REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-22-2021, 03:18 PM   #13826
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,982 Times in 1,896 Posts
^ or I might have been infected by the time I'm due for my booster. In that case, why would I take #3?
Advertisement
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 03:18 PM   #13827
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
This is another case where % are misleading...I'm making these numbers up to prove a point.

If Omicron is 80% milder in terms of hospitalizations, that means if 10 people out of 100 infections of delta were hospitalized, that would mean 2 people out of 100 infections of omicron are hospitalized.

But Omicron is far more contagious, so while we only had 100 infections of delta, now we have 1000 infections of omicron, and 20 people in hospital.

So yes, Omicron is 80% milder, which looks dandy, but then hospitalizations are up by 100%.

I get that MSM is twisting figures to make things seem scary, but to take the same figures and try to downplay it as nothing is equally as ignorant.

FWIW, we've cancelled all our Christmas plans with family because most of us have young kids and we're just not comfortable. We'll exchange gifts at the door now. It sucks, but it is what it is.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2021, 03:23 PM   #13828

Booster is not the answer to omicron ... BC cannot get 3rd shot out fast enough. ON is making a valiant effort.

BC's answer to omicron is reduce contact, slow down the rate of infection, flatten the curve, help out the healthcare by preventing too many hospitalizations. You're likely not going to escape it. You will be the rare exception if you come through this wave without being infected. That's what Dr. Henry alluded to or hinted at.
Old 12-22-2021, 03:26 PM   #13829

1,474 +'ves today. Another daily record.

Out of the latest cases, nearly half of are within the Vancouver Coastal Health region with 711 infection. So it's here in Metro, not only in the Fraser Health (as with Delta) ... Fraser Valley hillbilly country.
Old 12-22-2021, 03:30 PM   #13830
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ It's not a tough man argument that I may pass on the 3rd.
If you could get it tomorrow, would you pass it up?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 03:37 PM   #13831

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If you could get it tomorrow, would you pass it up?
It is kind of moot cuz I'm not due till Jan at the earliest. If it was a real choice that you gave me, think I would wait. Let the elderly go first. I'm not trying to be 'tough' ... I'm now resorting to, 'if you're going to catch it, when would be the best time'?
Old 12-22-2021, 03:47 PM   #13832
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Say no to the booster baby!

While Bonnie and Adrien were on TV arguing about booster timing and how the Abbott tests don’t have “home use” on the label, omicron sweeps BC and provides the all elusive herd immunity we were all promised
Old 12-22-2021, 03:50 PM   #13833
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
i've used the abbott at home, the nurses on video call are stricter than ubc and work licensing exam to ensure no cheating lol
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 03:52 PM   #13834
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,375 Times in 1,228 Posts
Jesus christ, getting the booster doesn't mean you'll avoid getting Omicron. It just primes your body so that it can fight it off when you eventually do get Omicron. It's not a crutch for your immune system, it's literally making it lift bro. Why wouldn't you want that?

Can you imagine this kind of thinking with travel vaccinations? "I really want to get Typhoid and it's pretty inevitable that I will if I visit 3rd world countries" so whyTF wouldn't you want the tools to fight it off as soon as you get it?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2021, 03:54 PM   #13835
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,707 Times in 1,051 Posts
just got boosted - nice and efficient. i was 15 mins early and they took me right away. pretty quiet at the provincial site in north van(my previous shots were at the pharmacy) - obviously no walk ins though.

was offered either mrna choice. my guy was a family doctor in north van actually - doing a stint at the site. his opinion was that moderna could in theory be slightly more effective at this moment, so i took his advice. didn't really matter to me.
The Producer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 03:54 PM   #13836

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i've used the abbott at home, the nurses on video call are stricter than ubc and work licensing exam to ensure no cheating lol
Is that the take home PCR or whatever? The one you can purchase for re-entry abroad?

I think the one they were tripping about is just that strip one where you mix the swap in fluid and drain it on the strip? Maybe it’s the same one though.
Old 12-22-2021, 04:52 PM   #13837
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,559 Times in 1,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
At least they didn’t fuck over restaurants

Thinking more and more I’m gonna have to buck up and buy a peloton or build a gym in spare bedroom. After Fortius closed I’ve walked into 2 gyms and they were completely fucking wack compared to what I would find ideal lol.. have barely done much more than walking and ring fit in a long time
Fortius isn't closed. It's a rec centre now, but they still have all the same equipment as previously.

Worth checking out.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2021, 04:54 PM   #13838

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Fortius isn't closed. It's a rec centre now, but they still have all the same equipment as previously.

Worth checking out.
Whaaa…fuck knew I should have popped in there. Thanks
Old 12-22-2021, 04:58 PM   #13839

Drop ins are only $5 too.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2021, 05:06 PM   #13840
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
With my completely uninformed opinion, I gotta say, this kinda feels like the beginning of the end of Covid (hopefully)

Want short term pain for long term gain? Let society live life and get infected.
With you on that part. With each successive wave we get closer and closer to the end.

Seems like the majority are reporting cold/flu like symptoms, which likely means that as soon as people feel better in a couple of days they’ll be right back out again, positive test or not. Could lead to a much faster spread because people rarely stayed home due to cold/flu like symptoms prior to covid.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 05:09 PM   #13841

I doubt I'll get the booster shot (unless it's imposed on us as the last two)

Honestly, I'd much rather see doses distributed on a more worldwide basis, as opposed to us receiving third and fourth doses here. The variants do not appear to be emerging in the 1st world (if we believe what they're saying), it would make more sense for us to forgo further doses at this current time and start supplying other countries that actually need it.

It's a damn shame we're going down like this, these restrictions just give further ammo to the antivax crowd, and legitimately so.

You couldn't visit gyms without being vaccinated in the first place, so public officials are essentially saying being double vaccinated still elicits the same restrictions as if you were not vaccinated at all. You can already see people using that as credence to support their views on the vaccine, and the idea of a malevolent government.

For those of us who were onboard for the vaccines and for the initial restrictions back in 2020 -- it is becoming more and more difficult to defend our stance.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2021, 05:34 PM   #13842
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Is that the take home PCR or whatever? The one you can purchase for re-entry abroad?

I think the one they were tripping about is just that strip one where you mix the swap in fluid and drain it on the strip? Maybe it’s the same one though.
before boarding US flight
yes same thing
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 06:05 PM   #13843
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
For people talking about skipping vaccination, the government should be buying your dose whether you use it or not, so you're not taking from anyone else if you take your dose, nor are you giving it to anyone else if you don't.

If you can get it, get it. Selfishly, you'll make your own case of covid better if you get it. Unselfishly, you'll help slow the wave as much as possible.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2021, 06:34 PM   #13844
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
That's a definitively incorrect statement.
There is endless information from everywhere from media, to patients in the healthcare system, to people that work in hospitals, even that have posted about their increases in OT in this very thread. Just because you don't like the info available due to it conflicting with what you've already decided the truth is doesn't mean it isn't real.
Had dinner with a few nurses from Abbotsford Hospital 2 nights ago - place is a ghost town. Know a few from Squamish, nothing. But...MSM is your Bible. Yes, you are the guy that hates non vaxxed, because you were told a pharma jab along with another - but wait, there's more - a booster! is the solution. Lol.

Just today, FDA approved a pill from Pfizer, who, ironically decided to start 'testing' a combination of ivermectin, zinc, and vitamin D - like many other countries have been using for months to the tune of $4 per packet....but our cost is $50 USD each. Colour me shocked and your BS can walk.

You can blame yourselves for letting this government lie to all of us and then your sheeple along to accept that it is okay to hate. All of the 'conspiracy theories' of vaccine mandates, then vaccine passports, then perpetual lockdowns, and then rapid inflation have all come true. Their slogan - "we don't have a Covid pandemic, we have an invalid PCR test pandemic" But you hate someone else for letting that happen. lol

Forgot - the world-wide class action lawsuits against the PCR tests to feed your fear, along with the Noble Prize winner for the creator of these tests saying they cannot be used in the manner they are, is soon to be ousted by the FDA, Guess the Omicron fear can't give you your hate, damnit - just facts. https://nypost.com/2021/12/21/biden-...id-treatments/

Last edited by Zedbra; 12-22-2021 at 06:40 PM.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-22-2021, 06:38 PM   #13845
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2021, 07:21 PM   #13846
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
I love how we’ve done almost 5m tests (1 per capita) and yet I bet the vast majority of us have never been tested. I wonder how many people out there have tallied 20, 30 or more tests.

I have a friend who works with dumb sluts. They small workplace of like 10? Has probably had 20 cases. Which has made my friend (who hasn’t had covid yet) get tested every single time. Waste of government money
Old 12-22-2021, 07:24 PM   #13847
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Had dinner with a few nurses from Abbotsford Hospital 2 nights ago - place is a ghost town. Know a few from Squamish, nothing. But...MSM is your Bible. Yes, you are the guy that hates non vaxxed, because you were told a pharma jab along with another - but wait, there's more - a booster! is the solution. Lol.

Just today, FDA approved a pill from Pfizer, who, ironically decided to start 'testing' a combination of ivermectin, zinc, and vitamin D - like many other countries have been using for months to the tune of $4 per packet....but our cost is $50 USD each. Colour me shocked and your BS can walk.

You can blame yourselves for letting this government lie to all of us and then your sheeple along to accept that it is okay to hate. All of the 'conspiracy theories' of vaccine mandates, then vaccine passports, then perpetual lockdowns, and then rapid inflation have all come true. Their slogan - "we don't have a Covid pandemic, we have an invalid PCR test pandemic" But you hate someone else for letting that happen. lol

Forgot - the world-wide class action lawsuits against the PCR tests to feed your fear, along with the Noble Prize winner for the creator of these tests saying they cannot be used in the manner they are, is soon to be ousted by the FDA, Guess the Omicron fear can't give you your hate, damnit - just facts. https://nypost.com/2021/12/21/biden-...id-treatments/
Imagine thinking an OPINION from a verified right-wing online tabloid trying to piggy back from the NY Times is somehow a reliable source of information.

Also your claim for Pfizer 'ironically' testing a cocktail of ivermectic, zinc, and Vit-D is unironically false. It was a clinical study done with 31 people that started a year ago. Here's an actual legitimate source.
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04482686

Also the class action lawsuits against the PCR aren't debating their efficacy, they're suing because they think governments can't mandate PCR tests. Not the same thing, unless you're manipulating facts to fit a narrative of stupidity. Also saying "worldwide" like it's some wide phenomenon, whereas only like 20 countries allow class action lawsuits to begin with....but I guess like, 5 lawsuits in the entire world doesn't have the same ring as "world wide lawsuits". SMH.

Literally 5 minutes to debunk your false claims, and that's about the only time I'm willing to spend because the rest of it is your opinion. Quite ironic though, that you accuse the majority of the population of being sheeple for following something blindly, when you seem to be quite comfortable doing so unironically.

The only real difference is that you're just wrong.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 07:45 PM   #13848
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:

Just today, FDA approved a pill from Pfizer,
/[/url]
You really going to trust the FDA and Pfizer on a pill that was rushed? Stop being a sheep and follow the money.

Have a buddy who was anti vax and started sending me antivax shit. Every time he would sent one I would send him multiple back. one day he said his bosses neighbor is a nurse and she said the hospital is dead. One of our buddies wifes is a nurse and seeing her facebook posts I knew it was packed. I told him we could call our buddy up and you can talk to his wife. he was silent. What made him finally get vaxxed was when i showed him a news story about a local farmer 36 who was unvaxxed got covid and died. Leaving behind his wife and 2 kids.

I also call B.S. on you and your nurse friends. Are they even nurses? what department do they work in. A hospital is never a ghost town.

11 in hospital from 1 church in Abbotsford.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ster-1.6240198

and this:
Fraser Health declares COVID-19 outbreaks over at Manoah Manor, Valleyhaven (Chilliwack), Westminster House and Willingdon Care Centre; declares COVID-19 outbreak at Abbotsford Regional Hospital

https://fraservalleynewsnetwork.com/...onal-hospital/
Old 12-22-2021, 07:58 PM   #13849

Quote:
Had dinner with a few nurses from Abbotsford Hospital 2 nights ago - place is a ghost town.
Is this pic of your friend 'nurse'?

Old 12-22-2021, 08:56 PM   #13850

Another, this sucks, be scared, “do your part” from our fearless leader

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2021/1...taff-boosters/

Quote:
Trudeau’s message was in sharp contrast to U.S. President Joe Biden’s televised message to vaccinated Americans, telling them they could safely celebrate the holidays with friends and loved ones if they are fully vaccinated, especially if they have a booster shot.

“If you are vaccinated and follow the precautions that we all know well, you should feel comfortable celebrating Christmas and the holidays as you planned it,” Biden said.
Getting hard to blame the current state of the US on trump anymore. People want to shit on the states but they are the best comparison we have to our own situation.

90 year old Joe telling people do as they wish while our fearless leader gobbles up rapid tests behind closed doors