REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:19 PM   #151
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
They also just casually walked into their gated community.
Fck gated communities. Neighborhoods should not have gates.
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2021, 07:50 PM   #152
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,045 Times in 2,078 Posts
^disagreed but some fed up neighbours probably let that “angry mob” in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:26 PM   #153

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
I dunno about that one, but the gates are usually only closed at night.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:46 PM   #154
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-25-2021, 10:06 PM   #155
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
While it is true that Biden's infrastructure bill is extraordinarily expensive, I cannot agree with the suggestion that it is irresponsibly burdening the future American generation with unbearable debts. It is no secret that American road infrastructure -- including and especially the Interstate Highways -- have deteriorated into a very sorry state. There is a reason that the American Society of Civil Engineers has given it an overall C- grade, and I trust their professionalism with that assessment.

Bear in mind that the C- grade is an overall assessment. There are large parts of the country that are obviously doing better, but also tons of places where their local regional scores would fall far lower than that C-.

It wouldn't be an exaggeration to call the Interstate Highways the circulatory system of America. It transports goods, people, and everything else in between on an day-in, day-out basis. It is going to be money well spent, and the ROI is something that would be enjoyed for years to come.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2021, 10:21 PM   #156
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,461 Times in 5,119 Posts
If USA cared about future debt they wouldn’t have spent 778 billion dollars on military last year.

Let that number sink in. One year.

But yah let’s cry about 600 billion over 15 years (40 billion a year, or 5% of the annual military budget?) on infrastructure.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2021, 11:23 PM   #157
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Fck gated communities. Neighborhoods should not have gates.
Neighbourhoods*

From gated communities, to individual homes shouldn't have fences, to they shouldn't have security cameras/alarm systems, to they shouldn't have bars on the windows/doors, to they shouldn't have locks on the doors/windows. Where do you draw the line?

Neighbourhoods shouldn't have a lot of things. Security of any kind shouldn't be necessary, but we don't live in some utopia where no one wrongs another person.

For me, so long as my taxpayer money wasn't spent constructing or maintenance of a gated community, that it was all on their own dime, I could care less. Private roads and properties exist. If a group of likeminded people want to get together and create a community by pooling their money to create security, so they don't have to live side by side each in their own Fort Knox, I see no issue.

Do you believe those CHAZ/CHOP "communities" had a right to build barriers and gatekeep who could enter or reside within?
Old 05-25-2021, 11:34 PM   #158
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
If USA cared about future debt they wouldn’t have spent 778 billion dollars on military last year.

Let that number sink in. One year.

But yah let’s cry about 600 billion over 15 years (40 billion a year, or 5% of the annual military budget?) on infrastructure.
I can think of at least one candidate who was railroaded by the MSM and her own party, for being against unnecessary regime change wars. They even denigrated her as a "Russian asset" while currently serving as a military officer and veteran. The establishment, to which Biden is an old lap dog, in the pockets of both parties and the legacy media, won't have an end to their gravy train.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:33 AM   #159

Quote:
Neighbourhoods*

From gated communities, to individual homes shouldn't have fences, to they shouldn't have security cameras/alarm systems, to they shouldn't have bars on the windows/doors, to they shouldn't have locks on the doors/windows. Where do you draw the line?

Neighbourhoods shouldn't have a lot of things. Security of any kind shouldn't be necessary, but we don't live in some utopia where no one wrongs another person.

For me, so long as my taxpayer money wasn't spent constructing or maintenance of a gated community, that it was all on their own dime, I could care less. Private roads and properties exist. If a group of likeminded people want to get together and create a community by pooling their money to create security, so they don't have to live side by side each in their own Fort Knox, I see no issue.

Do you believe those CHAZ/CHOP "communities" had a right to build barriers and gatekeep who could enter or reside within?
I guess you see no issue with people who have waterfront property trying to keep people off the beach. Instead of building fences to surround your neighborhood, they should use that money to make the area better. But America is pretty much all a shithole now. So I guess they have no choice to arm themselves and live in fear 24/7. Texas now is letting any idiot over 18 carry a gun zero training needed.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:57 AM   #160

Quote:
I can think of at least one candidate who was railroaded by the MSM and her own party, for being against unnecessary regime change wars. They even denigrated her as a "Russian asset" while currently serving as a military officer and veteran. The establishment, to which Biden is an old lap dog, in the pockets of both parties and the legacy media, won't have an end to their gravy train.
Are you talking about Tulsi Gabbard. LOL. She was a favorite of the RSS. Look how good India is doing now.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:57 AM   #161
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

I can't believe this is real. This is some Onion-level fuckery right there.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-26-2021, 02:51 PM   #162
Performance Moderator

That dude isn’t compensating AT ALL hahahaha
Old 05-26-2021, 05:08 PM   #163

I just can't even imagine a politician running an ad like that in Canada, or anywhere in Western Europe, and be taken seriously.

What a fucked up country the US is in terms of its culture.

It's no wonder there's a damn mass shooting every other day there.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-26-2021, 05:40 PM   #164
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
One more today in San Jose. 9 dead. Anywhere else in the world would be reeling for months. In US it will be forgotten by the end of the week
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-26-2021, 05:49 PM   #165
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,045 Times in 2,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:02 AM   #166
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57383869

Not a surprise, but billionaires aren't paying taxes, including bloomberg and soros

Biden White House yells its illegal to release ppls tax info!

They were all for it with Trump tho

Defenders will say "it's not a surprise we know this is a problem with the tax system"

But this was just another manipulative tactic used to push the masses against Trump, anti trumpers will say "so what cry about it!"

But my point anyway is, omfg look at how easily ppl are being swayed one way or the other smh
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 05:57 AM   #167
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Releasing a member of the public’s tax info isn’t the same as the president releasing his own. I think every single president prior has done that, so the hypocrisy you’re looking for isn’t actually here.
Yeah people are hypocrites, but this is totally unrelated.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2021, 10:12 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57383869

Not a surprise, but billionaires aren't paying taxes, including bloomberg and soros

Biden White House yells its illegal to release ppls tax info!

They were all for it with Trump tho

Defenders will say "it's not a surprise we know this is a problem with the tax system"

But this was just another manipulative tactic used to push the masses against Trump, anti trumpers will say "so what cry about it!"

But my point anyway is, omfg look at how easily ppl are being swayed one way or the other smh
I don't quite get your point here. What people would defend this? The Republican party be it through thinktanks and billionaire funded "foundations" have long tried to propagate the idea of Libertarianism, essentially destroying all forms of taxation and social systems.

Trump's first move in office was to ram through a tax break for these very same billionaires

The Democrats to a lesser degree are surely culpable, but such message has never been their focal point or goal.

The reality is this has been a problem for some time now, and should be no surprise to anyone. The same problem exists within Canada as well.

It's no coincidence that government programs and social services have had steady declines over the last decades in terms of quality and accessibility. The rich have essentially systematically strangled the tax system in their favor.

I'll never quite understand how this is not a primary issue for lower/middle class voters on the right -- where as trans people in sports, and critical race theory is.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2021, 10:21 AM   #169
Performance Moderator

Yah that’s the big thing I don’t understand about the GOP’s base… they’re shooting themselves in the foot and rallying behind guys they would have hated in high school for being preppy or having daddy’s money ??? It’s downright bizarre.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2021, 11:24 AM   #170
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,390 Times in 1,233 Posts
'If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket."

- Lyndon B. Johnson

For today's parlance, "colored man" can be interchanged with "woman", "minority", "foreigner", "non-binary person" etc. to the same effect.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2021, 11:49 AM   #171
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
The reality is this has been a problem for some time now, and should be no surprise to anyone. The same problem exists within Canada as well.

It's no coincidence that government programs and social services have had steady declines over the last decades in terms of quality and accessibility. The rich have essentially systematically strangled the tax system in their favor.

I'll never quite understand how this is not a primary issue for lower/middle class voters on the right -- where as trans people in sports, and critical race theory is.
To a certain extent, the recent G7 tax reform to tax multi-national corporations is an attempt to address this issue. But it'll be years -- my guess is easily 5+, if not longer -- before any real action can be put into place. Even then, there are still tons of BVI companies and stuff that will continue to find ways to dodge taxes.

The wealthy have been getting wealthier, and the middle class has been shrinking for quite some time now. How can we possibly get these people to take on a bigger financial responsibility to help those less fortunate than they are?
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2021, 01:28 PM   #172

How stupid conservatives are.

Old 06-09-2021, 02:00 PM   #173
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,390 Times in 1,233 Posts
Inb4: OmG Black Lives Matter wants to change the orbit of the moon!! AnTiFa!!!111

p.s. BLM = Bureau of Land Management

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2021, 02:08 PM   #174

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts

Quote:
I don't quite get your point here. What people would defend this?
People who don't understand scale. Even that comic isn't quite right, the guy in the middles pile would fill the entire room behind him. They don't grasp just how rich the uber wealthy truly are and how big the gap is between them and the kind of "rich" person you or I might actually know with a 7 or 8 digit net worth. I put rich in quotes because compared to billionaires they really aren't, they're just fancier members of the lower class, but they mistakenly think they're in the same league as the billionaires.

That makes it even easier to just blame "illegals" or "the left" or whatever else they already hate for it.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2021, 03:38 PM   #175
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Releasing a member of the public’s tax info isn’t the same as the president releasing his own. I think every single president prior has done that, so the hypocrisy you’re looking for isn’t actually here.
Yeah people are hypocrites, but this is totally unrelated.
I'm speaking about when trumps tax info was released illegally, not trump not releasing his tax info
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote