REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-04-2020, 10:24 AM   #1651
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Interestingly, Horgan's NDP seems to be doing exactly what you are wishing for...
I was talking Federal but I agree for the most part. They’ve done a pretty good job.
Advertisement
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 05:34 PM   #1652
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Tomorrow we will get to see a budget snapshot. Wonder how bad of a deficit it will be 270billion or will it be over 300billion dollars?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:32 AM   #1653
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts

NDP is gaining on the cons and the libs are going strong.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:38 AM   #1654
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,583 Times in 1,725 Posts
^Great seeing the NDP make gain here, though it rarely translates in the actual election.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 12:23 PM   #1655
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,353 Times in 5,655 Posts
350 billion deficit, far beyond even the wildest dreams of analysts.

And Turd says the govt. took on the debt so the people didn’t have to..so who is going to pay back that debt?

When I have to renew my mortgage in 3 years I’m gonna be paying 15% to cover the cerbs that didn’t want to go back to work?
Old 07-08-2020, 12:31 PM   #1656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

And Turd says the govt. took on the debt so the people didn’t have to..so who is going to pay back that debt?

When I have to renew my mortgage in 3 years I’m gonna be paying 15% to cover the cerbs that didn’t want to go back to work?
In 3 years I will do it at 10%. Deal?
Old 07-08-2020, 12:43 PM   #1657

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:

You build/inspect homes right? Well you wouldn’t have been if these measures were not taken. The amount of businesses that would have folded and people with no jobs would have been unfathomable. It fucking sucks for sure and I’m sure things could have been done better. These decisions were calculated and voted on by FOUR parties. It wasn’t just Trudeau sitting on the toilet being like “yo fuck, Morneau, just give everyone a couple grand a month and see what happens”
This is an unprecedented reaction to an unprecedented situation. Those of us in here should be thankful we still have jobs, and be especially thankful that we aren’t just letting people die and still having our economy shit the bed like the US and Sweden did.
I don’t think the government should be immune to criticism, but I even tell my staff at work, if you don’t like how a problem was handled, you better come with a solution along with the criticism.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2020, 01:07 PM   #1658

A long term solution would be to heavily audit the cerb program and go hard after people who fraudulently applied for it, this would likely reduce the overall debt however the govt. is so incompetent it may be cheaper to let people off the hook than perform the investigations.

My point was moreso that turd comes out saying the govt. took on debt as opposed to the people, well obviously the people are going to be the ones that eat the debt. And it will almost certainly be the working middle class who eat the majority of it once again.

Frankly if you had zero savings before this and a bunch of credit card debt and we’re living cheque to cheque, it was probably time for you to file bankruptcy as opposed to being propped up for a few months with free money.

I get what you’re saying many people who had everything out of their control got fucked by covid. But the notion that we can just continually be cutting blank cheque’s to the public and keep creating these subsidy programs for people outside of the cerb is insane.

Your point is completely valid in the first two, or 3 months of this. But frankly it’s time to right the ship as opposed to remain status quo with this insane deficit building.

Frankly I find myself being completely disenfranchised with govt. in general and basically indifferent to the actions of words of any party. Feels like you just gotta do what you can do and get ready to spread your ass cheeks once in a while for a good fucking.

Last edited by Hondaracer; 07-08-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2020, 01:16 PM   #1659

Totally agree on that. There needs to be checks and balances in place to make sure people are not taking advantage of the situation. To be fair they needed to implement something instantly that prevented disaster in the thick of it and now it’s time to get down to putting measures in place that hold people accountable for fraudulent claims and such.
There’s a lot more people in this country living paycheque to paycheque and as far as I’m concerned that points to a larger systematic issue with the allowing to let real estate prices get out of control, people holding multiple properties, costs of food due to relying on other countries to supply and more. That’s the fault of tha Canadian governments for the last 5-6 decades and can’t be placed squarely on the current government.
Shit hasn’t been working for a long time, but it takes a while for results to become clear that there is an issue. Especially with each generation being more fucked than the last.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2020, 01:42 PM   #1660
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
A long term solution would be to heavily audit the cerb program and go hard after people who fraudulently applied for it, this would likely reduce the overall debt however the govt. is so incompetent it may be cheaper to let people off the hook than perform the investigations.

My point was moreso that turd comes out saying the govt. took on debt as opposed to the people, well obviously the people are going to be the ones that eat the debt. And it will almost certainly be the working middle class who eat the majority of it once again.

Frankly if you had zero savings before this and a bunch of credit card debt and we’re living cheque to cheque, it was probably time for you to file bankruptcy as opposed to being propped up for a few months with free money.

I get what you’re saying many people who had everything out of their control got fucked by covid. But the notion that we can just continually be cutting blank cheque’s to the public and keep creating these subsidy programs for people outside of the cerb is insane.

Your point is completely valid in the first two, or 3 months of this. But frankly it’s time to right the ship as opposed to remain status quo with this insane deficit building.

Frankly I find myself being completely disenfranchised with govt. in general and basically indifferent to the actions of words of any party. Feels like you just gotta do what you can do and get ready to spread your ass cheeks once in a while for a good fucking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Totally agree on that. There needs to be checks and balances in place to make sure people are not taking advantage of the situation. To be fair they needed to implement something instantly that prevented disaster in the thick of it and now it’s time to get down to putting measures in place that hold people accountable for fraudulent claims and such.
There’s a lot more people in this country living paycheque to paycheque and as far as I’m concerned that points to a larger systematic issue with the allowing to let real estate prices get out of control, people holding multiple properties, costs of food due to relying on other countries to supply and more. That’s the fault of tha Canadian governments for the last 5-6 decades and can’t be placed squarely on the current government.
Shit hasn’t been working for a long time, but it takes a while for results to become clear that there is an issue. Especially with each generation being more fucked than the last.
And then we have NDP who feels we should not punish those who took advantage of CERB and should allow them to keep the money. For the first few months sure help those in need but now there are tons of place hiring and no one wants to work coz "Hey I get to sit at home and get 2k a month and my landlord can't evict me" why should people go to work when they make a little more than 2k. Why punish people who make between 1k to 2k (coz if you make more than 1k you can't apply for CERB). The gov is actually telling people stay home and be lazy and collect money. Lot's of people rather be at home and don't have to get up early be at work for 40 hours and earn maybe just a bit more than 2k.

Also I don't like where if university grads or university students gets money from doing volunteer work. IS VOLUNTEER WORK. If the gov is paying them is call a JOB.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 07-08-2020 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #1661

And how much is it going to cost to find and charge cheaters.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:17 PM   #1662
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Who cares at this point, we're going to be taking it up the ass in taxes regardless why not hunt down the people who stole money. What kind of precedent is that setting if they just decide to not look into it at all?
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2020, 02:55 PM   #1663

Yep. I’m a strong proponent of UBI, but this wasn’t UBI and no one deserves to treat it as such.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-08-2020, 02:59 PM   #1664
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Also I don't like where if university grads or university students gets money from doing volunteer work. IS VOLUNTEER WORK. If the gov is paying them is call a JOB.
Spoken by someone who's never volunteered a day in his life.

And so what about people who blatantly flouted self-quarantine and isolation rules in the middle of a pandemic when they're showing COVID-19 symptoms? We should be able to report them to the authorities and fine them to the maximum extent possible right.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:43 PM   #1665

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
Spoken by someone who's never volunteered a day in his life.

And so what about people who blatantly flouted self-quarantine and isolation rules in the middle of a pandemic when they're showing COVID-19 symptoms? We should be able to report them to the authorities and fine them to the maximum extent possible right.
Do it! If you have 100% prof that I did in fact have got the symptoms and chose to not self isolate then of course you need actually have to provide actual prof I did in fact go out IE GPS tacking. I do encourage you to do that and see what will actually happen. Or and you do need to actually provide proof how do you know I do have the symptoms not just of what was posted online. But hey don't take my word for it report me to the appropriate authority love to hear from them.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:45 PM   #1666
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,389 Times in 1,233 Posts
So did you get tested man?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:57 PM   #1667

Quote:
Do it! If you have 100% prof that I did in fact have got the symptoms and chose to not self isolate then of course you need actually have to provide actual prof I did in fact go out IE GPS tacking. I do encourage you to do that and see what will actually happen. Or and you do need to actually provide proof how do you know I do have the symptoms not just of what was posted online. But hey don't take my word for it report me to the appropriate authority love to hear from them.
Well you did say you did that. Were you just lying for the sake of conversation?
That wouldn't make much sense.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2020, 07:44 PM   #1668
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
I honestly don't think there are that many people who are cheating CERB.

10%? More or less?
CRA says they got 3300 leads on people who are faking it.

Currently, 7.8 million people have applied for CERB as of May 10.. I can't see there being more than 5% of honest canadians cheating the system.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:51 PM   #1669

5% of 8 million people getting $6000 over 3 months is still almost 2.5 billion dollars..
Old 07-08-2020, 07:52 PM   #1670
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
How do they even get tips tho? Like your neighbors snitching on you?
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:00 PM   #1671

Probably their employers that told them to come back to work, and they said, "no thank you" too.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2020, 09:09 PM   #1672

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
There's also people out there who were "laid off" but are still working and just unofficially banking the time.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:52 PM   #1673
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
There's an even more dire view of CERB or more precisely the economy as a whole... I have heard there are businesses that are really struggling with paying their employees wage.

They could no longer sustain the business (they need people to open, but yet most opening won't make enough to pay all the expenses if wages were included) and was laying off all employees and call it quit on the business.

After they sat down to discuss with their employees, employees didn't want to be laid off in a time like this because god knows when they'd be able to find work in this environment.

So the proposition was they would basically cheat on CEWS AND CERB and keep the business open by claiming only enough to qualify for either or both of the programs and let the government pay majority of the wage, but the employees would come to work and employers would keep their business open.

It's cheating alright... but IMHO, a necessary evil. I honestly don't see the reasoning to go after these cases... because if they closed, CERB would have to pay anyway. And if they did close, there would more issue for the gov't to worry about and less revenue to collect (taxes)
Old 07-09-2020, 12:18 AM   #1674
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
bro it isnt free.

i duno how much CRA people get paid but its prob at least 30-40 bux an hour right?

think about how much that would cost. how long the audits would take. they'd be spending more money trying to get back that money.

more than 6 million people applied.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2020, 06:52 AM   #1675
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Lol.

You admitted on here yourself you had symptoms, ignored the 14 day quarantine, and went out grocery shopping.

We all know you don't give a fuck about anyone but yourself. Your posts here prove that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
bro it isnt free.

i duno how much CRA people get paid but its prob at least 30-40 bux an hour right?

think about how much that would cost. how long the audits would take. they'd be spending more money trying to get back that money.

more than 6 million people applied.
Exactly. CRA was understaffed even before the pandemic hit.

Last edited by SkunkWorks; 07-09-2020 at 06:59 AM.
SkunkWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: