REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2021, 02:41 PM   #11326
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 52,295
Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
It's absolutely going to be a disease of the poor on a worldwide scale. Sure Canada can get their population vaccinated, but what about poor countries? ie the majority of the world's population?

Vaccinated countries will exist in their own bubble, and others will have to be cut off because they still have covid. And also they'll be developing new variants that will continue to threaten even vaccinated countries.

This isn't going away any time soon.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 03:27 PM   #11327
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Teriyaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,245
Thanked 1,393 Times in 549 Posts
Taking a step back though, almost all diseases and sicknesses affect poor people more don't they? I mean we take for granted that we've pretty much eradicated things like Ebola and Yellow Fever from our immediate worldview, but they're still pretty relevant in the poorest places. You just don't step outside your house thinking, shit hope I don't stung by a bitch of a mosquito and die from Yellow Fever today.

No reason to think COVID is going to be any different like all those other "historic" diseases.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2021, 05:27 PM   #11328
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 52,295
Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post
Taking a step back though, almost all diseases and sicknesses affect poor people more don't they? I mean we take for granted that we've pretty much eradicated things like Ebola and Yellow Fever from our immediate worldview, but they're still pretty relevant in the poorest places. You just don't step outside your house thinking, shit hope I don't stung by a bitch of a mosquito and die from Yellow Fever today.

No reason to think COVID is going to be any different like all those other "historic" diseases.
Unless 2 years from now, one person on a flight from one of these countries spreads a vaccine resistant variant to everyone else, and it goes from there and then we have to do this all over again.

Once we're vaccinated, every effort must be taken to vaccinate the rest of the world.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2021, 05:41 PM   #11329
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Van
Posts: 3,917
Thanked 1,718 Times in 889 Posts
On the mask note, I was out today at the mall and most like 90% of of the people I saw were wearing masks still. I was at London drugs ICBC and I asked the lady there, she said it was still company policy for employees to wear masks. Which is a great thing. And I fully support.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 05:47 PM   #11330
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 250
Posts: 1,368
Thanked 380 Times in 130 Posts
Just got my 2nd jab, Pfizer both times. Will feel much better visiting my grandparents in 14 days...need to keep the vulnerable safe!
__________________
Live by faith, not by sight.
acrophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2021, 06:08 PM   #11331
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
quasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Cloverdale
Posts: 11,533
Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
On the mask note, I was out today at the mall and most like 90% of of the people I saw were wearing masks still. I was at London drugs ICBC and I asked the lady there, she said it was still company policy for employees to wear masks. Which is a great thing. And I fully support.
I went to the mall with wife and son, was masks as usual.

We stopped at the pub for a late lunch, it was fairly busy and nobody wearing masks walking around, coming and going except for us and a couple waitresses. I wasn't sure what to expect today but those two locations were different worlds.
__________________



“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:18 PM   #11332
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North vancouver
Posts: 12,074
Thanked 31,132 Times in 7,145 Posts
Pretty much everyone who came in the restaurant today was wearing masks still. All staff included.
__________________
98 technoviolet M3/2/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2021, 07:00 PM   #11333
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Teriyaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,245
Thanked 1,393 Times in 549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Unless 2 years from now, one person on a flight from one of these countries spreads a vaccine resistant variant to everyone else, and it goes from there and then we have to do this all over again.

Once we're vaccinated, every effort must be taken to vaccinate the rest of the world.
Absolutely, I agree that we should make every effort to vaccinate those that can't afford to vaccinate because diseases really know no borders and we really don't want a super-variant rearing its ugly head and circling around to undo everything.

Flipside, there are going to be those that think "I got mine, go F yourself", "Canada hurrdurr government dumb, we ordered too much vaccine now we donate to others?? my tax dollars!!! "
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2021, 09:17 PM   #11334
Waxin’ Punks
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 7,123
Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
In Whistler right now. 95% mask free I’d say. Server at Araxi encouraged me not to mask up in the restaurant an hour ago. Said she’d live vicariously through me.

I guess I’ll have to see if Rimrock and Bar Oso are as relaxed

It’s been a long time since I’ve heard all the woo girls in the village
__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:44 PM   #11335
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
BIC_BAWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: revscene
Posts: 4,044
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,518 Posts
I was in Langley today. All the restaurants, franchises, and Superstore still had mask signs up. At Superstore, every one was still masked except for a couple with children.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
__________________
|| 18 FK8 | R-18692 | Rallye Red | 6 MT ||
|| SOLD 97 E36 M3 Sedan | Arctic Silver | 5MT ||
|| RIP 02 E46 330ci | Schwartz Black II | 5MT | M-Tech II | Black Cube | Shadowline | Stoff Laser/Anthrazit ||
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 09:21 AM   #11336
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,967
Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,125 Posts
The policies around mask-wearing are really no different than the old "no shoes/no shirt - no service" policy. We just have a very vocal minority, who in the age of social media, get to have their egos stroked by purposely defying policies of private businesses.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2021, 09:54 AM   #11337
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 24,745
Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
When I was at the casinos, I was asked to remove my mask.









So they could check out my ever trusting old man face for the security cameras.
__________________
Quote:
"there but for the grace of god go I"
Quote:
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2021, 12:59 PM   #11338
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Ludepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,738
Thanked 939 Times in 308 Posts
Casino was packed yesterday. Half the people had their mask down because of drinks.

We're getting back to normal. Congrats everyone and fuk the anti vaxxers.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2021, 07:12 PM   #11339
MOD
 
Gh0stRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: VANCOUVER
Posts: 26,849
Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
When I was at the casinos, I was asked to remove my mask.









So they could check out my ever trusting old man face for the security cameras.

Cuz you look shady AF
__________________
M0D3RAT0R

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback


Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:22 PM   #11340
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 24,745
Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
Cuz you look shady AF
I've met you before................ nuff said.

But everybody had to remove their mask. You of all people should know about security measures.

Just ribbing you, man.

god bless.
__________________
Quote:
"there but for the grace of god go I"
Quote:
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 10:01 PM   #11341
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 4,834
Thanked 712 Times in 272 Posts
went to aldergrove water park today
they said limited capacity, online pre-booking full 5 min after starting.
expected few people....
Limited capacity my ass, it was packed as same as pre-covid.

looks like we eradicated Covid-19 boys, good job!
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 10:03 PM   #11342
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 4,834
Thanked 712 Times in 272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I was in Langley today. All the restaurants, franchises, and Superstore still had mask signs up. At Superstore, every one was still masked except for a couple with children.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
was at Ikea Coq yesterday, even some of employees weren't wearing mask
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:34 PM   #11343
MOD
 
Gh0stRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: VANCOUVER
Posts: 26,849
Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I've met you before................ nuff said.

But everybody had to remove their mask. You of all people should know about security measures.

Just ribbing you, man.

god bless.
Yes, I know. Worked in Casinos long time.
__________________
M0D3RAT0R

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback


Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:46 PM   #11344
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Euro7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,138
Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I was at the bank Friday afternoon to deposit some money, lining up, this brown guy comes in without a mask. Asks around the people lining up if he has to wear a mask. Fucking idiot trying to act like he's some hotshot talking out loud on the phone and asking. Everyone inside the bank is wearing masks and fucking signs that says mask mandatory. Businesses have their own rules they can impose, just because restrictions are lifting doesn't mean all businesses need to bend down to them immediately.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 04:27 PM   #11345
in the butt
 
donk.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,615
Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
Casino was packed yesterday. Half the people had their mask down because of drinks.

We're getting back to normal. Congrats everyone and fuk the anti vaxxers.
How dare you speak of my 3 co workers like that
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money
i hate people who sound like they smoke meth then pretend like they matter.

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?


Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2021, 07:43 PM   #11346
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Van
Posts: 3,917
Thanked 1,718 Times in 889 Posts
And this is why there's dead body's floating down the Ganges


Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
I was at the bank Friday afternoon to deposit some money, lining up, this brown guy comes in without a mask. Asks around the people lining up if he has to wear a mask. Fucking idiot trying to act like he's some hotshot talking out loud on the phone and asking. Everyone inside the bank is wearing masks and fucking signs that says mask mandatory. Businesses have their own rules they can impose, just because restrictions are lifting doesn't mean all businesses need to bend down to them immediately.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:51 PM   #11347
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Langley
Posts: 3,918
Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Yeah someone asking if a mask is mandatory in a business is going to cause dead bodies floating down the Fraser River.

Is Canada also an overpopulated third world country now too?
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2021, 03:35 PM   #11348
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
PuYang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 578
Thanked 254 Times in 101 Posts
Booked my 2nd shot at the Christine Sinclair Community Center (Burnaby) 2 weeks from now, hoping they still have Pfizer. Got my first Pfizer shot there.

The appointment booking email said: "You could get either vaccine at the clinic. A choice will not be offered."

If anyone got their second shot there, let me know what they have~

Thanks in advance!
__________________
<:D
PuYang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2021, 03:58 PM   #11349
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
BaoTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 2,705
Thanked 641 Times in 339 Posts
Wait so the mandate is no masks in public indoor places.

So basically every establishment you go to ie restaurant, dealership, mall those are all private places. So you need to wear a mask right?

So the community centre is considered public indoor space?
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 04:01 PM   #11350
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 36,393
Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
I’m in penticton right now snd 100% of the spaces I’ve been to are no masks. Employees not wearing them all signs down etc.

Even for a hotel with a big lineup in the lobby maybe 1 person of 30 wearing one

Yay
__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net