REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2014/2015 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/696001-official-2014-2015-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

sonick 06-19-2014 08:12 AM

Sigh he seemed like he had such potential.

murd0c 06-19-2014 08:13 AM

Canucks prospects always "seem" like they have potential but they never seem to pan out.

7seven 06-19-2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8490072)
He's an RFA right? Lol too bad, I doubt any NHL team will sign him. Pretty sure he's Euro-bound.

Yup, Canucks aren't going to qualify him, so it'll make him a UFA.

Mike Oxbig 06-19-2014 08:29 AM

Nashville might take a look at him before minny does

highfive 06-19-2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8490083)
Canucks prospects always "seem" like they have potential but they never seem to pan out.

CDC...lol...where all your prospects become a top 6 forward or top 4 d.

Still remember ppl questioning Gillis drafting Schroeder when we drafted Cody the year before. They were asking why draft 2 small centres?

murd0c 06-19-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highfive (Post 8490096)
CDC...lol...where all your prospects become a top 6 forward or top 4 d.

Still remember ppl questioning Gillis drafting Schroeder when we drafted Cody the year before. They were asking why draft 2 small centres?

Cause he was the "best" player available and Gillis always drafted the best player in that situation.

Fucken Gillis

pastarocket 06-19-2014 11:24 AM

Very interesting. Ben Kuzma of The Province speculates that Benning is gonna go for the 1st overall pick.

Pick Six may become the No. 1 pick. :woot2:

Off-Season Watch: Thursday's latest from around the NHL

highfive 06-19-2014 11:34 AM

Rumour has it that Leafs offered Kadri, Gardiner, and the 8th overall pick for the 1st.

Last time a 1st overall was traded.

Pens traded 3rd pick, 55th pick, and Samuelsson for the 1st, and 73rd from Florida.

It would be crazy if we get 1st overall and draft Reinhart.

7seven 06-19-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8490193)
Very interesting. Ben Kuzma of The Province speculates that Benning is gonna go for the 1st overall pick.

Pick Six may become the No. 1 pick. :woot2:

Off-Season Watch: Thursday's latest from around the NHL

Rumor going around is that Panthers want something like Tanev and #6 for #1, but Benning wants to ship them Garrison instead Tanev.

I know a lot of fans are horned out to get Reinhart if Canucks get the #1 pick, but I think Ekblad would be the better pick at #1. Yea I know the Canucks need a center to replace the eventual trade of Kesler, but that high in the draft, you take the best player. Bob McKenzie recently polled scouts and GMs at the combine and I think he pretty much all agreed Ekblad was the best player in this draft. He projects to be a stud #1 Dman, and the Canucks need that as much as they do a star forward. Plus Reinhart isn't projected to be on the same level as other #1 forward picks nor has shown the same in juniors as other #1 overall forwards like MacKinnon, Tavares, Stamkos, etc...

OGCStrike 06-19-2014 11:45 AM

well if kesler is gonna be traded, i dont see us being competitive against hte likes of LA or CHI anytime soon.
might as well give schroeder a chance to make it or break it as a 2nd line centre. we have nobody with his playmaking skills in the centre spot in our prospect pool anyways.

Tim Budong 06-19-2014 11:48 AM

If the leafs are offering that
Talon needs to take it

Hondaracer 06-19-2014 12:15 PM

No way that's what leafs are offering lol are you kidding me?

Reinhart ain't gonna be a game breaker I agree wth the Ekblad statement

highfive 06-19-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 8490197)
Rumor going around is that Panthers want something like Tanev and #6 for #1, but Benning wants to ship them Garrison instead Tanev.

I know a lot of fans are horned out to get Reinhart if Canucks get the #1 pick, but I think Ekblad would be the better pick at #1. Yea I know the Canucks need a center to replace the eventual trade of Kesler, but that high in the draft, you take the best player. Bob McKenzie recently polled scouts and GMs at the combine and I think he pretty much all agreed Ekblad was the best player in this draft. He projects to be a stud #1 Dman, and the Canucks need that as much as they do a star forward. Plus Reinhart isn't projected to be on the same level as other #1 forward picks nor has shown the same in juniors as other #1 overall forwards like MacKinnon, Tavares, Stamkos, etc...

Prob is that Ekblad might be another J Bou or E. Johnson. Solid D but not that elite stud #1 like doughty or weber or keith.

If we do trade Tanev and 6 for 1st, Ekblad replacing Tanev would be smarter choice.

trancehead 06-19-2014 12:35 PM

found this on canucks army
Who Should Vancouver Draft? Spoiler: It's Sam Reinhart | CanucksArmy

http://thenationnetwork.s3.amazonaws...db1274e2f0.png

So Reinhart has similar junior numbers to the likes of Tavares, Stamkos, Mackinnon

of course there are other factors as well
i keep coming across many stating that this is a weak draft overall as well. so looking at the top of the class, one should be in mind the relativity more than anything

Mike Oxbig 06-19-2014 12:44 PM

sam gagner got fucked over by the oilers..... maybe the blackhawks should unite him back with patty kane :hat:

7seven 06-19-2014 12:45 PM

By numbers maybe, but going by all scouts, GMs and analyst, the consensus is that this is a weak draft for top end forward talent. They all saw more elite level skill and projections from Stamkos, Tavares, Hall, etc... Reinhart should be a good player, just not on that next level. Only time will tell.

murd0c 06-19-2014 12:50 PM

Bill Peters just named as the Canes new head coach

Speed2K 06-19-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3thods (Post 8489620)
Surely Sutter isn't getting bumped. What kind of promotion can you get within the coaching staff that isn't the head coach (coming from an assistant coaching position)?

How about Associate Head Coach. Lol! :pokerface:

Gumby 06-19-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed2K (Post 8490284)
How about Associate Head Coach. Lol! :pokerface:

And then Senior Associate Head Coach. :troll:

Kings are just being greedy (and protecting themselves I guess) - they don't want other teams to get their hands on Stevens. If/when Sutter moves on to other things, they will have Stevens in the pipeline.

Ronin 06-19-2014 03:15 PM

Rumors say Sutter will retire when his Kings contract expires (next year?) and Stevens will assume head coach?

SoulCrusher 06-19-2014 10:43 PM

Subscribed

shawnly1000 06-19-2014 10:58 PM

May not be as cheap of tickets and/or great of a lineup as Bieksa's Buddies

Quote:

The first annual Potential Apparel Charity Hockey Game will be held July 25, 2014 at the Pacific Coliseum. The charity game will bring together a roster of outstanding all-star professional hockey players including Mike Santorelli, Ryan Johansen, Brendan Gallagher, Alex Edler, Victor Bartley, Morgan Rielly, Andrew Cogliano, Martin Jones and many more. It will be a historic game in a historic building.
Ticket prices range from $45.20 to $82.20

Event Date: Friday, July 25, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Facility: Pacific Coliseum

Potential Apparel Charity Game

Mike Oxbig 06-20-2014 07:08 AM

NO Lucic? It's a good way to build his rep back with the city although he didnt do shit to begin with. I remember the first game here played he here with the Boston Bruins during pre-season... it was one of the loudest game ive been to, fans cheering loudly for him.

murd0c 06-20-2014 07:26 AM

I'm not surprised, he thinks he's too good for the city now

CRS 06-20-2014 07:58 AM

Quote:

Where Willie Go?

As TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger tweeted Friday morning, there may be a 'change of heart' in Pittsburgh as he's hearing Willie Desjardins is no longer a slam dunk for the head coaching job following his meeting with the Penguins Thursday night.

Dreger adds that as of Thursday night, Desjardins was Pittsburgh's target but perhaps his interest in the Canucks' coaching job scuttled the Penguins' plan.
Off-Season Watch: Friday's latest from around the NHL