REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-18-2021, 12:56 PM   #226
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
lets be serious, no one actually cares about anyone. Left or Right
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2021, 01:11 PM   #227
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,390 Times in 1,233 Posts
Yup, they really only care about hurting the other side more

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 01:31 PM   #228
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
People do as individuals, but as a generalization of political alliances, absolutely.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 03:20 PM   #229
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I legitimately care about the language interpreters/translators for sure. These guys and gals put their lives and family lives on the line to do a service in which they were promised an exit plan.

For sure those people should be helped out.

The others? Not so much.

It bothered me seeing all the people at the airport trying to get on the planes were men. Where are these guy's families? Seems they could give a fuck about anyone but themselves.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2021, 02:35 PM   #230
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,016 Times in 1,912 Posts
Holy Sh*t! 60 Afgans killed, 12 US Troops by attack at airport! I know this withdrawal isn't on Biden ... Trump negotiated it but the sitting Prez always looks bad.

On the Canadian side, it's looking bad on Trudeau as well although Canada is a smaller player.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 02:43 PM   #231
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
^^^^ Canada had units working outside of the airport, going into the city, to help people get to the airport though, unlike the US who only operates within the airport grounds

All countries other than the US pulled out last night because of word that some isis linked group was going to carry out attacks

It's definitely on Biden, wth pulls out so quickly and in the middle of the night, without so much as a word to afghan forces and allies, and then blames the unpaid afghan forces for being demoralised and not putting up a fight (the shady us imposed harvard Prof president stole all the money for himself)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 02:47 PM   #232
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,459 Times in 5,117 Posts
I don’t even think any of us should comment or theorize on this one.

None of us have any accurate knowledge whatsoever of what’s happening over there. All any of us really know is it’s a clusterfuck and probably still will be when we’re all dead.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2021, 02:49 PM   #233
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Holy Sh*t! 60 Afgans killed, 12 US Troops by attack at airport! I know this withdrawal isn't on Biden ... Trump negotiated it but the sitting Prez always looks bad.
Would you blame Trump or Biden for pulling out of Afghanistan though? I certainly wouldn't. From an American POV, it makes no sense to keep deploying troops and fighting a war that has lasted 20 years with no sign of it ever ending. Someone has to pull the plug, and that someone happened to be Trump.

As far as the execution of withdrawing from Afghanistan though, the responsibility to do it right is totally falling on Biden, and unfortunately, he / the military staff under his directions have done it rather poorly and disorderly. So blaming him for the poor execution is entirely sensible.

One question I have in mind is -- the US never backs out from a fight when their own service members are hurt -- or in this case, killed. So I wonder how the US military will retaliate. Do they just bomb the bejesus out of Taliban targets again? are they going to send troops? (that seems unlikely) Are they going to try for pinpoint assassination strikes of some sort?
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 02:54 PM   #234
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,459 Times in 5,117 Posts
Seemed like the latter from what we get through media, they mentioned having detailed imagery from multiple planes and helicopters in the area to review and that strikes would be forthcoming once a clear narrative of what transpired had been reached.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 03:07 PM   #235

So some of you may remember Kevin Newman, he used to be the global national anchor.

He’s since retired and works for a non-profit doing work in war-torn countries. He was on the radio yesterday speaking of Canada’s “attempt” to get people out. He said basically you had to have an internet connection in order to access this secure portal to get your paper work etc. Done. You were then instructed to make your way to the airport

He said he was in contact with Canadians and people who had filed the proper paperwork but they were being turned away at the airport because their papers were not in colour…

He said just over 2000 people had gotten the proper documentation and now Canada is saying barley 1000 people got out. So basically half the people who were eligible did not get out.

He always seemed like a pretty straight forward guy and if he’s working for non-profits I don’t really see him having any reason to lie or make Trudeau etc. Look bad. If what he was saying is true it’s pretty fucking terrible..
Old 08-26-2021, 03:18 PM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
One question I have in mind is -- the US never backs out from a fight when their own service members are hurt -- or in this case, killed. So I wonder how the US military will retaliate. Do they just bomb the bejesus out of Taliban targets again? are they going to send troops? (that seems unlikely) Are they going to try for pinpoint assassination strikes of some sort?
I doubt they'd hit the taliban, word before the attacks n after wasn't putting the blame on them
Old 08-26-2021, 04:16 PM   #237
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,390 Times in 1,233 Posts
Why would the Taliban bomb themselves? They were in control of the airport and the entrances up to it

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 04:50 PM   #238

Radio said wasn't Taliban, was ISIS-K a group that formed on the Pakistan border who think the Taliban aren't extreme enough :S
Old 08-26-2021, 04:53 PM   #239

I think if anything this just validates the need to get the fuck outta dodge as soon as possible.

Imagine if the withdrawal is delayed for another month or two. How many suicide attacks do you think the public would put up with, losing American lives, just to extract Afghani's?

This is why politics sucks, there is no right answer. Had they stayed longer, you run into the risk of more bombing attempts such as this one, which the public will freak out over.

The airport itself is only 5 klicks from the city center, it's pretty tough to secure and control that airport in any safe manner without a surge of troops at this point.

What do you do?
Old 08-26-2021, 05:12 PM   #240
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Joe Biden Thread

-some quotes from Joe Biden’s speech.

“We will not forgive. We will not forget. We will hunt you down and make you pay”.

We will respond with force and precision at our time, at the place we choose and the moment of our choosing," Biden said. "Here's what you need to know: These ISIS terrorists will not win."

My guess is that US Special Forces are going to lead the mission to find ISIS-K to put a big beatdown on them.

Biden said that the mission is still to help as many Americans to get out of Afghanistan.

With that in mind, perhaps a military team that attacks with great precision and force to kill ISIS-K while ensuring Americans leave the country safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 08-26-2021 at 05:46 PM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:16 PM   #241
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,016 Times in 1,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Would you blame Trump or Biden for pulling out of Afghanistan though? I certainly wouldn't. From an American POV, it makes no sense to keep deploying troops and fighting a war that has lasted 20 years with no sign of it ever ending. Someone has to pull the plug, and that someone happened to be Trump.
No ... don't blame US and Allies for getting out at all. Maybe they should have done it a long time ago. But yes, the exit strategy should have been thought out and planned better.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:07 PM   #242
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
No ... don't blame US and Allies for getting out at all. Maybe they should have done it a long time ago. But yes, the exit strategy should have been thought out and planned better.
The whole invasion was doomed to fail from the get go.

The Afghans know how to beat invading armies. They know they're outgunned and out numbered but they know that they won't be outlasted.

They simply wait for the invading army to leave and retake control. Happened to every single invading force to go into Afghanistan.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2021, 10:04 PM   #243
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Biden authorized drone strikes against ISIS K. Killed 2 members that allegedly planned the suicide bombing that killed at the Kabul airport.
Let the war begin again. But with drones and not boots on ground.
SuperAman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 10:32 PM   #244
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAman View Post
Biden authorized drone strikes against ISIS K. Killed 2 members that allegedly planned the suicide bombing that killed at the Kabul airport.
Drones aren't effective without boots on the ground.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 11:04 PM   #245
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Drones aren't effective without boots on the ground.
I agree, but he is not going to put boots in the ground after he pulls everyone out. He will look more like an idiot. Unless he finds a guinea pig from another nation do do his dirty work.
SuperAman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 11:01 AM   #246
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Old 09-11-2021, 10:11 PM   #247

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAman View Post
The guy who was loading up water for aid work, or was this a different one?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:16 AM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
lmao in case ppl don't know, it wasn't actually Paul wolfowitz, it was a fake.. Supposedly lol
Old 09-12-2021, 09:10 AM   #249

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
lmao in case ppl don't know, it wasn't actually Paul wolfowitz, it was a fake.. Supposedly lol
You are right. I don't know if Paul had ever been on newsmax but after what they said about him he is never going to be on there again.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pranks...wolfowitztwice
Old 09-12-2021, 10:58 AM   #250

figured that was fake.

On that end, the mouth never bites the hand that feeds it...