REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-22-2021, 12:40 PM   #9951
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,122 Times in 178 Posts
Interesting. I went on the gov't site on Monday and they had hundreds of openings starting next week in Coquitlam at the Poirier complex. Maybe you have to live in the area to get an appointment there?
Advertisement
immorality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:04 PM   #9952
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,707 Times in 1,051 Posts
i don't know how to imbed twitter

Quote:
BREAKING: CBC news has learned the federal government will ban passenger flights from India and Pakistan for 30 days starting tonight.
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2021, 01:10 PM   #9953
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,486 Times in 1,686 Posts
Yay! It's about time that Turd made a decision about a flight ban from India and Pakistan.
Old 04-22-2021, 01:20 PM   #9954
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,132 Times in 7,145 Posts
Yet someone’s still going to fly in from San Diego and go straight to Whistler.
“What time does the hill open?”
Nothing but a “look we are doing something” move
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:24 PM   #9955

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Yet someoneÂ’s still going to fly in from San Diego and go straight to Whistler.
“What time does the hill open?”
Nothing but a “look we are doing something” move

I disagree. We needed this flight ban for all direct flights from India and Pakistan fast.

Over 300 thousand daily Covid cases in India that is likely because of this double mutant variant B 1.617.

We already have a reported 39 cases, if not much more of this variant already in B.C.

If Turd just sat on his hands and waited for a "risk assessment" from infectious disease experts about this variant, things would be much worse.
Old 04-22-2021, 01:39 PM   #9956
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,132 Times in 7,145 Posts
I’m not arguing that it’s not going to make a difference. I’m saying it doesn’t address the root of the problem.
It’s amputating your finger when your whole hand is covered in flesh eating bacteria.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2021, 01:52 PM   #9957
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
^Its the Canadian way, wait till its too late to do something about it. And when we do respond, its a bandaid fix.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:58 PM   #9958

coronavirus discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
^Its the Canadian way, wait till its too late to do something about it. And when we do respond, its a bandaid fix.

Our Canadian government does not take quick and decisive action when it is about Covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2021, 02:05 PM   #9959
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
Doubt americans are still the problem

it’s not June 2020 anymore, many are doubly vaccinated and now more worried about visiting our dumpster fire
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:12 PM   #9960

Dr Bonnie's update:

1006 new cases
4 deaths
502 in hospital
160 in ICU
Old 04-22-2021, 02:20 PM   #9961
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,393 Times in 549 Posts
Get it back down in the hundreds? Can we do it? It seems so long ago already when we were in the 300s and 400s and crying.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:37 PM   #9962
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
The India cases started re-surging back in mid-March, and it was escalating quickly too. By late March / early April, the explosive phase of the exponential curve was already very obvious. And yet Trudeau is only choosing to ban flights from India (and Pakistan) today on the 22nd.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:46 PM   #9963
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Did other countries already banned flights from India and Pakistan long before the recent resurge?
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:58 PM   #9964
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
Did other countries already banned flights from India and Pakistan long before the recent resurge?
The UK, HK, NZ banned Indian flights dunno who else, HK banned em for ab a month now, and the UK/NZ about a week I believe

I think the ban on Pakistan is just to appease India, as Pakistan doesn't have an issue like India is facing, not only that we're only getting 1 flight a week from Pakistan, and the government isn't quoting any numbers for the amount of covid from Pakistan flights

Quote:
Health Minister Patty Hajdu says half of the people who are testing positive for COVID-19 after arriving in Canada on an airplane came from India, even though Indian flights accounted for only one-fifth of air traffic.

She says passengers coming from Pakistan are also testing positive at higher rates than average.

Alghabra says there are no flights coming in from Brazil at the moment but Canada won’t hesitate to ban further commercial flights if the data supports it.

At least 32 flights from Delhi and two from Pakistan have landed in Canada in the last two weeks carrying dozens of passengers who later tested positive for COVID-19.

Edit: the UK has also banned flights from Pakistan, Kenya, the Philippines, and Bangladesh due to growing covid cases

Last edited by StylinRed; 04-22-2021 at 03:04 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:58 PM   #9965

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
-pretty recent flight bans that New Zealand and Hong Kong imposed on India and Pakistan.

New Zealand: -from April 11th until April 28th

Hong Kong: starting April 20th.

UK: travellers from Indian and Pakistan flights are put on a "red list" as of 4am UK time, April 23rd, which means British or Irish passport holders, or people with UK residence rights, will be allowed in but must quarantine in a government-approved hotel for 10 days. If passengers don't have that status, they are banned from entering the UK.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:11 PM   #9966
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
Doubt americans are still the problem

it’s not June 2020 anymore, many are doubly vaccinated and now more worried about visiting our dumpster fire
Many in the US still refuse the vaccine.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-v...can-hesitancy/
Old 04-22-2021, 03:12 PM   #9967
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
my biggest problem right now - today, is that I'm eligible for an AZ vaccine and I can't find one now. today. not next week, or next month. not in surrey, or chilliwack either. Close to home (so that I don't have to non essential travel)

Why are we relying on (the good work) of volunteer twitter feeds to tell us who has stock right now? Every pharmacy should have been tied into a central system w every dose accounted for. I should be able to see that Pharmacy X has 400 doses, is full staffed and will run until they've expended the stock. So much talking, so little action as usual. 14 months burned - couldn't build a website?

absolutely maddening
B.C. out of AstraZeneca vaccines amid surge in demand at pharmacies

VANCOUVER -- Just days after expanding its pharmacy-based COVID-19 vaccination program to those ages 40 and older, B.C. is now functionally out of AstraZeneca vaccines, health officials said Thursday.

During their news conference on the province's response to the coronavirus pandemic, provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix were asked about growing wait-lists at pharmacies, particularly on Vancouver Island.

Henry said there had been "a lot of uptake" of the pharmacy-based program across the province.

"We have very little of it left in the province right now," Henry said.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:13 PM   #9968

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
The UK, HK, NZ banned Indian flights dunno who else, HK banned em for ab a month now, and the UK/NZ about a week I believe

I think the ban on Pakistan is just to appease India, as Pakistan doesn't have an issue like India is facing, not only that we're only getting 1 flight a week from Pakistan, and the government isn't quoting any numbers for the amount of covid from Pakistan flights

Edit: the UK has also banned flights from Pakistan, Kenya, the Philippines, and Bangladesh due to growing covid cases
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices...virus-pakistan

evel 4: Very High Level of COVID-19 in Pakistan
Key Information for Travelers to Pakistan

Travelers should avoid all travel to Pakistan.
Because of the current situation in Pakistan even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants and should avoid all travel to Pakistan.
If you must travel to Pakistan, get fully vaccinated before travel. All travelers should wear a mask, stay 6 feet from others, avoid crowds, and wash their hands.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:40 PM   #9969
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,707 Times in 1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
B.C. out of AstraZeneca vaccines amid surge in demand at pharmacies

VANCOUVER -- Just days after expanding its pharmacy-based COVID-19 vaccination program to those ages 40 and older, B.C. is now functionally out of AstraZeneca vaccines, health officials said Thursday.

During their news conference on the province's response to the coronavirus pandemic, provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix were asked about growing wait-lists at pharmacies, particularly on Vancouver Island.

Henry said there had been "a lot of uptake" of the pharmacy-based program across the province.

"We have very little of it left in the province right now," Henry said.

a vaccine for my wife and I would not only take us off the board, but would basically guarantee that my public facing business can never be the source of spread.

guess I'll wait for more shitty boomers to take their sweet time to make their appointments.

there shouldn't be a single open slot in the cohort calendar. if there is, drop the eligibility years faster. clearly the uptake on the AZ shows that younger people are ready to go now. How about work upwards from 30 for the next month? anybody over 55 has had ample time to get vaccinated.
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2021, 03:41 PM   #9970

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Can they just bounce through the US or another country on some loophole or does the flight ban actually achieve something?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2021, 04:25 PM   #9971
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,339 Times in 969 Posts
^ exactly.. that's why i freaking hate how we do things

you can't ban SHIT.

Fine. ban india .. they drive to neighbouring countries via land and then just fly from China. Fly from other countries.

Unless there is a centralized system which you are clear from last 14 days from india or wherever... it ain't going to make a diff.

I was told AZ is lacking cause people in India is going to keep it for their own use.
#rumors?
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2021, 04:31 PM   #9972
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Pretty soon it's going to be hard to go to any country from India, so hopping around isn't exactly viable

Anyway what they really need to do is set up compulsory quarantine for all incoming travelers, like I posted a few pages back. Maybe even block anyone without a Canadian passport. Are these things even being discussed to anyone's knowledge?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:37 PM   #9973
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,372 Times in 1,225 Posts
Jesus christ you can't make anyone happy here on this thread. You don't ban flights and people flip out. You ban flights and people still flip out.

If you fly to a Canada via a third country from India you have to get a 2nd PCR test before you're allowed to fly out from there. Places like Europe and China - you know places that are super strict actually have flights to/from India (if they don't ban them already) will make it exceedingly difficult for people to get to Canada.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2021, 04:37 PM   #9974
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,393 Times in 549 Posts
Do we not still have a entry ban to foreigners? I don't recall them announcing opening the borders to anyone but Canadian passport holders and PR?
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:45 PM   #9975
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,383 Times in 5,083 Posts
The only thing they really need to enforce is, as someone else already mentioned, a militarized approach to quarantine after landing.

Banning flights is lip service, they'll just fly into somewhere else first, stay a day and then grab another one to Canada if they're motivated at all.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote