REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:20 PM   #8901
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
What's even worse is she's supposed to be working LTC now

Advertisement
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #8902
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,015 Times in 1,911 Posts
Investment advisor at Canaccord Genuity charged in Vancouver pizzeria confrontation

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/investment-adv...tion-1.5336066

VANCOUVER -- One of the men charged following a heated confrontation over masks at a Vancouver pizza restaurant is an investment advisor at Canaccord Genuity. The company issued a statement to CTV News on Friday saying the employee has been suspended without pay pending the outcome of an internal investigation.

"We are incredibly disappointed to learn of a shameful incident of inexcusable behaviour involving one of our employees," a spokesperson for Canaccord Genuity said in an email. "Canaccord Genuity rejects the disgraceful behaviours, opinions and actions of the individuals involved. They are in no way representative of our firm’s values."

Vancouver police confirmed this week that assault charges have been approved against James Henry Davidson and Brenton Thomas Woyat. Profiles on Facebook and LinkedIn identified Woyat as an investment advisor at Canaccord Genuity as recently as Thursday, though both pages appear to have been deactivated.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2021, 07:39 PM   #8903
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,823 Times in 2,507 Posts
i can't recall the specifics of a nurse's oath, but i'm assuming it's similar to doctors and engineers', to do no harm, serve the public interest, etc... seems like she broke it breaking health orders...

wonder if anything will come of that on the licensing end...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2021, 08:50 PM   #8904
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post

https://twitter.com/klaidlaw/status/1367996754197626882
Can’t believe she has the audacity to call herself a hero
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:07 PM   #8905
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post

https://twitter.com/klaidlaw/status/1367996754197626882
Would hit
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:47 AM   #8906
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...-8m-libel-suit

Tldr: anti lockdown/covid vaccine Doctor suing her critics.

Doctor who said Canada doesn't need COVID vaccine calls online critics 'hyenas' in $6.8M libel suit
The legal action targets tweets that began after Gill wrote that society has existing COVID defences in the form of 'the Truth … T-cell immunity … Hydroxychloroquine'

Author of the article:Tom Blackwell
Publishing date:Mar 04, 2021

Doctors and others have accused Dr. Kulvinder Gill of spreading conspiracy theories, being an “extremist crank” and part of a “war on science” because of her views on COVID-19 treatment.
Doctors and others have accused Dr. Kulvinder Gill of spreading conspiracy theories, being an “extremist crank” and part of a “war on science” because of her views on COVID-19 treatment. PHOTO BY ERNEST DOROSZUK/POSTMEDIA/FILE
Article content
When an Ontario doctor argued publicly that Canadians need neither a vaccine nor lockdowns to combat COVID-19 but should rely instead on a controversial malaria drug, some of the response was sharp.

Fellow physicians, academics and journalists called out Dr. Kulvinder Kaur Gill on social media last summer for peddling what they alleged was anti-scientific misinformation and conspiracy theory.

At least one of her tweets was removed by Twitter, and complaints were filed to Ontario’s medical regulator. Those recently resulted in cautions for “irresponsible” and “indefensible” behaviour that could endanger public health.

But then the dialogue took a different turn.

Gill filed a $6.8-million libel suit in December against 23 of the detractors – including a former president of the Ontario Medical Association (OMA) – claiming they had maliciously sullied her reputation.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content

The defendants include two former allies of Gill’s in a previous push to reform the powerful OMA, while the suit alleges racist and misogynist motives.

A year since the first lockdown was imposed, the case seems to underscore the bitter divisions spawned by the virus and efforts to curb it, even among health-care professionals.

“The individual defendants, like a pack of hyenas, attempted and in fact coordinated a circling of the plaintiff to literally destroy her career and reputation,” charges Gill’s statement of claim.

Handling the lawsuit is Toronto lawyer Rocco Galati, known himself for outspoken views about the pandemic. Galati has called public-health measures against the virus a “vicious fraud,” referred to protective face coverings as “slave-trade masks” and blamed it all on the “predatory globalist agenda of Bill Gates and his criminalist cohorts.”

Microsoft founder Gates has given away much of his vast fortune to help combat disease and poverty in the developing world.

Meanwhile, the pediatrician recently teamed up with another scientific outlier on one of her causes – promotion of the drug hydroxychloroquine as a COVID-19 treatment. Among the authors on a paper that concluded the malaria medicine was a useful therapy were Gill and Paul Alexander. He’s the part-time McMaster University professor who controversially tried to influence the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and other American government agencies as a Trump-administration appointee.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Even the prospect of the most vulnerable being vaccinated by summer, and everyone else by year's end, represents salvation that seemed unthinkable not very long ago.
Chris Selley: With vaccines on the way, pandemic-weary Canadians need a roadmap to freedom
Dr. Kulvinder Gill and Dr. Mark D’Souza each resigned their posts as chairs of districts representing Toronto-area physicians. “(There is) a culture of fear and intimidation and not one of freedom of speech,” says Dr. D’Souza.
Melodrama at Ontario doctors’ group ‘like a bad episode of House of Cards’

None of the allegations in the lawsuit has been proven in court and no statement of defence has yet been filed.

Two defendants dismissed the claims when reached this week.

“We believe the case is without merit with respect to Dr. Jacobs and we’re seeking to have it dismissed at the earliest opportunity,” said lawyer Andrew Winton, representing prominent radiologist David Jacobs.

“She’s not going to get any money from anybody,” predicted Dr. Terry Polevoy, a retired Waterloo, Ont., physician who crusades against what he considers anti-scientific health claims and products. “We told the truth. We presented facts.”

Gill referred inquiries to Galati, who declined to comment, saying that the suit spoke for itself.

The legal action targets mostly a series of tweets that began last August after Gill wrote that a vaccine is not needed against COVID-19, and that society has existing defences in the form of “the Truth … T-cell immunity … Hydroxychloroquine.”

She also tweeted that “there is absolutely no medical or scientific reason for this prolonged, harmful, and illogical lockdown.”

One response suggested it was “quite shocking” for such comments to come from a Canadian physician leader, and was followed by reference to an “army of hydroxychloroquine bots and unhinged conspiracy theorists” who chastized Gill’s critic.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
She’s not going to get any money from anybody

Doctors and others then accused the physician of spreading conspiracy theories, being an “extremist crank” and part of a “war on science.” Some suggested she be investigated by the College of Physicians and Surgeons, or actually filed complaints with the regulator.

The suit alleges the criticism of Gill, a woman of Sikh background, falsely and maliciously painted her as incompetent, mentally unstable and unscientific, threatening her future income and career opportunities. It said her views were backed by a “good portion” of the world’s scientific community,” while the criticisms were “laced with sexist, misogynist and racially overt overtures.”

Last month, Ontario’s College of Physicians and Surgeons issued official cautions to Gill for posts stating there was no need for a vaccine or justification for lockdowns. The tweets showed a lack of professionalism and caution that posed a potential risk to public health, its decision said.

“A safe, tested vaccine is the ideal solution to protecting the population and bringing about the end of the pandemic with the lowest possible number of deaths,” said the regulator.

The college said it was fair to question the effectiveness of lockdowns or whether their benefits outweighed the harms. But Gill stated “unequivocally and without providing any evidence” that there is no medical or scientific reason for such measures. The statement wasinaccurate, misinformed and misleading, said the regulator, citing as an example lockdowns in places like China that have virtually stopped spread of the virus.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
In another decision, it blasted her for an “indefensible” retweet suggesting that contact tracing, testing and isolation were ineffective and counter-productive.

Gill’s comments, “are irresponsible and careless in the current context and climate,” the College said.

But the agency dismissed a separate complaint about the doctor’s promotion of hydroxychloroquine in August, saying that at the time there was some good evidence of its effectiveness.

A bottle and pills of Hydroxychloroquine.
A bottle and pills of Hydroxychloroquine. PHOTO BY GEORGE FREY/AFP VIA GETTY IMAGES
The jury is not completely in today on hydroxychloroquine, which became a political football after former U.S. president Donald Trump touted it as a coronavirus therapy. Some trials are still ongoing. But the most recently published or internet-posted “meta-analyses” – studies of past research – conclude the drug had little or no impact on the coronavirus. One analysis did cite lesser-quality observational studies that suggested low doses could lessen mortality.

The study by Gill, Alexander and other authors, however, concluded that early use of hydroxychloroquine combined with other drugs cut mortality in nursing-home residents.

T-cell immunity is a theme embraced by COVID-19 skeptics such as U.S. Senator Rand Paul and controversial Trump advisor Dr. Scott Atlas, who believe herd immunity to the virus may be close at hand. T cells are a part of the immune system not detected in antibody tests, which suggest only a small portion of the population has natural defences against the virus.

Studies have suggested that 20-50 per cent of people have T cells that recognize the COVID-19 virus, likely because of previous infection with common-cold coronaviruses. But even the scientist who spearheaded that research has said it’s unknown whether those cells protect against the pandemic bug, and almost certain they wouldn’t produce herd immunity.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2021, 08:54 AM   #8907

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
TlL;DR woman thinks she deserves millions because she went on a public forum Being and idiot and got bullied lol
Old 03-06-2021, 11:34 AM   #8908
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Investment advisor at Canaccord Genuity charged in Vancouver pizzeria confrontation

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/investment-adv...tion-1.5336066
Figures. Canaccord isn't exactly known for its great people and great moral ethics.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2021, 06:00 PM   #8909
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Felt like I needed to get out of the house, cabin-fever setting in. Been wanting to grab something from the office so went for a quick drive downtown. Quick drive turned into a casual solo cruise around Stanley Park and then decided to head across the bridge and check out how Park Royal is coming along.

2 thoughts. A lot has changed here. More importantly. It looks like there's NO pandemic here once you cross the bridge? Was just driving through the "Village" and it is absolutely packed to the gills with people. Groups and groups of "same age people" all walking around with no masks so they're very unlikely to be household.
Is this normal around here? Siighh.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:27 PM   #8910

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
^^ it’s becoming more normal everywhere. People are sick and tired of covid
Old 03-07-2021, 12:28 AM   #8911
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post
Speaking of Karen's....

https://www.blogto.com/city/2021/03/...arson-airport/

Is there a way to embed tweets? The video of her on there

https://twitter.com/klaidlaw/status/1367598769848668166

Yeah I've heard a lot of canadians returning just flouting the rules and the govt not being able to do a thing, some ppl got a ticket, some didnt

Some want to follow the rules but were apparently expected to make hotel reservations on their own before their return, and weren't able to do so the day of their return etc etc
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:26 AM   #8912
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,282 Times in 1,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
^^ it’s becoming more normal everywhere. People are sick and tired of covid
we all are but like i said before, the virus don't give a shit if we're tired. it has no such fatigue unfortunately.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2021, 02:08 PM   #8913
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i can't recall the specifics of a nurse's oath, but i'm assuming it's similar to doctors and engineers', to do no harm, serve the public interest, etc... seems like she broke it breaking health orders...

wonder if anything will come of that on the licensing end...
I believe there was another nurse from Ontario that went to a Trump rally or that Capitol Hill riot in the US that got her license stripped and fired. The precedence is there, so it really depends on how the College of Nurses of Ontario approach this case.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 03:35 PM   #8914
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,823 Times in 2,507 Posts
wonder if the nurses union can protect her like police union

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:50 AM   #8915
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,015 Times in 1,911 Posts

Two Vancouver men thrown in jail for hosting party during pandemic

https://theprovince.com/news/two-van...c-62487745d3f3

Vancouver police arrested two men early Saturday morning for allegedly hosting a party in a downtown condo, a violation of B.C.’s provincial COVID-19 restrictions.

Prior to Saturday’s arrests, VPD Sgt. Steve Addison said police had received 10 previous complaints concerning parties in the high-rise tower near Burrard and Alberni streets.

Officers busted into the suite around 2 a.m.

“After repeated complaints from the public and unsuccessful efforts to convince these hosts to stop having parties, our officers obtained a search warrant and forced entry into the condo Saturday to arrest two men,” said Addison. “The alleged hosts were taken to jail, and six guests were issued $230 tickets for being at the gathering.”
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:15 PM   #8916
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
seems like a fast turnaround for a warrant?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:25 PM   #8917

This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-08-2021, 01:31 PM   #8918
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,364 Times in 5,658 Posts
George Takei can chill out on his social justice warrior BS.

He makes this virtue signaling comparisons about his life to current situations, like sorry George, no one cares.

People bitch about scenarios in modern day life because they have the luxury to. This isn’t like don’t be upset a virus is preventing you from seeing loved ones because in medieval times they didn’t have soap.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:37 PM   #8919
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
seems like a fast turnaround for a warrant?
Justices are available 24/7 for search warrants, emergency protective orders, Child custody issues etc.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2021, 01:59 PM   #8920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
This isn’t like don’t be upset a virus is preventing you from seeing loved ones because in medieval times they didn’t have soap.
i dont think his statement touched on the chronic mental distress we all have to endure

classifying 'face diapers' as oppression really is comical though, esp if you put it in perspective to an event that's still within living memory for quite a few
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2021, 02:49 PM   #8921

I get it, but it’s kinda like, enough of these celebs making memes to tell people how they should be. If covid taught everyone anything it’s celebs in general are so irrelevant and out of touch they might as well stfu rather than chiming in when it comes to your average person
Old 03-08-2021, 05:19 PM   #8922

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Just being a celeb, and being in a group of out of touch, often annoying clowns, doesn’t make him wrong.
It’s not like he’s like JUST STAY HOME LOOK HOW FUN IT IS as he floats in the pool of his Hollywood hills mansion.
It’s pretty fucking old listening to these pussies act like masks are some form of oppression.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2021, 05:25 PM   #8923

Well I’m sure they will definitely start listening when a C list actor like George posts a meme quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:28 PM   #8924

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Yeah they’ll just hoop a big gulp and lick an ATM to stick it to the left.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:35 PM   #8925

i dont hang out in hollywood but are c-list celebs not your average person that still need to go grocery shopping? lol