basketball whether you like it or not.

Nightwalker 02-15-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

I'm a bandwagoner, u mad bro? I could give a fuck about him being asian though, I'm not asian and hardly know anyone that is.

He's exciting to watch, and the underdog out-of-nowhere aspect puts the icing on the cake.

TheKingdom2000 02-15-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwalker (Post 7798107)
I'm not asian and hardly know anyone that is.

At first I was like :suspicious:
Then I looked at your location :considered:

Obsideon 02-15-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Earl (Post 7797891)
Will you be showing knicks game at ebisu? :smug:

YES! I am a huge NBA fan (plus lots of customers have been asking anyway) so I will be playing all the games. Actually I always have been lol and if you request surround sound audio for your sporting needs, it shall be done! :accepted: