REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:41 PM   #76
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
@RRtxar

Again as mentioned in a previous post not every situation has the same layout and environment.

Having a handgun in this Vegas situation would definetly have yielded no results.

-------------------------------------------

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=5550296508

Video taken from the concert

At 1:03 dude drinks his beer and gives the shooter middle finger hahahaha
Advertisement

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:45 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
HAHAHA you can't be serious! This isn't a Liam Neeson movie dude. The good guy doesn't do cartwheels through a bunch of shipping containers and kill the bad guy with a perfect headshot.
Before you try to be funny and ridicule please read through all posts to understand where I stand.

Have facts before you make a decision, oh wait you're probably incapable of that, you're a Liberal.

Cadillac CTS (Current)
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-02-2017, 06:48 PM   #78
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
I read all your posts, and its genuinely hilarious. Especially your need to label me incapable of reasoning because of my interest in less people being killed by gun violence.
Quote:
Compared to those in the same age groups in other wealthy countries, Americans aged 15-24 are 49 times more likely to be the victim of a gun-related murder. For those aged 25-34, that number is 32 times more likely, the research revealed.
But yeah, no problems here.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:51 PM   #79
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
Quote:
HAHAHA you can't be serious! This isn't a Liam Neeson movie dude. The good guy doesn't do cartwheels through a bunch of shipping containers and kill the bad guy with a perfect headshot.
Directed by Michael Mandalay Bay

Spoiler!
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2017, 07:06 PM   #80

Quote:
I read all your posts, and its genuinely hilarious. Especially your need to label me incapable of reasoning because of my interest in less people being killed by gun violence.

But yeah, no problems here.
Nice comment on the first and last of my posts.

And nice stat with no source. Did you find that on Vancity Buzz or whatever they call themselves nowadays?

Cadillac CTS (Current)
Old 10-02-2017, 07:07 PM   #81

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
So Dan Bilzerian saw some girl get shot in the head, leaves and comes back with a rifle and helps defend and clear survivors out.

Mad respect

Instagram Playboy Dan Bilzerian Witnesses Las Vegas Shooting, Returns With A Gun

The guy gets off on shit like that. While it's brave to go back into danger when you don't have to, he's clearly been waiting his whole life for this moment to bust out his favorite gun with the chance to shoot a bad guy and play hero.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2017, 07:11 PM   #82

Quote:
Nice comment on the first and last of my posts.

And nice stat with no source. Did you find that on Vancity Buzz or whatever they call themselves nowadays?
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s...her-countries/
Stats are from the WHO. Some liberal propaganda media source I think.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2017, 07:20 PM   #83
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
The distance from the Mandalay tower to the concert venue is a bit over 400 yards. The effective range of a handgun is under 100 yards, in a good scenario.
Do you think the NRA will push the agenda that the public should then have access to more powerful weaponry to combat possible snipers?
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2017, 07:31 PM   #84
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
The guy gets off on shit like that. While it's brave to go back into danger when you don't have to, he's clearly been waiting his whole life for this moment to bust out his favorite gun with the chance to shoot a bad guy and play hero.
and will be labeled as a coward if he does nothing

if I saw crowds in front of me being mowed down and had a spare M82 in the back of my 6x6 G-Wagen....i'd probably go get it and try to help too

how long did it take for first-responders to break into the perp's room? I still can't wrap my head around that 600 people have been hit.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:33 PM   #85
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Who in the right mind would shoot some looney tune causing havoc? A gun owner who cherishes their family's life, their own life and/or other people's lives.

And the police won't shoot you if you take out the piece of shit before they get there, or holster your weapon when they arrive.

With the right marksmanship and taking strategic cover you can easily stop the threat even if they're using an automatic vs your pistol.
90% of gun owner american, marksmanship = unloading their whole clip at an empty beer bottle. taking strategic cover= pressing a button on their Xbox controller while playing COD. With these lax regulation, chances are almost no one got any kind of formal weapon and tactical training. While you classic perp with a gun has gone thru some kind of military training and has logs hours in combat simulator. Who is more serious about gun ownership? the perp that made intricate plans on how to shoot up a school with multiple automotic rifle, or joe next door that brought a handgun to protect his family and take it out every 4th of july to waste ammo shooting at the sky.

Unless you have 100 of hours in combat training and have develop muscle memory you will not be able to make the quick split second decision like you have imagine in your head.

Since you were theorycrafting, let me theory craft a situation for you

hchang is out and about with his wife and little hchang. They stop at a food court to grab a bite to eat. They order and took their food to their table when hchang notice a perp half way across the food court is reaching for what looks like a high caliber gun in his long coat.

1. hchang's pops a boner I MUST DEFEND MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!
2. He yells as loud as he can for people to get down
3. it was too loud, ppl that can hear him looked at him like he is crazy
4. its too late hchang must act now if he wants to have a chance to save his family.
5. hchang reach for his legally obtained conceal carry dessert eagle and took aim at the perp and fires a perfectly aimed bullet as the perp is still struggling with his rifle in his long coat.
6. what perfect aim, the bullet should hit the perp's head in less than 2 seconds
7. A teenage girl not far away from hchang's family suddenly gets up and ran across the food court. She didn't see what going on, she just want to ran to her friends all the way on the other side of the food court.
8. hchang's perfectly aim bullet hits the girl in the head instead. HEADSHOT!
9. hchang panics, this is not suppose to happen what do i do holster the gun and go help the girl or keep shooting at the perp.
10. Perp saw hchang and took aim at hchang with his rifle
11. well this just great, with great conviction hchang defends the life of his family (which he has not seen by the way since step 3 of the story) he returns fire but unfortunately nothing his the perp. its not so easy to shoot at a moving target in a crowd of scare running people.

12. on the other side the food court another armed citizen of USA is also eating with his family. He caught a part of the action HOLY FUCKING SHIT A PERP JUST SHOT A TEENAGE GIRL IN THE HEAD AND NOW HE IS EXCHANGING SHOTS WITH A GUY WITH A RIFLE
13. Kind hearts american citizen with a gun must stand his ground and protect his family. but who to shot at. hchang seems like the obvious choice i mean he just shot a girl in the head. the guy holding the assault rifle is taking cover like he has real military training. that must be a good guy. Lets help him
14. so hchang now has the perp shooting at him and another sheepdog citizen shooting at him.
15. hchang is in over his head, next thing he knows he get pop in the head by who knows who and he lies in a puddle of blood.

hchang, friendly sheepdog citizen and the perp cause more than 60 injuries and a dozen death by shrapnel and stray bullet. the perp was finally apprehended and killed by police. investigation pending on deaths in the food court and the potential of a second dead gunman. NRA release a statement praising the wonderful sheepdog citizen that act in a moments notice and took down a cold hearted perp. Recommends machine gun for everyone to Make America Safe Again!

Luckily hchang's wife did not masturbate to john Woo movies all day. hchang's wifey saw her husband reach for his gun around step 3 of the story. She duck down and quietly scoop little hchang up from his stroller and walked as fast as she can towards the exit and peace the fuck out. Thanks to her quick thinking she and little hchang survives to see another day.

well that was fun

Last edited by threezero; 10-02-2017 at 07:41 PM.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:33 PM   #86

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
and will be labeled as a coward if he does nothing

if I saw crowds in front of me being mowed down and had a spare M82 in the back of my 6x6 G-Wagen....i'd probably go get it and try to help too
Yeah cause when you're about to do something totally selfless you post about what you're doing on social media.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:38 PM   #87
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.wash...l-after-vegas/

Don’t be stupid the chance of any armed citizen stopping a mass gun Murder is ZERO.

The singer’s entourage were all packing, this being a country festival I bet a lot of people were packing too.

Let’s not discuss whether you will actually be able to take out someone with an automatic assault weapon with your concealed carry little hand gun.

Who in their right mind would even take out their firearm in a situation like this. It would be a great way to get your head pop off by the police.

The effectiveness of citizen sheepdog are made up propaganda by NRA and their supporters.
Apparently this was a gun free zone. So I'm not sure if security would be able to carry.
I don't think it can be completely brushed off as propaganda the fact that the vast majority of mass shootings in the US have occurred in gun free zones.
Which would only make sense. that someone committing a mass shooting would want minimal resistance.

I haven't seen any concrete evidence that increasing gun control alone has reduced violent crimes or homicides. There are many instances where loosening gun control has resulted in lower homicide rates and where increasing control has resulted in an increase.

I think it's understandable the knee jerk reaction of stricter gun laws. People want somewhere to lay blame. A simple fix. But the problem isn't that simple.
Even the data is complex. There are a plethora of variables to consider when looking at increase and decrease of gun deaths in the US and around the globe.
It makes compiling accurate arguments almost impossible.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:40 PM   #88
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
dont have twitter but quickly checked fb/ig and no such posts from him
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:00 PM   #89

Quote:

Canada has a pretty good set of gun control laws, aside from a few details. It is a process to get your licence, you must take a course to do so, and you must pass a series of background checks. And then you cant really have any fun (good for mass shootings) firearms legally anyway. America needs some gun control reform to make it more difficult to get one, and more restrictions on the ones you can get, but a gun ban should not happen.

There are more of us gun owners on here than you'd think too. I dont think many of us own them incase we need to overthrow the government. Alot of us hunt, and shoot as a hobby. Are we all 'bad' people who should have our guns taken away?
So how would Canada's gun control have faired in this particular situation?
Keeping in mind that a semi automatic can be modded
-Norm Franz
Old 10-02-2017, 08:01 PM   #90
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
First - condolences to all families affected by this tragedy.

Quote:

Don’t be stupid the chance of any armed citizen stopping a mass gun Murder is ZERO.

The singer’s entourage were all packing, this being a country festival I bet a lot of people were packing too.

Let’s not discuss whether you will actually be able to take out someone with an automatic assault weapon with your concealed carry little hand gun.

Who in their right mind would even take out their firearm in a situation like this. It would be a great way to get your head pop off by the police.

The effectiveness of citizen sheepdog are made up propaganda by NRA and their supporters.

Well, the FBI has reports that concealed carry owners have stopped mass shootings. You know, facts you can verify before you spout opinion as truths. https://www.naturalnews.com/047378_m...BI_report.html

People just need to stop loving to hate and justifying their prejudice as the morally social correct behaviour. There are fucktards and mental idiots everywhere - and no laws or bans will stop these people from creating havoc. Some Antifa branches are praising his behaviour - this culture is fucked.

This is the second crazy Democrat to go on a mass shooting in a year; Love trumps hate and all that MSM stuff you can high five yourself about. Those gun loving Republicans though, yeah, they are a real problem....

Info I came across on this Stephen Paddock idiot on FB:
Quote:
The Mandalay Bay shooter, Stephen Craig Paddock, 64.. a white liberal Democrat hated President Trump and spoke openly about his political views. They are as follows...

Political Views per his Facebook page:
-Proud to Be A Democrat
-The Rachel Maddow Show​
-Thank You Obama
-Anti-Trump Army
-Progressive Day,
Organizing for Action (Soros)
-Not My President
-Fight Trump
-Boycott All Things Trump
-Impeach Trump

I am sharing, because the media won't.

We don't need gun control! We need democrats control.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-02-2017, 08:17 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post

Well, the FBI has reports that concealed carry owners have stopped mass shootings. You know, facts you can verify before you spout opinion as truths. https://www.naturalnews.com/047378_m...BI_report.html

People just need to stop loving to hate and justifying their prejudice as the morally social correct behaviour. There are fucktards and mental idiots everywhere - and no laws or bans will stop these people from creating havoc. Some Antifa branches are praising his behaviour - this culture is fucked.

This is the second crazy Democrat to go on a mass shooting in a year; Love trumps hate and all that MSM stuff you can high five yourself about. Those gun loving Republicans though, yeah, they are a real problem....

Info I came across on this Stephen Paddock idiot on FB:
Makes a lot more sense than the "still no motive discovered" for someone who went to such great lengths to commit a very calculated, incredible number of deaths and injury.
I mean, you've gotta have a pretty damn strong motive to do something like that.
Seemed fishy that there was absolutely nothing said
-Norm Franz
Old 10-02-2017, 08:26 PM   #92
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
So how would Canada's gun control have faired in this particular situation?
Keeping in mind that a semi automatic can be modded
in this case, maybe/probably nothing.

the same as gun control in canada hasn't stopped vancouver from being a map in GTA. how many shootings in vancouver in the last 10 years? how many were from non-restricted rifles and shot guns, and how many were from restricted or prohibited guns? Gun control doesn't stop criminals.

It may have prevented the shooter from easily acquiring automatic rifles. But it wouldn't prevent the shooter from illegally acquiring them.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. If someone is going to literally mow down a crowd at a concert from a hotel room 32 stories up across the street well enough to harm over 600 people, him having access to guns isnt the problem. That is a person who has a fundamental disconnect from reality. There is something wrong with that person, not the guns he used. Guns don't make normal people do that.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:27 PM   #93
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Okay guys. hchang is saying in other scenarios, not specifically the Las Vegas one.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2017, 08:29 PM   #94

Was Las Vegas Shooter Stephen Craig Paddock An Anti-Trump Activist With Ties To Antifa?
Here is the news source with the information zedbra shared. Do with the info as you please.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-02-2017, 08:36 PM   #95

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Facebook and blogs, the most reliable sources.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2017, 08:40 PM   #96
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post

That's a quality website right there. Naturalnews.com LOL.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-02-2017, 08:43 PM   #97
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:

to further prove this

from a guitarist in one of the bands performing at the festival

banning guns isn't the answer. one of my techs has a few rifles and regularly goes hunting on the weekends. tons of canadians, moreso tons of british columbians have guns. plus, americans would lose their minds. but there needs to be some control - until that happens, events like this will continue
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2017, 08:45 PM   #98
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
in this case, maybe/probably nothing.

the same as gun control in canada hasn't stopped vancouver from being a map in GTA. how many shootings in vancouver in the last 10 years? how many were from non-restricted rifles and shot guns, and how many were from restricted or prohibited guns? Gun control doesn't stop criminals.

It may have prevented the shooter from easily acquiring automatic rifles. But it wouldn't prevent the shooter from illegally acquiring them.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. If someone is going to literally mow down a crowd at a concert from a hotel room 32 stories up across the street well enough to harm over 600 people, him having access to guns isnt the problem. That is a person who has a fundamental disconnect from reality. There is something wrong with that person, not the guns he used. Guns don't make normal people do that.
But you can't gamble on the fact that everyone is "normal" and allow anybody to have access to firearms, legally. Not having regulations on access to firearms, is already a layer of safety being shed off of the public. Illegal access is out of the picture and cannot be used in any argument because it is out of our control. People need to focus on what can be control and start doing something about it.

It's like, if a kid likes to throw eggs at your house, not allowing them to have access to eggs or make it difficult from them to obtain eggs, would mean less chances and less times your house will get egged. Common sense, isn't it?
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:47 PM   #99

Quote:
Spoiler!
TL;DR

I'm glad you had fun writing that. When's the last time you got laid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Okay guys. hchang is saying in other scenarios, not specifically the Las Vegas one.
Thank you, finally somebody who has English Comprehension

---------
A 23 year old Maple Ridge man was among the dozens killed.

His girlfriend (who described him as the love of her life) will be flying back home alone now.

Vegas bartender held dudes hand as he died, then used his phone and contacted family members bearing the bad news. Acted as a liaison and waited 5 1/2 hours with him as emergency personnel worked through the crowd.

And no bartender is not hot, girlfriend is cute.

Pics are in link.

'I just couldn't leave him,' says Vegas bartender who held Canadian's hand as he died - Home | As It Happens | CBC Radio

Cadillac CTS (Current)
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-02-2017, 08:47 PM   #100

Here is my favourite excerpt from naturalnews.com

Quote:
Five of the mass shooting incidents were ended by armed civilians who subdued the shooter
21 of the incidents ended with unarmed citizens subduing the shooter (a dicey proposition at best)
You are apparently 4x more likely to stop a mass shooting if you don't have a gun.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote: