REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-08-2015, 06:38 PM   #101
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
2 weeks to paint a bumper? da faq
orange peel and dust nips can be polished out. Must have been not very good to warrant a respray
First time I wasn't happy with so he's redoing it. Must admit, It's testing my patience. I know it shouldn't take this long, I'll wait as long as it comes out mint.
Advertisement
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:44 PM   #102
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
How is this guy making money, seems like he redoes every job
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 06:45 PM   #103
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Did they take the wheels off or something??? Just drove by and there is no wheels on the car!! That same E90.
Quote:
jk
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #104
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
How is this guy making money, seems like he redoes every job
Apparently by charging 50% more than the competition.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 07:03 PM   #105

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Yea I got quoted a lot for a bumper repaint before. I'm assuming hes hoping to maximize his margins from people that won't notice his subpar quality of work by over charging and rushing his jobs.

Your quotes seem too high and it seems like members are over paying for your work. If you want to charge so much make sure you don't rush your jobs and do it right the first time. Larger reputable shops that have been around for a long time aren't even charging as much as you. I suggest you work on your business plan
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:07 PM   #106
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
i suppose i should caveat my post by saying that i am a friend of ts14.

now, i'm not here to defend the guy cause in all actuality it seems like he did a pretty shitty job and fucked up your sub which he should pay for among other things. ts, if you're reading this fuck you cause you really did fuck up here big time buddy

what i do wanna point out is my perspective on the 400km on your odo.

people here are posting that he took it for a joy ride to whistler or did a fuck load of donuts and pounded that bitch to kelowna and back but to be logical here it doesnt seem like thats the case at all.

let me try and offer my theoretical explanation as to how your vehicle wound up with 400km.

the vehicle, while requested that it shouldnt be driven, was also requested to be stored safely.

according to ts, there was an issue with the ram or whatever thus there was difficulty storing the vehicle in the shop. lets give him the benefit of the doubt and simply assume this to be the truth as the building is old and so is the equipment inside.

he wanted to take "extra good care" of your vehicle and thus, brought it home to richmond where he could keep a "watchful" eye on it. (calling your home storage is pretty accurate lol but none the less you shoulda given the owner an honest heads up.)

arguably, i'd rather have my vehicle parked in a driveway in richmond than outfront of ts' shop as the area is sketch balls.

so lets do some math.

it takes approximately 20km (give or take 5km) to make it from VIP auto to central richmond ONE WAY. factor in the time frame, 2 weeks (14 days), he probably would have made 10 round trips with your vehicle to and from the shop (40km round trip X 10). 10 days could theoretically account for 10 business days in which he did work on your car.

i'm not saying this is the truth or defending the guy cause he fucked up here pretty good but it does provide a plausible theory. ts may have apologized and tried to own up for his mistake without actually thinking about how the kms wound up on the vehicle in the first place. rather he fell on the sword and owned up to the fact that the car had kms on it which the owner wasnt happy about and shouldered the blame.

did he fuck up? sure as hell he did.
should he be chastised for it? of course, sometimes it takes a beating to learn to make things right again
does he deserved to be crucified for it? not really, atleast not in my personal opinion.

just playing devils advocate here, in no way am i defending his lack of professionalism or the bro-talk or the shitty job he did but i thought i should toss this out there so that people can consider my view as well on the subject.

p.s. TS you fucked up big time here buddy, hope you learned from it
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 07:09 PM   #107

How old is this guy... Just curious?
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #108
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

if you can't store a car for 1 night you should tell the customer to bring it back when you have the parts so you can do it in 1 day or 2. Not be driving the car back and fourth. Its just plain stupid.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:05 PM   #109
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
Also by continuously responding on here he keeps bumping the thread to the top and making more people chime in and see it...like I just did
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:15 PM   #110
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^ what VR6 said..

Get whatever parts needed to replace + paper work done in advance of their appointment date (say, only bumper replace + paint etc). Once customer comes in and drops off car, everything is done and returned to customer within 2 days (give or take if anything happens during the process). Usual routine done at shop I work at.
Jaffray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:16 PM   #111
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
I had a longer post, but I will not speak on behalf of the RS Owner/Admin/Mod Team.

Personal opinion:

I will not be taking this thread down. I have not been asked to.

That being said, even if it were requested, I'm leaving this thread up. Sponsor or no Sponsor. (He's not) It stays.

He fucked up. He needs to deal with it.
Just don't go start a GoFundMe. But if you do, post it here.

I want this thread to be a reminder to EVERYBODY. If you had a shady dealing with a shop, or individual, SAY SOMETHING. Post it. Turning a blind eye, and chalking it up to a personal problem solves nothing. They'll just do it to the next person until they get put on blast.

That being said, Keep it clean. No Slander.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:28 PM   #112
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

OP...With an ICBC claim where you can choose ANY shop to goto.

You chose a small no name shop...in an undesirable location and without proper fencing/storage.

Both parties made poor judgment.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-08-2015, 09:36 PM   #113
Need to Seek Professional Help

He chose a shop that a lot of people have recommended. Had he known that others were having issues with the shop, I doubt he would have stuck with that choice.

I don't feel like that is poor judgement for selecting a shop.
Suprarz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:50 PM   #114
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffray View Post
^ what VR6 said..

Get whatever parts needed to replace + paper work done in advance of their appointment date (say, only bumper replace + paint etc). Once customer comes in and drops off car, everything is done and returned to customer within 2 days (give or take if anything happens during the process). Usual routine done at shop I work at.
I don't know too much about whether or not Meme405's claim was done through ICBC but if so, wouldn't dropping off his car earlier mean he can get a rental covered by ICBC sooner? If meme405 kept his car until the bumper was ready at the shop, he would be out without a car for a longer period of time
Then again, I have no idea on the scenario. Just a random thought that popped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
How old is this guy... Just curious?
Shop owner aka ts14 is young. Like early twenties.

Last edited by jinxcrusader; 10-08-2015 at 10:56 PM.
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:12 PM   #115
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post

Shop owner aka ts14 is young. Like early twenties.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:15 PM   #116
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
Not sure what that face is implying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
it takes approximately 20km (give or take 5km) to make it from VIP auto to central richmond ONE WAY. factor in the time frame, 2 weeks (14 days), he probably would have made 10 round trips with your vehicle to and from the shop (40km round trip X 10). 10 days could theoretically account for 10 business days in which he did work on your car.
What would be the reason for having the car for 10 days then. If the car can be moving from the shop every day (as in not in the process of having work done) it should have stayed at one place or another (as in storage if it wasn't started, or at the shop if it was started) for the duration of that. You don't do work on a car, put it back together, take it somewhere, take it back somewhere, work on it again, put it back together again, drive it somewhere, etc.

I don't feel like piling on any judgement on the situation, but had to say something about your "theory."
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.

Last edited by westopher; 10-08-2015 at 11:22 PM.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:53 PM   #117
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
how long has this shop been open and how are we just hearing about this now? I admit i'd probably just chalk it up as a one time mistake because the PR damage would be over 9000.

what a shame, because ts offered some good input when I had issues with my body shop.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:51 AM   #118
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
You asshole. You ignored my PM 2 weeks ago when I asked about painting a spoiler.
I ended up getting it done somewhere else.
I guess in hindsight, good thing you did ignored me. Probably saved me a massive headache.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 05:06 AM   #119
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Not sure what that face is implying.

What would be the reason for having the car for 10 days then. If the car can be moving from the shop every day (as in not in the process of having work done) it should have stayed at one place or another (as in storage if it wasn't started, or at the shop if it was started) for the duration of that. You don't do work on a car, put it back together, take it somewhere, take it back somewhere, work on it again, put it back together again, drive it somewhere, etc.

I don't feel like piling on any judgement on the situation, but had to say something about your "theory."
I honestly have no idea lol.

Like I said it was just a theory. I guess that since the work required wasn't mechanical or large (I.e. Replacing bumpers/fenders etc) the vehicle could still easily be driven. You're entirely right that the vehicle shouldn't have been moved from place to place though if work wasn't being done on it. I don't have any knowledge of auto body work so I proposed my theory based on what I do know and merely presented an alternate view of things .
Old 10-09-2015, 05:37 AM   #120
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
I don't know too much about whether or not Meme405's claim was done through ICBC but if so, wouldn't dropping off his car earlier mean he can get a rental covered by ICBC sooner? If meme405 kept his car until the bumper was ready at the shop, he would be out without a car for a longer period of time
Then again, I have no idea on the scenario. Just a random thought that popped up.
The claim was done through ICBC. I did not get a loaner car or a rental vehicle. Was a bit of an annoyance just because I had to get back from the shop after dropping off the car, and get to the shop to pick it up. But that has nothing to do with VIP. It's not their problem. I think VIP actually offered to give me a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
i suppose i should caveat my post by saying that i am a friend of ts14.

now, i'm not here to defend the guy cause in all actuality it seems like he did a pretty shitty job and fucked up your sub which he should pay for among other things. ts, if you're reading this fuck you cause you really did fuck up here big time buddy

what i do wanna point out is my perspective on the 400km on your odo.

people here are posting that he took it for a joy ride to whistler or did a fuck load of donuts and pounded that bitch to kelowna and back but to be logical here it doesnt seem like thats the case at all.

let me try and offer my theoretical explanation as to how your vehicle wound up with 400km.

the vehicle, while requested that it shouldnt be driven, was also requested to be stored safely.

according to ts, there was an issue with the ram or whatever thus there was difficulty storing the vehicle in the shop. lets give him the benefit of the doubt and simply assume this to be the truth as the building is old and so is the equipment inside.

he wanted to take "extra good care" of your vehicle and thus, brought it home to richmond where he could keep a "watchful" eye on it. (calling your home storage is pretty accurate lol but none the less you shoulda given the owner an honest heads up.)

arguably, i'd rather have my vehicle parked in a driveway in richmond than outfront of ts' shop as the area is sketch balls.

so lets do some math.

i'm not saying this is the truth or defending the guy cause he fucked up here pretty good but it does provide a plausible theory. ts may have apologized and tried to own up for his mistake without actually thinking about how the kms wound up on the vehicle in the first place. rather he fell on the sword and owned up to the fact that the car had kms on it which the owner wasnt happy about and shouldered the blame.

did he fuck up? sure as hell he did.
should he be chastised for it? of course, sometimes it takes a beating to learn to make things right again
does he deserved to be crucified for it? not really, atleast not in my personal opinion.

just playing devils advocate here, in no way am i defending his lack of professionalism or the bro-talk or the shitty job he did but i thought i should toss this out there so that people can consider my view as well on the subject.

p.s. TS you fucked up big time here buddy, hope you learned from it
I'm sorry. But your "theory" is down right stupid. It probably would explain some of the km's your right, and believe me I have thought about that exact situation, but your theory appears to gloss entirely over the fact that apparently it is supposed to be okay for my car was driven back and forth from this dudes house 10 times!?

If TS was driving my car back and forth from his house in richmond he was not "keeping it safe", he was just using my car as his personal limousine for 2 weeks. You are naive if you think that for 2 weeks he couldn't find a way to get my car into the shop and keep it there. When he told me that he was taking my car to richmond, I assumed it would be just for that first weekend, and then on monday the car would be taken back to the shop when they are working, and it would be moved into the shop and kept there. If he had told me there wasn't room, and that instead he would be driving my car back and forth from his house everyday I would have told him to go fuck a hat.

I have a text from him on the Thursday June 4, saying the car is done and just waiting for wrap (which would have to wait till monday cause Wrap-Workz was busy). So even given your explanation there was no need to drive the car on friday, saturday or sunday. Monday the car was taken to wrap workz. It was there for three days, those guys didn't move it more than a few hundred feet, I believe them, they had my car for over a month before and the car sat in one place for the entire time.

But regardless, lets walk through your "theory" step by step just to show how ridiculous it is.

Saturday May 30 - I drop off the car. The car goes to richmond. Distance ~20km.

Sunday May 31 - NO REASON TO MOVE THE CAR.

Monday June 1 - Car is driven back to VIP. Distance ~20km. Then for some fucked up reason the car is driven back to richmond, stupid but lets roll with it. Distance ~20km. Total for the day ~40km.

Tuesday June 2 - Car is driven back and forth again. ~40km

Wednesday June 3 - Car is driven back and forth again ~40km

Thursday June 4 - I have a text saying the car is completed and waiting for wrap (appointment the following monday). Driven round trip ~40km.

Friday June 5 - No reason to move a car just waiting for wrap.

Saturday June 6 - Same as above

Sunday June 7 - Same as above

Monday June 8 - Car is already in richmond. Wrap workz is in richmond. Car is driven to wrap workz. Distance ~5km?

Tuesday June 9 - Car doesn't move cause it's in responsible hands

Wednesday June 10 - Car is picked up by TS. Driven round trip. Distance ~40km

Thursday June 11 - Car is driven round trip. Distance ~40km.

Friday June 12 - Car is driven to the shop. I pick it up there ~20km.

TOTAL KM's - 280km.

Now do you actually see how fucking far 400km's is?

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:49 AM   #121
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
... but your theory appears to gloss entirely over the fact that apparently it is supposed to be okay for my car was driven back and forth from this dudes house 10 times!?
i never said it was ok for him to drive your car back and forth for safe keeping, merely proposed the idea as a possibility.

you do make good points on mileage and i concede that it trumps my theory.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:59 AM   #122
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
awaiting cman response as to the quality of work
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:34 AM   #123
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Has anyone's head been fucked yet? Had to.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:05 AM   #124
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone's head been fucked yet? Had to.
I reported to the dean already
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 10:52 AM   #125
I subscribe to Revscene

Well at least after this thread,
the shop will have a lot more space for "storage".
Wouldn't have to put 400kms on their cars then. xD