REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-11-2015, 04:29 PM   #176
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Wow! ^^^ Sure won't ever see me there for anything!
Aww. Then we wouldn't be able to enjoy a thread where you complained about them doing shitty work and you being denied a discount
Advertisement
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #177
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Lol How would THAT stop you from enjoying the thread?
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-11-2015, 07:41 PM   #178
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

A lot of especs posts on this remind me of this..
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70002...whats-law.html
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-11-2015, 07:47 PM   #179
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I nominate this " Revscene Thread of the Year".
cunninglinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:46 PM   #180
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
^ theres been better like the gofundme thing
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:56 PM   #181

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
^ or even the report to dean thread is probably better than this

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:49 AM   #182
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Just want to add my experience with VIP.

I had a scratch I need to repair on my rear fender, passenger door, and one corner of my bumper. AK quoted $2k plus, another shop quoted me close to $2k. VIP, specifically TS, the owner, said he'll do them all for $1k. Can't pass that up right?

The job was done extremely well especially for that price. However, there are some things to point out. TS was honest enough to tell me that they accidentally did some over spray on my hood and that took them extra hours to clean it off. Okay, that's fine, as long as it doesn't result in more damage.

He also mentioned that he had to repaint the whole bumper. That kind of got to me a bit because now my bumper isn't factory anymore. I shrugged it off eventually.

He also unplugged my dash cam and removed the sd card from it. Why? I'm pretty sure the workers were chilling in my car with the A/C on (this was back in the summer). Little did they know, I can check the range of how much of my remaining gas will get me in my info on my nav screen. Prior to the repair, I noted that it was 53 km (I brought the car in with the gas light on). After the repair, it was 44 km. 9km gone, and I'm pretty sure it can't be from moving my car from the outside to the inside and to the paint booth and back out. Any why do they have to unplug my dash cam when they're working on the body of my car? Ok, not that big of a deal I guess.

I also notice the three times I went to see him, first time to get a quote, second time to drop off the car, and third to pick it up. He was never there initially, and always pulled up in a white 350z/370z. The first time I commented on the car and he told me it's a customer's car.

Anyways, the next day after picking up my car, I noticed my front license plate wasn't mounted back on. I checked in the trunk and it was dismantled from the frame with the bolts all over this box I had in there. I try to mount it back on and to my surprise, one of the bolt was screwed onto the frame so tight, I couldn't get it off. So now it got me thinking, how did they get it off without take the bolt off. I look under my bumper and guess what? One third of the plastic where the bolt goes into is gone. Apparently they couldn't get the plate off and decide to just pull it off. So this is why they repainted my bumper probably because of damages getting the license plate off. I'm not sure if TS knows about this because when I went and picked up my car, there were several teenagers working on my car and no I didn't go back and ask him, nor would I bring it back for him to fix after all that I've noticed.

Aside from all of those, the painting job was very good, almost like new. They also vacuumed and cleaned the inside of my car. Cleaned my rims, claimed they wax and polished my whole car (I said claimed because some spots were still noticeably untouched), and when I was backing out, my side mirrors were still folded in and one of the teenager ran up to my passenger side and helped me put it back in place, very nice of him.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:30 AM   #183
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
He also unplugged my dash cam and removed the sd card from it. Why? I'm pretty sure the workers were chilling in my car with the A/C on (this was back in the summer). Little did they know, I can check the range of how much of my remaining gas will get me in my info on my nav screen. Prior to the repair, I noted that it was 53 km (I brought the car in with the gas light on). After the repair, it was 44 km. 9km gone, and I'm pretty sure it can't be from moving my car from the outside to the inside and to the paint booth and back out. Any why do they have to unplug my dash cam when they're working on the body of my car? Ok, not that big of a deal I guess.
Range on the trip computer is the worst way you can check how much it has been driven. Just having a car sitting idle for a 5mins can EASILY drop the range more than 9km, let alone moving it around the lot.

My trip computer varies 10-15km just by idling a minute longer in winter.

Of all the customers cars he drove, he didn't drive yours

Last edited by Geoc; 10-12-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:58 AM   #184
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDA_86 View Post
They didn't even wash my car and the car was full of dust from more than ever I can collect in a year when I picked it up.
Might have been a favor from them NOT to wash your car given the service you received. They'd probably would have taken a wet rag and dragged it across the dust for even more swirlies
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-12-2015, 12:52 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoc View Post
Range on the trip computer is the worst way you can check how much it has been driven. Just having a car sitting idle for a 5mins can EASILY drop the range more than 9km, let alone moving it around the lot.

My trip computer varies 10-15km just by idling a minute longer in winter.

Of all the customers cars he drove, he didn't drive yours
Are you retarded or do you simple can't read? I said they were chilling in my car, idling. So why was my car being idled for more than 5 min?
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #186
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

You seem like the retard here. Even parking the car a few times will change the computer's range by 9km
MaaaadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #187
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Are you retarded or do you simple can't read? I said they were chilling in my car, idling. So why was my car being idled for more than 5 min?
You're right, I am 'simple can't read', so I did a 'complex can read' and found it amusing that you found that a 9km variance in your trip computer range was relevant enough concern to post it, so I posted an explanation
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #188
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

The fob is strong in this one.
double0seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #189
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
You don't even know the car was even idled. As mentioned, range remaining is a terrible, TERRIBLE way to gauge how much fuel was used. The estimated range will jump wildly, especially between the end of a trip and the start up some while later. The engine goes into open-loop when you start the car, thus using more gas and, therefore, forcing the range estimator to calculate for the amount of gas currently being burned.

Hate to say, but while some people here sound like they have genuine concerns with VIP, yours falls somewhere between "not knowing how technology works" and "complaining purely for the sake of attention."
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:26 PM   #190

Okay so lets get a few things straight. I've been throwing out a lot of fails on this page, and I usually don't like failing people, so I'll explain myself.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the workers were chilling in my car with the A/C on (this was back in the summer).
Did you see them "chilling" in your car? Or are you making assumptions here? Why would the workers "chill" in your car, when they have their own area in the back to "chill" in?

Quote:
Little did they know, I can check the range of how much of my remaining gas will get me in my info on my nav screen. Prior to the repair, I noted that it was 53 km (I brought the car in with the gas light on). After the repair, it was 44 km. 9km gone, and I'm pretty sure it can't be from moving my car from the outside to the inside and to the paint booth and back out.
Actually, moving your car from the booth & out a few times CAN cause a 9km drop in the trip computer. Heck, even just starting the car a few times and turning it off will make a difference in the trip computer. Plus, there may have been multiple cars in the shop at the time, meaning they had to move your car more than once to make space. Very likely for any body shop.

Quote:
Any why do they have to unplug my dash cam when they're working on the body of my car?
This has been addressed before in the thread. They are not required to leave your dashcam on when working on your car. Your car is on their property and they have the right to decide if they want to be recorded by your camera.

Quote:
when I went and picked up my car, there were several teenagers working on my car and no I didn't go back and ask him, nor would I bring it back for him to fix after all that I've noticed.
The "teenagers" work for VIP Autospa. They were making sure that your car was clean for you when you picked it up. Would you rather they returned you a dirty car? That would give you something to complain about, eh?

Old 10-12-2015, 01:28 PM   #191
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Spoiler!
lol you're an idiot
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #192

Oh shit, I started the RS gang up lol. I simply stated my concerns in a review, replied to Geoc's false claim that they drove my car and here you all are lining up on this to boost your egos. Too funny.

What can I say? Typical RS'ers prey on comments like this with a magnifying glass, totally neglecting the fact that it was just a review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
Okay so lets get a few things straight. I've been throwing out a lot of fails on this page, and I usually don't like failing people, so I'll explain myself.

Did you see them "chilling" in your car? Or are you making assumptions here? Why would the workers "chill" in your car, when they have their own area in the back to "chill" in?

Actually, moving your car from the booth & out a few times CAN cause a 9km drop in the trip computer. Heck, even just starting the car a few times and turning it off will make a difference in the trip computer. Plus, there may have been multiple cars in the shop at the time, meaning they had to move your car more than once to make space. Very likely for any body shop.
Yup, I did state it was an assumption, and one can assume anything they like and bring it to people's attention. Whether you believe it or not, it's up to you.

I've owned this car for 4 years now and have played with the trip computer many times, driving and idling. I've idled for 10 or so minutes once in the winter to warm up my car and watched the km drop by 1. Like I said, it wasn't a big deal, but should be noted anyways.

Quote:
This has been addressed before in the thread. They are not required to leave your dashcam on when working on your car. Your car is on their property and they have the right to decide if they want to be recorded by your camera.
I didn't skim through the 6+ page to check this. And again, it wasn't a big deal, but should be noted anyways.

Quote:
The "teenagers" work for VIP Autospa. They were making sure that your car was clean for you when you picked it up. Would you rather they returned you a dirty car? That would give you something to complain about, eh?
So by keeping my car cleaned, it's okay to tear off my license plate and not notify me about that, because the teenagers were only mentioned during my complain about the license plate.

I kinda like to think my review was very neutral with positives and negatives. A review is simply a review, not a debate, discussion, argument. I stated everything that brought to my attention, simple as that. Take it with a grain of salt.

The only thing I was concerned and complained about in my review was the license plate being torn off and everything else I concluded as not that big of a deal and that I shrugged it off.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-12-2015, 02:34 PM   #193

Quote:
Yup, I did state it was an assumption, and one can assume anything they like and bring it to people's attention. Whether you believe it or not, it's up to you.
Then I guess it's safe for me to assume... That you lack common sense.

This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #194
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
mr butt hurt
Old 10-12-2015, 02:46 PM   #195
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,823 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
unless you recorded the odometer and it's significantly more, you don't have a point
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #196
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Lol, kind of funny how Mr. Chin may have made some questionable accusations, yet everything in the entire post became a "joke". Including those that decided to break down his post, glossed over anything that was possibly valid, such as the terrible paint job and the license plate issue.

Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-12-2015, 06:10 PM   #197

Quote:
The job was done extremely well especially for that price.
Quote:
the painting job was very good, almost like new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Lol, kind of funny how Mr. Chin may have made some questionable accusations, yet everything in the entire post became a "joke". Including those that decided to break down his post, glossed over anything that was possibly valid, such as the terrible paint job and the license plate issue.

Hmmm...

Old 10-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #198

^As for the license plate issue, that is a legitimate argument. However, I just wanted to point out all the arguments that did not make sense.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:23 PM   #199
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm...
I meant the overspray and the bumper being repainted. Sure, Mr. Chin got over it. But doesn't change the fact it wasn't an issue.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:30 PM   #200

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
No dude you're fucking retarded. A 9km variance in your fuel consumption is so minuscule that even mentioning it makes you look like such a fool. What you should have done when you brought your car in is take a picture of the odometer. That's it, that's the easiest way to tell if your car has been driven X distance.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: