REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Discuss your Favourite Beer(s). (https://www.revscene.net/forums/667196-discuss-your-favourite-beer-s.html)

Jmac 11-12-2019 04:36 PM

Hoyne Pilsner is my current go-to

Hondaracer 11-12-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expresso (Post 8966156)
Kind of over the whole fresh hops thing.

Yea seems like the hype has died down. Last years Sartori was one of the best IPA’s I’ve maybe ever had, this years though was just skunked out, didn’t even finish the couple bottles I had

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gallardo (Post 8966158)
Is the Hermannator available in stores right now?

Not yet I believe but should be shortly

320icar 11-12-2019 06:51 PM

I’ve been off beer for a while (spent all my money on the car LOL haven’t bought beer for a while). I have a very strong dislike for any IPA but now it’s the season for Stouts!!! My time to shine.

320icar 11-13-2019 03:14 PM

Ever since I bumped this thread and posted about Stella Artois, I’m getting non-stop YouTube ads for Stella.

Fuck right off m8

StanleyR 11-13-2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8966181)
I’ve been off beer for a while (spent all my money on the car LOL haven’t bought beer for a while). I have a very strong dislike for any IPA but now it’s the season for Stouts!!! My time to shine.

:fuckyea:

Expresso 11-14-2019 08:28 AM

Speaking of IPAs, I'll pretty much drink anything from Twinsails and Superflux :lol

roastpuff 11-14-2019 09:51 AM

Tried the Jubelale, some chocolate and coffee notes, some caramel, otherwise it was unremarkable.

Hondaracer 11-14-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expresso (Post 8966368)
Speaking of IPAs, I'll pretty much drink anything from Twinsails and Superflux :lol

Twinsails Dat Juice is a great beer. I don’t really care for many of their others though

Expresso 11-14-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8966402)
Twinsails Dat Juice is a great beer. I don’t really care for many of their others though

You might like Arcade Glow, prefer it over Dat Juice.

320icar 11-14-2019 04:44 PM

I was sooo disappointed with twin sails Horchata stout...

604dragon 11-16-2019 12:00 AM

If you like IPAS that are a bit higher percentage (9.2%), i recommend trying the parallel 49 toques of hazard double white IPA. It only comes in single tall cans but is quite smooth for a higher percentage. A few of those and youll be feeling great

320icar 11-30-2022 02:13 PM

Necro bump

So a few years my local had 750mL stella Artois bottles and I loved them. A nice cork etc, it just felt good to drink in the winter. Haven’t seen them for 3-4 years though.

Are there any websites that I can order online? Or maybe a store that’s willing to bring some in? But not multiple cases. Any help I’d appreciated.

https://i.ibb.co/1JPNhWQ/F9-F268-F7-...520-E8-DE2.jpg

punkwax 12-01-2022 08:03 AM

I haven’t bought beer in a long time but figured I kinda had to have a beer during the Canadian anthem for the team’s first game at the World Cup so I hit the store and found Four Winds Featherweight IPA. It’s a nice light IPA. Do recommend.

http://www.bcliquorstores.com/sites/...00px/29023.jpg

mikemhg 12-02-2022 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8966442)
I was sooo disappointed with twin sails Horchata stout...

Old comment, but damn, I agree.

Big letdown.

westopher 12-02-2022 09:59 PM

Twin sails does not hit like it used to. Dat juice got way weaker once they put out juice plus. They barely ever do the stiff peaks anymore either, which were always the best. Nothing can touch superflux these days. It's banger after banger from them.

sonick 12-02-2022 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 9083126)
Twin sails does not hit like it used to. Dat juice got way weaker once they put out juice plus. They barely ever do the stiff peaks anymore either, which were always the best. Nothing can touch superflux these days. It's banger after banger from them.

Superflux in a tweet nutshell:

Every superflux tastes the same tbh

Hondaracer 12-03-2022 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 9083126)

Twinsails was never that great to begin with imo outside of dat juice.

I haven’t drank too much superflux but I kind of agree with the comment re: they all taste the same for the most part

westopher 12-03-2022 06:40 AM

They do all taste similar, but they all taste the best so that’s fine with me.

Hondaracer 12-03-2022 09:46 AM

What’s your go-to there?

westopher 12-03-2022 10:28 AM

I like trying the experimental that they do whenever I go. It’s always a bit different. Colour and shape is classic. Easy tiger tastes like a big hazy ipa but only is 4% which is sweet cause no accidental blackouts. I just wish they did better food.

mikemhg 12-03-2022 12:50 PM

Storm Brewing is AWESOME. Legit weird and different tasting beers, I was very impressed with them. Tasting room sucks though, that's the only thing, pretty small in terms of seating.

We're checking Brassneck out tonight, of all the years they've been around I've never checked them.

The Bakery was one of my top breweries as well, but they were bought out.

The replacement is easily one of the most disingenuous examples of marketing a brewery I've ever seen. "Brave Brewing":

https://www.brave.beer/

The website makes this new spot not even look like a damn brewery but rather some weird social-conscious construct of a lifestyle brand. Very odd. Just take a few mins to watch the splash video on this website :lol

Hondaracer 12-03-2022 03:09 PM

My neighbour is best friends with the owner of storm, great guy. She often has parties and bbqs and he provides the beer.

What I like about storm is all their experimental stuff actually tastes like what it’s trying to taste like because they render down the actual ingredients as opposed to some Bs chemical mixture, their staple beers are also pretty solid.

westopher 12-03-2022 10:08 PM

Beere is good for that too. My favourite beer ever that they released (fingerpaint) I was talking to the brewer about and he said it might be a while before he does it again because he spent 3 days zesting clementines haha. I told him I’ll come in and do it for a supply.

mikemhg 12-04-2022 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 9083212)
Beere is good for that too. My favourite beer ever that they released (fingerpaint) I was talking to the brewer about and he said it might be a while before he does it again because he spent 3 days zesting clementines haha. I told him I’ll come in and do it for a supply.

Been meaning to go down and check their Cherry Vanilla Stout.

westopher 12-04-2022 10:44 AM

Let me know if you’re over here in the evening. Me and theproducer will join you.