REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-15-2020, 05:30 PM   #1726
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,569 Times in 1,716 Posts
In fact, in that case JD, you do know that Andrew Sheer is a Catholic, correct?

So I guess he stands for child molestation, by your logic.

What an absurd statement, with all due respect.
Advertisement
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-15-2020, 06:05 PM   #1727
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Holy shit the reading comprehension is strong in this thread.

- I point out the hypocrisy of a forum member stating that he loves to highlight a politician whose personal belief based on religion is wrong when it matches that of a politician he supports of a different faith. As a practicing Orthodox Sikh Singh is (or at least according to Sikhism should be) personally against abortion due his religious beliefs.
- Skinny states that Singh doesn't allow that to influence his policy as a politician. That is correct, and matches the position of the Conservative leader.
- The whole point is that religion is NOT a monolith for either party leader, because they share the same personal vs policy beliefs, but that someone likes to pick and choose and spread false information

Now Scheer is a child molester. I honestly don't know what kind of mental gymnastics took place to where that argument made sense to make. Truly an absurd statement, you're right.

Westopher:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sch...life-1.5307415
"Speaking to reporters in New Brunswick, Scheer, a practising Catholic, said that while he opposes abortion, a government led by him wouldn't enact any government legislation to ban the procedure or support the efforts of any Conservative backbench MP to limit the practice."

Just for the record I'm very pro-choice, think religion should have absolutely no place in politics, and neither should corrupt frauds who breach ethics laws. Three times.
JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #1728
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,815 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD¹³ View Post
Holy shit the reading comprehension is strong in this thread.

- I point out the hypocrisy of a forum member stating that he loves to highlight a politician whose personal belief based on religion is wrong when it matches that of a politician he supports of a different faith. As a practicing Orthodox Sikh Singh is (or at least according to Sikhism should be) personally against abortion due his religious beliefs.
- Skinny states that Singh doesn't allow that to influence his policy as a politician. That is correct, and matches the position of the Conservative leader.
- The whole point is that religion is NOT a monolith for either party leader, because they share the same personal vs policy beliefs, but that someone likes to pick and choose and spread false information

Now Scheer is a child molester. I honestly don't know what kind of mental gymnastics took place to where that argument made sense to make. Truly an absurd statement, you're right.

Westopher:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sch...life-1.5307415
"Speaking to reporters in New Brunswick, Scheer, a practising Catholic, said that while he opposes abortion, a government led by him wouldn't enact any government legislation to ban the procedure or support the efforts of any Conservative backbench MP to limit the practice."

Just for the record I'm very pro-choice, think religion should have absolutely no place in politics, and neither should corrupt frauds who breach ethics laws. Three times.
Again, has Singh stated that he is against abortion personally? Because if he didn't, your argument about Manic isn't really valid.

Singh as a Sikh can be for or against abortion personally, regardless of his religion. This is what mike was arguing...

Although manic is heavy handed, if Scheer is on record of being against abortion, he absolutely deserves all the criticism in the world for it, party policy notwithstanding.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2020, 07:01 PM   #1729
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Singh is a real leader who's core principles will never change. scheer/mckay are not leaders. mckay says he would walk in a gay pride parade. Where was he 20 years ago? Abortion was legalized in 1969 and some cons like sloan still want to ban it.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:39 PM   #1730

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Quote:
As a practicing Orthodox Sikh Singh is (or at least according to Sikhism should be) personally against abortion due his religious beliefs.
Plenty of people (probably most) do not practice or believe every detail of their stated religion. As a result of that you can't make an accurate assumption one way or the other unless he has actually made a statement on it.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:44 PM   #1731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
mckay says he would walk in a gay pride parade. Where was he 20 years ago?
To be fair, it's possible for people, even politicians, to change their minds on topics that they were wrong about before.

Not saying that's the case here, but it's possible, and should be applauded when true...
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2020, 08:28 PM   #1732
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
A good politician should keep his or her personal beliefs out of it anyways and do what's best for his or her constituents.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #1733

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
To be fair, it's possible for people, even politicians, to change their minds on topics that they were wrong about before.

Not saying that's the case here, but it's possible, and should be applauded when true...
It should not take them 20 plus years. Seems like the only reason they are changing is that they need the votes. No matter what statements and polices the cons make it will still be the party against women/gay rights and immigration. Until they start booting members like sloan it's not going to change.
Old 07-16-2020, 03:39 PM   #1734

Quote:
It should not take them 20 plus years. Seems like the only reason they are changing is that they need the votes. No matter what statements and polices the cons make it will still be the party against women/gay rights and immigration. Until they start booting members like sloan it's not going to change.
That's literally what conservative means though. It means you don't want things to change much.

So for a conservative to stop caring about where random people put their dicks, it's going to take a long time
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2020, 12:34 PM   #1735
I Wanna Go Fast!

No political party in Canada is going to reverse abortion laws, as they shouldn't. End of point.

In news that actually matters the stink continues to pile up at Liberal HQ. Billy Morneau is now under investigation by the Ethics Commissioner as well, also his third time with two previous guilty verdicts during his tenure as Finance Minister.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/edito...ted-as-trudeau

This WE Charity and it's associated companies, some for-profit, have paid the Trudeau family hundreds of thousands of dollars over the last few years. They've also amassed tens of millions in real estate in Toronto while they're supposed to be helping under privileged children in impoverished nations.

"By the end of the 2013 school year, $1.4 million was raised from more than 3,000 schools across the country. They were told they would be helping to give people clean drinking water; I wonder how those children would feel knowing they were donating to a charity that was about to become a major player in real estate.

Since that penny campaign in 2013, WE Charity has gone from listing $10.8 million in real estate holdings to $43.7 million reported to the Canada Revenue Agency in 2018, just five years later.
"

Surely they need almost a billion dollars of our money. Like I said previously, I don't know how any Liberal voter can actually support these two individuals and their families after all these breaches of ethics and lying to all of us. Those that do are a case study in ignorance and partisanship. These clowns have destroyed what the party once stood for.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2020, 05:43 PM   #1736

[quote=JD¹³;8993063]No political party in Canada is going to reverse abortion laws, as they shouldn't. End of point.

Tell that to the 45 con members of parliment.

https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/20...concerned.html

Quote:
Anti-abortion group says 45 now-elected Conservative MPs would vote to restrict abortion access

Two Canadian anti-abortion organizations, both of which aim to influence legislation on abortion, collectively supported more than 60 candidates from parties on the political right, with one group alleging many of these individuals would vote to restrict access to abortion, and for the promotion of conscience rights for doctors.

Now 45 of those candidates — all members of the Conservative Party — are MPs.

And while these groups say the candidates they supported are anti-abortion, several of the now-elected MPs have not explicitly discussed their position, or commented to media on why they received support from anti-abortion groups.

One of these groups is Campaign Life Coalition (CLC), a national organization “working at all levels of government to secure full legal protection for all human beings, from the time of conception to natural death.”

A website run by CLC called voteprolife.ca, has a list of all candidates they determined to be “pro-life” in the 2019 election. There were more than 60, all belonging to right-leaning parties, such as the Conservatives or the PPC, or who ran as Independent.

Of the candidates on the list, 45 — all Conservatives — won their seat.
https://www.voteprolife.ca/

If the cons were serious about being pro-choice all 45 MP's would be booted from the party but they are not.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:59 PM   #1737

I can't wait for Peter Mackay to become the con leader.

top commit

ONLYthroughTHECROSS
2 days ago (edited)
Definitely WON'T BE VOTING FOR PETER MacKay. He is NO CONSERVATIVE. MIGHT AS WELL KEEP TRUDEAU IN POWER. NOT SURPRISING HIS WIFE IS FROM IRAN ...A MUSLIM.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:28 PM   #1738
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Guess who the first person is on my ignore list! Haven't had to use it in the 19 years I've been on RS, not for Timpo, not for Hyde, not for CiC... I'm a pretty tolerant guy but enough's enough...
Old 07-18-2020, 10:17 PM   #1739
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
Guess who the first person is on my ignore list! Haven't had to use it in the 19 years I've been on RS, not for Timpo, not for Hyde, not for CiC... I'm a pretty tolerant guy but enough's enough...
Hehe?
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2020, 10:41 AM   #1740

Thanked 4,569 Times in 1,716 Posts
Quote:
I can't wait for Peter Mackay to become the con leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHzWCJ-063I

top commit

ONLYthroughTHECROSS
2 days ago (edited)
Definitely WON'T BE VOTING FOR PETER MacKay. He is NO CONSERVATIVE. MIGHT AS WELL KEEP TRUDEAU IN POWER. NOT SURPRISING HIS WIFE IS FROM IRAN ...A MUSLIM.
I can't believe this woman ran for office in my literal backyard. She reminds me of those ultra-right conservatives that run down in the Southern bible-belt, it's bizarre seeing that type of candidate here in Burnaby, of all places.

She's very Trumpy, and you're seeing these versions of candidates in various Western democracies as of late.

Is it me, or is this all relatively new? I can't recall these types of candidates running so rampantly in so many places a decade or so ago.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:51 AM   #1741

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I can't believe this woman ran for office in my literal backyard. She reminds me of those ultra-right conservatives that run down in the Southern bible-belt, it's bizarre seeing that type of candidate here in Burnaby, of all places.

She's very Trumpy, and you're seeing these versions of candidates in various Western democracies as of late.

Is it me, or is this all relatively new? I can't recall these types of candidates running so rampantly in so many places a decade or so ago.
They have always been there but the internet has amplified their voice and emboldened them.

She is a massive hypocrite, one of those do as I say not as I do types.

Last edited by Manic!; 07-19-2020 at 11:27 AM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2020, 02:57 PM   #1742
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
I like to assume all these nut jobs are Americans we've allowed to immigrate into Canada, such a shame
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2020, 03:24 PM   #1743

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
I like to assume all these nut jobs are Americans we've allowed to immigrate into Canada, such a shame
She was actually born and raised in Uganda. Her parents where missionaries.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:04 PM   #1744

https://nationalpost.com/news/chines...nada-embassies
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 12:28 PM   #1745
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Many current Liberals voted against gay marriage for decades, times change, people should as well, rather than spouting one-sided prejudice
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2020, 01:05 PM   #1746
I Wanna Go Fast!

Trudeau gives 48hrs notice to MP's for a question period in the House of Commons today, then he takes a 'personal day' and doesn't even show up. Chrystia Freeland getting absolutely slaughtered by all parties

Corruption or incompetence, which is it.
Old 07-20-2020, 01:14 PM   #1747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Many current Liberals voted against gay marriage for decades, times change, people should as well, rather than spouting one-sided prejudice
Well, zero Liberals right now want to ban abortions or gay marriage. If sheer had one the election I bet 40 MP's threatening to quit would change is mind on abortion pretty quick.

https://www.liberal.ca/lgbtq2/
https://www.ndp.ca/news/ndp-statement-pride-month
https://www.greenparty.ca/en/media-r...lgbtq-strategy

Not a single mention of LGBTQ rights on the con website from what I can see. It's 2020, 15 years after gay marriage was legalized yet we still have cons that think gay people can be converted to become straight.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/cont...ve-voters.html

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/sloa...bill-1.4967752

Last edited by Manic!; 07-20-2020 at 01:22 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-21-2020, 07:15 AM   #1748
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
^that's bullshit and if want to spew that junk, so be it. The Cons just treat every Canadian as equal, without the need for labels, acronyms, and initials; regardless of colour or sexual preference
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2020, 07:25 AM   #1749
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
Derek Sloan would like to have a word with you about that.....
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2020, 08:23 AM   #1750
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,904 Posts
Quote:
Trudeau gives 48hrs notice to MP's for a question period in the House of Commons today, then he takes a 'personal day' and doesn't even show up. Chrystia Freeland getting absolutely slaughtered by all parties

Corruption or incompetence, which is it.
JT kindly reclused himself from parliament.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote