REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-14-2021, 02:04 PM   #11526
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I'm on day 8 of my second dose and everything is peachy. My shit is solid, abs are popping, pretty sure my dick got bigger and now that I don't have to wear a mask women are clearly picking up on the Pfizer pheromone I'm putting out.

And then I realized I'm married and none of it really matters.
Advertisement
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-14-2021, 02:43 PM   #11527

Thanked 4,557 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
I'm about 5 days out from my 2nd Pfizer. Had fatigue almost immediately and it lasted maybe 2.5 days. Sore arm lasted 4 days. Today I have diarrhea for some reason...may be unrelated but about a week after my 1st shot I also had diarrhea. So I'm thinking it may be related.

Anyone else get diarrhea?

Diarrhea!
Same boat as you, I had 5 days of really bad diarrhea after my first Pfizer shot, hence I'm waiting until after summer for my 2nd.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 02:44 PM   #11528

Thanked 4,557 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Nah not your everyday run of the mill morning wake up loose shits. The kind where you eat a piece of toast and you're running to the bathroom within 1/2 hour trying not to shit your pants.
EXACT same issue. Every time I'd eat, within 30 minutes it was liquid shit time. Lasted from Wednesday - Sunday (shot occurred on the Monday that week).
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2021, 02:54 PM   #11529
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,374 Times in 1,227 Posts
I took some Pepto just now, hopefully that helps. Last time it took 3-4 days of staying near a toilet after a meal before it resolved itself.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 05:42 PM   #11530
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Been a little over 24 hours now since I got my second dose of Pfizer and I have no symptoms yet except a slight sore arm. Hopefully it stays that way.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:13 PM   #11531
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Got my 2nd Moderna yesterday morning. Sore arm to start and then by early afternoon my lowerback was in pain. Now I did wake up in the morning with a minor sore lower back as I slept on my back the night before but after the shot the pain went up like 3 times. By the evening my legs were starting to feel sore and overall just tired.

Today mostly just super tired the whole day, I completely passed out the entire afternoon and woke up at like 6pm. Feel much better now, good enough that I'll hit the gym tonight.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2021, 10:45 AM   #11532
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
fatigue, chills, slight fever, feels like someone stepping on my head and chest... all of that hit me within about 6 hours after my 2nd Pfizer dose. If this is what's needed so I can see a buddy in Cali and get on a plane again in 28 years, so be it.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 04:20 PM   #11533

A couple guys at my work both got Covid a few weeks ago. Both were very "Covid is bullshit" kind of guys and it hit both of them hard as fuck. I was talking to the guy who just came back and he was telling me how it was nothing like he's ever had before and it's definitely not bullshit to him anymore. When I asked if he gonna actually go and get vaccinated now he said "well I've already gotten over it so there's no point".

The other guy at least had the sense to get his first vaccine before he got Covid, mostly because his family guilted him into it. Hes a big fat guy (were talking like 350-400lbs depending on the last time he took a shit) and basically a functioning alcoholic. I'm pretty convinced if he didn't have his first shot he'd be dead by now. Hes still off work and last I heard from people he hasn't drank in 2 weeks and lost like 40lbs with no timetable on when he'll be well enough to come back to work.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2021, 05:00 PM   #11534
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,182 Times in 478 Posts
Is the first guy aware that reinfection is possible? Also that getting a vaccine now means his immune response will be even better than people who only have the vaccine to protect them?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 05:02 PM   #11535
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
so what i'm hearing is that this could be a potential weight loss craze

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2021, 05:17 PM   #11536

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
Is the first guy aware that reinfection is possible? Also that getting a vaccine now means his immune response will be even better than people who only have the vaccine to protect them?
I told him the variants can still be trouble for him and he kind of just did the old "ahh we'll see I don't know what I'm gonna do yet". Hes more concerned about not being able to travel so that might be what gets him to do it.
Old 07-15-2021, 05:21 PM   #11537
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Today is day 14 since my second dose of Pfizer...I’m fully vaxxed and can drop the mask!
Old 07-15-2021, 06:10 PM   #11538
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I got my second Pfizer shot this morning. My shoulder is sore and I THINK my heart is beating a little harder than usual... not faster, but bigger thumps... Or it can all be in my head...

I feel like I don't normally feel my heart beating if I touch my chest. I joke to myself that I'm dead because I normally can't feel my heart beat. But now I can, and it is fairly noticeable.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 07-15-2021, 06:22 PM   #11539
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,393 Times in 549 Posts
Non vaccine related.
So one great upside of having masks on everywhere has been that you could bump into someone you know, or think you recognize but go on to completely ignore them because you've got a mask on and can feign that you didn't recognize them. Others are also wayy less likely to call you out because its they can't be 100% sure its you. Love it.

Had my first encounter today where I went tried to go along my merry way after recognizing a human coming the other way, and shit I realized I didn't have my mask on anymore and neither did they and we were no longer protected by that 1% of doubt anymore. Had to say hi and do the whole song and dance. Anyone else been enjoying the anonymity the past year or so?
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2021, 06:32 PM   #11540
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Got jabbed this morning. The needle itself was more painless than the first jab for some reason. Felt nothing at all. Maybe the skill of the nurse?

Few hours later, arm sore.
First jab my only symptom was a headache about 24 hours later.

Everyone warning me that the healthier, younger people get hit harder by the 2nd shot.
I guess I shouldn't have to worry too much then, all those years of poutines are finally being put to good use!
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:16 PM   #11541
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Breaking news from Turd:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/07...vaccinated-pm/

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the federal government is aiming to allow fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents into Canada by mid-August.

Trudeau also says he told the premiers by phone that if the current vaccination rate remains on its current trajectory, fully vaccinated travellers from around the world could be arriving by early September.

The Prime Minister’s Office broke the news in a readout from today’s COVID-19 call with the premiers and Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dominic LeBlanc.

“The prime minister noted that, if our current positive path of vaccination rate and public health conditions continue, Canada would be in a position to welcome fully vaccinated travellers from all countries by early September,” it reads.

“He noted the ongoing discussions with the United States on reopening plans, and indicated that we could expect to start allowing fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents into Canada as of mid-August for non-essential travel.”

I think this decision is partly political. The timing of re-opening the border is factoring into Turd's decision to call on a federal election sometime this year.

Your thoughts on this decision?
Old 07-15-2021, 07:29 PM   #11542
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
Got my 2nd jab at VCC (the school) this afternoon. They seemed to have both Pfizer and Moderna because people were directed to specific lines. I had Pfizer as my first shot, and my line was empty. The other line had 2 or 3 people waiting in line, so I figure they must be the Moderna line.

Couldn't feel the needle at all during the jab. Something started to feel off about an hour later, and that uneasy feeling is still there now. A really bad headache developed about 2 hours after the jab, and I know my head is still not in the right place right now, and it feels difficult to think, but at least the pain has become a lot more bearable now.

For my first shot, I was feeling really, really tired for 36 - 48 hours -- I was still really tired before going to bed that time, and I woke up feeling back to normal again, so I don't really know how long the tiredness last. But with this 2nd shot so far, my energy level feels totally normal.

Hopefully none of this will get worse, and the headache will go away when I wake up tomorrow.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:35 PM   #11543
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Took me about 36 hours from my dose to feel tip top. Honestly feel better than I have in a while today cause I slept like a rock. I doubled up the peloton rides even.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:43 PM   #11544
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Breaking news from Turd:

Your thoughts on this decision?
I'd say the decision is both political and based on common sense, although again, it is a major reversal from his own recent stance. I vividly remember listening to him on the radio (maybe yesterday?) saying that Canada is going to make that decision on our own time and on our own terms -- or something to those effects, and we (Canada) will approach this decision slowly and based on science blah blah blah.

Our current vaccination rates seem to be just shy of 70% for 1st dose, and under 44% fully vaccinated. The risks for allowing fully vaccinated US citizens and PR to come should be reasonably low, assuming that people are not falsifying their vaccination documents. In particular, shouldn't affect BC or Ontario's COVID situation too much since the vaccination numbers for both provinces are very solid. But for the rest of Canada, I am not so sure how good an idea this is. It seems a bit early for places outside of BC / ON where the vaccination rates are lower.

Internationally, I am far less convinced that we should open up by Sept as suggested by Trudeau. I'd at least have more faith in the US and in Americans in not falsifying their vaccination records. But with countries beyond the US, there are a LOT of bad apples out there that I wouldn't trust.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 08:25 PM   #11545
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
^ I'm the opposite, I wouldn't trust the US at all when it comes to fake documents. People were getting fake test results ages ago and there's usually no consistency between states so there's likely a ton of different versions of documents to familiarize with. Whereas I'd expect the EU to be more standardized and harder to fake. That's assuming they'd even be confirming anything and not just doing this honour system bullshit again.

I got my second shot Monday, aside from a bit of fatigue that afternoon and a sore arm that night I haven't felt a thing. My arm was sore for longer after the first one.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2021, 08:30 PM   #11546
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post
Non vaccine related.
So one great upside of having masks on everywhere has been that you could bump into someone you know, or think you recognize but go on to completely ignore them because you've got a mask on and can feign that you didn't recognize them. Others are also wayy less likely to call you out because its they can't be 100% sure its you. Love it.

Had my first encounter today where I went tried to go along my merry way after recognizing a human coming the other way, and shit I realized I didn't have my mask on anymore and neither did they and we were no longer protected by that 1% of doubt anymore. Had to say hi and do the whole song and dance. Anyone else been enjoying the anonymity the past year or so?
Another great upside with mask is going to public washroom. Someome is taking a dump and you can't smell their shit.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 08:10 AM   #11547
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
^ I'm the opposite, I wouldn't trust the US at all when it comes to fake documents. People were getting fake test results ages ago and there's usually no consistency between states so there's likely a ton of different versions of documents to familiarize with. Whereas I'd expect the EU to be more standardized and harder to fake. That's assuming they'd even be confirming anything and not just doing this honour system bullshit again.

I got my second shot Monday, aside from a bit of fatigue that afternoon and a sore arm that night I haven't felt a thing. My arm was sore for longer after the first one.
Doesn't the entire US have one card format issued by the CDC? Canada and it's clusterfuck system has each province issue their own card, even some individual health authorities issue their own here. WTF?

This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2021, 01:34 PM   #11548
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Quote:
Doesn't the entire US have one card format issued by the CDC? Canada and it's clusterfuck system has each province issue their own card, even some individual health authorities issue their own here. WTF?
If they do that's awesome. I was just assuming based on past experiences with how the US is really just 50 small countries in a trench coat pretending to be one country.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2021, 02:38 PM   #11549
linguistic ninja

Yeah it's weird the states are unified in somet hings that Canada isn't: Medicare, Securities Regulators, drinking age. And they are separate in other things we're united in, such as criminal law. But in our Constitution Health Care is the Provinces' responsibility so we have shit like Justin Trudeau telling the provinces to "figure it out" when asked about vaccine passports. uhh yeah ok thanks Mr. Prime Minister.

Old 07-16-2021, 02:42 PM   #11550
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Parliamentary system..............

As a side note, our new Governor General is a First Nations woman. Imagine that, an indigenous person is now the Queen's representative.

https://theconversation.com/canadas-...ion-yet-164229
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote