REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #201
SiRVs up, dude

Advertisement
Old 02-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #202
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Couple of inaccuracies in that video:
1. License/permit is required in the US. It's done by the state though and not federal.
2. Not all semi auto are restricted class in Canada, and so require no registering.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2018, 08:48 PM   #203
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
The semi-auto shown in that graphic (I can't tell exactly what it is, those may actually be full auto) would probably be restricted because of its size, not because it's a semi-auto.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
Old 02-19-2018, 09:23 PM   #204

It's full auto lol
-Norm Franz
Old 02-20-2018, 10:54 AM   #205

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Old 02-20-2018, 11:10 AM   #206

I made a comment a few pages back about death that I feel like I should clarify.
I was listening to my Cosmo's factory album yesterday in the car and this song comes on, and it really made me think about what I was trying to say.

I don't know how it makes other people feel, but it always chokes me up. It's sad. But at the same time there's a real beauty about it.

They say that death is the greatest gift of life. And I had to think about that for a minute. And it dawned on me that it's absolutely true. The only reason we do anything in life, the only reason it has meaning, is because of death. And the only reason we feel any urgency to do it is because we don't know when it'll be. And there is a beauty about that. The same beauty that there is in pain or suffering. They're relative to happiness and pleasure. Without one to compare with, the other wouldn't exist. The same concept as Einstein's theory of relativity. Essentially the concept of existence.

I feel like somewhere along the way we lost that respect for the concept of death. Like we feel like we're all entitled to live to 100 years old. Maybe our lack of respect for death has something to do with our lack of respect for life.

There was almost no time to mourn in this incident. No time to appreciate life. Almost immediately the subject was blame and prevention. Almost vengeful. That didn't used to be the immediate reaction.
Maybe there's something wrong with that.

Anyways, just wanted to clarify. Maybe even steer away from the same ol same ol arguments.
-Norm Franz
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-20-2018, 12:06 PM   #207

Trump 5 minutes ago said he directed his Attorney general to look into banning Bump stocks. Now the website https://www.slidefire.com/ the company that makes bump stocks is being hammered and is down. Anyone who owns one or can get one will making a killing reselling it.

Get 10% your Slidefire Bump stock.

In honor of Presidents' Day, we're offering a 10% discount to all of our followers. Use the coupon code below and grab 10% off any stock and accessory from Slide Fire.

Coupon code: MAGA.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:26 PM   #208
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post

I don't know how it makes other people feel, but it always chokes me up. It's sad. But at the same time there's a real beauty about it.

They say that death is the greatest gift of life. And I had to think about that for a minute. And it dawned on me that it's absolutely true. The only reason we do anything in life, the only reason it has meaning, is because of death. And the only reason we feel any urgency to do it is because we don't know when it'll be. And there is a beauty about that. The same beauty that there is in pain or suffering. They're relative to happiness and pleasure. Without one to compare with, the other wouldn't exist. The same concept as Einstein's theory of relativity. Essentially the concept of existence.

I feel like somewhere along the way we lost that respect for the concept of death. Like we feel like we're all entitled to live to 100 years old. Maybe our lack of respect for death has something to do with our lack of respect for life.

There was almost no time to mourn in this incident. No time to appreciate life. Almost immediately the subject was blame and prevention. Almost vengeful. That didn't used to be the immediate reaction.
Maybe there's something wrong with that.

Anyways, just wanted to clarify. Maybe even steer away from the same ol same ol arguments.

It became the immediate reaction because it happens so often now. If it was once in a blue moon it would just be seen as some unpreventable tragedy instead of pointing fingers. The fact that it keeps happening and no changes are being made that people are just getting pissed off instead of stopping to appreciate life.

I think everyone is entitled to live to 100 if the other option is getting gunned down because you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. You might think that's just the way it goes until it happens to you or someone you love.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:58 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
More propaganda to rattle the hornets nest.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...ot-even-close/

Quote:
That number comes from a gun control advocacy group — Everytown for Gun Safety — which arrived at 18 only by shoving everything it possibly could into the category of "school shooting."

The simplest check of its list shows how misleading the group is being.

No Hidden Agenda: Get News From A Pro-Free Market, Pro-Growth Perspective
One of the "school shootings" on the list, for example, involved a Greyson College, Tex., student who accidentally discharged a weapon at the school's Criminal Justice Center during a class supervised by a police officer on how to use handguns.

Another on the list involved a third grader who accidentally pulled the trigger of a police officer's holstered weapon.

Two were suicides that happened to take place on school grounds. One of them was a 31-year-old man who shot himself while parked in his car, which happened to be on a school lot— at a school that had been closed for seven months. Another was a student who shot himself in the head in the school's bathroom.

Three "school shootings" involved fights that broke out between either adults or students in school parking lots — one of them at a college in North Carolina — in which one of the people arguing pulled a gun on the other.

Another student was shot by a robber, during a robbery that happened to take place in a school parking lot.

One involved a gun that a 12-year-old brought to school, which accidentally went off inside her backpack.

In fact, of the 18 "school shootings," only five occurred during school hours, and only four — including the latest — are what most people would consider a school shooting; in which someone brings a gun to school with the intent of shooting students.

Of those three previous shootings, only one resulted in deaths, when a 15-year-old boy armed with a handgun opened fire inside a Kentucky high school and killed two fellow students while injuring 14 others. The two others resulted in two injuries.
-Norm Franz
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-20-2018, 07:16 PM   #210
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
There have been
2045 gun deaths so far this year in the US (no suicides included)
3518 injuries
209 incidents of self defence related gunfire
238 accidental shootings.

Man those good guys with guns sure are saving the world.
30-1 for the bad guys isn't much of a stat for that argument.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2018, 07:16 PM   #211

Quote:
More propaganda to rattle the hornets nest.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...ot-even-close/

Quote:
school1
sko͞ol/
noun
noun: school; plural noun: schools

an institution for educating children.

shoot·ing
ˈSHo͞odiNG/
noun
noun: shooting; plural noun: shootings

the action or practice of shooting.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:27 PM   #212

^^right. Cuz that's what people think of when they hear school shooting, following an incident like this.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 02-20-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:58 PM   #213

Quote:
^^right. Cuz that's what people think of when they hear school shooting
People with half a brain do.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:23 PM   #214

Quote:
So in other words, no one who gets their news from MSNBC, ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, MSN, the New York Daily News, Huffpost, and actually believes it's all true.

Even WaPo called it out as bogus and misleading

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...3fe_story.html
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 02-20-2018 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:33 PM   #215
SiRVs up, dude

^welfare, i'm really curious, who/what do you use for your sources of information and news?
Old 02-20-2018, 08:35 PM   #216
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
He just googles for the first source that disagrees with the last post he sees.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2018, 08:37 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
^welfare, i'm really curious, who/what do you use for your sources of information and news?
From TYT of course
-Norm Franz
Old 02-20-2018, 08:42 PM   #218
SiRVs up, dude

lol you embarrassed to disclose?
Old 02-20-2018, 08:51 PM   #219
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
While it may technically be a "school shooting," it is misleading as to what it actually refers to. When you hear that phrase, you think of Sandy Hook or Columbine. You don't think that it also includes a suicide in the parking lot of a school that's been shut down for almost an entire year.

One mass shooting in a school is bad enough and should be plenty for anyone who wishes to enact any sort of change, regardless of what side of the argument you're on. But to lump other firearm incidents into the school shooting umbrella and not differentiate between them... well, that's one of the reasons why I got out of the media. While it may not necessarily be dishonest, it's certainly misleading.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:53 PM   #220
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post

This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2018, 08:57 PM   #221

And for the record, I did say they could probably use stiffer control down there.
Namely, a better effort of keeping guns out of the hands of those who have no business having them.
But when people cite patently misleading data, it really just undermines the argument.
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2018, 09:57 PM   #222
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
i wonder if foreign social justice warriors are defending american's rights to guns because it's part of their culture.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:16 PM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
While it may technically be a "school shooting," it is misleading as to what it actually refers to. When you hear that phrase, you think of Sandy Hook or Columbine. You don't think that it also includes a suicide in the parking lot of a school that's been shut down for almost an entire year.

One mass shooting in a school is bad enough and should be plenty for anyone who wishes to enact any sort of change, regardless of what side of the argument you're on. But to lump other firearm incidents into the school shooting umbrella and not differentiate between them... well, that's one of the reasons why I got out of the media. While it may not necessarily be dishonest, it's certainly misleading.
A shooting at a school and a school shooting are the same thing. You don't think parents are going to be worried if a kid brings a gun to school and it goes off by accident.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:18 PM   #224

Quote:
And for the record, I did say they could probably use stiffer control down there.
Namely, a better effort of keeping guns out of the hands of those who have no business having them.
But when people cite patently misleading data, it really just undermines the argument.
I can't take you seriously when you get your info from a site who's owner thinks school shootings are face. I am surprised you think the florida shooting is real.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:30 AM   #225
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
AR15 are the pit bulls of the gun world. They're scary looking, and mean sounding.

So I get it when people want them banned. Just like I'm 100% in support of banning pit bulls. It's not the breed, it's the owner. Just like it's not the gun, it's the shooter? If we can save just one life, it's worth it.

Chew on that for a minute.
Closed Thread