REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-27-2020, 07:36 PM   #26
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
The thing I'm most curious about is if Biden is going to actually last the four years
What are the official odds that Harris takes over at some point before the end of the 4 years? I'm thinking 75%.
Advertisement
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:35 PM   #27
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Listen, Biden isn't the best choice, we all know that. Keep in mind it's about his cabinet, and the people he surrounds himself that matter, given his choices thus far, I'm quite confident he'll do a decent job.
There is a lot of recycled / rehashed Obama-era people among Biden's announced team so far, and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not. If we look back at the Obama era, it makes me wonder how much Biden would be able to achieve.

Georgia is going to be important, and it'll determine the fate and effectiveness of the Biden administration.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2020, 09:49 PM   #28
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
There is a lot of recycled / rehashed Obama-era people among Biden's announced team so far, and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not. If we look back at the Obama era, it makes me wonder how much Biden would be able to achieve.

Georgia is going to be important, and it'll determine the fate and effectiveness of the Biden administration.
Obama was a great ambassador for the US, but he did nothing with a democratic senate and house that was really progressive.

That's why nobody should expect Biden to suddenly be the one that does it
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2020, 04:23 PM   #29

Started already ... Biden injured, fractured ankle playing with his dog. I'm guessing he lasts 2-3 yrs of his 4 year term.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:49 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Started already ... Biden injured, fractured ankle playing with his dog. I'm guessing he lasts 2-3 yrs of his 4 year term.
Not sure if I should LOL or facepalm...

When will POTUS Harris be inaugurated?
Old 11-29-2020, 05:31 PM   #31
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Brent Sopel of the Vancouver Canucks threw out his back picking up a cracker and he only lived another 3 years.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2021, 10:28 PM   #32

OMG... what have I just seen (and now cannot be unseen!)

This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2021, 06:52 AM   #33

You know those cliches, 'Well that was a hard act to follow!' or, 'Those shoes are going to be hard to fill!' ... well, at least Biden won't have to worry about that.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2021, 09:45 PM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:46 PM   #35
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
What are the official odds that Harris takes over at some point before the end of the 4 years? I'm thinking 75%.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a line on this anywhere, atleast none o the official online houses, or vegas bookies.

Interestingly enough though, Harris is actually the favorite currently for winning the 2024 election. She is +350. Biden is next best at +400.

I believe this is the first time ever in my memory that the Current POTUS is not the leader so close to being elected. As an example after Trump won, the line opened and Trump was 200 or 300 points ahead of Hillary to be re-elected.

For anyone interested:

Spoiler!

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:28 AM   #36
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
Quote:
How to Vaccinate 100 Million Americans in 100 Days:
The United States needs a vaccination plan that treats the coronavirus less like the seasonal flu and more like an act of bioterrorism.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/20/o...ine-biden.html

Joe of Scranton leggo!

so far only 39% of distributed actually administered..convince enough Americans for herd immunity and reopen border within 6-9 mos and not 2028 will be great
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:13 AM   #37
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,691 Posts
Watching the Biden and Harris inauguration ceremony now.

A historical moment in the United States!

The first African American/South Asian (she is half Indian) Vice President.

President Biden. The oldest U.S. President.

Lady Gaga, J. Lo, and Garth Brooks are performing at the Inauguration ceremony.

Lady Gaga sings the Star Spangled Banner!

Garth Brooks sings "Amazing Grace".

J. Lo performs songs "This Land is Your Land" and "America the Beautiful!"

quotes from President Biden's speech "Democracy has Prevailed!"

"White supremacy and extremism that we must confront and will defeat!"

"Bringing America together. Bringing our people together. Uniting this nation. I ask all Americans to join me to confront these forces together".

"We can make America once again the leading force for good in the world"

"We must reject a culture in which facts are manipulated and even manufactured" (Trump's fake news )

"Don't tell me that things can't change!"

"To those that did not support us. Hear me out. Hear me clearly. Disagreement must not lead to dis-union. I will be a President for all Americans. I will fight hard for those who did not support me, as well as those did".

“This is America’s day. This is democracy’s day. A day of history and hope, of renewal and resolve. Through a crucible for the ages, America has been tested anew and America has risen to the challenge,” Biden declared, standing alongside his family, supporters, and lawmakers from both sides of the aisle.

“Today we celebrate the triumph — not of a candidate, but of a cause. The cause of democracy. The people, the will of the people, has been heard and the will of the people has been heeded,” he continued.

“Folks, this is a time of testing. We face an attack on our democracy and in truth. A raging virus, growing inequity, the sting of systemic racism, a climate in crisis, America’s role in the world. Any one of these would be enough to challenge us in profound ways. But the fact is, we faced them all at once, presenting this nation with one of the gravest responsibilities we’ve had. Now, we’re going to be tested. Are we going to step up, all of us? It’s time for boldness for there’s so much to do. And this is certain: I promise you, we will be judged, you and I, by how we resolve these cascading crises of our era,” Biden said.

A great speech for the unity for of America. He called out white supremacy in his speech. A speech with passion, sincerity but also a serious and sombre speech.

Amanda Gorman, the youngest American poet laureate at 22 years old, gave a powerful reading of her poem "The Hill We Climb" during the Inauguration.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-20-2021 at 10:54 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:45 AM   #38
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
I wish they brought in Fergie for the national anthem.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:38 PM   #39
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Head of Biden's Secret Service is Korean-American. Of course the MAGA dumbfucks would latch on and claim he's being protected by China

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)

Last edited by CivicBlues; 01-20-2021 at 12:43 PM.
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2021, 01:24 PM   #40

Biden gets to work fast after the inauguration. He and his team are off to a running start:

-from CNN:

President Joe Biden told reporters he is signing "bold" executive actions during his first appearance in the Oval Office.

"There’s no time to start like today," Biden told reporters.

He said these actions are meant to keep his promises to the American people.

"We’re going to need legislation for a lot of the things," Biden said.

Biden plans to take 17 executive actions during his first hours in office, moving faster and more aggressively to dismantle his predecessor's legacy than any other modern president.

Biden will sign a flurry of executive orders, memoranda and directives to agencies, making his first moves to address the coronavirus pandemic and undo some of Donald Trump's signature policies.
Old 01-20-2021, 01:47 PM   #41

The Biden administration's agenda for the first month or so as per CNN reporting:

January 21st : Covid,
Jan 22nd: Economic relief,
Jan 25th: Buy America,
January 26th: Equity
January 27th: Climate,
January 28th: Health Care,
Jan 29th: Immigration,

February: Restoring America's position in the world.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:03 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Biden gets to work fast after the inauguration. He and his team are off to a running start:

-from CNN:

President Joe Biden told reporters he is signing "bold" executive actions during his first appearance in the Oval Office.

"There’s no time to start like today," Biden told reporters.

He said these actions are meant to keep his promises to the American people.

"We’re going to need legislation for a lot of the things," Biden said.

Biden plans to take 17 executive actions during his first hours in office, moving faster and more aggressively to dismantle his predecessor's legacy than any other modern president.

Biden will sign a flurry of executive orders, memoranda and directives to agencies, making his first moves to address the coronavirus pandemic and undo some of Donald Trump's signature policies.
Biden's first 17 executive actions

Includes rejoining WHO, rejoining Paris Accord, cancelling Keystone pipeline, cancels travel ban from Muslim countries, cancels caging illegal immigrants, cancels construction of "the wall" (Trump declared a national emergency to get it funded)
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2021, 02:30 PM   #43

Joe means business in the White House:

President Joe Biden warned new White House employees he would terminate them if he found them trashing one another.

Making explicit he wanted to break with the toxic environment that pervaded the West Wing during the previous administration, Biden said he wanted his staff governed by collegiality and respect.

“If you’re ever working with me and I hear you treating another colleague with disrespect, talking down to someone, I will fire you on the spot," Biden said in the State Dining Room during a ceremony swearing-in officials.

He said he wanted his staff to treat each other with decency, something he said had "been missing a big way the past four years."

Earlier in the ceremony, Biden said he wanted his staff to treat everyone with "dignity."
"History measures us and our fellow Americans…by how decent, honorable and smart we have been in looking out for their interests," he said.
Old 01-20-2021, 03:31 PM   #44
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Biden should've asked Tulsi Gabbard to be his VP instead.

I would love to stand behind her. haha
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 04:05 PM   #45

Thoughts on Biden cancelling the Keystone XL Pipeline? I wasn't for it or against it but damn, what a waste of time and money, especially for AB. What the hell do you do with a 1/2 built pipeline (or however much it is completed). Obama rejected it. Trump gave the go ahead. Now Biden cancelled it ... can't they find some sort of compromise on that?
Old 01-20-2021, 04:20 PM   #46
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Think there's another pipeline thread? Maybe not? Anyhoo, it'll be interesting to see where it all falls. From what I gather, it really was a complete gamble by AB to double down on that pipeline given that they (along with the rest of us) all knew that a Biden administration would mean the cancellation of it. So, they were really just betting on Trump winning like on bet365, but with billions of tax-payer money.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:04 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Biden's first 17 executive actions

Includes rejoining WHO
Re-joining the WHO -- or for that matter, international level organizations where governance system works on a per-country vote with China, Russia, or any of their lackeys around -- is almost completely meaningless. The WHO has proven that it is thoroughly useless, and only served to spread mis-information at the direction of its Chinese masters. The significant consequence of that is -- a lot of idiot countries -- including Canada and Japan -- bought into the WHO narrative and exposed their citizens to the coronavirus risks that could have been entirely avoidable. Sending Fauci as the lead delegate to WHO is also a mistake. He would have served the US and Americans better if he were to focus on his work within the US.

The proper direction in dealing with WHO (and other international institutions like it) should have been to make plans to organize a new body where only allied countries can have veto power, and make that the world's focus and authority to replace WHO. I don't like how a system like that creates a world of 1st and 2nd class nations, but it is one of the most feasible ways to get rid of the constant stalling and sabotaging from unreasonable countries like China and Russia.

I'm kind of surprised that re-establishing ties with Cuba wasn't on the list, but we will see whether anything gets done for that.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2021, 06:18 PM   #48

For people worried about Biden with regards to China

This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2021, 07:44 PM   #49
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
Happy to see the day went off without any violence. Lots of arrests must have scared the freedumb/incel camp back to their parents basements. Hopefully it stays that way.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:09 PM   #50
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Thoughts on Biden cancelling the Keystone XL Pipeline? I wasn't for it or against it but damn, what a waste of time and money, especially for AB. What the hell do you do with a 1/2 built pipeline (or however much it is completed). Obama rejected it. Trump gave the go ahead. Now Biden cancelled it ... can't they find some sort of compromise on that?
jason kenny spend 1.5 billion on keystone xl and now wants JT to put sanctions on the US what an idiot.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/alberta-...line-1.1415107

Quote:
The Alberta government is investing US$1.1 billion (C$1.5 billion) in the Keystone XL pipeline, TC Energy Corp. said Tuesday, while confirming plans to proceed with the project.

The Calgary-based company said the province’s investment will cover planned construction costs through the end of the year. The remaining investment of US$6.9 billion is expected to be made over the next two years and funded through a US$4.2 billion project level credit facility that’s being guaranteed by the Alberta government, and a US$2.7-billion investment by TC Energy.
https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...biden-keystone

Quote:
If, however, the U.S. government refuses to open the door to a constructive and respectful dialogue about these issues, then it is clear that the Government of Canada must impose meaningful trade and economic sanctions in response to defend our country’s vital economic interests,” Kenney said at a press conference.