REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Tesla Model 3 first look coming March 31 as pressures mount (https://www.revscene.net/forums/707593-tesla-model-3-first-look-coming-march-31-pressures-mount.html)

twitchyzero 11-16-2017 09:30 PM

hope people aren't dumb enough to throw tesla a 50k loan

the model 3 is suffering from delays as expected...and they want to introduce 2 more models? ha.

silicon valley hubris at its finest

Nlkko 11-16-2017 09:48 PM

1.9 sec 0-60
8.9 sec 1/4 mile
620 mile highway range
Beautiful car.

asian_XL 11-16-2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8872464)
1.9 sec 0-60
8.9 sec 1/4 mile
620 mile highway range
Beautiful car.

it probably weight 6000lb with 200kwh battery

thumper 11-17-2017 04:14 AM

coverage from yesterday's reveal:

Badhobz 11-17-2017 06:43 AM

utter insanity. If they can pull this off for 150k, i think ill jump on board. Elon looks more like a bond villian with each press release.

I just bought a new friggin toy :okay:

edit: nevermind, i read its going to be north of 200k USD. so probably 250k canuck buck.

Bender Unit 11-17-2017 10:53 AM

Well, 1st thing first

Let get the model 3 production going.
made deposit within 30 minutes of online reservation.
now it said my expect delivery is Late 2018.
2.5 years wait FailFish

thumper 11-17-2017 10:58 AM

did they say that the truck and this roadster won't happen until after 2020?

threezero 11-17-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 8872500)
utter insanity. If they can pull this off for 150k, i think ill jump on board. Elon looks more like a bond villian with each press release.

I just bought a new friggin toy :okay:

edit: nevermind, i read its going to be north of 200k USD. so probably 250k canuck buck.

cant believe ppl are falling for this.

Havn't even iron out the production issue with model 3 that elon has ALREADY TAKEN LOTS OF DEPOSIT FOR.

goes ahead and spent R&D money and time on two new model that you know wont be deliver anywhere near their promise date.

silicon valley at its best. this is a car manufacture company that at one point is worth more than GM

twitchyzero 11-17-2017 12:06 PM

when model 3 reservations opened...i predicted shipping for Canada to start late 2019 or 2020+ as they were having serious problems with the production of the x

i think the semi-truck is good
they say it's just a scaled up model 3

but this is not the right time to be re-introducing a low-volume sports car though...it's the exact opposite mantra of making Teslas affordable and thus electric car mass market with the 3 and they are failing to even deliver on that

this is basically crowdsourcing...pledge us...and your product might eventually come...no promise if it would even come close to what we had projected for.

threezero 11-17-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8872544)
when model 3 reservations opened...i predicted shipping for Canada to start late 2019 or 2020+ as they were having serious problems with the production of the x

i think the semi-truck is good
they say it's just a scaled up model 3

but this is not the right time to be re-introducing a low-volume sports car though...it's the exact opposite mantra of making Teslas affordable and thus electric car mass market with the 3 and they are failing to even deliver on that

this is basically crowdsourcing...pledge us...and your product might eventually come...no promise if it would even come close to what we had projected for.

Elon is not running tesla like the car manufacturing company it is.

But i think this unveil is Elon admitting that he was way over his head with the mass production affordable model 3.

tesla investors should be piss off on how many different project elon is taking on despite setback and critical delay on what was suppose to be the company's lifeline mass production model 3.

tesla stock bubble need to pop

Nlkko 11-17-2017 01:22 PM

twitchyZERO and threeZERO are not happy with this release. :fullofwin:

twitchyzero 11-17-2017 01:57 PM

would love to have a tesla-like EV

except i'm not confident they'll be around as a car mfg when i'm looking for a new ride if they keep this up (new model announcements to get a quick loan when the 3 is suffering)

Quote:

The company said it would produce 1,500 Model 3s in the third quarter but only produced 260
https://www.recode.net/2017/11/1/165...-earnings-2017

threezero 11-17-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8872568)
would love to have a tesla-like EV

except i'm not confident they'll be around as a car mfg when i'm looking for a new ride if they keep this up (new model announcements to get a quick loan when the 3 is suffering)

https://www.recode.net/2017/11/1/165...-earnings-2017

this.

loblaw walmart has already pre order the semi.

Tesla is setting themselves up for a world of hurt when they can't deliver both the consumer mass production model 3 AND preordered semi for the retail sector.

Dont get me wrong I like the new release I really do. But until they fix their production issue. All tesla is known for is false promise and that they spent investor's money on making new prototypes that we now all know they can't deliver.

When you production line still hand building mass production car, clearly the priority is to release new models and take preorders for that first.:fullofwin:

!LittleDragon 11-19-2017 07:02 PM

Rented a Model S in Vegas last week. Impressed with the way it drove. Did not like the charge time. Took about 9 hours to charge from 60% to full using the hotel charger.

Did not like everything being controlled by the screen. Took 3 taps to open the roof. Had to take my eyes off the road to do it. Same for things like setting the climate. Put some knobs and buttons back into the car .

If I worked at Tesla, I'd build a Electric/Hydrogen hybrid. You can go your 300 mile range on electric and if the battery dies, it can operate as a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle. You can fill it up with hydrogen as well as plug it in to charge. Which ever is more convenient. Even better, the car can use the hydrogen fuel cell to charge the batteries when you're not driving it.

Lomac 11-19-2017 08:20 PM

Unfortunately Tesla is far from the only car company to use screens to control almost every aspect of the car. I do agree, though, that certain things should still be kept seperate from the main control screen. Volvo's system is the best I've seen/used so far (haven't driven a Tesla yet, so I can't comment on that one) but even with that I was still wishing for physical buttons to adjust the heater fan.

Gerbs 11-19-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 8872548)
tesla stock bubble need to pop

What valuation would you place on $TSLA?

Nlkko 11-20-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 8872878)
Unfortunately Tesla is far from the only car company to use screens to control almost every aspect of the car. I do agree, though, that certain things should still be kept seperate from the main control screen. Volvo's system is the best I've seen/used so far (haven't driven a Tesla yet, so I can't comment on that one) but even with that I was still wishing for physical buttons to adjust the heater fan.

Tech control scale better vs. analog control. They can push OTA update if there's an issue vs. having to recall an entire model line.

They need to improve their voice command system though. It's rubbish so it's true you have to play with the screen a lot to get shit done. We own a model S.

Hector3Civics 11-21-2017 05:36 PM

looks nutty

Lomac 11-21-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8872958)
Tech control scale better vs. analog control. They can push OTA update if there's an issue vs. having to recall an entire model line.

They need to improve their voice command system though. It's rubbish so it's true you have to play with the screen a lot to get shit done. We own a model S.

Oh, I agree that OTA updates are fantastic when it comes to patching software glitches. However, from a usability standpoint, I still much prefer physical buttons/knobs I can manipulate without having to take my eyes off the road.

twitchyzero 11-22-2017 07:32 PM

it's basically 2018 so anything mechanical = dinosaur
that's why phonemakers don't really want headphone jack no more :)

twitchyzero 11-22-2017 08:52 PM

TSLA is blowing through over $1B each quarter

Tesla is blowing through US$8,000 every minute amid Model 3 woes | Financial Post

blaze142 11-23-2017 09:16 AM

It's crazy how TSLA can be one of the most valuable auto companies when it has yet to post any profitable numbers.

prudz 11-23-2017 09:34 AM

I'm happy Tesla is doing what they are doing regardless of maybe biting off more than they can chew, dealing with production delays etc. The reason i'm happy is it is putting pressures on the auto industry and all the other manufactures in a way we have never seen before. Tesla is helping create a movement in the auto sector for every company to get on board and start producing EV's, Hybrids and step up the R&D we all need at this point in society.

GS8 01-22-2018 05:58 PM

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet. I'm not a fan of the lack of instrument cluster. I wouldn't feel right without instant information right in my line of sight.

twitchyzero 01-22-2018 08:26 PM

for sucha high tech car it should've been a hud in the windshield, but not a dealbreaker for me