REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-03-2015, 02:54 PM   #226
RS Licensed Vendor

Man these jokers are so hard to reach. I think I give up. They don't answer calls, they don't call back when they say they will. I think I've been optimistic and civil about this whole ordeal but this is it. I throw in the towel, my patience has been pushed to the limit.

I've been waiting for a grill for over a month and a half because they fucked it up the 3rd time I brought it in. He says he'll order it and have it painted so I can just come in and get it done. Call them/msg them to see if they have it in yet. No reply. Couple weeks later I finally get a hold of somebody and then he tells me he'll order it again. "I'll order it now, Let you know when it comes in". So another week or so I start calling more consistently and finally someone answers the phone. Now apparently there's a new owner, I talk to him and he says he'll talk to Talah. I call back couple days later to see what's going on, after 3 calls through out the day I reach Talah. Then he tells me he talked with the other guy and that there's no stock, they ordered it and it'll be awhile.

Since I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone today, I decided to just call Brian Jessel myself(@3pm dec.3)(closest BMW to them) and they'll have it to me tomorrow by noon.

Right about now, I've just about had it with these guys and their lies.

So now I feel ripped off. I've paid EXTRA money for work, that took 5X longer than expected, was given a beater loaner car that leaked oil on my garage floor (his reply when I told him was "lol oh yeah, I forgot to mention that"), less than stellar paint job, a grill they managed to fuck up while painting my bumper. So I'm out money for the grill they fucked up and I'm paying some ACTUAL competent people to do it. Let alone you broke the gas cap and denied it. (Why would you need to fill gas or open the gas cap if you weren't driving my car or working in that area?). I feel my car has come back to me in worse shape than when I brought it in. I just wanted some hairline cracks in the lip and chip in the middle of the bumper repaired. There's no actual damage otherwise.

Seriously, do us all a favour and be out of the business. I'm sick of this back and forth stuff, don't even care to fake my niceness about this shit experience anymore. The fact you told me it's not available, and I just called and they said I'll see it tomorrow was my final straw.

You constantly lie, charge more than others and do sub par work, drive peoples cars around like its yours and deny it also, and never keep your word. I'm just angry now. No I will not defend you about it, no I will not give it another chance, I'll just cut my loses and pay again to fix the things your shop fucked up.

GIVE ME all my money back, pay for the grill and I can pretend it never happened. The gas cap/oil stains/kms on car/and my headaches are on the house.

/end rant
Advertisement
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com

Last edited by Cman333; 12-05-2015 at 03:25 PM.
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #227
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
@cman333 , let me know if you want work done next time , ill refer you to a shop with no bullshit attached.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:23 PM   #228
I STILL don't get it

time for small claims? plenty of chances to own up to the bullshit by now tbh.
entrax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2015, 03:32 PM   #229
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
RIP
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2015, 03:36 PM   #230
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Make a yelp account so others don't have the same shitty experience you did.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:40 PM   #231
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
Make a yelp account so others don't have the same shitty experience you did.
I did on google and FB. Even told them to take the picture of my car off their FB.

their 4.4 stars and higher is what mislead me to begin with. I think all you guys with the bad experience probably should also review before some other unsuspecting person walks in thinking they're gonna get awesome work.

I wish meme started this thread weeks prior. I wouldn't have went to VIP to begin with. Honest reviews are pretty important. Wish I didn't only see the one sided ones only.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Old 12-03-2015, 03:53 PM   #232
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
I did on google and FB. Even told them to take the picture of my car off their FB.

their 4.4 stars and higher is what mislead me to begin with. I think all you guys with the bad experience probably should also review before some other unsuspecting person walks in thinking they're gonna get awesome work.

I wish meme started this thread weeks prior. I wouldn't have went to VIP to begin with. Honest reviews are pretty important. Wish I didn't only see the one sided ones only.
3.4 on FB now it seems.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:08 PM   #233
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
Man these jokers are so hard to reach. I think I give up. They don't answer calls, they don't call back when they say they will. I think I've been optimistic and civil about this whole ordeal but this is it. I throw in the towel, my patience has been pushed to the limit.

I've been waiting for a grill for over a month and a half because they fucked it up the 3rd time I brought it in. He says he'll order it and have it painted so I can just come in and get it done. Call them/msg them to see if they have it in yet. No reply. Couple weeks later I finally get a hold of somebody and then he tells me he'll order it again. "I'll order it now, Let you know when it comes in". So another week or so I start calling more consistently and finally someone answers the phone. Now apparently there's a new owner, I talk to him and he says he'll talk to Talah. I call back couple days later to see what's going on, after 3 calls through out the day I reach Talah. Then he tells me he talked with the other guy and that there's no stock, they ordered it and it'll be awhile.

Since I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone, I decided to just call Brian Jessel myself(@3pm dec.3)(closest BMW to them) and they'll have it to me tomorrow by noon.

Right about now, I've just about had it with these guys and their lies.

So now I feel ripped off. I've paid EXTRA money for work, that took 5X longer than expected, was given a beater loaner car that leaked oil on my garage floor (his reply when I told him was "lol oh yeah, I forgot to mention that"), less than stellar paint job, a grill they managed to fuck up while painting my bumper. So I'm out money for the grill they fucked up and I'm paying some ACTUAL competent people to do it. Let alone you broke the gas cap and denied it. (Why would you need to fill gas or open the gas cap if you weren't driving my car or working in that area?). I feel my car has come back to me in worse shape than when I brought it in. I just wanted some hairline cracks in the lip and chip in the middle of the bumper repaired. There's no actual damage otherwise.

Seriously, do us all a favour and be out of the business. I'm sick of this back and forth stuff, don't even care to fake my niceness about this shit experience anymore. The fact you told me it's not available, and I just called and they said I'll see it tomorrow was my final straw.

You constantly lie, charge more than others and do sub par work, drive peoples cars around like its yours and deny it also, and never keep your word. I'm just angry now. No I will not defend you about it, no I will not give it another chance, I'll just cut my loses and pay again to fix the things your shop fucked up.

GIVE ME all my money back, pay for the grill. The gas cap/oil stains/kms on car/and my headaches are on the house.

/end rant

Man they probably drove your car hard as fuck... I am sure glad I didnt take my car in for repairs when he pm'd me.

Last edited by hotong; 12-03-2015 at 04:13 PM.
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:11 PM   #234

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
@cman333 Not sure if I'm talking to the same guy at BPG that we normally deal with, but if you need any parts, paint or information you could always try calling the owner of the shop I'm at. I'm sure Billy will be able to hook you up with some better pricing for body shops and parts

@thread ... shit I now know what shop to definitely avoid. Seems like it's mistakes due to the same habit the owner has. Sure you learn from your mistakes, but mistakes in small amounts. Not so much just lack of common sense, right now you're pretty much learning from your mistakes at the cost of your customers. Not just small things here and there either. Do you not have any morals at all? How do you not feel like shit after you've been bashed so many times and still do the same things with other people's cars.

On another note, unplugging the dashcam is pretty common. We do it sometimes at our shop, but mainly if the car is staying for a few days so we don't have trouble starting it. If it's a simple in and out we don't usually unplug the dashcam. When I took my car over to TSS for mounting and balancing of tires they also unplugged my dashcam, didn't realize it until I got to work afterwards and noticed a dangling wire. Of course, I was slightly confused on why they took it off for a simple tire mounting, but it doesn't phase me at all in regards to my confidence in their work, they're still a great shop. I still remember when I had my hybrid and pulled it into Honda for some sort of maintenance, the mechanics had a good laugh at my car when it was pulled inside, pointing at the hood and spoiler They saw the dashcam and they instantly stopped laughing and unplugged the cam lmao

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #235

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
^ pics of hybrid
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:19 PM   #236

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Kind of embarrassing LOL, first car. But here's how it last sat before my step brother took it

The carbon hood ahah
Spoiler!

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2015, 05:05 PM   #237
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
sorry if this has been mentioned before as i haven't gone through every page. am i correct to say that the shop is icbc accredited? i drive by there often and see that awning/signage.

if they are pulling these stunts, can you folks not call icbc and complain about their shady practices and crappy work? if everything here said is true, their accreditation should be pulled and not cause other folks more troubles and headaches. no one's car should be treated this way.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2015, 05:31 PM   #238
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Cman have you been in contact with TS through RS ? he seems to be on here quite regularly, maybe instead of trying to call the shops for week pm him here and msg him regularly? I know you shouldnt have to, but just a sugggestion D:

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:31 PM   #239
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
Is VIP an icbc valet shop? If so, this thread should be forwarded to icbc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Dude chill the fuck out. If you have had an issue with the shop go ahead and tell them your issues. Otherwise you are just being malicious.
If people that have had experiences with the shop feel that is necessary sure, but why are you interested in that?
Been mention before
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:01 PM   #240
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
Cman have you been in contact with TS through RS ? he seems to be on here quite regularly, maybe instead of trying to call the shops for week pm him here and msg him regularly? I know you shouldnt have to, but just a sugggestion D:
I FB msg'd him few times over the last week or so. Once I made the post he msg'd me back on FB messenger pretty quickly.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #241
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:40 PM   #242
I bringith the lowerballerith

OGCStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:11 PM   #243

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGCStrike View Post
Seriously! This is getting ridiculous. Cman, time for some small claims action. Free parking at my place

Talah, clearly you are not interested in growing your business, especially if there is a new owner present(or maybe that was BS, who knows), but at least have the decency to post in here and let people know what's up so this can be put to bed. Maybe you're stepping away from the company due to stress, who knows. Without any public insight from you we're all just gonna think the worst.

The fact that this thread was created, you chimed in multiple times admitting your poor decision making skills and yet you are STILL pulling this BS is just crazy to me. It's a damn shame is what it is.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #244
RS Licensed Vendor

There's already a new owner. I think they're transitioning ownership. The new guy Sam sounds competent but still no one answering the phone, and no returned phone calls when they said they would. I'm sick of waiting and getting bs answers to string me along.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Old 12-03-2015, 09:05 PM   #245
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
The saga continues.

Cman I feel you man. You've cut your losses and said your peace, easiest thing to do is just move on now. There is nothing more to be had getting worked up over crap like this, there is enough shit to deal with in everyone's day with work/school, family, friends, hobbies, etc. that wasting time even thinking about this any further is not productive.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #246
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

dude cut the middle man and just go str8 to Fastrack Autobody if you want it done right the first time seriously.

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2015, 09:46 PM   #247
Need to Seek Professional Help

Well spring meet will be awkward. Wonder whose car he be drivin
Old 12-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #248
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
^ Nice user handle

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2015, 10:00 PM   #249
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
I hope my hardtop can be fixed up under warranty. Ts14 said he'd fix it (improper prep) but with this new owner, I'm hoping I don't get owned. 450 to repaint a roof was a bit steep IMO but he assured me that it would be done to a high standard...
Old 12-03-2015, 10:05 PM   #250
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,331 Times in 213 Posts
UGH i got a pm aswell asking if i needed work done which i am
I definitely considered them as the review back then was really good.
Thanks @meme405 for the thread save me the headache and trouble forsure!