REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-09-2015, 11:52 AM   #126
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post

These two conversations are fucked; not to say the other ones aren't fucked that show you are fucking with someone else's car but these two would make a car owner's blood boil. Why would you ask someone to imagine if you fuck something up or lose some shit that belongs to them that they entrusted you to keep safe? Do you really want to inspire a feeling of incompetence in your work or something? Well, congratu-fucking-lations. Mission accomplished. Go home, hero. You've saved the fucking world.

Hey can the owner of the car bring your girlfriend out to a meet and then fuck her and smash her for 400km before he gives her back? Why the fuck would you even ask to show off something that's not yours? What are you going to say at the meet? "Yeah man, check out my customer's ride. Cool right? I'm just rippin' on it" Everyone will look at you like you're a fool.

This is the most fucked up business practice you can get. It's not a matter of learning anything about the business. It's being decent with someone's fucking belongings that you are being PAID to handle. Clearly, this is the most basic thing you fucked right up of ANY business. It's not something that takes a lot of common sense to take care of someone's shit that they are handing over remuneration for regardless of whether it's ass, grass, gas or cash.

It really begs to question whether the owner of the shop would have cared if he wasn't called out. Driving 400km is a long fucking time to think of whether what he is doing is wrong or not.
Advertisement

Last edited by ZN6; 10-09-2015 at 12:09 PM.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #127
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
Why would you ask someone to imagine if you fuck something up or lose some shit that belongs to them that they entrusted you to keep safe? Do you really want to inspire a feeling of incompetence in your work or something? Well, congratu-fucking-lations. Mission accomplished. Go home, hero. You've saved the fucking world.
You actually caught onto something that I probably should have clarified. That text about losing a piece was just coincidental. It relates to something he was messaging me about a little farther up that isn't pictured. (nothing I am hiding just to save grief of like 50 screen caps)

When he was driving the car on the day I dropped off the car one part of the door handle trim pieces came off. I knew the piece had been loose prior to me taking him the car, I basically just needed to buy a new key hole delete.

So that part of the conversation was just related to that, it wasn't damage caused by the shop just something that I needed to fix anyway.

Just a minor clarification to keep things truthful.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 12:32 PM   #128
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
It's being decent with someone's fucking belongings that you are being PAID to handle. Clearly, this is the most basic thing you fucked right up of ANY business.
Never mind about a business. Even if I'm just borrowing a friend's car or a friend is leaving out of town and parking their car at my house, I would ask out of courtesy if I could drive it for 400km in 2 weeks. If it was a no, that would be the end of it.

This isn't a lack of "business experience". This is a lack of human experience.

Just for reference of 400km:
VIP -> highway 1 -> hope -> lillooet -> pemberton = 413km. That's more than halfway through the duffey lake drive.
entrax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 02:30 PM   #129
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
awaiting cman response as to the quality of work

I'm still waiting. Clear is on. Needing to dry before wetsand. I have a hunch it will be tomorrow.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:37 PM   #130
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Damn, 400kms...did they at least give u back a full tank of gas?
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:45 PM   #131
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I wonder what grade gas he put in?
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #132

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post

I'm still waiting. Clear is on. Needing to dry before wetsand. I have a hunch it will be tomorrow.
I was at the shop getting my lip installed today.

I assume this is your bunper? He said he's preparing to wetsand it soon.

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #133
I don't get it

Yo bro, he even hired Albert Einstein, they going scientific on your E90. The outcome must be good!
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 03:32 PM   #134
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
This will be the outcome.

flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 03:51 PM   #135
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
No need to take shots at his employee.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:59 PM   #136
I don't get it

No disrespect at all just saw the pic and reminded me of big AE.
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #137
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts14 View Post
The business around my shop wear blue over all a too. I think u mistook that for my neighbour. My neighbours come by regularly to get things fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlee View Post
Yo bro, he even hired Albert Einstein, they going scientific on your E90. The outcome must be good!
Spoiler!

What are you talking about? That looks just like the person I was describing.
PLUJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 05:30 PM   #138
RS Licensed Vendor

Sweet. Hopefully turns out great. I'll wait another day if that's all it takes. Thanks for all the updates guys, at least I'm seeing results. It should've been at this stage last week. Otherwise I wouldn't have dropped off the car if it had to sit a week before getting started.

PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSE make sure it comes out better than when I dropped it off. No major orange peel, no cracks, no dust, no burn through. Just shiny matching paint that get rid of previous cracks/chips.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com

Last edited by Cman333; 10-09-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #139
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
In that picture alone I can see a lot of violations being broken.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #140
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,098 Times in 971 Posts
Is VIP an icbc valet shop? If so, this thread should be forwarded to icbc.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #141
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
You actually caught onto something that I probably should have clarified. That text about losing a piece was just coincidental. It relates to something he was messaging me about a little farther up that isn't pictured. (nothing I am hiding just to save grief of like 50 screen caps)

When he was driving the car on the day I dropped off the car one part of the door handle trim pieces came off. I knew the piece had been loose prior to me taking him the car, I basically just needed to buy a new key hole delete.

So that part of the conversation was just related to that, it wasn't damage caused by the shop just something that I needed to fix anyway.

Just a minor clarification to keep things truthful.
You remained pretty calm in all this. Good on you, if it had been said the way I originally thought the context was, I would have lost my shit if someone I barely knew is joking about damaging or losing my shit I entrust to his care. Some things you don't joke about.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:34 PM   #142
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
Cman, just saw your car sitting outside. Looks trapped in so you are safe from an additional 400km.

Xxsupa do you drive the white BMW sitting outside? When I drove by the other day I thought they painted cman's car white with a black bumper lol.
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 08:59 PM   #143

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3lv View Post
Cman, just saw your car sitting outside. Looks trapped in so you are safe from an additional 400km.

Xxsupa do you drive the white BMW sitting outside? When I drove by the other day I thought they painted cman's car white with a black bumper lol.
I do drive a white BMW, but not the one sitting outside with the black bumper.

Here's a picture of my car for reference: Lip installed today by VIP Autobody. (Bumper was also done by them a couple of months back)

Why I still went back to them after this thread popped up you may ask?

Well, my experiences with VIP Autobody and ts14 has generally been positive. My word probably doesn't count for much given all the backlash in this thread, but the work they have done on my car has been good, and I was always charged a reasonable rate.

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:40 PM   #144
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
Is VIP an icbc valet shop? If so, this thread should be forwarded to icbc.
Dude chill the fuck out. If you have had an issue with the shop go ahead and tell them your issues. Otherwise you are just being malicious.
If people that have had experiences with the shop feel that is necessary sure, but why are you interested in that?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:55 PM   #145
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
^^^...so people can screw his career up "oh that's the guy joy riding and not giving a fuck">
Old 10-09-2015, 11:57 PM   #146
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
In that picture alone I can see a lot of violations being broken.
Are you a trained ita bodyman or worksafebc shop safety?

And he's masking in that picture with tape last I checked its not airborne
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 11:59 PM   #147
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
That's up to the people that actually had an experience with it. You can lecture, express your opinion, whatever but unless you've actually experienced an issue with someone you don't have any right to go out of your way to make someone's life worse.
We aren't talking about someone who truly did something terrible. He didn't cause physical harm due to malice. He did something selfish and stupid. It's a big difference.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.

Last edited by westopher; 10-10-2015 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Aimed at the post 2 posts above mine.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:42 AM   #148
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Since we are on the topic of bad shop experiences...

DO NOT GO TO GRAND CITY AUTOBODY ON BRIDGEPORT ROAD IN RICHMOND!!!

You think VIP Autobody have issues? My mom brought her Civic there several years ago after being rear ended. They grabbed a bumper from another civic (which is fine) and tacked it on, the alignment was really really bad, the bumper stuck outward about 2-3cm off from the rear quarter panel (supposed to be flush.)

When my mom brought it up to them, they flat out deny it being an issue, and absolutely refused to do anything about it, the shop owner was claiming, that is what you should expect after a crash and it will never be the same. My mom being ignorant about cars believed them.

When we returned the car back to Honda return the lease a year later, Honda said that is unacceptable damage, and that the should've never repaired the car like that, and dinged us 500 from the security deposit to fix it up.

Grand City Autobody not only does a poor job, but they lie and cheat their way out of any responsibility from their poor work. If I was as knowledgeable about cars today, I would filed a complaint to ICBC, but its too late to do anything now...

Last edited by Geoc; 10-10-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2015, 12:53 AM   #149
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts14 View Post
All I can say is I'm sorry if this went down this way. I agree, This was a very immature and irresponsible decision on my part and I apologize for any bad feelings u have after coming to me. I take responsibility for everything. I didn't mean to drive ur car but it was foolish of me to do so.

I'm still very new to this business and I'm trying to improve from each mistake. I know my mistakes will cost me but all I can say is that I'm sorry
Sorry to be piling on here, but how the fuck do you unintentionally drive 400 kilometers? That's like saying
El Dumbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:21 AM   #150
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Dude chill the fuck out. If you have had an issue with the shop go ahead and tell them your issues. Otherwise you are just being malicious.
If people that have had experiences with the shop feel that is necessary sure, but why are you interested in that?
Agreed. No need to be malicious. He made a mistake, he owned up to it, he's actually making an effort to correct it. I know a few other body shops would just take your money and you're left with living with their poor quality workmanship. At least he makes an effort. He could've just said fuck it.

I know whiterocket originally had some work done by another shop, and it came out horrible and he was left high and dry and had to pay VIP to fix it properly. He was happy with their work. So we know they're capable, and he's a nice friendly kid.

Again not an excuse, I'm still upset with the situation but seriously I'm sure we've all made mistakes and took things for granted when we were young and light hearted. He's been called out, if he doesn't take it seriously then we all know the impending outcome, if he does quality work from this point on I'm sure the world will get over it.

I know for a fact there's other shops in my industry on here that claim they do top notch work, but in fact customers get shafted and I end up redoing their work. Meme knows which shop I could be referring to because he came to me also, among MANY others on RS. They just don't care to publicly cause drama. I'm sure the same goes for our shop also.

Either or, in business it's hard to please 100% of the people. As long as the mass majority is happy that's what matters.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com

Last edited by Cman333; 10-10-2015 at 01:49 PM.