REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #8851
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
I think Clippers can make it to the finals yet nobody in LA would give a shit
That's because you are ignorant - Clippers get more attendance than the Lakers....only 3 other teams pack their stadiums more than the Clippers: Chicago, Dallas, and Miami.
Advertisement
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #8852
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
How is Howard's foul a flagrant 2. Nigga Faried fucking acted like he took a gun shot. Fucking hate that nigga jumping around like a fucking monkey.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:49 PM   #8853

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
How is Howard's foul a flagrant 2. Nigga Faried fucking acted like he took a gun shot. Fucking hate that nigga jumping around like a fucking monkey.
Looks like a good call to me...Made no attempt whatsoever to make a play on the ball...looks like he got him in the face and pushed him down while Faried was taking off. Yes, Faried overreacted, but hey, when you purposely commit a dirty foul, you can't complain if you get ejected....If he at least made an attempt to get the ball, it would be a different story.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #8854

ok brah but he's still a monkey.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:01 AM   #8855
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
That's because you are ignorant - Clippers get more attendance than the Lakers....only 3 other teams pack their stadiums more than the Clippers: Chicago, Dallas, and Miami.
Clippers are the maple leafs of the Nba. Packed house or not. Nobody gives a shit.. Fast break lob city style won't make it past the first round in the playoffs.. Lakers have 16 rings and clippers have 0. Respect is earned.. Posted via RS Mobile
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #8856
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Hey guys, how'd I do?
Not that hard to pick 6 favorites

Celtics big 3 always play well in televised games
Miami was at home
Lakers had Nash back
Bulls missing rose
Clippers were clear favorites
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by zx7rrrr; 12-27-2012 at 01:41 AM.
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:28 AM   #8857

they will past the first round pretty easy bro with the kind of seed they're sitting on. The Lakers is the one I'm worried about. The shitshow is not even over .500 Was the Heat ever this bad? The Heat always had the defensive intensity to fall back on. This Lakers team without Howard, as you can see, has zero defense.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #8858
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I honestly don't know what's up with the Lakers defense. The guys seem totally lost. You see them just looking when there's a loose ball, no one looks like they have a sense of urgency or want the ball. They just stand around looking at the ball expecting someone else to grab it. WTF
hotjoint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #8859

because

Old 12-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #8860
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ exactly why all my friends are eating my words right now, the same guys who laughed at me when I said D'antoni wasn't the right guy as he's an offensive coach....
they jury still however should NOT be out on the Lakers defense, simply because Dwight Howard isn't at 100% yet, yea he's that much of a beast that him at 100% can turn this defense around

Speaking of coaches, gotdamn Deron Williams in full effect.... I would swear that this guy was Vince Cartering this shit last little while so they could dump the coach.... watch now when they get their new coach he's gonna start playing like an All-Star again.... this fckin guy yo

SLAM ONLINE | » Head Coach Avery Johson Fired By the Brooklyn Nets

so I was watchin the Clips game christmas and 1 thing I caught cracked me the fck up, and I was really naive to think that Stu Jackson wouldn't catch this either on a CHRISTMAS DAY game, haha

he either says "Shut the fuck up, or Sit the fuck down" for the first part, but second part is clear as can be... "Bitch ass nigga"

Old 12-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #8861

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx7rrrr View Post
Clippers are the maple leafs of the Nba. Packed house or not. Nobody gives a shit.. Fast break lob city style won't make it past the first round in the playoffs.. Lakers have 16 rings and clippers have 0. Respect is earned.. Posted via RS Mobile
Trust me, you have NO idea what you are talking about...They are tonnes of die-hard Clippers fans in LA. "Lakers have 16 rings and clippers have 0. Respect is earned"...What the fuck kind of retarded logic is this...Canucks have zero stanley cups, does that mean nobody gives a shit?

Quote:

Miami was at home
Lakers had Nash back
Bulls missing rose
Posted via RS Mobile
Again, nice logic...

"Celtics always play well in televised games." - wat....
"Miami was at home"....okay?...So was Brooklyn.....So was Chicago....
"Lakers had Nash back"....so what? They were playing the hottest team in the league...
"Bulls missing Rose"...Without Rose, they've done just as well as Houston all season, and they were at home...

Also, here are the odds for xmas day:

2012 NBA Odds & Over/Under Totals for Tuesday, December 25

Quote:
Boston Celtics +3.5
Brooklyn Nets -3.5

New York Knicks +3.5
Los Angeles Lakers -3.5

Oklahoma City Thunder +2.5
Miami Heat -2.5

Houston Rockets +4.5
Chicago Bulls -4.5

Denver Nuggets +7
Los Angeles Clippers -7
So I beat the odds on 3 of the 5 games, meaning I didn't just pick the "favourites"...
Old 12-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #8862

Who cares if u picked the right teams lol. Geezus

Avery Johnson FIRED... Another one for the Dwill record book lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #8863
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Kevin Durant is the one of the most clutch players in fourth quarters. Is OKC on the verge of a comeback victory?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #8864
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
JESUS FUCK, CALL THAT SHIT A 3 AND LETS MAKE IT A OT GAME!!!
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #8865

No!!!! Mavs tie the game with Collison's three pointer. It's time for OT.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #8866
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Darren channelling his UCLA days.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #8867

-got a question for you guys about the Clippers' degree of playoff success this season.

G-spec, I know you're a big CP3 fan, so I'm hopin' you reply to this post.

-just heard Barkley give his opinion during the halftime show of tonight's game about LAC.

Sir Charles said that he thinks that the Clippers will make it to the Western Conference Finals. He said that the team's half court offense will not be able to help this team go past the 3rd round of the playoffs into the Finals. Barkley said that teams like OKC, San Antonio, and Memphis will slow the Clippers down, to minimize fast break opportunities for dunks and layups. It's assumed that the game slows down in the playoffs with all teams' defences tightening up.

However, Kenny Smith said that he likes the combo of the Clippers run and gun open court offence with the "help and recover" defence of this team. The Clippers' help defence is good enough such that it will help LAC get fast breaks in transition leading to dunks or layups.

Can the Clippers make it to the Finals?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #8868
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

too tough to call

OKC, and Memphis will be giant obstacles, I think they can beat SA
Isaiah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #8869

Good chance to finals if Chris Paul is healthy (and I don't see why he wouldn't be with the type of minutes he's playing). Team is fucking deep. And Odom is getting his shit together too. Jesus Christ....
Old 12-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #8870

They way things are looking right now, a healthy San Antonio is the Clippers biggest threat in the West. They are smart and well coached, they are the only team out of those 3 mentioned that can systematically slow the pace down and give Clips trouble in that sense, but they got 1 great perimeter defender in Kawhi, and he can't guard everyone at once.
Thunder are incapable of slowing the pace down thanks to Westbrook and Durant style of play.

Neither Thunder or Grizzlies aren't beating the Clips in a 7 game, Thunder won't because Durant will be the only guy scoring consistently and Westbrook will show up in a game or 2, but he'll shoot himself out of most of the series which will hurt his team. I see Blake and D'Andre stepping up defensively more to make Ibaka and Perk a non factor.
Grizzlies, well Rudy Gay and a consistent Mike Conley are my only two worries, Blake and D'Andre are able to handle ZBo and Gasol consistently now, but I assume Conley will be almost shut down by a combination of CP3 and Bledsoe on him all game long, I don't give a fck if you're Isiah Thomas circa 1988, getting hounded by these two guys all game long will fuck you up.

Clippers are in the Finals going up against the Heat this year, Lakers are a wildcard, I have seen the best from all of these teams this season, SAS, OKC, MEM, and they don't match up against the Clips when all the cards are on the table, but I've yet to see the Lakers best so I have to hold my opinion on them until I see that.

The biggest reason for Clips success this season in my opinion is Del Negro has figured out which bench guys provide bursts of what exactly, he puts in Bledsoe when he needs a spark it's automatic, he puts in Barnes when he needs quiet work on both ends of the floor, he puts in Odom when he needs versatility, he lets J Crossover loose often.... he's not just relying on Chris Paul making everything happen like it was last year.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #8871
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I agree with Charles, I don't see the Clippers going past the Western Conference finals. i don't like Del Negro as a coach. In the half court set the clippers resort to playing too much Iso. They need to move the ball around more on offense.
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #8872

I have the grizzlies making it to the finals this year. And that hurts saying coming from a huge lakers fan here lol

Hope I'm wrong and lakers make it instead
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #8873

^ both of you guys are making arguments against last year's Clippers, and I agree with that's how they were last year, but now they're a much different team this year.
The Grizzlies thing, well even last season as unorganized as Clippers were, they showed they could consistently beat the Grizz, they got them in the Playoffs..... and now the way they're playing this season, fuggedabout it, it's a wrap...

And as far as the ISO argument, the only guy that truly plays ISO in halfcourt this year is Crawford, that's because he's earned that right and it's what he is literally there to do.
Everything else is produced off defensive pressure leading to fast breaks and pick and rolls, and posting up Blake. The leftover scoring comes from their guards going hard to the hoop knowing they will either draw a foul, or that D'Andre or Griffin will clean up their garbage behind them.

The Spurs are the only team really capable of slowing the Clippers down to a grind halfcourt type game, and what happens even then? you still got Chris Paul the greatest playmaker in the game calling your plays, you still got a front court of Blake and Jordan you have to guard and guys like Duncan, Diaw and Splitter have to guard them.
Not to mention the fact I brought up earlier that Spurs have 1 legitimate defender in Kawhi, so this slowing down that the Spurs do, it's not some great intense defensive scheme they lack good defensive players for that, it's just basically a little bit off smart shuffling but mostly it's fouling the shit out of the other team enough to slow the pace down. That shit ain't gonna work in a 7 game series, not for a 2013 Spurs team

Last edited by G-spec; 12-28-2012 at 08:53 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #8874

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Future team USA member

Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #8875

^Can't wait for G-Spec and JonWon to get me mine!! Thanks guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Who cares if u picked the right teams lol. Geezus
Clearly, zx7rrrr does...I was merely pointing out that I picked all the correct winners as a joke and then he made a serious rebuttal about it making it into a conversation...

Quote:

Miami was at home
Lakers had Nash back
Bulls missing rose
Posted via RS Mobile