REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-24-2021, 02:14 PM   #101
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Making fun of a persons disability nice! Bidden has had a stuttering problem all of his life.

Just because a person does not know how to use a computer does not mean they should not be allowed to vote. I have costumers that don't have a computer or refuse to use pay at the pump because they hate new technology. Had a 20 year old girl a few days ago who wanted to put her live savings into a bitcoin ATM he have because the RCMP wanted to verify it. Lucky I stopped it.

If you think stupidity should bar people from voting trump would have never been elected. trump supporter and congress women lauren boebert got her ged one month before running for congress.
At least you understood it as humour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
The way he said "I'm eager to hear" sounded like the N word AHAHAHAH that's Sooooo funny. Good one!

Seriously, what are you? 12?
At least I got a laugh out of it. The media and the TDS sufferers would be trying to cancel Trump if it were his slip up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Is only using YouTube videos to communicate considered a speech impediment?
Guess so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
This is the current problem in politics. Rightwing folks lap this kind of garbage "gotcha" propaganda videos up.

The juxtaposition between our complaints about Trump in the Trump thread in relation to this one is quite illuminating to that.
Right wing? You say this after I share a Jimmy Dore video showing my displeasure with Justice Democrats for selling out to the establishment? No comment on that one?

It was humour. I'm sure I can go through the Trump thread and find posts from you and everyone else, having a laugh at Trump's expense, rather than sticking to politics. The same is not welcome here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I know but come on, this one wasn't even a "gotcha". Anyone who's not a child can hear he did not actually say the N word there.
You already acknowledged my post as humour so yeah, it was never intended to be a gotcha. Did you see me trying to get him cancelled over it? Even Crowder says he doesn't believe Biden is a racist. I am curious to know how you believe this slip up would have been handled if Trump said it. Just humour?
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2021, 02:34 PM   #102
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Making fun of someones disability. Nice!

This is how you really make fun of someones disability.

Old 02-24-2021, 04:29 PM   #103
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
You already acknowledged my post as humour
I did?

You sure can't read sarcasm. No, it wasn't funny, it was just stupid.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 04:39 PM   #104
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,574 Times in 1,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
At least you understood it as humour.

At least I got a laugh out of it. The media and the TDS sufferers would be trying to cancel Trump if it were his slip up.

Guess so.

Right wing? You say this after I share a Jimmy Dore video showing my displeasure with Justice Democrats for selling out to the establishment? No comment on that one?

It was humour. I'm sure I can go through the Trump thread and find posts from you and everyone else, having a laugh at Trump's expense, rather than sticking to politics. The same is not welcome here?

You already acknowledged my post as humour so yeah, it was never intended to be a gotcha. Did you see me trying to get him cancelled over it? Even Crowder says he doesn't believe Biden is a racist. I am curious to know how you believe this slip up would have been handled if Trump said it. Just humour?
I can never tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Your politics align with your sarcastic views/comments, so forgive me for blurring that line with you there

As for Jimmy Dore, I'm not going to debate you on his views, as I wouldn't Alex Jones's.

He's got some good takes here and there, but for a guy who was fired from TYT, I wouldn't take his Youtube channel as the gospel or a primary news source.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:56 AM   #105
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
There is pretty much only one country in the world right now I can think of that isn't a disaster and that's New Zealand. How many fucks do you think they have given about China in the last year? Probably somewhere hovering around zero.
your last statement is likely not wrong but i hope you're half joking

why do you think the globe is in this current mess in the first place

the influence from China here on the west coast/in Canada is a bit more subtle but almost undeniable

and in the Oceania region? it's fucking BLATANT. We're talking police stations, schools, highways funded OPENLY by the chinese party..the debt trapping is real. fakest doctor Tedros of WHO is the only one in recent spotlight but he's just one of an entire army of puppets

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/02/62724...nese-influence

yes US should face intense criticisms from once a respected leader in science and tech on a good day to becoming a farce almost overnight..i even argue they're the epitome of hypocrisy having killed however many over all their overseas war tours then claim to champion human rights, freedom and democracy. Still, domestic strife does not discredit their international voice and flexing to stand up against the China problem. Pandemic or not. BLM riots or not. Blue or Red. World Police gotta pohlease ..lesser of the evil.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2021, 04:10 PM   #106
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,298 Times in 2,510 Posts
OK... this is going to be interesting now...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...a-iran-militia
Quote:
US reportedly carried out airstrike against Iran-backed militia in Syria

Strike, which was approved by Joe Biden, comes after a series of attacks against US targets in Iraq
I wonder what the repercussions are gonna be across the board...
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2021, 05:32 PM   #107
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,177 Times in 2,408 Posts
I chuckled at this

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2021, 10:36 AM   #108

At this point, I have no ill feelings towards Biden, although I do think it is questionable whether he can clearly express himself and whether he is suitable to fulfill his duties as POTUS. And then we have this:

Let's just say I would not at all be surprised to see Harris getting sworn in as POTUS at some point in the next 3+ years.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:54 AM   #109

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Man trips - not fit for president
Obese racist man who uses words like “accomplimentshades” - fit for president
Got it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2021, 11:10 AM   #110

did we watch the same video?

he did not only trip
that's stumbling big time
questionable gait when he was trying to pick himself back up
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2021, 11:20 AM   #111

Thanked 7,177 Times in 2,408 Posts
Yeah the fact that he had several tries where the ankle didn't seem like it was holding up is concerning.

Alt right social media must be shitting themselves with glee right now, dissecting and diagnosing that video from all angles.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2021, 12:43 PM   #112

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
did we watch the same video?

he did not only trip
that's stumbling big time
questionable gait when he was trying to pick himself back up
Well stop the fucking presses a 78 year old man has a hard time getting up. He’s old, he’s brittle, and his balance is bad.
This has nothing to do with anything other than the dipshit angle people are going to play it as.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2021, 01:13 PM   #113

This isn't about Biden just tripping. It's about whether he is healthy, fit, and potentially lucid enough to fulfill his duties as POTUS. I am not making fun of him or his tripping.

A few days ago, the news was going on about how Biden has only come out for a single public interview / public address 2 months into his term, whereas other past presidents have already had multiple. The POTUS is both the national leader and public face of the US. He needs to lead both with his plans and his presence, meaning he needs to physically be there. As far as the public is concerned so far, he is falling way short of that.

You can't send Harris out as VP to deal with the top leaders of other countries.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:39 PM   #114
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,330 Times in 5,645 Posts
Lol he’s fucking 80, of course he’s not fit.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:57 PM   #115
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
After the last president, the bar has been set so low in terms of acting "Presidential". I think they'll be fine.
Teriyaki is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2021, 02:05 PM   #116

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Although Biden's health is questionable, he's doing a heck of a job so far as POTUS compared to Cheeto No. 45.

Biden and Harris are meeting with Asian American leaders in Atlanta.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/atl...3decaf3f47c010

Biden condemns 'skyrocketing' hate crimes against Asian Americans in wake of deadly shooting

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/19/polit...nta/index.html

Biden is urging Congress to pass the Covid-19 Hate Crimes Act.

I have seen racism up close in Canada, and as an observer of the shit show happening in the US in the past year and still happening.

George Floyd's death, Asian Americans being assaulted, a Chinese senior having to use a two by four to defend herself after a fucking idiot punched her in the face without provocation in San Francisco's Chinatown.

Eight people killed in Atlanta. Many of them are Asian women. Hmmm.

-hearing Biden's speech right now condemning verbal and physical attacks on Asian Americans.

This pandemic has brought the best AND the worst in humanity.

Crazy fucked up people who look for people of Asian descent as the scapegoats for Covid 19. Some of these fools are anti-mask and anti-vaxxers.

Silence is complicity. I am not gonna be silent on the racism that has happened and is still happening in North America.

Yeah, Biden is not perfect as a POTUS. Is any person in the world "perfect"??

One piece of US federal legislation doesn't change the racist attitudes and hate in the heart of Americans or any people in any of the country of the world.

Having said that, something has be done to provide more protection for Asian Americans! The US is an extension of my family with five cousins, an aunt, and uncle living in three states.

The stories that my cousins tell me over whatsapp about the racial slurs and other shit that they have to deal with on almost a weekly, if not daily basis is horrific.

In contrast, Cheeto kept saying "China Virus" and "Kung Flu" in his inflammatory rhetoric at his rallies. Cheeto still says "China Virus" on Fox News today. Talk about putting a target on Asian Americans!

Last edited by pastarocket; 03-19-2021 at 02:44 PM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 02:06 PM   #117

Quote:
anything other than the dipshit angle people are going to play it as.
like how people made a big deal over tp on trump's shoe boarding af1

we're in a pandemic anyways, most of the work can probably be done from the oval office..i agree this is drivel
Old 03-19-2021, 02:18 PM   #118
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Trump is FOUR years younger than Biden and nobody mentions how old and brittle and mentally unfit he is?

He messed up more than a few words and had trouble navigating numerous gradients of ramps and stairs?

So stupid...
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 02:20 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Trump is FOUR years younger than Biden and nobody mentions how old and brittle and mentally unfit he is?

He messed up more than a few words and had trouble navigating numerous gradients of ramps and stairs?

So stupid...
-not to mention that Trump loves his well done steaks and hamburgers.

The food of fit Presidents!
Old 03-19-2021, 02:22 PM   #120
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
This isn't about Biden just tripping. It's about whether he is healthy, fit, and potentially lucid enough to fulfill his duties as POTUS.
You listened to 4 years of Trump speeches and thought he was lucid enough to fulfil his duties as POTUS?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2021, 02:59 PM   #121
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,330 Times in 5,645 Posts
The state of American politics - arguing over which senile, feeble, unhealthy, 80 year old is best suited to lead..
Old 03-19-2021, 03:09 PM   #122
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
I think the biggest concern about him should be the way he fired a number of his staff today for past cannabis usage even in states that its legal.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...h=4b0edace42db

Quote:
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said Friday five White House staffers were "no longer employed" over their use of marijuana as part of a vetting process for security clearance, as the Biden administration comes under fire over reports that numerous young staffers have been penalized for past marijuana use (including in states where it’s legal) even though they were told they wouldn’t be.

The Daily Beast first reported late Thursday "dozens of young White House staffers" had either been asked to resign, were suspended or put in a remote work program over their past marijuana use, despite earlier assurances past marijuana use wouldn't impact their employment.

Psaki did not directly respond to the report, but claimed in a tweet Friday five firings had come from "hundreds of people hired," and assured Americans the Biden administration had loosened existing policy on marijuana use.

The Biden administration changed the existing marijuana policy by allowing waivers on a case-by-case basis for potential staffers in the Executive Office of the President that wouldn't require them to go through the vetting process for a Top Secret security clearance, according to an NBC News report Psaki shared Friday.

What that did is allowed for the administration to hire staffers who had admitted to "limited" marijuana use, under the agreement they wouldn't use marijuana during their time in government and would agree to random drug testing.

A history of significant marijuana use could still disqualify staffers from a waiver, according to the report, and those hired would be required to work remotely for an unidentified amount of time after their last marijuana use.

WHAT WE DON'T KNOW
Psaki didn't specify whether anyone other than the five staffers had been suspended or otherwise penalized in any way as a result of the policy. The White House has not responded to multiple requests for comment from Forbes.

KEY BACKGROUND
The White House reportedly made the change in vetting requirements as it was having difficulty filling positions given the massive number of Americans—and especially young people—who have used marijuana at least at some point in their lives. The Daily Beast reported some staffers were initially told their history of marijuana use would be overlooked only for them to later be asked to resign. Staffers also claimed they were never informed how much past usage the administration qualified as acceptable. It also reportedly did not matter if a staffer came from one of the 14 states where marijuana use is legal. It's also been legalized by the District of Columbia, but the drug officially remains illegal on a federal level.

SURPRISING FACT
President Joe Biden was largely expected to take a much more lenient approach than past administrations when it came to marijuana policy, as many Democrats push to legalize marijuana at the federal level. Biden also said during his campaign he supports decriminalizing marijuana.

BIG NUMBER
52%. According to a 2017 Yahoo News and Marist poll, that's how many American adults have used marijuana at some point in their lives. The number of active users is much lower, though. A 2019 Gallup poll found about 12% of Americans regularly smoke marijuana, but that number jumped among those 18-29 (22%) and liberals (24%).

FURTHER READING
Biden White House Sandbags Staffers, Sidelines Dozens for Pot Use (The Daily Beast)

Past marijuana use won't automatically disqualify Biden White House staff (NBC News)
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 03:40 PM   #123
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,002 Times in 1,907 Posts
You'd think someone by now would have invented an elevator type of lift or an escalator thingy that would bring the Prez (or anyone actually) to the level of the airplane door.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2021, 03:59 PM   #124
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Dude was flying up those stairs, slipped, got back up, and continued flying right back up the stairs. Salutes like nothing happened.

Has nobody ever slipped on some stairs before? Especially wearing those stupid leather shoes with smooth soles on carpet stairs?

Regardless of how good he's doing as president, it is quite a reach trying to make this a thing
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2021, 04:03 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
You'd think someone by now would have invented an elevator type of lift or an escalator thingy that would bring the Prez (or anyone actually) to the level of the airplane door.

You mean a stairlift? Plenty of those products on infomercials now.

I can see Biden using one of these lifts:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk