REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   4x4's and the Great Outdoors (https://www.revscene.net/forums/4x4s-great-outdoors_226/)
-   -   Just curious, how many recreational shooters on here? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694561-just-curious-how-many-recreational-shooters-here.html)

Zedbra 03-15-2016 04:59 AM

Funneh guy. After my first shot, I generally try to aim for that first hole. This target I was adjusting the dope slightly, though the last shot was a flyer. The barrel seems good for four rapid shots, the fifth (and sixth if you load it fully) will wander a little.

Hypa - come up to Squish shooting one day, I'll sit you behind a few of the Swiss' best.

underscore 03-15-2016 07:31 AM

*checks EE*

*checks EE again*

*checks EE again*

No K31's, I got an email back from CSC confirming that the serial numbers all match so I told them I'd take it.

Vansterdam 03-15-2016 07:56 AM

I check EE about 3 times a day lol

I noticed the best time is around 5-7am since thats when alot of the Eastern guys post their goodies

underscore 03-15-2016 10:34 AM

I've been checking it like crazy, I've also seen a lot posted in the early afternoon when the eastern guys get home from work. With my luck the minute I get a shipping notification from CSC 5 of them will pop up for <$400.

Zedbra 03-15-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8737880)
I've been checking it like crazy, I've also seen a lot posted in the early afternoon when the eastern guys get home from work. With my luck the minute I get a shipping notification from CSC 5 of them will pop up for <$400.

Then you'll buy that one, too! I'd like to say "keep the one you like" but I really mean, "buy both!". Genius.

originalhypa 03-15-2016 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedbra (Post 8737812)
Hypa - come up to Squish shooting one day, I'll sit you behind a few of the Swiss' best.

I would love to do that.
I'll bring out my steel too. The sound of the "ping" is so rewarding.

:chairdance:

underscore 03-15-2016 12:22 PM

I just swung by Wholesale Sports, their Federal .303 British is a full 50% more expensive than at Walmart. I grabbed a brick of GP11 to use this weekend and asked if they price matched ammo. They will, but only if the store was within 100km, so I can't get them to price match Tiger Arms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedbra (Post 8737921)
Then you'll buy that one, too! I'd like to say "keep the one you like" but I really mean, "buy both!". Genius.

Haha don't worry, I'm onto your subtleties now. Although I have a hunch that after trying it out at least one of my buddies will want one of their own if I did decide to sell one.

Zedbra 03-15-2016 02:52 PM

I'll warn you now, once you start shooting the two stage trigger of the K31, all other rifles will be measured against it. You'll understand when you start shooting it.

underscore 03-15-2016 02:56 PM

Good to know, buying this one should save me money in the long run then (theoretically). Of course that's usually how I justify spending more than I planned on up front :lol

Zedbra 03-15-2016 04:14 PM

Still a bargain at $425. Try building a straight pull Mauser bolt two-stage trigger, full walnut or beech stocked gun today and let me know how many grand that would cost.

underscore 03-15-2016 04:22 PM

It landed at ~$475 with express shipping, good thing I paid the extra $4 to save a day since it says the expected delivery is Friday. Gotta love how ordering Tuesday morning with 2 day shipping means delivery Friday.

I agree that even at that price it's cheap relative to other guns, I saw a post somewhere asking people to estimate the cost to build one brand new today and the prices got pretty steep pretty fast. Supposedly Hammerli still makes them brand new for 2200 (but what currency that's in I don't know).

Zedbra 03-16-2016 12:04 PM

So I went to Tiger Arms today - nice shop! Picked up two cases of GP11 and the total after taxes came to $716.80. $0.75 per round I can certainly live with. So, are you interested in a case or two?

underscore 03-16-2016 01:48 PM

My wallet says one case but my brain says two, so I'll take two. That should hold me over for a few years. I picked up a brick from Wholesale yesterday and it was $61.60 after taxes.

What strikes me as odd is that we pay full taxes on ammo and stuff in BC, but when I ordered some ammo and cleaning gear from Ontario and priced out some stuff from Manitoba this week, they only charged GST (5%). Do they not have to charge PST if it's shipped out of the province?

Zedbra 03-16-2016 03:14 PM

The store will not charge PST on out of province sales unless they also have a store in BC. I used to love ordering online from Cabelas before they opened their Nanaimo store for that very reason. I should be coming up to Kelowna in the next few weeks, if that works for you.

underscore 03-16-2016 03:35 PM

Makes sense, on smaller stuff it's not a big deal but on big orders that can add up. The next few weeks works perfectly for me, how long will you be in town?

Zedbra 03-16-2016 04:25 PM

I usually stay Sunday night through Thursday night, sometimes I hang around on a Friday. I've been buying my guns from Prophet River in Alberta lately - great prices, good selection, often free shipping, no PST, and Clay (the owner) is just amazing to deal with - he tries to answer emails in 15 minutes. Hell, he was replying to my emails on Christmas day.

underscore 03-16-2016 08:37 PM

Ok cool, I've got a pretty flexible work schedule if you wanna do some shooting while you're here, I'd be curious to know how you think my K31 will feel compared to yours.

Zedbra 03-16-2016 09:12 PM

Well, maybe I'll bring one of my K31s to compare.

Zedbra 03-17-2016 04:28 PM

So I "worked from home" today and ended up at the range for lunch. Huh. Imagine that. I just got my new 527 zeroed in and then the scope started to twist in the rings. But I did manage to finally try my K31 that I set up with a diopter and that was a lot of fun to shoot, as always.

K31 with Swiss Products diopter sight system.

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps92kumlq6.jpg

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/q...pssdavb6xn.jpg

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps460yu2ja.jpg

First 100 metre target with diopter - 5 shots

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/q...pswnwss6uj.jpg

100 metre target with diopter - 10 shots. I can't seem to get the shot down without adjusting holdover low.

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps718xcz3g.jpg

incubus 03-18-2016 06:17 AM

I'm sure I can learn a lot from your "home office"

also I could've given you a good deal on that ammo, gabe at tiger shops at our store lol he's a good guy

underscore 03-18-2016 10:05 AM

It's here! After a lot of refreshing the tracking page when I thought it wouldn't arrive on time it's finally here! It's pretty much exactly what I expected from the pictures, there's a few little things I wouldn't mind cleaning up at some point but right now I'm too stoked to care. I already popped the butt plate off to see if there was a tag but there isn't, just a faint XII and a deeper 43, and a small hexagon shape.

WOOOOOOO

incubus 03-18-2016 03:01 PM

congrats enjoy

Zedbra 03-18-2016 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incubus (Post 8738887)
I'm sure I can learn a lot from your "home office"

also I could've given you a good deal on that ammo, gabe at tiger shops at our store lol he's a good guy

You're welcome to come and visit my office anytime. As long as Scott makes over 20% :yuno:

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8738946)
It's here! After a lot of refreshing the tracking page when I thought it wouldn't arrive on time it's finally here! It's pretty much exactly what I expected from the pictures, there's a few little things I wouldn't mind cleaning up at some point but right now I'm too stoked to care. I already popped the butt plate off to see if there was a tag but there isn't, just a faint XII and a deeper 43, and a small hexagon shape.

WOOOOOOO

And now it starts. That will be one of the best rifles you have ever bought - you'll understand as you own and shoot other guns. Congrats.

incubus 03-19-2016 12:37 AM

it's a numbers game, you may have Scott on a bad day. but he's a great guy or I wouldn't have stayed here this long and we wouldn't have a big group of usuals, everyday customers .

speaking of the devil gabe said that they had also ordered more of that ammo lol he came by the shop and hung out for a bit.

Zedbra 03-19-2016 06:20 AM

So is his shop affiliated with you and Italian? Like, do you combine buying power?