REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-05-2015, 08:08 PM   #276
RS Lurker, I don't post!

What the hell! I thought I was the only one.

I had a bumper replaced on my Jaguar XJ at VIP two weeks ago. When I got it back there was 250 more KMs on it! I could not prove anything though because I am absolutely positive he forged the paper work. I remember it was at around 77,890 when I brought it in. When I got it back it was just over 78,100 km.

I feel so angry and helpless. If you have a nice car take my advice and don't go to VIP. Only an idiot would go back to VIP after reading all these horror stories.
Advertisement
Navtakar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-05-2015, 08:17 PM   #277
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Wow what a scumbag. i believe it.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:40 AM   #278
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,184 Times in 358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky View Post
What about Open Road Auto Body in Richmond?? Are they any good? or do they charge too much?? I need a fist sized dent fixed
They detail your car and have a lifetime guarantee on their work.
They're also Audi certified to work on aluminum, which must mean that their shop is pretty clean.

Sometimes a little sloppy with their work - had a bumper that their tried to bondo when they told me they were gonna replace it
AstulzerRZD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #279

Thanked 2,496 Times in 555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD View Post
They detail your car and have a lifetime guarantee on their work.
They're also Audi certified to work on aluminum, which must mean that their shop is pretty clean.

Sometimes a little sloppy with their work - had a bumper that their tried to bondo when they told me they were gonna replace it
I've been inside Open Road Auto Body before. It's always clean, regardless if they're working on aluminium or not. Someone's always sweeping their area.

There's one separate area/booth that is strictly used for aluminium only, separated by curtains. Nobody was using it when I was there though.
8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023

'99 SAAB 9-3 (3DR) (5MT) (sold)
'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT)
27th Sept 2015 - 17th Sept 2017

'03 Corolla (4AT)
2009-2020

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #280
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
I've used (Open Road) Richmond Auto Body 4 times cuz the wife's CRV keeps getting hit by idiots. It's bad when the guys work there recognize you and your car when you walk in.

Each time, the repair work and paint match was good. But there's always a bit of overspray or something over the car each time , have to hit it with the clay bar and polish to take it off.

They have a Hertz inside, so it makes dealing with the rental/courtesy car easier.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2015, 11:54 AM   #281
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,104 Times in 974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASA View Post
I've used (Open Road) Richmond Auto Body 4 times cuz the wife's CRV keeps getting hit by idiots. It's bad when the guys work there recognize you and your car when you walk in.
Why is it bad when they recognize you?
Old 12-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #282

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
^Because it means you're frequenting some place you don't really want to go to often.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #283
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Anybody own a 2013+ benz ML? They took it on a lunch run to tims on Byrne rd

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2015, 01:15 PM   #284

Well they have had a new owner for the past 3 weeks haven't they? So i can't see the same thing keep on happening, that seems pretty ludicrous.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:31 PM   #285
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Well they have had a new owner for the past 3 weeks haven't they? So i can't see the same thing keep on happening, that seems pretty ludicrous.
Look like the same dude and the passenger looks like the painter on the photo in the first few page on this thread.

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:43 PM   #286
I don't get it

Read first page, what kind of car is it ? Fully modded i bet. But what kind of car can lure a shop owner to drive 400kms ??? lol
Stormspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-08-2015, 04:14 PM   #287
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
You must be new here....
Old 12-09-2015, 01:35 PM   #288
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
They currently have my car and are so far doing their best to rectify the outstanding items, so we'll see once I've the car back.
I'm offended. You're at fasttrack like erry week yet you never come by to take me out to lunch or was it my turn to take you out for lunch?

P.S. You should see our 02s.

EDITED to be relatively on topic: There's like two really well received shops in my work area, Fast Track and Open Road Auto Body, but they're both always busy as hell. I called around and ended up taking my rear bumper to JL Brothers on Minoru after an independant fucked up the color matching on a pearl white - they spent the first day trying to figure out what the hell was up with factory spec because nothing they got from the manufacturers matched the original color of the bumper and body. One of the owners (brothers, as from the name of the company) ended up dropping me off at home that day because it was supposed to be done and I had no ride, but they didn't want to make guesswork out of it and have the damn thing repainted a third time, so they spent another day making sure they got it perfect and I was impressed with the final result.

Doesn't take a business guru to run a business properly and treat your customers with top notch service.

Last edited by RicePanda; 12-09-2015 at 01:46 PM.
RicePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #289

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
That fucking douche owner...doesn't even admit he drove more cars around than one..
Anyone gonna teach'em a lesson yet or no?.....LMK
Old 12-10-2015, 03:16 PM   #290
RS Licensed Vendor

I got my car back from Grand Performance. Vic and the guys did a great job. I told them about my previous mishap and pointed out the things that bugged me. I got my car back today (4 days), I got a PROPER loaner car that doesn't leak, I don't see cracks in the lip, no visible runs (it's raining today), all the trouble areas we're fixed, repaired the damage done by VIP, and my grill is painted and installed. They even cleaned my car and didn't charge me (VIP charged me to wash my car after they made it dirty).

Basically overall good experience, this is kind of how it's suppose to be. Simple and easy.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2015, 03:22 PM   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
(VIP charged me to wash my car after they made it dirty).
Huh?? You should have refused to pay.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2015, 04:00 PM   #292
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
unfortunately for cman it sounds like he paid VIP more money to get a proper job done(or so he thought). So paying more doesn't mean your always getting a product. Communicating with the shop of what your expectations are is a must.

Yup.

I was VERY explicit about my expectations. If it comes back looking worse or not aligned properly I won't be happy. I mentioned I wanted it to look 100% like new, perfect paint match and everything. There's not a single accident on my vehicle and I was just repairing rock chips, and paint stress cracks. Zero actual damage to the vehicle.

I was told it would be complete in 3 days and would get a courtesy car. He rented a new Hyundai. I ended up keeping the rental for like 1.5 week. He tells me it's done, I asked if the cars clean because I saw pics he sent me and the car was dirty from all the work they did, he said he'll wash it for $20. Sure whatever. EVERY shop I know, washes it after their done free.

Then when I got the car back at night, I gave it a quick glance but couldn't see much because it was so dark. The next day, I inspected in the sun, and see tons of imperfections. Runs, Dust, paint flaking, paint cracks (the shit I wanted fixed), globs of paint build up in the corners, etc. So oddly enough a week after I get my car back my car is having issues, I bring it to my mechanic (which is 2 blocks away from VIP), then have him drop off my car to VIP after he's done. He then keeps it another 1+ week. Meanwhile my mechanic has been kind enough to loan me his loaner. I emphasize I do not want to bring the car back a 3rd time. Make sure it's perfect, keep it longer, but MAKE SURE IT'S MINT. VIP dude tells me he's going the extra mile, and he would normally charge extra, etc etc. Who charges extra to fix their own fuck ups. That's just stupid.

Anyways, I get my car back again, this time the runs are gone but now there's paint flaking in other areas, dust in the clear, and they burned through the paint while polishing. So I tell him, he now needs to repaint it again. I tell him, this is the LAST time. MAKE SURE IT'S 100%.

My car is now at VIP the 3rd time. Meme makes this thread, and I realize I'm not a singular case. It's happened to tons of people. But now he already has my car. Not much I can do but hope maybe he'll pull through. So I get a leaky POS car. Tells me the usual, It'll be done in a few days. 2+ weeks later after all the RS drama he finally finishes it and the job is like "okay". Still dust, and globs of paint in the corner. I figure fuckit, I'll live with it. Then I notice my grill and gas cap cord is fucked. UGH.

Either or, I'm sure I was VERY explicit with my expectations. By the 3rd time, I found myself just settling for sub par work just so I don't lose my car for 2 more weeks.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2015, 04:05 PM   #293
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Huh?? You should have refused to pay.
I didn't care at the time, I just was expecting a crazy good job. He made it sound like they did an amazing job. Kept saying he went the extra mile, he would normally charge extra. Even though I already paid extra. So for $20 I can deal with it. I ended up giving them extra money as a tip too.

From all the "positive" reviews, I felt confident the 1st time it would come out mint. Boy was I wrong.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2015, 04:05 PM   #294
Need to Seek Professional Help

Most, if not all bodyshops usually provide a courtesy car wash/clean up for the customers vehicle.
Charging seems ridiculous unless you requests some extra work(polishing etc)
Suprarz666 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2015, 04:10 PM   #295
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
Pics or didn't happen
Old 12-10-2015, 04:22 PM   #296
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
I didn't care at the time, I just was expecting a crazy good job. He made it sound like they did an amazing job. Kept saying he went the extra mile, he would normally charge extra. Even though I already paid extra. So for $20 I can deal with it. I ended up giving them extra money as a tip too.

From all the "positive" reviews, I felt confident the 1st time it would come out mint. Boy was I wrong.
So Cmann you recommend grand performance? I need to take my car to a bodyshop soon!
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:42 PM   #297
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
grand performance is a great place to deal with. Dont know in terms of product results but they get parts from us, and theyre a blast to deal with super friendly

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:48 PM   #298
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
@xplicitluder where do you work at?

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:49 PM   #299
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
@xplicitluder where do you work at?
performance rad

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:50 PM   #300
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotong View Post
So Cmann you recommend grand performance? I need to take my car to a bodyshop soon!
I'd recommend them. They did a good job, my car was cleaned after they finished, provided me with a decent car, finished the job in a reasonable time line, no extra km's, NO RESIDUE ALL OVER FROM POLISHING, bumper was aligned properly.

All my black trims/mesh/grill were covered in white residue when VIP polished it, this time I don't see any. I don't feel embarrassed to drive it.

I nitpicked all the areas that VIP seemed to mess up, but no globs of paint in the corners, no cracks in the paint, and no runs. It was hard for me to see due to the rain, I'm gonna head home soon into my garage and comb it over and see if there's dust in the clear.

UPDATE: Checked over, two small areas need a light buff and we're set. I'll let the paint set a bit first. Otherwise the job met my standards.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com

Last edited by Cman333; 12-10-2015 at 06:09 PM.