REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #351
RS Licensed Vendor

Update: Talked to the new owner. He just basically apologized profusely. I feel bad because he just walked into a shit storm of bills that he was left to clean up.

He agreed to pay me back the rental charge. I'll cut my loses on the grill/gas cap. He'll have something mailed out to me and I should see it sometime after xmas. Once I get the cheque I'll delete my reviews/posts.

By the sounds of it, he's making big changes, aside from having to keep the name (ICBC reasons), nothing else is the same. So I guess only time will tell. Hopefully we'll have actual positive reviews for VIP.

Thanks for everyone's help and input (regardless of whether I agree with the opinion, I appreciate it nonetheless). Happy Holidays. I guess we can put this one to rest for now unless Talha still some how manages to strike again. We may need to change the title to "my experience with TS14"

PS: Talha you fucked up big time. You seemed like a good kid, but don't ever open another business unless you know what's going on. You're lucky Sam bailed you out and you should thank him. Remember things will always catch up with you, you can only fake things for so long. You're still an asshole in my books though.
Advertisement
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com

Last edited by Cman333; 12-22-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #352
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,452 Times in 5,114 Posts
That Sam guy sounds pretty stand up, I mean if it was me I'd be like fuck why do I have to pay for the previous owners mistakes... Sucks that he has all these extra fees just to keep his ICBC account intact, I bet nobody is more pissed at Talha than him he's got everyone's problems to deal with not just what each one of you are dealing with individually... Can't imagine the stories he is hearing
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2015, 04:31 PM   #353
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
I would be mad too if I were scammed like that. Although the scale is completely different, I was too lied to by a bodyshop who said they would finish painting a piece in 2 weeks. I went there on the date when he promised it'd be done. 2 weeks turned to 5 weeks and 3 visits. On my last visit, I took my part and left for another bodyshop. No money involved, I know.

But that isn't the point that I'm trying to get across. My point is, you represent your company on this forum because you are officially listed as a vendor. It's like donning a uniform on the street cussing like mad or road raging in a company vehicle. What you do in your uniform publicly affects how other people perceive your company. It is like that road rage video of that plumbing van posted a couple months ago, would you use that company to fix your plumbing problems? Probably not since they lost their credibility by doing dangerous acts like road raging.

It's none of our concern if you speak of this matter with Talha and his family privately or if you gather enough evidence to present your case in court. It is also none of our concern if you posted your stuff using a private account unaffiliated with your company. But it is a concern to use a vendor account to publicly post bits of private personal information in a public forum due to the reasons stated above.
Woo people are talking about the crazy plumbing van that cut me off. Anyways, I'm tired of this bs (not saying your post is bs, bare with me). The bs that just because you're a vendor or you work for a shop that you suddenly have to act professional everywhere with everyone.

Just going to go on bit of a rant here. I sold my Miata a while back, and the buyer came from Kerrisdale to the shop I work at over in Richmond for an inspection at my shop (at his expense). Everything looked good, so he bought the car, but since it's a Miata, I couldn't fit any of my spare parts and they were at home (wheels, bumpers, random shit). We agree that I can drop it off at his work place in Burnaby since I also live in Burnaby, and Kerrisdale is hella far. A few weeks later, no contact from the guy, so I message him asking if he wants his parts still since it's taking up my space. He says yeah, deliver it to Kerrisdale, and I just said no, we agreed on Burnaby. He then pulls this crap on me saying that he lives in Kerrisdale and that there's no way he would lug a bunch of parts home from his workplace, even though he agreed to it in the beginning. I told him there's no way I'm going to Kerrisdale when we made a deal, and he didn't even pay for the inspection yet like he agreed to. The guy then says "Look kid, don't talk to me like this I'm older than you and you're representing your shop. Use a shop car to drive it down" (the guy is in his 40s and I was 20). I cut him off before he went any further, telling him to either pick up his shit at his workplace like we agreed to, or I'm throwing it away. Got into a huge argument, I told him to fuck off and hung up.

Basically, yes I'm representing my shop when I'm at work and sometimes outside of work to potential customers. However, I do not represent my shop in my own personal matters. If I were selling my own car outside of my work hours on craigslist, my shop is NOT involved in the process. Same if I was getting my car painted or whatever work done. Yes if something messes up at the shop I work at, the shop covers all the expenses. If a customer is unhappy about something, the shop will do everything and usually swallow expenses even though they are not at fault. But as a worker here, I do not expect and I will not pay more for shit that is not my fault.

I understand where you're coming from jcmaz, and I do not mean to be offensive but you're almost making it sound like just because you're in a business you have to act professional 24/7 to everyone and suck it up otherwise, even in personal matters, which doesn't make much sense.

Spoiler!

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2015, 04:44 PM   #354
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
That sounds rather contradicting.
You took the incident to your personal matter, told the guy off but in the end because of the company image that has stamped through the process you eventually had to deliver the parts to him?
Your conclusion rather sounds something like "you can tell people to fuck off even if you are representing a business, but in the end you still have to suck their dicks"
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:30 PM   #355
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,698 Times in 1,626 Posts
Hahaha, I was impressed at how he maintained his strong stance all things considered.

...and then I read the spoiler and I was both disappointed and laughing
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2015, 06:07 PM   #356
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I hope you somehow get compensated directly from Talha out of pocket Cman. How positive are you that the shop is actually under new ownership and they not just saying that for damage control purposes? I only say that because if you do a registry search, the corporate filings still list Talah/Talha and one of his relatives. It's business 101/common sense that when you purchase a business/ownership change, one of the first things you do is update the corporate filings, even a monkey knows that.

Honestly, after all this I'm more inclined to shop at BPG.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2015, 06:41 PM   #357
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
I hope you somehow get compensated directly from Talha out of pocket Cman. How positive are you that the shop is actually under new ownership and they not just saying that for damage control purposes? I only say that because if you do a registry search, the corporate filings still list Talah/Talha and one of his relatives. It's business 101/common sense that when you purchase a business/ownership change, one of the first things you do is update the corporate filings, even a monkey knows that.

Because paperwork times to process with the government? And I am amusing you paid the minimum 10$ to do it proper from the Government registry search as well.

Even if it is damage control still seems that the wrinkles are being ironed out as we speak..
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-21-2015, 07:02 PM   #358
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9 View Post
Because paperwork times to process with the government? And I am amusing you paid the minimum 10$ to do it proper from the Government registry search as well.

Even if it is damage control still seems that the wrinkles are being ironed out as we speak..
Perhaps, its only taken a 2-3 days for the registrar to process other submissions to update corporate information at least electronically. I have access to various public and private databases through my private security/PMC businesses. Hopefully the shop has really changed and the individual responsible for taking joyrides in customers cars is really no longer involved.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:31 PM   #359
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,077 Posts
I used to laugh at a lot of ts14's posts... thought he was pretty funny and seemingly buddies with a lot of RS from what I read. Too bad he turned out to be a turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2015, 10:15 PM   #360
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
I can sort of see jcmaz's thought process here, and if this was something like that fuckup with Nengun I'd tend to agree, but it isn't. The work Cman had done didn't involve his company in any way nor does it involve any client of his company so his reaction to this bullshit shouldn't reflect on his company at all.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:12 AM   #361
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post

My first thoughts when I read there was a "new owner" was it's probably one of Talha's relatives or buddies. Seen it happen before with other businesses for various other reasons but I wouldn't be surprised in this situation.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:17 PM   #362
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
That sounds rather contradicting.
You took the incident to your personal matter, told the guy off but in the end because of the company image that has stamped through the process you eventually had to deliver the parts to him?
Your conclusion rather sounds something like "you can tell people to fuck off even if you are representing a business, but in the end you still have to suck their dicks"
Yeah, I know it's contradicting lol. In the end my manager told me to just do it so I didn't really have a choice. I still think it's retarded that people are expected to act professional for their personal matters just because they work at any business to protect their name, and that's where I wanted to go with my post but the rant just kinda spiraled off. If I could redo my transaction a second time I would just tell the guy off and leave it at that.

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #363
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Everything cman did was completely professional. The only part I could comment on is when he posted ts14's address with asterisks, mixed with numbers. Instead he could have waited for the results from Sam first or completely stop writing after he stated his intentions to speak with ts14's parents.

It is unfortunate that this kind of BS happened to those who were affected and especially to a vendor because then people expect professionalism from their post 24/7. Those reasons are why some people dont like to disclose their work information out there in the streets by wearing company sweaters, jackets or hats.

Last edited by i-vtecyo; 12-22-2015 at 04:13 PM.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:51 PM   #364
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Waiting for ts14
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 02:47 AM   #365
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Rookie RS member here...I just read this whole thread in one sitting.

Absolute gold.

It seems you can't trust anyone these days.
Curren$y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #366
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curren$y View Post
Rookie RS member here...I just read this whole thread in one sitting.

Absolute gold.

Unfortunately you're more or less right, but I think the reason this was such a big problem is that due to TS14 being an RS sponsor, people here are very good about supporting RS sponsors, as it seems the vast majority of them do really good work. Normally when someone hears that a shop did X wrong, they don't go to them, but with VIP people still went to them until the bitter end.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:10 AM   #367
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
He was not affiliated with RS, other than being friends with and doing work for a small number of other users. I'm sure it was the reviews of said users that helped others on here, give his shop a chance.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2015, 09:34 AM   #368
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curren$y View Post
You've never been able to trust anyone, it's just more obvious thanks to the internet.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:50 AM   #369
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I don't think Ts14/VIP Autobody was ever a sponsor on here
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2015, 11:02 AM   #370
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
I don't think Ts14/VIP Autobody was ever a sponsor on here
Oh I didn't know that. My bad.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:45 AM   #371
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I've known C since 2003 and I can honestly say he's a stand up guy. I had tons of audio work done by him during his boyz audio days without any issues so his post doesn't reflect what type of person he is or how he operates his business, hell I think he was too easy on this guy for the BS he put him through.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2015, 12:58 PM   #372
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
He was on bcbimmers. It was immediately refunded and cancelled
Old 12-23-2015, 01:02 PM   #373
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Cman333 = RS OG

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2015, 01:31 PM   #374
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
To be honest, Talha's refusal to respond any further to the thread is the only intelligent thing he's done. It's obvious that he's only worsening the situation he's made for himself with his feeble responses.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2015, 06:32 PM   #375
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
He was not affiliated with RS, other than being friends with and doing work for a small number of other users. I'm sure it was the reviews of said users that helped others on here, give his shop a chance.
This.

VIP was never a sponsor on RS, but since the owner was a member, and there was a few people who had done work with him and praised him I decided to give them a chance.

One of the final things that drove me to make this thread was that constant threads asking for autobody recommendations were being responded to with VIP. So I decided to set it straight for everyone.

After all of this if anyone still wants to visit VIP well then they know what to expect.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: