REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   NHL IS BACK! The Official 2012/2013 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669494-nhl-back-official-2012-2013-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

Hondaracer 08-14-2012 10:13 AM

We always draft the soft "good guy" what's new :/

Mike Oxbig 08-14-2012 10:54 AM

the only thing im worry about is kassian's development although he is only 21... he projection is 25pts this yr.

http://i50.tinypic.com/30922k1.jpg

jeedee 08-14-2012 10:56 AM

25 pts is good.............if you're playing 4 mins a night on the 4th line that is :rukidding:

Mike Oxbig 08-14-2012 11:29 AM

:ahwow:

GrapeDrink 08-14-2012 12:24 PM

lol ... who cares what a magazine projects his point total to be ? those guys put in absolutely 0 analysis into why, its mostly just using what their pace was prior then give or take 5 points.

Ronin 08-14-2012 12:26 PM

The only one of those I read seriously is McKeen's, which is the standard for the hockey pools I'm in.

RiceIntegraRS 08-14-2012 12:28 PM

The problem with Kassain is that he has to outright play and produce more than Booth, Raymond, Hansen, or Higgins to get those top 9 type minutes. I think AV will give him a chance cause he had Booth on a short leash last year probably wont change.

I do like what our lineup looks like, our Top 9 is as good as any. Our D is still really strong. And argueable the best goalie tandem in hockey. And we could still upgrade the offence and get a legitimate top line player via trading Luongo + Winger.

Hondaracer 08-14-2012 12:35 PM

If we had Hodgson ppl would be jacking off to 25 pts :/

Not really racist! 08-14-2012 02:04 PM

Anybody just hear Garrison on 1040?

murd0c 08-14-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 8003275)
Anybody just hear Garrison on 1040?

What did he say?

I'm really impressed how much community stuff he's been doing so far. From being in the pride parade (I think thats a great move) and from helping around town I'm very impressed with the way hes conducting himself for being young and new team for the first time.

Harvey Specter 08-14-2012 02:37 PM

I hate idiotic projections and I'm worried if we're going to have a NHL season by end of this year.

highfive 08-14-2012 04:19 PM

I don't know if I'm the only one but every time when I see Bettman talks in an interview and he moves his head side to side or shakes his chin when he speaks, does that make you want to punch and beat the living shit out of him?

Harvey Specter 08-14-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highfive (Post 8003388)
I don't know if I'm the only one but every time when I see Bettman talks in an interview and he moves his head side to side or shakes his chin when he speaks, does that make you want to punch and beat the living shit out of him?

I want to punch him every time he opens his mouth.

MR_BIGGS 08-14-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

He does come across as arrogant and smug.

So Fehr made a nice PR move today, making the players look like they support the lower market teams.

punkwax 08-14-2012 04:32 PM

I am not a violent person, but if I ever ran into Bettman I would kick him in the beets.

iwantaskyline 08-14-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

That's actually a sickness that he has...:rukidding:

MR_BIGGS 08-14-2012 06:50 PM

So what do people think of the proposal by the NHLPA? Parts of it are starting to leak.

One part of it includes the ability to "trade" cap space. Same amount of money/cap would remain in system yet can be redistributed or "bought"

So team X could have 15 M in cap space that they could sell/trade to team Y. It seems like a hybrid luxury tax. Not sure how that would work in practice. Would a team need to reset their cap space every year?

mb_ 08-14-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS (Post 8003558)
So what do people think of the proposal by the NHLPA? Parts of it are starting to leak.

One part of it includes the ability to "trade" cap space. Same amount of money/cap would remain in system yet can be redistributed or "bought"

So team X could have 15 M in cap space that they could sell/trade to team Y. It seems like a hybrid luxury tax. Not sure how that would work in practice. Would a team need to reset their cap space every year?

Haven't read anything yet but I disagree with it - BIG advantage to big market teams and we'll slowly turn out like the NBA.

Ch28 08-14-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

I'd support it simply because we have an owner that wants to win, and will absolutely spend the money if need be :fullofwin:

Not really racist! 08-14-2012 07:44 PM

Garisson didn't say too much.. just said nobody is sure if theres gonna be hockey come September but hes preparing that it is.

Says he'll focus on the defensive end and was optimistic about chipping on the offensive end.

Also he said he spends the off-season here and it was pretty depressing when his family is cheering for the nucks and hes golfing lol

hotshot1 08-14-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Love that idea. Seems like it'll lead to teams being more strategic.

As for "small market teams", I say it's survival of the fittest. If your team is losing money because fans aren't showing up, then either sell your team or make it worth watching.

There's a cap now - it's not like the Rangers can buy every single free agent. If you expect to contend while sitting right at the cap floor, then you better be signing people at giant discounts. If not, then don't expect to get any quality free agents, and ultimately it's gonna be harder to be competitive. Unless you're David Poile.

LSF22 08-15-2012 01:37 AM

Not the best subject to bring up... but 1 year ago today we lost Rick Rypien.

Always will be a fan of his, watching him play, his epic fights and the smiles he always seemed to have.

RIP #37 Rick... miss ya :tears:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...10993056_n.jpg

dlo 08-15-2012 01:38 AM

Dam a year already.... Rip rick u fiesty motherfucka

b0unce. [?] 08-15-2012 04:29 AM

I don't remember, but is Rick's number sort of unofficially retired in the organization?

rsx 08-15-2012 06:22 AM

Probably, that would be the classy thing to do