REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-15-2021, 01:23 PM   #13576
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,739 Posts
I don't think that our federal government and our BC government are over reacting with Omicron.

Yes, the number of deaths due to Omicron around the world, are low,...for now.

Let's see what the daily case counts are by Christmas, New Year's Eve, and mid January.

-was listening yesterday closely to what Dr. Henry said about the best and worst case scenarios for Omicron based on computer modelling.

Our government officials make decisions partly based on what infectious disease experts, and scientists tell us about Omicron.

If the docs and scientists say that this variant is much more contagious compared to Delta, I believe them. Case doubling rate is 3 days for Omicron. Thirty four days for the Delta variant.

Dr. Henry: Best case scenario for BC: 1000 daily cases by mid January
Worst case scenario for BC: 2000 daily cases by December 29th
1500 daily cases by December 25th.

Dr. Teresa Tham: 26,000 daily cases across Canada by mid January.

If shit does hit the fan and we do see these daily case numbers because of Omicron in 2 to 4 weeks time, then it's definitely prudent for officials in various levels of government to take action to limit the spread of this variant now.

If the computer models overshoot the actual daily case numbers, then that's a win win for everyone.

If not, then I would be very angry in late December, and January, "Why the fuck did Turd and Horgan not take measures faster and earlier in December to stop the spread of Omicron??"

For example, measures such as increasing the rate of booster shot rollout across each provinces. -Increasing the availability of rapid test kits for people in all provinces.

-pretty stupid not to take some preventative measures now against Omicron if you ask me.

It's the government's job to protect public health and the well being of Canadians, AND the responsibility of each person in Canada to protect themselves and others from Covid and its variants.
Advertisement

Last edited by pastarocket; 12-15-2021 at 01:42 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-15-2021, 01:47 PM   #13577
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,599 Times in 7,296 Posts
Again, what did you expect them to do? Close Canada? Become self sufficient? Leave Canadians stranded in other countries? It’s fucking getting here regardless and I don’t understand how you think two people are just gonna be like HEY FUCK YOU OMICRON STAY OUT and prevent it. By the time it’s discovered it’s already everywhere.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2021, 01:58 PM   #13578
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Again, what did you expect them to do? Close Canada? Become self sufficient? Leave Canadians stranded in other countries? It’s fucking getting here regardless and I don’t understand how you think two people are just gonna be like HEY FUCK YOU OMICRON STAY OUT and prevent it. By the time it’s discovered it’s already everywhere.

Nope, that is not what I posted about in terms of measures to limit the spread of Omicron.

Of course, Omicron is already in Canada.

I'm saying that there are other measures that the feds and other levels of government can do to limit the spread.

I am not advocating a full lockdown on international travel for Canadians and foreigners to and from Canada.

There are articles that mention that the feds are considering that measure.

I don't think that travel bans would work. Although Turd and the premiers may have discussed possible travel bans in terms of international flights, I do not support that measure.

What I do support is that people in Canada getting more access to booster shots if Turd and the higher powers that be increase the booster shot roll out to all provinces and territories. That is one measure that I am hoping that happens much faster.

Dr. Henry said yesterday that over 500 pharmacies in BC will assist in the booster shot vaccination.

That's great, Dr. Henry. Just make sure that Turd delivers more vaccine to BC faster for the booster roll outs!

Last edited by pastarocket; 12-15-2021 at 02:11 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2021, 02:59 PM   #13579
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,014 Times in 8,292 Posts
Get your boosters if you can, or if you know someone who is eligible and are putting it off, encourage them to do so. This is going to happen pretty fast.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 03:00 PM   #13580
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,599 Times in 7,296 Posts
Yeah sorry. I put that thought in my own head and added it to the context of your post after spending time on the previous page and reading an article about limiting travel.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2021, 03:09 PM   #13581
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

So they basically just said please don't do non essential travel? Lol like anyone is going to listen at this point. People are done with this and won't listen if you give them options.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 03:17 PM   #13582

A travel ban would be pointless now, so the next best thing is to suggest people don't travel unless they absolutely have to.

I don't see what the complaint would be for this policy... You'd rather be completely banned even though it wouldn't do anything since Omicron is already there?
Old 12-15-2021, 03:27 PM   #13583
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,850 Times in 969 Posts
Aren't they still saying 6 months before you can get the third shot? Or did they change that
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 03:32 PM   #13584
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,406 Times in 5,469 Posts
I'm not entirely sure what anyone is supposed to do with a public policy of "Don't travel unless you have to, cancel plans if you can, but if you do travel you might get trapped"

I mean... if you're someone who has a $10k trip booked do you cancel and flush most of that money down the toilet based on that statement? And then potentially nothing comes of it?

What a time to be alive they said..........

They better ramp up the booster rollouts... Alberta already announced they will be, I expect we will be following suit post-haste.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 03:33 PM   #13585
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,136 Times in 3,972 Posts
I mean if you've still been booking non-cancelable travel with no contingency plan, whose fault is that really? It's not like back in early 2020 when everyone was caught off guard. Everyone knows full well what's going on at this point.

A ban still has an effect on the rate of spread too, it's not about preventing it from entering the country at all. 2000 people coming in with it will spread it faster than 2 people will.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2021, 03:38 PM   #13586

Yeah if you book a trip during a pandemic, umm.... Expect the unexpected is all I can say.

BTW saw another former revscener post on IG complaining about vaccines, saying we should "listen to Joe Rogan"
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2021, 03:38 PM   #13587
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,460 Times in 2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I'm not entirely sure what anyone is supposed to do with a public policy of "Don't travel unless you have to, cancel plans if you can, but if you do travel you might get trapped"

I mean... if you're someone who has a $10k trip booked do you cancel and flush most of that money down the toilet based on that statement? And then potentially nothing comes of it?

What a time to be alive they said..........
Will travel insurance cover trips cancelled like this? I mean, the federal gov is basically telling people not to travel for leisure.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 03:51 PM   #13588
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,188 Times in 2,004 Posts
The strong Federal Government recommendation to not engage in non-essential travel is only for peasants and average citizens. Politicians are of course exempt from going to Mexico, Hawaii, Caribbean Islands, etc.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2021, 03:52 PM   #13589
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,660 Times in 5,805 Posts
I think it’s more so the fine print in refunds etc.

“Booking trips in a pandemic” yea.. it’s been 2 years.. I think the issue is these wishy washy policies that are having people book trips etc. and then, said above, the govt. ALWAYS operating in this grey area of basically, if you can afford to eat some losses and pay for a bunch of tests, our “recommendations” won’t apply to you.

Time to start getting envious of countries who actually grasp the reality of the situation. Can’t say I feel people are wrong to move to Texas etc. where, at the very least, you know where you stand on a day to day basis with this shit
Old 12-15-2021, 03:59 PM   #13590
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yeah if you book a trip during a pandemic, umm.... Expect the unexpected is all I can say.

BTW saw another former revscener post on IG complaining about vaccines, saying we should "listen to Joe Rogan"
I know you're living based on your surroundings and I'm sure HK is supremely restrictive... but if you were living here you'd probably feel like it had become okay to book things as long as you follow guidelines on masks and filling out government forms. I didn't personally do it... but I can see where people are pretty tired after 2 years of nonsense.

I mean, even Bonnie is sitting around at Lions and Canucks games without her mask on holding a drink.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2021, 04:47 PM   #13591

Quote:
I know you're living based on your surroundings and I'm sure HK is supremely restrictive... but if you were living here you'd probably feel like it had become okay to book things as long as you follow guidelines on masks and filling out government forms. I didn't personally do it... but I can see where people are pretty tired after 2 years of nonsense.

I mean, even Bonnie is sitting around at Lions and Canucks games without her mask on holding a drink.
It became very apparent very immediately that Omicron was going to fuck things up... It spreads worse than Delta or any other form of Covid. If anyone had a tiny bit of sense, they'd look into canceling any trips they'd made before that news came out. If you booked a trip after Omicron, then I hate to say it but that's just really really dumb.

This is all regardless of restrictions. It's just paying attention to what's going on, and instead of saying "the media is trying to scare me" just look at facts instead.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:39 PM   #13592
Performance Moderator

Well I guess you’re judge jury and executioner for the intelligence level of all humanity then.

Omicron is pretty recent and spreadability doesn’t necessarily correlate with seriousness? Everything we’ve been told suggests that you can’t get very sick with vaccination or your chances of it are minuscule so you’re asking everyone to fuck their plans up cuz they might get a bad headache and sniffles? Cuz so far that seems like omicron’s modus operandi.

I mean literally everything is back open and on one hand we are being encouraged to move about and spend money etc so you make the adjustments and then suddenly it’s back to closures. You can’t blame people for doing exactly what they were told they’d be permitted to do if they took the appropriate steps / jumped through the required hoops or call them stupid for doing so.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2021, 05:45 PM   #13593

I think the logistics of travel is more of a deterrent than actually catching omicron. If you went somewhere and that place locked things down, you're up Schitt's creek ... extra hotel stay, working feverishly to find alternative way home, stress, $$$, etc. Then you call Canadian embassy and they say, 'told you so', and can't find you a way home .. now that part may not be worth the week in the sun.

As what reports indicate, it doesn't seem like it comes with very serious symptoms especially if you have double vaccination.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:45 PM   #13594

Quote:
Well I guess you’re judge jury and executioner for the intelligence level of all humanity then.

Omicron is pretty recent and spreadability doesn’t necessarily correlate with seriousness? Everything we’ve been told suggests that you can’t get very sick with vaccination or your chances of it are minuscule so you’re asking everyone to fuck their plans up cuz they might get a bad headache and sniffles? Cuz so far that seems like omicron’s modus operandi.

I mean literally everything is back open and on one hand we are being encouraged to move about and spend money etc so you make the adjustments and then suddenly it’s back to closures. You can’t blame people for doing exactly what they were told they’d be permitted to do if they took the appropriate steps / jumped through the required hoops or call them stupid for doing so.
Well it depends on what you mean by "seriousness"

If you only think of yourself and how it might inconvenience you, and absolutely nothing else, then yeah it's not very serious. Headache and sniffles is not going to be a big problem for one person. But what about when thousands get it all at once? And for many, the symptoms are stronger than headaches and sniffles. Especially in countries with low vaccination rates, or lower quality vaccines.

However it spreads like crazy, and countries immediately started issuing travel bans the moment that became apparent. Not just one country, many many countries in EU. Japan shut their doors completely.

So yeah, it's damn serious. Not because I said so, because i observe what's going on.. I tried to share it here, and people talked about how "the media is trying to scare" them, or the "the cure to covid is to plug your ears and ignore the news"

If that's your solution, to plug your ears and ignore news, and you make $10,000 travel plans.. You can't complain when those plans don't work out.

I do not claim to be the "judge for the intelligence level of all humanity". I just judge actions, and in my personal opinion, that would be a dumb one.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:52 PM   #13595
Performance Moderator

Japan rescinded that closure within an hour of instituting it.

What happens to unvaccinated people is of absolutely no concern to me, that was their choice.

Most people I know made plans before omicron was even a thing.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2021, 06:00 PM   #13596
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,660 Times in 5,805 Posts
Govt. says travel all you want, in fact encourages it.

Book a trip

A week later, no non-essential travel

A TrIp?!?! THaT WaS PreTTy StUpid!!

Booking agencies etc. aren’t exactly the easiest places to deal with regardless of your insurance options.

Love that we are at this stage of virtue signalling with people saying others aren’t “doing enough” lol I see a lot of this on Imgur and these other platforms where people are calling out others for crossing state lines and other dumb shit. By travelling you are endangering others! While politicians hop on PJ’s and the wealthy go unoticed, people trying to get away for a weekend are somehow the devil, love it.
Old 12-15-2021, 06:27 PM   #13597
in the butt

Thanked 3,453 Times in 1,260 Posts
Going to mexico for February with 2 buddies, all booked, YORO
If I don't post any more garbage on revscene mid feb, I'm probably in prison or stuck surfing the waves

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 06:35 PM   #13598

Quote:
Japan rescinded that closure within an hour of instituting it.
Japan had 2 stages of the ban, they only backed out of the second one, which would have banned their own citizens from being able to come back. Foreigners are still banned and certain countries still are.

Quote:
What happens to unvaccinated people is of absolutely no concern to me, that was their choice.
You should be concerned about unvaccinated people, not all of them have the choice (many countries around the world still dont' have access to vaccines, especially mRNA ones). Even the dickheads who do simply not choose to do it are fucking things up for everyone else, which is a concern when it comes to finally beating covid.

Quote:

Most people I know made plans before omicron was even a thing.
That's why I specifically said booking trips after omicron is dumb.. However those people still made travel plans during a pandemic, and that's a risky thing to do. Now they have to deal with the consequences... Not saying these people are dumb and I'm not vilifying them, but they definitely were playing with fire.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:26 PM   #13599
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,339 Times in 587 Posts
I have my wedding booked for July 2022, at this point I don't even know if I should even make arrangements since this Covid BULLSHIT keeps changing. With new variants etc, and potential restrictions if it gets out of hand.

Feel like I should just do pre-wedding photos and sign the fucking papers and call it a marriage. I don't want to plan everything and then wedding cannot proceed down the road. Yeah I know we are like 7 months out but I need to figure it out soon since planning takes a lot of time.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:55 PM   #13600

I highly recommend people to get married with Covid restrictions ... smaller party (or no banquet at all), save you $$$$ for a down payment! Believe me, 2-4 years later, no one will remember going to your wedding and you won't remember who was there.