REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-22-2021, 04:47 PM   #9976
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
they'll just fly into somewhere else first, stay a day and then grab another one to Canada
I really don't think it's that easy.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:18 PM   #9977
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
I have a distant family member who will remain unnamed, who spent the winter in Mexico (like every winter). While we all think it was disgusting i really was jealous.

Now I see she flew to Bellingham, spent 2 days in Washington to “quarantine”, walked across the border and caught a cab home. All to avoid the “government hotels.” Seems like a huge pain in the ass to save a couple hundred bucks. Most people are in and out of those hotels in 2 days after they get their test.

Either way, there are loopholes.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2021, 06:23 PM   #9978
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Just got the notification I can book to get an AZ shot tomorrow. Problem is, I have 5 days of self-isolation to go after my daughter’s friend and classmate tested positive. Several of her other classmates have been tested and are all negative but we haven’t displayed any symptoms so haven’t bothered with a test, per instruction from 811.

Going to call the pharmacy tomorrow when they open and see what they have to say.. sure would suck to miss this opportunity and pick it up somewhere down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?

Last edited by punkwax; 04-22-2021 at 06:29 PM.
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:14 PM   #9979
RS controls my life!

Received my AZ shot today at BCIT.

My Feedback
TurboTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2021, 07:36 PM   #9980
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong, people are flying from India / or anywhere back to Canada has to be citizens. No visitors, no work visa (maybe), but definitely traveling not allowed. (Even if you have valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA).)

All in all, anyone coming back to Canada are Canadians and has every right to return home. Now it's just tough cause they can't come in at all.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:43 PM   #9981
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Wanted to share this article because it has some good perspective:
Quote:
VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) — The third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic in British Columbia is weighing heavily on healthcare workers, with hospitalizations at a record high and surgeries postponed in an effort to ease the pressure.

On Monday, Health Minister Adrian Dix and Dr. Bonnie Henry said procedures are being paused because the hospital system is stressed — and the people who keep it running are exhausted.

Dr. Navdeep Grewal sees patients at Delta Hospital and Mount Saint Joseph Hospital and has been working on the frontlines throughout the pandemic.

She says the stress has been cumulative, compounding as they care for patients day-in day out during a pandemic

“We’re fatigued. We’re just tired of constantly going to work, having to wear a mask and PPE all day at work, not being able to socialize, not being able to sit together while having our lunch,” she explains.

“It’s just been a lot of shared fatigue experiences, trauma experiences. We’re seeing patients that come in quite sick, having to deal with wondering when are they going to get sicker and have to be admitted to ICU. All of that kind of stuff gathers over time. You just keep working, just going in every day, every week, every month, not knowing when you’ll have a break or when you’ll be able to finally say, ‘Okay it’s time to take a holiday now,’ or actually have the ability to take that time off and not feel stressed because you know that your coworkers are still in the midst of all of this.”

RELATED: Abbotsford nurse takes to Instagram with tearful plea after death of COVID patient
And each day brings a flood of new information — about vaccines, about transmission, about variants.

“It’s like taking a continuing medical education course several times a day, every single day. The information just comes down to so quickly and it changes so fast,” she says.

Grewal also does volunteer outreach to help people overcome vaccine hesitancy, so it’s not just her patients who rely on her to allay their worries.

“I feel like I need to be on top of my game so that I can convince patients and friends and family that vaccines are safe, and there’s nothing to worry about. It’s just constantly upgrading my own medical education so I can be the expert for my friends and family,” she says.

She says at this stage of the pandemic what worries her most is that the spread of the virus could outpace immunization.

“The hardest part for me is knowing that we’re so close to the end. And yet, we still have a way to go. Our vaccination rollout is still in progress, we still have only about 30 per cent of the population eligible even to get vaccinated,” she explains.

“We’re still not anywhere close to where we need to be. My worry is that with COVID-fatigue that has developed — especially in this third wave — that we just may end up getting so many more cases of variants and not really winning this race.”

Grewal isn’t hopeless or pessimistic.

“We can still move forward and get through this, if we just continue to do our art — wearing masks, physical distancing, and making sure that we all get the vaccine when it’s our turn.”

She does urge people to consider the ripple-effect their decision to bend the rules can have.

“There is a small segment of the population that is questioning, that is wondering whether there’s some rules that they can break and still feel safe, and that’s fine,” she explains.

“But if everybody starts to feel the same way, and everybody then starts to become an exception to the rule then that’s when we start to have transmission of variants and the transmission of cases within social gatherings and it just gets worse and worse over time. That’s what led to the third wave.”
https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/04...id-exhaustion/

It's starting to annoy me how people who are eligible for vaccination aren't getting registered. It's not that they're conspiracy theorists, they're pretty normal people. It's just that for 1 reason or another, they can't be bothered to make it a priority. If the buck stopped at them in terms of their decision and the outcome, I wouldn't care, most people wouldn't care even. But their decision doesn't stop at them. I know we should learn to accept the things that we cannot control, and instead focus on the things we can control, and it's not kosher to shame people for their decisions, but it's getting pretty tough to keep my mouth closed when I see such flawed judgment.

The Dr in the article is literally the textbook definition of being altruistic. She suffers and endures for the betterment of strangers, for her friends, and family. I'm not religious but I think in some certain circles she'd be considered a saint.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:53 PM   #9982
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong, people are flying from India / or anywhere back to Canada has to be citizens. No visitors, no work visa (maybe), but definitely traveling not allowed. (Even if you have valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA).)

All in all, anyone coming back to Canada are Canadians and has every right to return home. Now it's just tough cause they can't come in at all.
AFAIK travelers can still go, unless the policy was changed in the last week. I know this because last week, an American twitch streamer I watch just went to Canada and will be there for a few months.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:09 PM   #9983
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post

International travellers are allowed to enter canada as long as they quarantine in hotel........... Last week more than 200 travellers were fined for not quarantining after they have arrived which probably means only 200 were caught and the thousands probably fell through the cracks or got off scott free knowing how lax the Canadian Justice system is. Thats why theres a huge uproar among BC residents on International flights, Residents are not allowed to leave their health authority while foreigners are allowed to roam free throughout the province.

Heres the link

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/qua...fine-1.5988378

Last edited by RiceIntegraRS; 04-22-2021 at 11:15 PM.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2021, 09:37 AM   #9984
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,803 Times in 3,899 Posts
I think the current system is probably ok if it’s just Canadians and PR returning home

but non-essential travel from foreigners? give them the military-style 2 week treatment like all successful countries or double vaccination records
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:58 AM   #9985
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,318 Times in 5,637 Posts
So the globe and mail is running a story right now regarding Theresa Tam saying “some restrictions could be lifted by summer if 75% of Canadians are vaccinated and 20% of those people have the second dose”

She then also says “you never know, you open up things and see what happens”

Oh, that’s the approach, that’s good to know. Not like there are dozens of countries well ahead of us that you could gather all the data you need to see what happens when restrictions are loosened..
Old 04-23-2021, 10:32 AM   #9986
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
All this pandemic has shown me is if the big earthquake ever hits BC then we're all fucked because the government won't know what the fuck to do.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2021, 10:36 AM   #9987

The pandemic turned out to be not nearly as bad as they had originally thought when it started and the govt. still dropped the ball.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:43 AM   #9988
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Fuck what the government will do in an earthquake, people here get into fights over free salt when it's snowing out and hoard necessities at the first glimmer of bad news. I'm not big on guns but the thought of an earthquake makes me want to get a few.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:03 AM   #9989

bUt We'Re NoT aN isLaNd

Vietnam: hold my beer
Old 04-23-2021, 11:42 AM   #9990
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Just got the notification I can book to get an AZ shot tomorrow. Problem is, I have 5 days of self-isolation to go after my daughter’s friend and classmate tested positive. Several of her other classmates have been tested and are all negative but we haven’t displayed any symptoms so haven’t bothered with a test, per instruction from 811.

Going to call the pharmacy tomorrow when they open and see what they have to say.. sure would suck to miss this opportunity and pick it up somewhere down the line.
No shot for me today. Re-registered and hope to get another chance when I’m able to roam free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:11 PM   #9991
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Fuck what the government will do in an earthquake, people here get into fights over free salt when it's snowing out and hoard necessities at the first glimmer of bad news. I'm not big on guns but the thought of an earthquake makes me want to get a few.
Pretty much.... I did just that.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:25 PM   #9992
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post

It's gonna be a very scary situation if and when the big one, a big earthquakes, hits BC.

What this pandemic, and natural disasters has reminded me is that when shit hits the fan, we see the best and worst of humanity. Most of the time, it's the worst behaviour. -not just focussing on our government.

Nurses, doctors, front line medical workers putting their lives at risk, working in hospitals where Covid patient cases are rising fast. Working to the point of mental and physical exhaustion.

People that paid their sacrifices day in and day out in their jobs as front line medical workers.

Then you have the motherfucking idiots like people throwing parties in their penthouse like Mo at Telus Gardens with no regard for people's safety or provincial health orders.

People beating up front line workers at supermarkets or yelling at these employees because they refuse to wear masks. People that keep saying "oh, my rights are violated" blah blah blah.

Blatant racism at the east Asian community in the Lower Mainland. I have seen racist graffiti that a racist fuck spray painted on the windows of the Chinese Cultural Centre.

A Lower Mainland resident who reported in the news recently that a Karen told her "You know this Covid is because of you...you need to go back to China"" simply because that person Gina Chong did not want to take a picture for that lady at a Port Moody Park. ""Sorry, we can't due to Covid".

https://www.tricitynews.com/amp/loca...m-park-3642249

Racist attacks on Chinese seniors like this assault that happened last year just three blocks from my house! I'm glad that the cops arrested the mother fucker. Assaulting a 92 year old Chinese man.

Wow, what a tough guy! Jamie Bezanson

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...tore-1.5659702

I do not have a lot of faith in humanity when it comes to how we treat each other in times of crisis. There are always gonna be some good people who take the time to care for others in times of crisis.

However, I think that evil and selfish behaviour of people would overcome the people's good side if BC experienced a big earthquake.

Heck, I can imagine people hauling big screen TVs and other electronics out of stores during looting when an earthquake hits BC.

The magnitude 6.9 earthquake that hit San Fran in 1989 lasted for 15 seconds. -still remember TV news footage of widespread looting and violence in San Francisco. People stealing stuff and looting stores. Crime sprees everywhere.

If an increase in violent crime and widespread looting can happen in San Francisco after an magnitude 6.9 earthquake, that can definitely happen in B.C.

That is how us humans operate.

Last edited by pastarocket; 04-23-2021 at 12:32 PM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2021, 12:56 PM   #9993

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...read-1.5999366

Quote:
The three regional zones are:

The Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley (Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health areas).
Vancouver Island (Island Health).
Northern and Interior regions (Northern health and Interior Health)

"If you really have to ask 'should I go out to Chilliwack' the answer is no you shouldn't if you live in Vancouver," he said. "If you live on the North Shore, that's your local area. Stay in that area."
someone should let Farnsworth know Chilliwack is part of the valley

it's like Henry saying outdoor gathering of 10 is allowed, but discouraged
Old 04-23-2021, 01:23 PM   #9994
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,182 Times in 478 Posts
FYI to people looking for AstraZeneca. Shoppers across Metrotown where the Best buy used to be is doing walk in's. No idea if all shopper's are doing it. So if you are in area and want the vaccine, go get it.
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2021, 01:23 PM   #9995
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
So BC announced "new" travelling restrictions?
But in typical Canada fashion, it was followed up with a string of exceptions.

DO NOT TRAVEL, we will catch you and punish you to the fullest extent of the law! ($575 slap on the wrist) ... BUT it's ok if:
Quote:
· Returning to your principal residence, moving or helping someone move
· Work, both paid and unpaid (volunteer)
· Commercial transportation of goods
· Getting health care or social services or helping someone get those services
· Court appearance, complying with a court order or parole check-in
· Exercising parental responsibilities
· Child care services
· Attending classes at a post-secondary institution or school
· Responding to a critical incident, like search and rescue operations
· Providing care to a person because of a psychological, behavioural or health condition, or a physical, cognitive or mental impairment
· Visiting a resident (as an essential visitor) at long-term care or assisted living facility
· Attending a funeral
· Travelling under a PHO variance. For example, BCHL
So basically you can never get caught unless you are a moron.
"Hi officer yes I plan to go play 18 rounds of golf in Mission with 4 of my friends then attend a yacht party at Horsehoe Bay this evening"
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:33 PM   #9996

I don’t plan on travelling outside of the health authority but I have a letter from work from both the provincial/federal levels “essential ” designation, I have my ID in my wallet, and tossed a branded shirt in my trunk, with those exceptions though that seems like overkill in avoiding a fine lol
Old 04-23-2021, 01:33 PM   #9997

realistically though, joe bringing his camper trailer to the sticks isn't much risk to the general public

another rule backed by a poor track record that won't even really get enforced
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2021, 01:37 PM   #9998
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,707 Times in 1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
FYI to people looking for AstraZeneca. Shoppers across Metrotown where the Best buy used to be is doing walk in's. No idea if all shopper's are doing it. So if you are in area and want the vaccine, go get it.
good looking out - somebody go get this!

still waiting for an email text or callback from about a dozen pharmacies in north van. starting to think there were never many doses here and that they are in hotter spots

edit: why tell us we're effectively out of AZ vaccines if you can still walk in and get it? fucking gov just continues to botch this

edit 2: just called every pharmacy in north van again, still no doses.

Last edited by The Producer; 04-23-2021 at 02:07 PM.
The Producer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:38 PM   #9999
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
Do the Duffey loop? Danger zone.
Beach party at English bay? As long as you live near there, whatever, VPD is busy.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2021, 01:38 PM   #10000
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
just do a full lockdown

advised by LTL carriers I cannot ship anything to Quebec for a week.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote