REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-07-2015, 08:30 PM   #26
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
The business around my shop wear blue over all a too. I think u mistook that for my neighbour. My neighbours come by regularly to get things fixed
Advertisement
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:33 PM   #27
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUJ View Post
It was around mid August this summer. He was wearing blue overalls. He parked in front of your shop and walked right into your shop...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts14 View Post
Not gonna lie. This confused me. I've only ever worked on one 300c and it had a sound system and a loud exhaust. That description of the driver doesn't really fit the any of my employees .... I do know that the business behind me, there's a employee that owns a 300 there.
Lol @ "not gonna lie" pretty sure nobody trust you here after you admit to all those things you did to meme car. Credibility not very good right now buddy.

It's like me saying I'm not trying to be mean but your shop sucks.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 08:37 PM   #28
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkthind View Post
TL: DR

Spoiler!
123654123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:38 PM   #29
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
I started a auto body shop thread recently for recommendation and lots of ppl vouch for vip, but I didn't know they were a rs member maybe that's why,
from said autobody shop thread; http://www.revscene.net/forums/70489...-how-they.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
VIP is a fellow member's shop ^ they do great work from the pictures i seen. Altho i never had my there, but if i need too ill definitely go there. My gf took her car to Jetway in vancouver and they did an awesome job
but ok. I can see how you would not know seeing as how someone pointed that out.
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 08:43 PM   #30
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
Lovely. Another gypsy Kwan -do fly by night shithole shop. nEVER going there ..
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-07-2015, 08:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
from said autobody shop thread; http://www.revscene.net/forums/70489...-how-they.html

but ok. I can see how you would not know seeing as how someone pointed that out.
Didn't read all the thread as the car was already at ak

But since vip has lots of buddies here on rs. I expect there will be people flaming me for criticizing him. But at the end of the day we thank meme for bringing this to light and allowing future members to make a informative choice.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:50 PM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,419 Times in 917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts14 View Post
I agree. It was a damn stupid decision on my behalf. I completely understand that.

I don't expect meme or many of rs to forgive me. I realize that I was lacking very much in the common sense depratment

Lesson learned.
How did you manage to drive 400km? Did u just floor it around all week lol

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 09:04 PM   #33
RS Licensed Vendor

They currently have my car there. I went there due to a couple referrals. We'll see in a couple days.

TS14>>> I get that you have a new business, but really need to not overbook and push things off. I can't say we're never guilty of it because we want the business, but there comes a certain time where you just need to tell the new customers they may have to wait a little longer. Keeping existing customers is #1, new customers is #2. Existing ones send the referrals, and often bring repeat business. Afterall, it's rare to never have a claim. Driving customer cars is a bit of a no no, unless they've given you consent. I really hope while you had my car you didn't take it around. Sure mechanics may need to test their work, I often need to test for reception, but bodyshops really shouldn't need to drive customer cars around.

At our shop we do have the tendency to disconnect DVR's also. Not because of things we want to hide, but more for our own privacy also. I personally am quite private and prefer not to have people filming me for no reason. But we do a full inside/outside inspection and have the vehicle owner sign it plus I have my own video surveillance if need be.

kkttsang>>> How was AK? My close friend works there and I was thinking to go there originally but his schedule was so booked up.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com

Last edited by Cman333; 10-07-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #34
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts

Who wants to stretch the front fenders on a Mustang to fit 335/30/18's? Stock 315's can be run with the correct offset wheel no problem so it doesn't need too much of a stretch. I suddenly changed my mind on where I was going to take it.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:57 PM   #35
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
^
The Speed Syndicate.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post

kkttsang>>> How was AK? My close friend works there and I was thinking to go there originally but his schedule was so booked up.
My car got broken into so my fix was minor, none of the less they did the job. I can't tell the paint different looks back to normal to me. So to me they did a good job and they got it done quick but again it's minor. They r professionals.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 10:08 PM   #37
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
Taking a car for a 400km joyride?
Talking like a high school kid to customers?
Ignoring customer requests?

No thanks. I wouldn't consider taking my car there until I hear professionalism has turned around.

Thanks for the write up though meme saved my car from being in the wrong hands.

Last edited by k3lv; 10-07-2015 at 10:27 PM.
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 10:35 PM   #38
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
i kinda got what kelv said.. you know i love you ts, but when doing business dont speak like a friend and like youre in your late teens, gotta speak more professional

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 10:40 PM   #39
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Well, Since We're reviewing Vip autobody, I thought I'd chime in on my experience for future potential customers.

My experience was less than stellar.
Same thing as OP, owner asked about disconnecting my dash cam. I get it. Privacy reasons etc... but that definitely made me think wtf was gonna happen to my car while in the shop.

I went in for a simple bumper/lip repaint from a hit and run.
First time after repaint I noticed that there were still spider cracks left on my lip. I noticed this. Not the owner pointing it out. Owner apologizes and goes to repaint the entire bumper.
2nd time aorund picking up my car I noticed that the paint wasn't "filling" into my lower bumper evenly. Gaps of paint missing.
Again, this was something that I noticed and pointed out. I spoke to the owner and painter regarding this. They fed me a bunch of stuff saying how hard it is to get paint I to that area... ( well, would another shop not have been able to get it right the first time around?) Atleast tell me the results and not having to let me point it out.
3rd time I went there to pick up my car and I just wanted to settle the bill and gtf-outta there.

I regret not writing down my kms before dropping my car off as I wouldn't be any bit surprised if they took my car for a good rip.

I'm not commenting to bash VIP. Just an honest review of how I felt while dealing with this body shop.

There may be joe-shmoes out there who would just be glad to get their car back without doing a thorough review, but I defiantly ain't one of them.
When I go to retrieve my car back, I expect the job quality to be not too far off from oem.
If by the 3rd time and they still didn't get it to acceptable standards, I for sure would have filed a report with icbc.

In the end I gave them the benefit of the doubt to get the job done.
They did after a bit of hassle (and who knows what they could have done while the dash cam was unplugged)
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:57 PM   #40
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,402 Times in 858 Posts
Ah... Also like Meme, I didn't want to post anything about my poor experience at VIP Autobody - thinking it was just a one-off experience but clearly I was wrong.

Preface: take my experience for what you will. I am not pointing fingers, this is MY experience as I experienced it. I won't be going back.

I dropped my 964 there also on the recommendation of RS members to have a new rear bumper centre section installed and painted and the rear bumper painted.

Was quoted $800 - seems high but hey, give a fellow RS member some business? Continually told how their foreman does a lot of fibreglass work, car will be taken care of, fellow RS member, etcetc.

I made a note of my km's upon drop-off and the foreman noted that down, and as I found out, passed that info to Talah later.

While they had the car, I was asked repeatedly the same questions as Meme; if he could bring it to the RS meet, that he had "no space in the shop" one Friday night and was going to park it at his Richmond warehouse. He griped and asked why I noted the kms down. I knew where he was going with it and kindly told him not to drive the car.

When I went to pick up my car, first thing I noticed was the FG piece fit horrendously. Not the shop's fault. However, they didn't tell me the part fit terrible. Presumably hoping I'd not notice and walk out. As the 964 rear bumper is in sections, they painted the whole bumper as one piece so there was grey primer still visible in between each piece. Garbage.

I pointed my disappointment to them and to their credit, Talah accepted the fact that I wasn't happy and would make it right. We ended up deciding to go reuse the old centre section and I was (un)pleasantly surprised to find a equally larger bill of $1000 that was unannounced to me until the day before I was to pick the car up.

Once again, work wasn't great with orange peel everywhere. Talah wetsanded and polished it out but kept mentioning how he was going the extra mile for me which irked the fuck out of me. Quality control should be done before a customer picks up their car, no? Citing things you should be doing in the first place as "extra work" and "going the extra mile" is complete BS.

The short of it? Owner wanted to joyride my car but I had noted my kms down, to their knowledge, so it wasn't touched. Work was subpar. Costs were high. Like Meme, I had a distinctly bad feeling the entire time my car was in their possession. I won't be going back to VIP Autobody.

Oh and Rennspeed sells shitty fitting fiberglass parts.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:04 PM   #41
Need my Daily Fix of RS

ts14 wasnt going to say anything but did you drive my car to "storage" too ? when I picked up my car the first time my gas light was on... and it wasnt close to empty when I dropped it off, didnt say anything at that time because I was more pissed off about the other problems I found.

even though he did fix all my problems (bad orange peel + over spray all over my car/windows) the posts on here praising you must of been your buddys

I brought the white 370z nismo

Cman333 AK is a good shop had my cars there many times only gave vip a chance cause they were booked..

Last edited by jiggaz; 10-07-2015 at 11:12 PM.
jiggaz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 11:16 PM   #42
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I'm not going to comment on the actual topic of this thread but I did just want to address one thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
At our shop we do have the tendency to disconnect DVR's also. Not because of things we want to hide, but more for our own privacy also. I personally am quite private and prefer not to have people filming me for no reason. But we do a full inside/outside inspection and have the vehicle owner sign it plus I have my own video surveillance if need be.
This.

Technically it's illegal to video tape inside private property without the written consent of anyone who may be shown on the video. That's not to say that those who are concerned about what goes on with their car don't have a valid concern. However, it's something that you need to let the shop/garage/dealership know ahead of time and get their permission. If they say no (and they are fully within their legal right to do so, especially since asking every single mechanic in a shop might not be a feasible possibility), don't simply assume it's because they're doing something shady. If you're really concerned, ask if they have surveillance cameras in the shop that you'd be allowed to pull if you suspect something.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 11:18 PM   #43
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
fuck now i kinda feel bad for recommending his shop on here to others. but truth be told, the work they did on my f150 was fine and it wasn't driven at all.

Ts, this such a let down man. this isnt the way to be conducting business. sorry but after this i don't think i could ever recommend your shop to anyone. very unprofessional. you've got some serious growing up to do.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 11:19 PM   #44
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

imagine the legal implication if something was to happen to a customer car while the bodyshop was driving it. especially without a repair plate or fines if caught incorrectly using it. also with enough complaints icbc could take away your valet license and do some heavy damage to your business. hopefully its a good lesson learned.
jasonc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 11:21 PM   #45
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
honest review here:

brought in my car to have front bumper, roof, and lip painted with about half a tank a gas
got it back and the job was done well, but i had an empty tank, he did tell me he was going to take it to the storage though
found out recently that the gloss black roof has some metallic flake in one corner and the rest doesn't

honestly feel uneasy letting other people driving my car thats a few inches off the ground

he also backed my car into a trash bin on the pick up day, bunch of people there saw
damaged my rear diffuser and put a little chip in the bumper and he offered to buy me a new one

no problem there, he paid for 100% of the new diffuser and touched up the chip
though the touch up bothers me still since it wasn't there before
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 11:27 PM   #46
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
imagine the legal implication if something was to happen to a customer car while the bodyshop was driving it. especially without a repair plate or fines if caught incorrectly using it. also with enough complaints icbc could take away your valet license and do some heavy damage to your business. hopefully its a good lesson learned.
Ironic you mention this cause he rear ended someone while doing some work on my buddy's truck.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 11:39 PM   #47
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,134 Times in 7,146 Posts
Jesus, when it rains it pours.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:42 PM   #48
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i drove by there weeks ago and saw someone ultra reving a fully modded black TL, dont know if the owner is doing it or someone else.....

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-07-2015, 11:42 PM   #49
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Wtf 400kms is roughly the same distance as Vancouver to Whistler and back. That's a long joy ride. Totally unacceptable.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 12:09 AM   #50
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
I sincerely apologize to everyone that has a bad experience at my shop. Even though you won't come back, I want to say that I am sorry for having anyone go through the inconvenience that I gave.

I opened up my shop to serve the best work to whoever wanted to stop by. Obviously me being so new to this industry, being in business was a huge learning curve for me. A curve I'm still on. I worked hard for my shop and I realize that I started slacking. I wore down from everything coming at me.

I know I don't have the right to make excuses. Call me stupid, a fuck up, retarded, or whatever. I'm not stopping you. If anything it's probably true. This whole thread has got me feeling the absolute worst looking at what it has come to.

I know I have a lot to change. My professionalism and work Ethic. I guess me being at a young age and so new to this made me forget that even when a friend walks through the door, I have to treat them like a customer. I apologize for letting everyone down. And I won't let this past me.

I'm still learning as a business owner. Several times I've learned from my customers when something goes wrong, and how to prevent it from happening again. I have to get back on my seat and start having more control over everything again.

My shop is my life. I take any criticism and comments seriously. I understand many of you are still outraged and I'm not gonna stop you. What I did was really fucking stupid and if I could, I would beat myself for being such a fucking retard.

Even though I won't be seeing many of you walk through my shop, I learned from this whole experience. I'm not going to be conducting business how I used to.
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: