REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:18 AM   #1701
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
I knew it was just a matter of time before Manic! would post an assinine reply about some Conservative with some link to WE.

So was Peter McKay in the room when the government decided to award them the contract?

OK, I'm going to explain it once and I hope you get it through your thick skull. A critique of JT is NOT a vote for the Cons. It is possible to like some of the things that the Libs are doing and critique JT and prefer a different leader of the Libs. Nice that he was handed that job because of his privilege but he is proving over and over again that he is a lightweight with no substance.

You are so predictable ... cancel yourself please.
It's just another issue McKay can't complain about. Just like he can't complain about the government not shutting down the boarders earlier because he had sent his wife and kids to Mexico. There is a reason why McKay deleted this tweet. I wonder if his wife for paid?
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2020, 10:39 AM   #1702
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
Are you that dull? Yes, McKay can critique it. Again, nothing against the work of WE, they do some positive things ... not a perfect organization but this isn't a slam on WE. Nothing wrong with being paid as a speaker either ... the issue is with the ethics of awarding a contract to a group without bidding or other options. That's a no no in government awarding contracts. JT and Morneau should have reclused themselves in the decision making process ... get it .... ??? If they had other organizations bid or considered, and JT and Morneau stepped out or reclused themselves and WE got the contract ... it's all good. Do you get it now ??!!
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:13 PM   #1703

Quote:
Are you that dull? Yes, McKay can critique it. Again, nothing against the work of WE, they do some positive things ... not a perfect organization but this isn't a slam on WE. Nothing wrong with being paid as a speaker either ... the issue is with the ethics of awarding a contract to a group without bidding or other options. That's a no no in government awarding contracts. JT and Morneau should have reclused themselves in the decision making process ... get it .... ??? If they had other organizations bid or considered, and JT and Morneau stepped out or reclused themselves and WE got the contract ... it's all good. Do you get it now ??!!
Some cons are slamming the We charity as a whole. mckay deleted his tweet for a reason. I will let guess the reason.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:20 PM   #1704
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
My god, Canada has the dullest and most asinine political scandals.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:47 PM   #1705
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
My god, Canada has the dullest and most asinine political scandals.
GOOD!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2020, 07:20 AM   #1706
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
in local gov't they jump through hoops to publicly and fairly bid 5 figure projects, normal and common knowledge in govt & public sector...

direct award almost a billion? damn JT

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:24 AM   #1707
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

FYI, the Federal gov't awards sole source contracts on a fairly regular basis, and for contract sums below and in excess of the amount equivalent to WE. Not taking a side on this debate, just wanted to let people know as there seemed to be this misconception that all contracts the government sign go through some type of competition for contract award.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2020, 09:10 AM   #1708
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
in local gov't they jump through hoops to publicly and fairly bid 5 figure projects, normal and common knowledge in govt & public sector...

direct award almost a billion? damn JT
The health authority I work for is $25k for selective bid and $75k for open bid.

https://www.islandhealth.ca/sites/de...r-business.pdf
Quote:
Direct Award Î Direct award is permitted for smaller expenditures where the total value of
the equipment, supplies and services is less than $25,000. A direct award will result in a
contractual relationship that meets VIHA business needs, demonstrates cost effectiveness,
and quality that reflects market value. No competitive bid process is required.
Ü Select Bid Î A Select Bid process may be used where the value of equipment, supplies and
services is greater than $25,000, and less than $75,000. Construction contracts are permitted
to use a Select Bid process in excess of $25,000 and less than $200,000. A minimum of
three qualified potential vendors will be requested to submit proposals. The entire process is
documented in an approved format and all decisions/results clearly justified.
Ü Open Bid Î An Open Bid must be used where the value of equipment, supplies and services
is equal to or exceeds $75,000 and construction contracts that are equal to or exceed
$200,000. This highly structured process ensures the opportunity for all interested vendors
to submit proposals.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:23 AM   #1709
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Its okay everyone. JT said sorry.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #1710
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:20 AM   #1711
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Anyone who remains supporting Justin Trudeau is a partisan hack. Even if you're a Liberal party supporter due to policy you can't stand behind this guy. Amongst everything else, this is his third breach of ethics investigation and he'll almost certainly go 3/3 guilty verdicts. Worst PM in Canadian history. Some Liberal MP's must really be looking themselves in the mirror and wondering how long they can continue to tow the party line while it's become the most corrupt and destructive political party the country has seen.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:24 AM   #1712
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Have never seen a leader who thinks it’s acceptable to use the “I didn’t know” defence as often and as blatantly as turd, pretty gross tbh.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:31 AM   #1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
Anyone who remains supporting Justin Trudeau is a partisan hack. Even if you're a Liberal party supporter due to policy you can't stand behind this guy. Amongst everything else, this is his third breach of ethics investigation and he'll almost certainly go 3/3 guilty verdicts. Worst PM in Canadian history. Some Liberal MP's must really be looking themselves in the mirror and wondering how long they can continue to tow the party line while it's become the most corrupt and destructive political party the country has seen.
And who did you vote for last year? scheer? the guy who lied about his citizenship, work history, and a whole bunch of other things. The majority of Canadians are left-leaning and will vote to keep the left in power.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:17 PM   #1714

The fact this guy is still running for the con leadership is everything you need to know about the con party.

https://north99.org/2020/07/13/conse...tory-vaccines/

Quote:
Conservative leadership candidate proposes mandatory ultrasound before abortion, while also opposing mandatory vaccines

Derek Sloan, a candidate to replace Andrew Scheer in the Conservative party’s upcoming leadership election, has proposed a mandatory ultrasound for women who want an abortion.

Sloan’s “12 Point Pro-life Plan” would force women to have an “ultrasound prior to abortion”, included as the eighth point, on the grounds that “many women complain that information is withheld” before they undergo the procedure.

Currently MP for Hastings-Lennox & Addington, Sloan identifies as a social conservative without apology. In comparison, Peter Mackay and Erin O’Toole, also eyeing the UPC Leadership, are less conservative on the issue of abortion.

Mackay says he supports abortion rights, and O’Toole said he’s pro-choice. However neither of them will bar MPs from presenting bills on the issue.

Sloan’s socially conservative stand on the abortion issue places him well outside the mainstream of Canadian opinion. According to a February 2020 Dart and Maru poll, 75% of Canadians surveyed are satisfied with Canada’s current policies on abortion, and seven in 10 people believe that abortion is acceptable.

The candidate has staked out extreme positions on other issues as well. He has said he will “never support mandatory vaccinations for Canadians”. When asked whether he would support banning conversion therapy, Sloan said that it can be “broadly defined” and “nobody should be forced to do anything they don’t want to do”. He previously gained attention for racially charged comments against Canada’s Chief Medical Office, Dr Theresa Tam, claiming she was working with China.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:27 PM   #1715
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
Justin, I'm sorry I got caught, Trudeau strikes again.

Cue the moronic Manic! reply ... yah but the cons are worst.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2020, 05:56 PM   #1716

Quote:

With all the scandals you would think the cons would have an easy win but JT will win again and will probably have more seats this time.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:22 PM   #1717
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:

I can only imagine the autistic screeching that's coming from Manic with the multiple posts in response, 100% trying to deflect on to something else than the blatant corruption of the PM and Liberal party that no longer have the moral authority to govern.

Manic is the guy who goes off whenever he can about Conservative party candidates and abortion but I'm pretty sure he stated he voted NDP in the last election - for a party leader who's a practicing Sikh making him 100% pro-life. I'm glad everyone is putting him on ignore so he can echo-chamber his worthless opinions to no one but himself

Last edited by JDął; 07-15-2020 at 03:30 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2020, 03:29 PM   #1718

Quote:
https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/...58619764940801

I can only imaging the autistic screeching that's coming from Manic with the multiple posts in response, 100% trying to deflect on to something else than the blatant corruption of the PM and Liberal party that no longer have the moral authority to govern.

Manic is the guy who goes off whenever he can about Conservative party candidates and abortion but I'm pretty sure he stated he voted NDP in the last election - for a party leader who's a practicing Sikh making him 100% pro-life. I'm glad everyone is putting him on ignore so he can echo-chamber his worthless opinions to no one but himself
AFAIK Sikhs are pro life, but see abortion as a legal matter, not a religious one. Jagmeet Singh has fought for abortion clinics constantly, and is pro-choice (as we all should be)

Not everyone feels the need to force their own personal religious beliefs on the country.

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 07-15-2020 at 05:56 PM. Reason: AFAIK
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2020, 03:32 PM   #1719
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Sikhs are pro life, but see abortion as a legal matter, not a religious one. Jagmeet Singh has fought for abortion clinics constantly, and is pro-choice (as we all should be)

Not everyone feels the need to force their own personal religious beliefs on the country.
Absolutely correct. The hypocrisy is that Manic likes to attack one party for the exact same policy over personal or religious belief, but not another.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:35 PM   #1720

Quote:
Absolutely correct. The hypocrisy is that Manic likes to attack one party for the exact same policy over personal or religious belief, but not another.
The difference, I think, is he's attacking someone who has the wrong beliefs (that women aren't allowed to choose what to do with their body)
Old 07-15-2020, 03:46 PM   #1721
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The difference, I think, is he's attacking someone who has the wrong beliefs (that women aren't allowed to choose what to do with their body)
Tell me the difference between a man deciding a woman's right to choose because of a religious belief whether they're Christian or Sikh, and I'll buy you a beer. Both party leaders have the exact same stance personally but do not follow through with it in policy because they know it's not the will of the people. I say leaders as Scheer was in the last election but will not be in the next, it'll be O'Toole, MacKay, or Lewis who are all pro-choice. The fourth guy is fringe with as much chance of winning as Elizabeth may does at being PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:01 PM   #1722

Quote:
Tell me the difference between a man deciding a woman's right to choose because of a religious belief whether they're Christian or Sikh, and I'll buy you a beer. Both party leaders have the exact same stance personally but do not follow through with it in policy because they know it's not the will of the people. I say leaders as Scheer was in the last election but will not be in the next, it'll be O'Toole, MacKay, or Lewis who are all pro-choice. The fourth guy is fringe with as much chance of winning as Elizabeth may does at being PM.
I mean if he wants to criticize anyone for thinking a woman has no sovereignty over their own body, I don't think he cares what religion they are. Has Singh ever said he believes women shouldn't have the right to choose, but simply won't change the law? Honestly I don't know. I don't think Sikhism has a specific stance on abortion, only feticide.

Neither Singh nor Scheer have any right to tell someone what to do, even if they "believe" whatever they "believe". It's good that neither want to change Canadian abortion laws.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2020, 04:22 PM   #1723
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
I believe leaders of every party have said they would not allow their members to table any bills that would challenge abortion rights except for Scheer and the cons, but I'm going off of memory so I could be wrong.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2020, 05:11 PM   #1724
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
The problem with the cons is they have to appeal to some rural farmer that doesn’t want abortions.

Hopefully under new leadership they can kind of sway that opinion
Old 07-15-2020, 05:28 PM   #1725
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,567 Times in 1,715 Posts
Quote:
How is that a hypocrisy? I've never heard Singh state that he was against abortion, or that he would enact any policy to ban such.

So you're saying his religion is a monolith, and that because he is Sikh he is automatically against abortion? That's absolutely ridiculous
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: