REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-27-2021, 07:06 PM   #10101
My homepage has been set to RS

Quebec women 54 years old dies from blood clots developed after taking Astra Zeneca.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7812813/q...april-27-2021/

Quote:
Quebec has announced its first death linked to a blood clot after a woman in her 50s received Oxford-AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine.
Advertisement
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:09 PM   #10102
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
I’ve decided to do a complete 180° and change my view. I’ve been a frontline worker this entire time and I’m fucking sick of it. Stick anything in my arm and let’s get this over with.

Sooo many of the stay at home 40y/o’s I know are refusing to get the AZ. I can’t help but take it personal as someone who has been seeing 6k people a day 5x a week and don’t have the luxury to stay at home.

Fuck you. Take the risk and do your fucking part
Old 04-27-2021, 07:15 PM   #10103
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
People gonna wait and get AZ anyways lol

Once wife and I get that first shot this isolation going out the window. My parents are vaccinated, most of my friends (ironically who are “less essential” than I) are vaccinated

Not gonna give af anymore frankly. Obviously going to still follow guidelines with strangers snd that jazz but I’m gonna be givin er.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:21 PM   #10104

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
I agree. My son was born last may. Almost all my family and most my friends haven’t even seen him. His 1st birthday is this Saturday, and guess what, SAME SHIT. He’s going to be the only child I have and no one even got a chance to see him as a baby. Fucked up.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:22 PM   #10105
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I’ve decided to do a complete 180° and change my view. I’ve been a frontline worker this entire time and I’m fucking sick of it. Stick anything in my arm and let’s get this over with.

Sooo many of the stay at home 40y/o’s I know are refusing to get the AZ. I can’t help but take it personal as someone who has been seeing 6k people a day 5x a week and don’t have the luxury to stay at home.

Welcome to my rage garage. Take a seat and I’ll pour you a fuckin beer.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2021, 07:48 PM   #10106

Quote:

Why do you take it personally if they are truly stay at home 40 yr olds? If they are abiding by restrictions/social distancing they realistically face extremely minimal risk of contracting the virus and are not the problem.

It's people who are eligible for AZ but don't abide by restrictions you should be angry at.

Personally, regarding AZ - I don't blame anyone for waiting until a Pfizer/Moderna shot. There are countries like Denmark and Australia who have halted AZ shots altogether for a reason. My dad's taken it since he still works but since my mom is a stay at home mother who doesn't leave the house she's hesitant. For myself, I'm young and I WFH - I abide by all restrictions and I don't live with them. When the time comes I'll probably go with whatever shot's available but I don't blame anyone for preferring Pfizer/Modern.

Yes, I know people are quick to point out that birth control have higher chances of blood clots but these people fail to mention AZ is linked to a much more lethal form of blood clots (they develop in the brain).

Last edited by iwantaskyline; 04-27-2021 at 07:53 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2021, 07:52 PM   #10107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
People gonna wait and get AZ anyways lol

Once wife and I get that first shot this isolation going out the window. My parents are vaccinated, most of my friends (ironically who are “less essential” than I) are vaccinated

Not gonna give af anymore frankly. Obviously going to still follow guidelines with strangers snd that jazz but I’m gonna be givin er.
I think some people are waiting to see how the supply of Pfizer/Moderna is going to change in the next two months since America's supplies are going to be available.

Let's be real here - if Canada's covid numbers were similar to Australia they would have halted AZ shots a long time ago.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:13 PM   #10108

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Yes, I know people are quick to point out that birth control have higher chances of blood clots but these people fail to mention AZ is linked to a much more lethal form of blood clots (they develop in the brain).
1 death/200k from the pill
3 deaths/200k from the patch
25 deaths/200k related directly to pregnancy
Astra Zeneca vaccine deaths
32 deaths/8million
.8 deaths/200k

So no ones really failing to mention anything.

To note on your earlier point though, I don't think anyone, 320icar or me is directing the issue with people like you who are literally isolating. The issue we have is the people we see, and interact with on a daily basis in our jobs spouting shit about how they won't get the shot when we clearly see their behaviour right in front of us.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2021, 08:20 PM   #10109

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
1 death/200k from the pill
3 deaths/200k from the patch
25 deaths/200k related directly to pregnancy
Astra Zeneca vaccine deaths
32 deaths/8million
.8 deaths/200k

So no ones really failing to mention anything.

To note on your earlier point though, I don't think anyone, 320icar or me is directing the issue with people like you who are literally isolating. The issue we have is the people we see, and interact with on a daily basis in our jobs spouting shit about how they won't get the shot when we clearly see their behaviour right in front of us.
Well, he wrote "Sooo many of the stay at home 40y/o’s I know are refusing to get the AZ" so I was mostly replying under that context.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2021, 08:29 PM   #10110
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,054 Posts
https://www.nsnews.com/local-news/su...stated-3670229

i went to highschool with this guy (just, 5 years older than me)

if you're eligible, go get a shot. this could be any one of us. it's not some random 4 in a million statistic - it's a guy who grew up down the street from me. he literally missed the option to be vaccinated by 2-3? weeks. he might still be alive

if you end up in a hospital (or worse) a month from now, you'll sure wish that you hadn't waited for the "better vaccine" because of some stuff you read on the internet

this isn't an attack - i just think for some people, even after a year of this, it just isn't real enough.
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2021, 08:39 PM   #10111

So many =/= all, and to be quite honest, I'm seeing lots of people I know that "stay home" for work, posting stories or photos at restaurants, or doing whatever with people they don't live with. To be honest, I get it, and I don't really give a fuck about that as long as you aren't being an idiot, but once you do those things, then literally get handed a key to walk through the door that ends this, and say, nah I want a better key, that's a genuine slap in the face to everyone around you thats waiting.
There is a clear and present danger with Covid and people are using a "what if I get hit by lightning" argument to drag it out.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2021, 08:46 PM   #10112
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
I don't think anyone would argue that Pfizer/Moderna aren't superior to AZ. The risks associated with AZ are unquestionably higher, given what we know. If given an immediate choice, I think everyone would take Pfizer or Moderna.

However, Moderna continues to have supply chain issues, so there's definitely no guarantee that younger people will have access to it for many months. I'm betting that it will be J&J that most younger people will be getting, which has an efficacy rate on par with AZ. The risk of getting a variant of COVID is pretty high right now, particularly in Fraser Health, unless you don't go out at all.

We have kids in the school system and the Tri-Cities is a hot spot with exposure notices pretty much on the daily, so that's how I rationalized the decision to take AZ. My parents have been vaxxed, so have my in-laws. We wish to actually spend time with them this summer, rather than to rely on a government vaccine schedule which is highly likely to be delayed given supply chain issues, so that was another motivating factor for us.

Last edited by Tapioca; 04-27-2021 at 08:51 PM.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2021, 09:21 PM   #10113
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:33 PM   #10114
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Take it easy and don't let it get to you.

The way I look at it is, some people may choose to refuse to get the AZ vaccine for whatever reason. But you know what? Even though they are not getting that AZ vaccine, those very same AZ vaccines aren't just sitting idle at the vaccination centers or pharmacies. There are still huge line ups of people waiting up to 4 - 5 hours to get themselves vaccinated. In that sense, we are still getting people vaccinated as quickly as the system allows. There is no wastage. It's just different people getting protected first, at least at this point. And given the vaccine supplies, it is probably going to stay that way for at least another 2 months with people getting their 1st dose. And then if we've exhausted everyone who is willing to get their first AZ vaccine, we can start processing people for their 2nd jabs.

So to me, as long as we are still vaccinating people as quickly as we can, nothing is being wasted, the vaccines are protecting more and more people, and I'm happy to see that.

Quote:

Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2021, 09:44 PM   #10115
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Why do you take it personally if they are truly stay at home 40 yr olds? If they are abiding by restrictions/social distancing they realistically face extremely minimal risk of contracting the virus and are not the problem.

It's people who are eligible for AZ but don't abide by restrictions you should be angry at.
I think its the situation as a whole. Hospitals are severely short staffed. Doctors, Nurses, clerks, ect. are overworked and burnt out to the point where they are leaving the covid wards for other departments in the hospitals which makes even more hectic for the remaining workers. All because people cant even follow simple guidelines. And the government cant do their jobs properly and in the end it all falls on the shoulders of the people that work in the hospitals. They get the shit end of the stick any way you slice it and now people are avoiding certain vaccines all together is just the cherry on top of the cake for them.

I told my wife "what would happen if you guys just decided to strike, you guys said fuck it, if people dont wanna take the necessary steps to save their own lives, why should you care about theirs." She obviously didnt say anything cause shes too nice. But if it was me i would of fucked off a long time ago. Obviously they wouldnt do that cause they arent dickheads like me but when is enough enough?

Anyways i got the AZ vaccine today at Coquitlam Porier Center. Waited almost 4 hours for it. Feels like my tiny wife punched me in the shoulder as hard as she could.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 06:32 AM   #10116
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Take it easy and don't let it get to you.

The way I look at it is, some people may choose to refuse to get the AZ vaccine for whatever reason. But you know what? Even though they are not getting that AZ vaccine, those very same AZ vaccines aren't just sitting idle at the vaccination centers or pharmacies. There are still huge line ups of people waiting up to 4 - 5 hours to get themselves vaccinated. In that sense, we are still getting people vaccinated as quickly as the system allows. There is no wastage. It's just different people getting protected first, at least at this point. And given the vaccine supplies, it is probably going to stay that way for at least another 2 months with people getting their 1st dose. And then if we've exhausted everyone who is willing to get their first AZ vaccine, we can start processing people for their 2nd jabs.

So to me, as long as we are still vaccinating people as quickly as we can, nothing is being wasted, the vaccines are protecting more and more people, and I'm happy to see that.
This ... calm rational logic. You cannot vaccinate faster than the supply - doesn't matter ... Covidiots or good abiding citizens. Vaccines are ending up in arms. And anecdotes even here are people waiting 4 hrs plus in line for it and pharmacies running out. Only real solution is, if Canada had more vaccine supply, is to open 24/7.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 07:38 AM   #10117
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
I think its the situation as a whole. Hospitals are severely short staffed. Doctors, Nurses, clerks, ect. are overworked and burnt out to the point where they are leaving the covid wards for other departments in the hospitals which makes even more hectic for the remaining workers. All because people cant even follow simple guidelines. And the government cant do their jobs properly and in the end it all falls on the shoulders of the people that work in the hospitals. They get the shit end of the stick any way you slice it and now people are avoiding certain vaccines all together is just the cherry on top of the cake for them.

I told my wife "what would happen if you guys just decided to strike, you guys said fuck it, if people dont wanna take the necessary steps to save their own lives, why should you care about theirs." She obviously didnt say anything cause shes too nice. But if it was me i would of fucked off a long time ago. Obviously they wouldnt do that cause they arent dickheads like me but when is enough enough?

Anyways i got the AZ vaccine today at Coquitlam Porier Center. Waited almost 4 hours for it. Feels like my tiny wife punched me in the shoulder as hard as she could.
Not trying to sound crass but a good chunk of hospital admissions are probably due to people not taking care of their own health and as a result others having to care for them.

It’s one thing in a place like India etc. Where id completely understand walking out and never coming back. However here, in the western world in a relatively comfortable part of it, it’s a bit much to think nurses would take that stance. Don’t they have their own kind of code of conduct or decree when you become a nurse that helping others is your main priority above all else or somthing?

It’s obviously very hard for them, but it’s their job. As are many other essential people. If anything this pandemic has shown that nurses and doctors are worth their weight in gold and deserve anything coming to them in terms of pay raises etc
Old 04-28-2021, 07:43 AM   #10118

They have a finite amount of resources. Yes they sign up to help people.
They don’t sign up for a medical system that involves working 70hr weeks, being short staffed, and short on beds.
They don’t sign up for a system that’s strained to the point of postponing people’s cancer treatments, or dealing with dying people not being able to see their loved ones one last time.
Things aren’t normal for them right now, and it’s never been like this, even though obviously Canada hasn’t seen near what some places in the world have.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 08:38 AM   #10119
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Phizer drop in today at the same place in Coquitlam they did the AZ drop in yesterday. 200 in line, they said they're taking the first 500.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 08:51 AM   #10120
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

i got AZ at the coquitlam drop in yesterday

feel perfectly fine. MAAYBE a little more yawns today and MAYBE SLIGHTLY foggy vision but otherwise perfectly fine.

those were MAJOR maybe's.
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:25 AM   #10121

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Ok I'm still totally confused here.

Can 30+ now get the vaccine? How can I do so without waiting in a lineup for hours? I thought we could schedule our vaccination?
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:28 AM   #10122
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
30+ can get in line.

If you don’t want to, register on the govt site and you’ll just wait until your age bracket starts to get scheduled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 10:30 AM   #10123
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...-in-canada-to/

Spoiler!

no wonder ontario has crazy high numbers, household is positive, keeps going to work. Daughter can't breath, won't take her to the hospital.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:32 AM   #10124

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:

Can 30+ now get the vaccine? How can I do so without waiting in a lineup for hours? I thought we could schedule our vaccination?
If you registered you can just wait until they contact you which might take awhile but you can schedule what day and time to show up to avoid lineups. If you want a shot right now you'll be waiting in lines unless you luck out.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 10:47 AM   #10125

Thanked 7,187 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
30+ can get in line.

If you don’t want to, register on the govt site and you’ll just wait until your age bracket starts to get scheduled.
Is the ability to line up for the vaccine if you're 30+ just for hotspot areas or across all of BC?

This is fucking ridiculous I have to be asking these questions in a car forum and not reading an official resource from our health authority.

Edit: I did just go to BC's COVID authority page to check that it wasn't me who was wrong, it's still showing 40+ to line up to get the AZ vaccine, and was last updated April 23rd
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback

Last edited by sonick; 04-28-2021 at 10:55 AM.
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote