REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:03 PM   #8951
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
if we're allowed distanced picnics, i'll take it
Are we allowed to drink in parks/beaches yet? Having a picnic and a craft beer with friends sounds like a dream come true
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2021, 09:23 AM   #8952
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Are we allowed to drink in parks/beaches yet? Having a picnic and a craft beer with friends sounds like a dream come true
If not, awful lots of happy laughing folks drinkin' out of Contigo water bottles
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:19 AM   #8953
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Lol “now you can go outside”

You gotta be a real covid Cuck to not have been seeing people fucking outside in a oark etc. Since sept lol..

Given the variants and whatnot of just because Bonnie says now you can go outside with 10 people now you’re gonna go have a bbq party with elderly parents? Lol..that makes less sense than seeing people outside pretty much anytime before today if you were actually following the rules.
You've pretty much summed up the people on r/vancouver on Reddit. There are so many "I've been isolating at home by myself because I live alone" people basically saying the same thing.

It's absolutely mindblowing how those people can't do any sort of critical thinking for themselves.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2021, 10:26 AM   #8954
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
If not, awful lots of happy laughing folks drinkin' out of Contigo water bottles
Yes, you're allowed ... but I remember that it has to be particular ones:

Vancouver Park Board votes to allow drinking in 22 public parks, but legislation still needed

https://globalnews.ca/news/7224370/v...20concessions.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:54 AM   #8955
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,824 Times in 8,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
You've pretty much summed up the people on r/vancouver on Reddit. There are so many "I've been isolating at home by myself because I live alone" people basically saying the same thing.

It's absolutely mindblowing how those people can't do any sort of critical thinking for themselves.
That's basically all of reddit. They've turned social distancing into a cult-like form of thinking. Everywhere you go, if there's a celebrity or known person who is part of that subreddit, if they find out they aren't completely shut in for an entire year, or take off their mask to do something, they get absolutely destroyed and "canceled".

I've seen them turn on wrestlers, athletes, MMA fighters.. basically anywhere I go on reddit, I see them getting outraged about someone not doing everything "perfectly" and basically "canceling" them in their own part of that subculture. It's turning into some sort of deranged cult, to be "perfect" in adherence to social distancing. If you don't, you're literally trying to kill their grandparents.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 11:16 AM   #8956
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
It is legal to drink in parks in Port Coquitlam. Good thing I moved there recently.

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 11:34 AM   #8957
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Same with North van, although I have to say, since it’s become legal I’ve become a little too casual walking down the street with a tall can lol.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2021, 12:15 PM   #8958
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post

It's an excuse for shitty, lonely, people to act like shitty people. You remove COVID, those same people will find another reason to be shitty to their fellow citizens.

"You can't park there"
"You can't BBQ there"
"Your music is too loud"

They are all the same types.

Unhappy people dealing with mental health issues that are looking to bring others down to their otherwise sorrow filled level.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 01:05 PM   #8959
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
That's basically all of reddit. They've turned social distancing into a cult-like form of thinking. Everywhere you go, if there's a celebrity or known person who is part of that subreddit, if they find out they aren't completely shut in for an entire year, or take off their mask to do something, they get absolutely destroyed and "canceled".

I've seen them turn on wrestlers, athletes, MMA fighters.. basically anywhere I go on reddit, I see them getting outraged about someone not doing everything "perfectly" and basically "canceling" them in their own part of that subculture. It's turning into some sort of deranged cult, to be "perfect" in adherence to social distancing. If you don't, you're literally trying to kill their grandparents.
Weird
Old 03-12-2021, 01:10 PM   #8960
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
Like, I get it. Bonnie has to put some rules in place because people are too dumb to read between the lines and if you had said it’s ok to be with 10 people outside before, that turns into 10 people on a porch, those 10 people going inside the house because you’re loose after a few drinks, those 10 people hanging out inside without masks etc.

But it’s funny as mentioned above this attitude of do-gooder syndrome otherwise
Old 03-12-2021, 01:22 PM   #8961
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,460 Times in 5,118 Posts
I happened to be in Aldergrove last night, drove by the Fox & Hound... uhm... I think a number of people/establishments heard "We are easing restrictions..." and just rushed out the door.

Parking lot was full spilling out onto the street, dozens of people standing outside partying it up...

Crazy... give an inch take a mile... RIP Fraser Health Authority
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2021, 01:57 PM   #8962

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
What are your thoughts on the safety of the AstraZeneca vaccine for people?

-from the article:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/03...a-week-canada/

Health Canada made a statement saying that the batch of AstraZeneca vaccines being shipped to Canada is safe.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/03...health-canada/

Denmark has temporarily suspended the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine after reports of blood clots in some people, but its health authority said Thursday it has no evidence the vaccine was responsible.

Other experts pointed out that of the millions of AstraZeneca vaccine shots administered elsewhere, including in Britain, there have been no reported cases of the vaccine causing blood clots or related problems.

On Thursday, AstraZeneca Canada confirmed to 680 NEWS the batch of doses the country has secured are different than the ones being investigated for the aforementioned side effects.

“We’re aware of the statement made today by Sundhedsstyrelsen (the Danish Health Authority) that they are currently investigating potential adverse events related to vaccination against COVID-19,” an AstraZeneca Canada spokesperson said in an email.

Other experts pointed out that of the millions of AstraZeneca vaccine shots administered elsewhere, including in Britain, there have been no reported cases of the vaccine causing blood clots or related problems.

On Thursday, AstraZeneca Canada confirmed to 680 NEWS the batch of doses the country has secured are different than the ones being investigated for the aforementioned side effects.

“Patient Safety is the highest priority for AstraZeneca. Regulators have clear and stringent efficacy and safety standards for the approval of any new medicine, and that includes AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine.”

Health Canada has recommended that the shot be administered to people aged 60 to 64.

“The safety of the vaccine has been extensively studied in Phase 3 clinical trials and Peer-reviewed data confirms the vaccine has been generally well-tolerated,” AstraZeneca Canada said.

“We immediately shared this global information with Health Canada and will continue to share evolving data on our vaccine from both Canada and around the world as part of our ongoing pharmaco-vigilance activities.”

Denmark’s Health Authority said its decision was “based on a precautionary principle” and that one person who developed a blood clot after vaccination had died.

“At present, it cannot be concluded whether there is a link between the vaccine and the blood clots,” authorities said. Danish officials did not say whether the patient had any underlying conditions and did not provide any other details.

I'm assuming that most people on RS, except maybe MG1 , are not in the age range of 60-64.

That being said, if you know anyone in this age range, do you think it is safe for them to take the AstraZeneca vaccine?
Old 03-12-2021, 03:59 PM   #8963
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,824 Times in 8,194 Posts
Number of blood clots per person injected is about the same as the general public. One guy died of DVT, but no causal relationship. Looks like it's fine
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 04:52 PM   #8964
RS controls my life!

Not sure what all the numbers are exactly but if the probability of me catching covid AND having critical adverse effects as a young person is lower than the probability of getting blood clots from AstraZeneca vaccine, I'm passing. AstraZeneca having one of the lowest efficacy rate doesn't help either.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:36 PM   #8965
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
Not sure what all the numbers are exactly but if the probability of me catching covid AND having critical adverse effects as a young person is lower than the probability of getting blood clots from AstraZeneca vaccine, I'm passing. AstraZeneca having one of the lowest efficacy rate doesn't help either.
Wife told me that she wasn't given a choice of the vaccine and was basically told right before injection
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:38 PM   #8966
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
O look I guess the none China vaccines aren't as good as they sound. With Euro countries banning it. But of course Canada says it's fine cuz we're desperate for any vaccines. We'll just deal with the deaths if they die.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2021, 05:44 PM   #8967
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
O look I guess the none China vaccines aren't as good as they sound. With Euro countries banning it. But of course Canada says it's fine cuz we're desperate for any vaccines. We'll just deal with the deaths if they die.
which chinese one did we approve?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 07:57 PM   #8968

Government always wrong jdmdreams always right. 5 years full lockdown is the answer, don’t question it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-13-2021, 12:25 AM   #8969
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post

I get that you hate China... So do I... but please educate yourself about the vaccines name and where they come from first.
209.247.83.192:27015
JackAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 06:37 AM   #8970

So we passed the one year mark when Covid19 was declared a pandemic, people often use Mar 11 or that week as the starting point. It was then that NBA suspended games ... shock. LeBron said, 'I'm not playing in empty arenas'. NHL suspended games and everything started to unravel. Dr. Bonnie started shutting things down. Runs at Costco for toilet paper. Robson, Burrard and other major streets became like ghost town. Stock market dropped about 25-30% or more in some sectors. Gas price was like $0.95/l. Beginning of WFH. Surreal. Once in a generation pandemic. The world changed.

What have you learned in the past year?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2021, 07:01 AM   #8971
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,460 Times in 5,118 Posts
I’ve learned that people, in general, are really really really stupid
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 07:20 AM   #8972

I would change that to 'some' people are really really stupid.

I was inspired by many health professionals who worked triple OT risking their own health. Some willing to do some very restrictive things in order not to infect their family members.

A crisis reveals the true nature and character of a person ... or a nation.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:47 AM   #8973

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
What concerns me the most is that before the one year anniversary of the pandemic start date, March 11th 2020, as per the World Health Organization, the world saw the UK and South African variants of Covid in people.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/03...es-and-deaths/

-even more cases of variants in B.C.

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – B.C. has recorded 648 new cases of COVID-19, a day after the province’s top doctor announced a relaxing of rules on outdoor gatherings.

No one has died of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, but there are 79 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 variants of concern.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:59 AM   #8974
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
I'd hesitate to say I learned anything new, more just confirmed what I already suspected about a lot of people.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2021, 10:31 AM   #8975

I didn’t expect the population to be as fucking stupid as they have been. The YouTube university of doctors, the conspiracy theorists, etc. is mind boggling. Like the thought that the entire worlds governments has just decided to work together to invoke communism and angles like that. Imagine thinking this is benefitting governments throughout the world.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by: