REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:30 AM   #126
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Nah. BC voters are lazy as fuck

Id be surprised if we even hit 65% voter turn out this time around
Advertisement
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2017, 09:33 AM   #127
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

zyzzjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:14 AM   #128
HELP ME PLS!!!

Are there that many voters out there that are benefiting from Liberal policies?

The BC Hydro debt is a surprise to me.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:20 AM   #129
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
When I read the 'polls' about Brexit, the 2016 US Election yada yada, I knew polls meant fuck all.

I mean just because 70% of millennials don't approve of Clark, that in no way means she's going to lose. What % of millennials actually fucking vote?
And this part always baffles me. If you care enough to bxtch / disapprove of one party or another, why dafuq are you not heading out to vote?!
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2017, 01:51 PM   #130
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Was going to advance voting today but starting to rain lol. We shall see tomorrow. To be honest all 3 parties sucks and none of them seen better than the others.

All 3 parties didn't address my needs and what I want to see change so why should I really vote anyways......
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:00 AM   #131
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
First year I've voted early, no lineup 10 outta 10 would do it again.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:56 AM   #132
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzzjr View Post
This must have been produced by the NDP lol
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:34 PM   #133
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
-going to the advance polls this weekend to cast my vote.

A.B.C.! Anybody but Crusty!
I feel the same way as you. I want to punish the Liberal party in BC and the best way to do that is to vote in someone else.

But...... The greens platform is a joke. We have a Libertarian candidate, and he is plain nuts. Then there's the Conservative candidate who's platform seems like a step backwards in time.

So my options are the Liberal incumbent who has run my area for 20 years. Or an indo Canadian millenial woman who is promoting $10 child care, and cheaper tuition for post secondary. Half of her manifesto is about how Crusty is screwing us. Are you kidding me? Where is the foundation? Where is the structure? All I see is talking points, and personal attacks. It's actually a joke that the BC NDP have this huge opportunity to take power, and they're pissing it away with pointless rhetoric, and pathetic candidates.

I'm going to vote, mainly because of social responsibility. But there are no other horses in this race. Consider Langley East as a liberal stronghold, if only because there are no other options.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2017, 04:02 PM   #134
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,245 Times in 1,226 Posts
If the NDP had any kind of a platform and someone who knew how to talk without looking like a fool I'd say they would have had a decent chance. The Liberals win by default, there's no one else.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:23 PM   #135
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
The audio is not the best, but as someone who cares deeply about education, this interview is infuriating to watch. Kudos to Burnaby Now's Cornelia Naylor to stand her ground and to respectfully but directly rebuked the lies Christy continued to tell to British Columbians.

The truth is -- the BC Liberals government violated constitutional rights for 15 years. Instead of investing money into the education system, they used that money to fight a lengthy court battle that they eventually lost. And when the Supreme Court made the final ruling against her government, the money that must be put back in is now being touted as this government's desire to treat public education as a priority, that it is willing to spend millions on.

All the while, one whole generation of kids had suffered because of the severe cuts to the education system. Do not forget, a child who entered grade school 12 years ago had graduated/left the public education system by the time the Supreme Court ruling came. What was lost/damaged would be irreversible, and it was all the BC Liberals' doing.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2017, 01:58 AM   #136
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
New York Times Exposes BC Liberal Corruption with regards to Real Estate

Quote:
"Participating companies have created few jobs, according to government figures, while more than 140 million Canadian dollars ($106 million) have been doled out in tax refunds since 2008, when the initiative was expanded."

“The government is selling B.C. as a tax haven for the global elite to park investment here, but not have to contribute.”
"At one point, the tax breaks were projected to create more than 13,000 jobs in British Columbia. According to ministry figures, though, fewer than 300 have been created as a result of the program, and possibly as few as 122."

"Experts say that with few public details, it is hard to tell whether the plan is worth the lost tax revenue. They also say the lack of disclosure prevents the public from knowing if companies are using the province as a pit stop on a global quest to avoid taxation."

"The tax breaks favor foreigners in other ways, too. Companies can receive refunds on real estate activities with foreigners, including mortgage loans on property in Canada for international buyers. Conducting the same domestic activities for Canadians would not qualify for the refunds. This has raised concerns that the tax refunds may encourage banks and other companies to prioritize foreigners over Canadians in Canada’s overheated housing markets."
tl;dr: Government finances the purchase of property to foreigners through tax breaks that are not available to citizens. The tax breaks are paid for by the citizens who pay tax, those corporations benefiting from the breaks are tax exempt, of course, or taxes at the CCPC rate, which is designed to encourage and promote small businesses in the province.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2017, 07:41 AM   #137

Last edited by zyzzjr; 03-29-2018 at 11:32 AM.
zyzzjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:41 PM   #138
I don't get it

How do you explain all the empty store fronts in chinatown then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
As Tapioca lined out though, there are a lot of new businesses constantly opening in and around Vancouver.

Within the last 6 months there have been 10-15 new shops open up in my neighborhood and going out on a Friday night trying to find a seat for even a couple has become a chore because -everywhere- is busy. Literally any hole in the wall that serves a bowl of chips and booze seemingly has a wait.

I'd agree moreso to the desertion if places were closing down or dead, but honestly, East Van, Gas town, Rail town, etc. everywhere is busy as it's ever been imo.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
Are there that many voters out there that are benefiting from Liberal policies?

The BC Hydro debt is a surprise to me.
Only people who have jobs and actually pay tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
New York Times Exposes BC Liberal Corruption with regards to Real Estate

tl;dr: Government finances the purchase of property to foreigners through tax breaks that are not available to citizens. The tax breaks are paid for by the citizens who pay tax, those corporations benefiting from the breaks are tax exempt, of course, or taxes at the CCPC rate, which is designed to encourage and promote small businesses in the province.
Meh... even if you took this at face value as the Liberals being corrupt; right now BC is leading the country in job growth and economic strength, so who gives a shit. They are obviously doing something right. As the old saying goes... if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

NDP is fucking poison

Last edited by MrPhreak; 08-20-2017 at 03:02 PM.
MrPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-04-2017, 09:03 PM   #140
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
Because Chinatown is no longer needed because of Richmond.

I'm trying to get a spot in Chinatown. Only reason I don't have it yet is because the landlord is being a picky asshole.

Also, Chinatown is going through a big change and is going to develop into the next gastown/yaletown
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:23 PM   #141
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4l View Post
Chinatown is going through a big change and is going to develop into the next gastown/yaletown
I'm going to be so sad when that happens. All that history being washed away for a few shiny new condos
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:37 PM   #142
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
T&T killed Chinatown...
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:34 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
I'm going to be so sad when that happens. All that history being washed away for a few shiny new condos
That is true but it is what it is.

I don't think anyone would want to keep it around since it's like zombie land there with bums and addicts. In the end, someone's not going to like what happens to it, no matter what happens to it
Old 05-05-2017, 10:27 AM   #144
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nah View Post
T&T killed Chinatown...
you cant blame TNT for killing chinatown lol

its because there was a stop in immigration for cantonese speakers in the 90s, and 2000s

everyone that came in the 70s , 80s etc moved out to different parts of vancouver because they found wealth. Better quality of life moving into homes near david thompson, killarney, windy, gladstone area etc.

That is why the government housing currently are filled with native canadians rather than 90% chinese back in the early 90's

and everyone got older..

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #145
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

LIB and NDP both theifs and assholes, untrustworthy

green (although no track records to prove any of the above adjectives used ) have shitty policies.

at this point its going to be who you hate the least.
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:02 PM   #146
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,931 Times in 3,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
-going to the advance polls this weekend to cast my vote.

A.B.C.! Anybody but Crusty!
I get that she's shit, but just voting for any idiot who isn't her is a great way to and up with someone even more useless in office. If you're voting to replace someone then for the love of everything ensure you're replacing them with someone who is actually better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
All 3 parties didn't address my needs and what I want to see change so why should I really vote anyways......
That's what spoiling your ballot is for. It's the only way to display that you want to vote, but you dislike all the options.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #147
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,393 Times in 5,667 Posts
The "anyone but" vote really pisses me off.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I get that she's shit, but just voting for any idiot who isn't her is a great way to and up with someone even more useless in office. If you're voting to replace someone then for the love of everything ensure you're replacing them with someone who is actually better.

That's what spoiling your ballot is for. It's the only way to display that you want to vote, but you dislike all the options.
Exactly.

Although krusty is shit, NDP will be far far worse imo. Just seeing my friends in Alberta all bitch and complain about what is going on there is ridiculous.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:30 PM   #149
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The "anyone but" vote really pisses me off.
why not? people did that in the federal election. I voted last Sun. Parents went Liberal coz the guy had a Chinese name. I voted NPD.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:55 PM   #150
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4l View Post
Exactly.

Although krusty is shit, NDP will be far far worse imo. Just seeing my friends in Alberta all bitch and complain about what is going on there is ridiculous.

How so.. Alberta has beening doing great until recently.
Krusty has done nothing but bone us up the ass. I haven't seen any solid benefits to our economy other then all these BS make it look nice short term moves (but all the crap comes tumbling later)

Imo. I would rather let someone new "potentially" fuck me in the ass. Then voting for someone who I KNOW will keep fucking me
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: